In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

Just now, Burberry said:

I just can not see them being that selfish 

500,000 was an average not exact

It wasn't even an average.  The average for the 24 new and 24 repeats would be:

For the new episodes, $289k per 30 second spot would be ~6.1 million per episode.

For the repeats, ~140k for 11 minutes would be about 3 million for each of the 24 repeat episodes.

The average for those 48 episodes would be 4.5 million per episode.   Thats an average of around $205,000 per 30 second spot.

Not exact is an huge understatement.   500k per 30 second spot would bring in, at 11 minutes per show, 11 million per show, almost double the 6.1 million per show that they currently are getting.  If the show was getting 500k per 30 second spot, there would be no problem giving the first five their $100k per episode back, and move Melissa and Mayim up to 1 million per episode, with enough left over to give Kevin a nice raise, and still make a lot more for CBS than they do now.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

For the new episodes, $289k per 30 second spot would be ~6.1 million per episode.

For the repeats, ~140k for 11 minutes would be about 3 million for each of the 24 repeat episodes.

The average for those 48 episodes would be 4.5 million per episode.   Thats an average of around $205,000 per 30 second spot.

Not exact is an huge understatement.   500k per 30 second spot would bring in, at 11 minutes per show, 11 million per show, almost double the 6.1 million per show that they currently are getting.  If the show was getting 500k per 30 second spot, there would be no problem giving the first five their $100k per episode back, and move Melissa and Mayim up to 1 million per episode, with enough left over to give Kevin a nice raise, and still make a lot more for CBS than they do now.    

Your right then they would all be happy, Now all  we have to do is hope the writers can step up their game so the they would be paying 500k for advertising 

Edited by Burberry
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

1 hour ago, Burberry said:
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Lenny was like their first baby. Might of neglected that baby. But still alot of love their.

I’m really sorry but I do not understand your grammar.

The line means : Lenny was like the writers' first baby. Even though they might have neglected that baby, there's still a lot of love there.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Your right then they would all be happy, Now all  we have to do is hope the writers can step up their game so the they would be paying 500k for advertising 

That's gonna be quite difficult as TBBT has never even been over $400k.  The highest was around season 7 at around $370k.  With ratings falling across the board for broadcast I find it difficult to believe a entertainment show will ever get above $500k for a thirty second spot again.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, bfm said:

Actually I think it's more like anything can't happen, as the writers are reluctant to write all these things I'd mentioned.

I don't really disagree with you, since we both know that these writers have disappointed us time and time again in regards to Lenny story lines, but I believe that what the poster was referring to was that since all the milestones have now been hit (except for the smart and beautiful babies which I'm assuming will be left for last) the writers are "free" to write whatever they want. 

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

I just can not see them being that selfish 

It's not a matter of being selfish. They can ask for their $ 100,000 dollars back and of CBS think they can make money off them they'll give it to them and if not they wont.  We as fans get emotionally invested but as far as TV channels go it's simply a numbers game.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

As always an explicit and insightful explanation

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I do recall in S6. When Penny was studying. Leonard behind Pennys back and did her Assignment. Penny was not happy. So it is a two way street. 

The thing about Penny's paper and Leonard reading it even though Penny didn't want him too  was when   he wrote a new paper for her, sure it was wrong of him but his intentions where coming from a good place. He saw it was awful and didn't want her to get discouraged so thought if he wrote her paper for her it would help her . Of course Penny got mad and didn't think he believed she could do it herself telling  him that if he fail or passes she wants to do it on her own which is good. However a couple of days later she came to Leonard to show off how she got a B- on her paper and proceeded to mock Leonard.  But as it turned out it wasn't her paper after all it was written by Amy and Bernadette, with Penny threatening them to avoid them telling Leonard . Then she basically tells them they'll be writing her next paper as well. So Penny getting  angry  at Leonard for writing the paper for her , but then having  no issue with Amy & Bernadette doing it for her instead made Penny a hypocrite.  

• Like 5

The thing about Penny's paper and Leonard reading it even though Penny didn't want him too  was when   he wrote a new paper for her, sure it was wrong of him but his intentions where coming from a good place. He saw it was awful and didn't want her to get discouraged so thought if he wrote her paper for her it would help her . Of course Penny got mad and didn't think he believed she could do it herself telling  him that if he fail or passes she wants to do it on her own which is good. However a couple of days later she came to Leonard to show off how she got a B- on her paper and proceeded to mock Leonard.  But as it turned out it wasn't her paper after all it was written by Amy and Bernadette, with Penny threatening them to avoid them telling Leonard . Then she basically tells them they'll be writing her next paper as well. So Penny getting  angry  at Leonard for writing the paper for her , but then having  no issue with Amy & Bernadette doing it for her instead made Penny a hypocrite.  

