Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

Like his eidetic memory, synesthesia, asthma, etc., all is ephemeral unless it serves the purpose of the moment. There used to be people on telly shows who were paid specifically to track continuity. Despite its generous budget, I gather TBBT has eliminated that position.  

Perhaps that is more of a concern on a drama. Here they do rewrites on the fly if the  live audience does not react the way they want when they want.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps that is more of a concern on a drama. Here they do rewrites on the fly if the  live audience does not react the way they want when they want.

Quite true, that may be the reason. Still, for long-time viewers, glaring lapses in continuity are disconcerting. Even with on-the-spot rewrites, how often would those clash with established character traits?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chucky said:

Rewrites - Good or bad?

We are going into season 12 strong compared to most everything else out there so it cant be that harmful for the success of a sitcom. TBBT has been very very good for the cast. "cha-ching"

 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

We are going into season 12 strong compared to most everything else out there so it cant be that harmful for the success of a sitcom. TBBT has been very very good for the cast. "cha-ching"

 

'There's a line'. so proud of myself for realising what that meant . (Eventually )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chucky said:

cooooool

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry" This award show is becoming so tedious. In the Best Comedy category four of the same shows from last year were nominated again.  Still believe there should be two Emmy awards....one for cable tv and one for network tv since there is an overabundance of shows to watch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry"

Well I guess TBBT is just fun fluff. Nothing edgy. Really the only takeaway is to appreciate your friends.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry" This award show is becoming so tedious. In the Best Comedy category four of the same shows from last year were nominated again.  Still believe there should be two Emmy awards....one for cable tv and one for network tv since there is an overabundance of shows to watch.

I gave up on the show ever receiving another Emmy years ago.  Jim I think has 1 maybe 2. Will the show win another, I seriously doubt it.

14 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Well I guess TBBT is just fun fluff. Nothing edgy. Really the only takeaway is to appreciate your friends.

I give you 2 thumbs up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chucky said:

I gave up on the show ever receiving another Emmy years ago.  Jim I think has 1 maybe 2. Will the show win another, I seriously doubt it.

Jim has 4.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Animation and sound editing leave a lot to be desired, but the lyrics are pretty good:

 

 

Not my cup of tea. I hope you enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, Mario D. said:

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry" This award show is becoming so tedious. In the Best Comedy category four of the same shows from last year were nominated again.  Still believe there should be two Emmy awards....one for cable tv and one for network tv since there is an overabundance of shows to watch.

Thankfully they revised the nominations. “The Bow Tie Asymmetry” now has three nominations :)

http://m.emmys.com/shows/big-bang-theory

They deserve it (imo); let’s keep our fingers crossed 🤞

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 11:20 AM, Swedish Chef said:

My guess whould be that Sheldon is a germaphobe only when the writers want to. Poor writing if you ask me.

I agree that this is like his memory.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 3:27 AM, djsurrey said:

Sometimes I wish I was a fan so I could say stuff like that.

The word that always made me feel that way is "Whovian". Sounding like a time-traveling household appliance has a certain quirky panache, don't you think? 😄.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

The word that always made me feel that way is "Whovian". Sounding like a time-traveling household appliance has a certain quirky panache, don't you think? 😄.

Precisely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Kind of a random thought, but I'm surprised that they never even mentioned "Aeon Flux" on TBBT. Given that it was eventually made into a movie starring young Charlize Theron in a tight black outfit, that is at the very least something that early TBBT Howard would have been very familiar with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mislav said:

Kind of a random thought, but I'm surprised that they never even mentioned "Aeon Flux" on TBBT. Given that it was eventually made into a movie starring young Charlize Theron in a tight black outfit, that is at the very least something that early TBBT Howard would have been very familiar with.

Sleazy, creepy Howard with his wing man Raj! Yeah, totally agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.