In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

6 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Just had a random thought, Hollywood loves remaking old shows and cartoons as summer blockbuster type movies these days. The experience Kunal has from paying Raj for 11 years makes him perfect for the lead in a live action remake of...

Pepe Lapew 

tenor.gif.80fedccbf19e1b0825e6b4fd4d257be3.gif

😊Oh my, my, my! He would be perfect in that part. 😊

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I was hoping for more Mary, Alfred and Beverly at Sheldon’s wedding or lead up to it anyway.  Just a mary responding with a plus one to the invite would have been great.  I would really like to see more Leonard and Alfred because we have seen so little of it.  There really are very few reasons they would all come together at this point.  Maybe if Leonard and Sheldon shared some award.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsGreentea said:

I was hoping for more Mary, Alfred and Beverly at Sheldon’s wedding or lead up to it anyway.  Just a mary responding with a plus one to the invite would have been great.  I would really like to see more Leonard and Alfred because we have seen so little of it.  There really are very few reasons they would all come together at this point.  Maybe if Leonard and Sheldon shared some award.

Alfred and Mary or just Alfred and Lenny, would do just fine. I'm sort of tired of snobbish, stuck up Beverly. Alfred and Leonard have a more father/son relationship.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

Alfred and Mary or just Alfred and Lenny, would do just fine. I'm sort of tired of snobbish, stuck up Beverly. Alfred and Leonard have a more father/son relationship.

To me it really appears that they are trying to work things out in the Leonard/Beverly relationship; and doing so through Penny.  Mrs. P. Hofstadter is doing the work required to help heal things between her husband and her mother-in-law.  From including Beverly in the girl's night with Bernadette and Amy, which led to the wedding re-do, up to and including the bonding she did with Beverly toward the beginning of Season 11, things have warmed between Leonard and his mom.  The relationship will never be perfect, but it (to me) is on the road to improvement, through the help of Beverly's favorite in-law.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

To me it really appears that they are trying to work things out in the Leonard/Beverly relationship; and doing so through Penny.  Mrs. P. Hofstadter is doing the work required to help heal things between her husband and her mother-in-law.  From including Beverly in the girl's night with Bernadette and Amy, which led to the wedding re-do, up to and including the bonding she did with Beverly toward the beginning of Season 11, things have warmed between Leonard and his mom.  The relationship will never be perfect, but it (to me) is on the road to improvement, through the help of Beverly's favorite in-law.

True, but with Leonard,  I feel the mind is willing but the body isn't. I think too much water has passed under that bridge. Sounds like it would make a nice FanFiction Story though. 😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

True  I hope they continue this bonding in season 12  as well

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

True  I hope they continue this bonding in season 12  as well

I think you see some more bonding between Penny and Bev, but not so much Leonard and Bev.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I think it could be very funny if Penny invited Beverly to stay in 4A (without asking L beforehand, natch). There are so many comic/romantic possibilities centred on Lenny, if only they'd put Shamy in the background.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I think it could be very funny if Penny invited Beverly to stay in 4A (without asking L beforehand, natch).

Oh god no! Not with or without asking Leonard before hand. You saw Leonard's reaction to Penny wanting to invite Randal (her brother), to stay with them. Leonard would go ballistic at the first words of that sentence. I don't think that would be in the least bit funny, unless you want Lenny to get a divorce!

I'm hoping the writers aren't reading here and getting ideas to try this. 😨

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chucky said:

I'm hoping the writers aren't reading here and getting ideas to try this. 😨

So far as I know Christine Baranski will be busy with The Good Fight again next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Announcements have said  "Inside the Writers Room", so I'm guessing no.  But remember Johnny and Melissa have shown up unannounced.  

And Mayim and Kunal.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2018 at 8:44 AM, hokie3457 said:

The only bonding I see is Penny and Beverly. I believe that Leonard is beginning to wash his hands with Beverly. He'll let Penny be Beverly's bestie while Leonard bonds with Alfred. He has a more secure relationship with his father. :sungum:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Alfred did cheat on her afterall. 

Who wouldn't cheat on her. She's nothing but a cold hearted  b***h. I mean come on, Alfred had to use Leonard's hugging machine. You'd have to have the patience of Jobe not to cheat. I don't condone cheating, but where Beverly is concerned, I can easily look the other way.  😏

Edited by chucky

Don't forget that Alfred enabled Beverly's abuse of their children. Accomplice by silence. If they do bring him back I hope it wouldn't be as if this never happened because that would legitimize his behavior. When it was for the re-do it was short and there were many people there so I didn't count that as legitimizing the enabling of abuse. He may have had his reasons but that doesn't make his behavior okay.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bfm said:

Don't forget that Alfred enabled Beverly's abuse of their children. Accomplice by silence. If they do bring him back I hope it wouldn't be as if this never happened because that would legitimize his behavior. When it was for the re-do it was short and there were many people there so I didn't count that as legitimizing the enabling of abuse. He may have had his reasons but that doesn't make his behavior okay.

Very little is known. Who can say he was silent? Perhaps he was outmaneuvered. Perhaps he trusted too much. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

All we know well information from Leonard. IS he was just as afraid to confront Bev as much as Leonard was. And borrowed Leonards hugging machine. I don't think we can say without a shadow of a doubt Alfred enabled Bevs Abuse. No one knows for sure.

I am not sure I agree Bev was heartless. Sitcoms always have those characters. Penny was the Sitcom Slut. And Bev was that Cold and Distant Mother. Those roles work for comedy earlier on. i think Bev was a very clinical person. Look at how she was in her first episode back in S2 The Maternal Capacitance. She pretty much diagnosed Penny on the spot. So I am not saying Bev was not cold and distant with Leonard. I just don't think she knew how to articulate her emotions. And through out the series you've seen many examples of that. Lately she told Leonard he married the best out of his siblings. 

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

42 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

All we know well information from Leonard. IS he was just as afraid to confront Bev as much as Leonard was. And borrowed Leonards hugging machine. I don't think we can say without a shadow of a doubt Alfred enabled Bevs Abuse. No one knows for sure.

I am not sure I agree Bev was heartless. Sitcoms always have those characters. Penny was the Sitcom Slut. And Bev was that Cold and Distant Mother. Those roles work for comedy earlier on. i think Bev was a very clinical person. Look at how she was in her first episode back in S2 The Maternal Capacitance. She pretty much diagnosed Penny on the spot. So I am not saying Bev was not cold and distant with Leonard. I just don't think she knew how to articulate her emotions. And through out the series you've seen many examples of that. Lately she told Leonard he married the best out of his siblings. 

Absolutely right. Penny could confirm this to Leonard, albeit indirectly. She's getting closer and closer to that realization. Even though I'm not a shrink. 😀

n_448.gif.8bf18227623119218b8f42047f3482d6.gif

• Like 3