In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

31 minutes ago, chucky said:

I agree, I just wished they showed more of this side earlier. But, then Howard may have ran for the hills.

They had a meta joke on that once. It was the episode where Bernadette accidentally signs a get well card as if it were a retirement card (one of the best Bernadette plots IMO). In one of the scenes when she ponders her options and comes off kind of cruel/mean/uncaring Howard asks her something along the lines of "Were you like that when we met?"/"Were you always like that?"

Edited by bfm
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

I'm surprised that they didn't go with this shot of the cast on the couch. Even though it isn't a new photo, it's more natural looking.

The_Big_Bang_Theory_Season_11.jpg

For as popular as this program is and for the money it makes, they can at least do an annual full cast series of photographs.  To me, this is just cheap and lazy..... (Oh look! My 3,300th post is me bitching!!!)

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 6

Is anybody else alarmed by the switch to a two-disc box-set on DVD instead of three? They're DVD 9s [greater storage] but from what I can tell the previous box-sets used three DVD 9s, so the capacity has come down and presumably the compression must have gone up. I don't like the idea of twelve episodes squeezed onto a single DVD. Thankfully they're still releasing the show on Blu-ray.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tripper said:

Is anybody else alarmed by the switch to a two-disc box-set on DVD instead of three? They're DVD 9s [greater storage] but from what I can tell the previous box-sets used three DVD 9s, so the capacity has come down and presumably the compression must have gone up. I don't like the idea of twelve episodes squeezed onto a single DVD. Thankfully they're still releasing the show on Blu-ray.

Where did you see this, @Tripper? If that's the case, I don't like it at all! There should be 3 DVDs, especially if they're adding bonus material to the discs. Normally, the blu-ray sets are two discs, with the DVD version using 3. Ugh!!! I've read elsewhere that fewer discs means a lower SRP, but I really haven't seen that be true. Warner Bros. is also releasing the first season of Young Sheldon on DVD with 2 discs, which would mean 11 episodes on each, accompanied by bonus material.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Where did you see this, @Tripper? If that's the case, I don't like it at all! There should be 3 DVDs, especially if they're adding bonus material to the discs. Normally, the blu-ray sets are two discs, with the DVD version using 3. Ugh!!! I've read elsewhere that fewer discs means a lower SRP, but I really haven't seen that be true. Warner Bros. is also releasing the first season of Young Sheldon on DVD with 2 discs, which would mean 11 episodes on each, accompanied by bonus material.

From Seat42F's post of the full Warner Bros. press release: https://seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-11-blu-ray-and-dvd-release-details.html

DVD Standard Features: *

§ 2 DVD-9s

§ DVD Audio – English (5.1)

§ DVD Subtitles – ESDH, Latin Spanish, French

§ Presented in 16×9 widescreen format

Blu-RayTM Features: *

§ 2 BD-50s

§ BD Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 – English

§ BD Subtitles – ESDH, French, Latin Spanish

§ BD Presented in 16×9 widescreen format

Perhaps as a space-saving gesture, the Comic-Con panel will only be on the Blu-ray and not the DVD.

Yes, I noticed the Amazon listing for Young Sheldon: Season 1 DVD also listed two discs. I wondered whether it was a mistake, but Seat42F also has the full press release for the DVD which confirms it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tripper said:

From Seat42F's post of the full Warner Bros. press release: https://seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-11-blu-ray-and-dvd-release-details.html

Perhaps as a space-saving gesture, the Comic-Con panel will only be on the Blu-ray and not the DVD.

Yes, I noticed the Amazon listing for Young Sheldon: Season 1 DVD also listed two discs. I wondered whether it was a mistake, but Seat42F also has the full press release for the DVD which confirms it.

Yes, further down on the page, it mentions that the Comic-Con panel is exclusive to the Blu-ray set.

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 2

The press release lists these special features:

§ The Maturation Imperative (NEW Featurette)
§ The Big Bang Theory: The Blueprint of Comedy (NEW Featurette)
§ A BBT History of Time (NEW Featurette)
§ Gag Reel
§ The Big Bang Theory: 2017 Comic-Con Panel (Exclusive to Blu-ray)

So, we're not getting the two deleted scenes from "The Bow Tie Asymmetry" that were released online. 😢 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

§ Gag Reel

So, we're not getting the two deleted scenes from "The Bow Tie Asymmetry" that were released online. 😢 

Interesting! Very interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, veejay said:

110321_0333.jpg.119568af195d9d028c38344d3601e64f.jpg

LOL how much is that going for $1000000000000.0

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

For as popular as this program is and for the money it makes, they can at least do an annual full cast series of photographs.  To me, this is just cheap and lazy..... (Oh look! My 3,300th post is me bitching!!!)