Not really. Penny was angry againgst Leonard for very different reasons. She’s always had insecurities about her intelligence. And Leonard exploited that. With Amy and Bernadette they were referencing her high school years. Where she was the popular girl and kinda a bully. So sure a interpretation could be she was a hypocrite. But I just think she couldn’t miss the opportunity to rub it in Leonard’s face for thinking she couldn’t do the assignment herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Not really. Penny was angry againgst Leonard for very different reasons. She’s always had insecurities about her intelligence. And Leonard exploited that. With Amy and Bernadette they were referencing her high school years. Where she was the popular girl and kinda a bully. So sure a interpretation could be she was a hypocrite. But I just think she couldn’t miss the opportunity to rub it in Leonard’s face for thinking she couldn’t do the assignment herself.

I think Penny has a pretty great understanding of the function of the service sector. No human being is able to do everything. But to know how to achieve the goal seems very street smart to me. And that cleverness has distinguished her for a long time, hasn't it? :declare:

o_401.gif.b4eba397abaf7764be0eb2bc0b4dc45d.gif

Edited by veejay
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

after all it was written by Amy and Bernadette, with Penny threatening them to avoid them telling Leonard . Then she basically tells them they'll be writing her next paper as well.

What gets me is the change in Bernadette's character. She started out sweet and now everyone is basically walking on eggshells around her so as not to upset her. She's had about a 180 degree swing in personality traits, which I find as ridiculous. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

What gets me is the change in Bernadette's character. She started out sweet and now everyone is basically walking on eggshells around her so as not to upset her. She's had about a 180 degree swing in personality traits, which I find as ridiculous. 

Really? I find it most real. There a tons of people like that - all sugary and sweet when you meet them or know them superficially. But when you get to really know them, they have a "dark side" like Bernadette. For the most part pleasant, but don't make them angry, you won't like them when they're angry.

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

The very spirit of the show is ridiculous. It's why I love it. A tiny woman waiting on tables to put herself through a PhD appearing so naive, sweet, meek and mild didn't seem believable to me. She had to be tough underneath.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

A tiny woman waiting on tables to put herself through a PhD appearing so naive, sweet, meek and mild didn't seem believable to me. She had to be tough underneath.

That's how I see it. If she had those tendencies earlier, they would have surfaced especial when she was upset with Howard and Penny. We saw some of her spirit when she called Howard a putz when Debbie (Howard's mom)  was in the hospital.

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

She's a lot nicer than me.

Oooookayyy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

The very spirit of the show is ridiculous. It's why I love it. A tiny woman waiting on tables to put herself through a PhD appearing so naive, sweet, meek and mild didn't seem believable to me. She had to be tough underneath.

I love Bernadette!  After Penny and Leonard, she is my favorite.  I enjoy her tough as nails persona underneath the tiny little person with a squeaky voice!  I just wish they did not do the two (+) episodes of bonding with Sheldon (ugh!!!!).  The Christmas episode where they went shopping for Amy and the episode where he kept her company while the others were at the wine tasting.  

I love that she runs roughshod over Howard.  Also like how even Penny is a little wary of her.  I absolutely adore her development!!!!  (she also gets off some pretty funny one-liners!!!!).   

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Very, very poor.  A shameful product.  Just old, old, old photographs re-purposed.  Extremely unsatisfactory....

It's terrible, no effort put into it whatsoever.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I love that she runs roughshod over Howard.  Also like how even Penny is a little wary of her.  I absolutely adore her development!!!!  (she also gets off some pretty funny one-liners!!!!).   

I agree, I just wished they showed more of this side earlier. But, then Howard may have ran for the hills.

2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Seriously? Well, looks like the use of ancient remnants continues. :icon_rolleyes:

You'd think they would use updated pictures. But, who really cares?  😉

40 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Very, very poor.  A shameful product.  Just old, old, old photographs re-purposed.  Extremely unsatisfactory....

35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's terrible, no effort put into it whatsoever.

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Paying the cast to show up for a picture must not be in the actors contract 

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

Seriously? Well, looks like the use of ancient remnants continues. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm surprised that they didn't go with this shot of the cast on the couch. Even though it isn't a new photo, it's more natural looking.

The_Big_Bang_Theory_Season_11.jpg