In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

Just now, Carlos said:

I know!!:icon_cheesygrin:

To me "Young Leonard" would be more enjoyable to watch than "YS"!

1 minute ago, Burberry said:

I Just looked up predictions for 2018 emmys and it was pretty sad

tbbt should be up there with them

No arguments from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

To me "Young Leonard" would be more enjoyable to watch than "YS"!

No arguments from me.

The more the merrier. Have we ever had a sitcom featuring children in a family of intellectuals ? The idea of submitting papers to Father Christmas and having them graded by him tickles my funny bone. All that ever happened in our house was he drank the sherry or port we left out for him and ate the mince pies. ( I know, I know, in America they leave him a glass of milk. LOL. Not on this side of the pond. No wonder he comes here earlier. In Australia and NZ it's even earlier still, I'm told. :)  )

• Like 1

A "Young Leonard" show...maybe as a Netflix drama.

As for the Emmys...As much as I like TBBT there is much more fresh and sharp stuff out there. There's stuff like "The Good Place" and "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" which IMO is more deserving. TBBT is a good ol' multi-camera sitcom. Nothing inovative, which seems to be a consideration in these type of things, and it is far from its peak.

Edited by bfm

Not expecting any nominations for the show, maybe Mayim might get one (She had a pretty strong season, several entertainment journalists have also noticed and she would be a nominee if it was up to them) but it wouldn't be a shock at all if she doesn't.

Lot of fresh new shiny stuff particularly on the streaming services that I suspect will get all the attention.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think TBBT has been good enough past 4 seasons to be considered for nomination. 

Anybody know when the People's Choice Awards nominations will come out?  TBBT seems to do better when the fans are involved.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Anybody know when the People's Choice Awards nominations will come out?  TBBT seems to do better when the fans are involved.

I'm hoping that they are at least nominated. They're better than some of those nominated shows.

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think TBBT has been good enough past 4 seasons to be considered for nomination. 

I always thought L & P's engagement and S's hitting the tracks at the end of S7 was the natural ending and the last 4 saesons were like the inevitably dissapointing sequel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajond said:

You mean the great 1 with his 2 minions.

TOUCHE'  I guess I was day dreaming about the good old days!

2 hours ago, ajond said:

You mean the great 1 with his 2 minions.

But he's still scared shitless of Penny!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, chucky said:

Well, it's sure been awfully quiet here lately. Does the cat have your tongues, err fingers! 😊

Just means that anything anyone is upset about has been rehashed to infinity and beyond and there is nothing new to gush about yet.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Just means that anything anyone is upset about has been rehashed to infinity and beyond and there is nothing new to gush about yet.

Some of us are busy reading and/or writing fan fiction. Some of us are watching the football world cup. Some are watching Wimbledon.Others are just enjoying the heatwave when they get in after work.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, djsurrey said:

So far as I know Christine Baranski will be busy with The Good Fight again next season.

I love Christine. She has perfect comedic timing.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:32 AM, 3ku11 said:

I am not sure I agree Bev was heartless. Sitcoms always have those characters. Penny was the Sitcom Slut. And Bev was that Cold and Distant Mother. Those roles work for comedy earlier on. i think Bev was a very clinical person. Look at how she was in her first episode back in S2 The Maternal Capacitance. She pretty much diagnosed Penny on the spot. So I am not saying Bev was not cold and distant with Leonard. I just don't think she knew how to articulate her emotions. And through out the series you've seen many examples of that. Lately she told Leonard he married the best out of his siblings. 

I like your resume of the situation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

There's always something to talk about. Even of it's mindless chatter.😊

5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Some of us are busy reading and/or writing fan fiction. Some of us are watching the football world cup. Some are watching Wimbledon.Others are just enjoying the heatwave when they get in after work.

Interesting!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, djsurrey said:

But this is when old-line TBBT fans can dream about how S12 ought to be, before the inevitably dissapointing reality arrives.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

not to mention the great drama unfolding in real time. 

• Like 1