Hmm yeah when I first saw Penny in that blue dress. I Thought Hmm I recognise that dress. I think its a recycled image from S3. Just seemed a more cost effective way of producing a DVD Cover Art. Without actually spending any money. The whole lost in orbit idea is a good one. But it lacks any real creativity. They can't sit the cast down take a photo shoot. It just seems with all the levarage they have. With still such a popular show. They are not utilizing any of it. They have barely promoted the show past five seasons either. Ova than the illfated 200th episode. Heres the past five DVDS covers and you can tell a trend emerging. 

91Mk++t6svL._SL1500_.jpg

166fb85023b98932f74c282c4c19127a.jpg

91Qs0W4ZciL._SY445_.jpg

the_big_bang_theory___temporada_10__seas

LAZY

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Burberry said:

If the bold and beautiful got to a season 30 why can’t tbbt geez people use some positivity in your life👍

I think thirty years is a bit too much. There's a big difference between Soaps and SitComs.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

But I just think she couldn’t miss the opportunity to rub it in Leonard’s face for thinking she couldn’t do the assignment herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And she couldn't, she had someone else do it for her. What she "rubbed in" Leonard's face was Amy and Bernies work nor her own.

So yeah she was a hypocrite 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Thank God they released the DVD/Blu-Ray covers. There was nothing much left to argue about until the Season 12 thread starts :)

And they are indeed pitiful. Thankfully I don't buy TBBT on disc since S7.

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Thank God they released the DVD/Blu-Ray covers. There was nothing much left to argue about until the Season 12 thread starts :)

Ohhh, I wouldn't say that. I'm ornery enough to argue just to argue. Gotta make the day go by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JE7 said:

And she couldn't, she had someone else do it for her. What she "rubbed in" Leonard's face was Amy and Bernies work nor her own.

So yeah she was a hypocrite 

So that excuses Leonard going behind Pennys back, when she explicably said not too? Call Penny a Hypocrite. But that was Disrespectful from Leonard. So I Think he deserved that. 

8 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

§ Gag Reel

Friends DVDs have deleted scenes embedded in the episodes, maybe they'll do that, at least with the Hawking scene that has visuals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

Friends DVDs have deleted scenes embedded in the episodes, maybe they'll do that, at least with the Hawking scene that has visuals.

All we can do is hope. I really liked that Hawking Scene.

• Like 1

One of the futurettes is called ''A history of time'' which should be a clear reference to Hawking and his most famous book. I guess/hope that it collects all the memories cast&crew share  of him and the edited scene from last season finale.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

One of the futurettes is called ''A history of time'' which should be a clear reference to Hawking and his most famous book. I guess/hope that it collects all the memories cast&crew share  of him and the edited scene from last season finale.

As Elvis would say, Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

So that excuses Leonard going behind Pennys back, when she explicably said not too? Call Penny a Hypocrite. But that was Disrespectful from Leonard. So I Think he deserved that. 

One of my least favorite plots.  A college professor Leonard writes a paper for a Jr college class that Penny really should be able to write for herself showing no real support.  Penny’s friends doing the same,  Penny not taking real responsibility for herself.  Penny the hypocrite.  In my book everyone comes out looking awful.  They could have had the same plot with Leonard editing her paper ( unasked) with lots of red/ rewrites and the plot would work without them all looking like total jerks.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

One of my least favorite plots.  A college professor Leonard writes a paper for a Jr college class that Penny really should be able to write for herself showing no real support.  Penny’s friends doing the same,  Penny not taking real responsibility for herself.  Penny the hypocrite.  In my book everyone comes out looking awful.  They could have had the same plot with Leonard editing her paper ( unasked) with lots of red/ rewrites and the plot would work without them all looking like total jerks.

Yeah, it seemed that the writers, as usual, came up with a lame unbelievable plot just for the proverbial laugh.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Here's a look at the cover art for Season 11, coming Tuesday, September 11:

I totally agree with what everyone else has said so far. Can't they get some new pics? I mean, seriously?

7 hours ago, bfm said:

I've never seen an entire ep of Friends and never bought one of the DVDs so I wouldn't know but I hope so. I really think they should be there, especially the Hawking scene. Unless they change their minds and put it in an after the wedding scene when the season opens.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1