[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Well it was the wedding of the year * insert one of Penny's almighty eyerolls here* . I still can't believe there's a whole episode dedicated to him picking a date. 

Too bad we never found out what haappened with that PR position Penny was considering. I could totally see our girl thrive in that kind of job. 

Oh well she's happy , she thinks their life is great and man , doesn't she look gorgeous in that season? The best she's looked since the start of the show IMO 

That episode about picking a wedding date was the most ridiculous episode in the whole series not in just season 11. It was so unnecessary when they could have so many better stories to tell. Speaking of the wedding I thought that Penny was more beautiful in the maid of honor dress than the bride........but everyone to their own.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

That episode about picking a wedding date was the most ridiculous episode in the whole series not in just season 11. It was so unnecessary when they could have so many better stories to tell. Speaking of the wedding I thought that Penny was more beautiful in the maid of honor dress than the bride........but everyone to their own.

It was beyond ridiculous ,  a total waste of time!! I don't remember much from the Shamy wedding apart from Mark Hamill and  that Penny was awesome as a maid of honour ( can't remember what she was wearing though!! ). Amy's dress was a disaster anyway, she looked ridiculous in my opinion , like a big pile of used tissues. 

Speaking of Penny Really?! Well I’ve got a figure of speech about how sexually promiscuous you can go be with yourself.  

This is my favourite Penny quote of the season ( along with " I married you , jackass 😆 that's the Penny I love and I was missing her ). 

The regular Penny slut-shaming is the thing that annoys me the most. They were able to not bring up  how much of a creep Howard was ( much worse , in my book, than a young woman enjoying her sexuality ), it would have been to extend the courtesy to Penny once she got engaged and then married. Rant over. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Polly said:

It was beyond ridiculous ,  a total waste of time!! I don't remember much from the Shamy wedding apart from Mark Hamill and  that Penny was awesome as a maid of honour ( can't remember what she was wearing though!! ). Amy's dress was a disaster anyway, she looked ridiculous in my opinion , like a big pile of used tissues. 

Speaking of Penny Really?! Well I’ve got a figure of speech about how sexually promiscuous you can go be with yourself.  

This is my favorite Penny quote of the season ( along with " I married you , jackass 😆 that's the Penny I love and I was missing her ). 

The regular Penny slut-shaming is the thing that annoys me the most. They were able to not bring up  how much of a creep Howard was ( much worse , in my book, than a young woman enjoying her sexuality ), it would have been to extend the courtesy to Penny once she got engaged and then married. Rant over. 

Agree on both Penny quotes and your opinion of Amy's wedding dress. The writers did take pleasure in their slut-slamming of Penny.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

You are so right!

Yep I agree too! She looked really beautiful ( I'm not being bad and that's the very biased Lenny lover in me speaking but I think Dr&Mrs Hofstadter looked better than the bride and groom ... I loved the moment they walked away and she put her arm around him, so cute 😍

Lenny were clearly in a supportig role this season (i feel like i barely saw Johnny G) but overall , i liked what i saw. 

Penny had some of the best lines , I really liked her this season. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Polly said:

Yep I agree too! She looked really beautiful ( I'm not being bad and that's the very biased Lenny lover in me speaking but I think Dr&Mrs Hofstadter looked better than the bride and groom ... I loved the moment they walked away and she put her arm around him, so cute 😍

Lenny were clearly in a supportig role this season (i feel like i barely saw Johnny G) but overall , i liked what i saw. 

Penny had some of the best lines , I really liked her this season. 

They can say what they want, but at least Lenny didn't have Kripke singing at either of their weddings.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Polly said:

This is my favourite Penny quote of the season ( along with " I married you , jackass 😆 that's the Penny I love and I was missing her ). 

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.  In the beginning the shameless remarks and innuendoe were maybe to get peoples attention for the show. However, after Penny and Leonard were engaged and then married these slutty remarks should have stopped or at the very least the writers should have had Leonard defend her. But no they had to keep up the sexual history jokes. For me, the worst line was Penny describing when she was about 17 being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther. So disgraceful it bordered on censor violation.

• Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.  In the beginning the shameless remarks and innuendoe were maybe to get peoples attention for the show. However, after Penny and Leonard were engaged and then married these slutty remarks should have stopped or at the very least the writers should have had Leonard defend her. But no they had to keep up the sexual history jokes. For me, the worst line was Penny describing when she was about 17 being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther. So disgraceful it bordered on censor violation.

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Tasteless , crass and very disturbing to be honest. I can't believe they even thought this would be funny. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Tasteless , crass and very disturbing to be honest. I can't believe they even thought this would be funny. 

Absolutely not funny and completely unnecessary. It hit home for me as I have two daughters and two granddaughters and hopefully will be smarter and  not have to deal with this type of situation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Absolutely not funny and completely unnecessary. It hit home for me as I have two daughters and two granddaughters and hopefully will be smarter and  not have to deal with this type of situation

So true! I have 4 daughters and a granddaughter and I have the same hopes for them!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 5:10 AM, Mario D. said:

Speaking of the wedding I thought that Penny was more beautiful in the maid of honor dress than the bride........but everyone to their own.

I actually thought that the first dress that Amy tried on was the best one. You only saw 3.

On 2/16/2021 at 5:10 AM, Mario D. said:

I have to 100 % agree with your post. That date planning episode was needless and ridiculous. Season 11 was a waste as it was all about the Shamy wedding planning. They didn't spend that much time with the Lenny weddings or Howardette's wedding.

4 hours ago, TLW said:

I actually thought that the first dress that Amy tried on was the best one. You only saw 3.

To be honest the one she chose was all Amy. Bernadette or Penny would ever choose that dress or even try it on. We didn't see them trying on dresses.

22 minutes ago, chucky said:

To be honest the one she chose was all Amy. Bernadette or Penny would ever choose that dress or even try it on. We didn't see them trying on dresses.

It's what she liked and Sheldon liked it also.

3 hours ago, TLW said:

It's what she liked and Sheldon liked it also.

Yeah in the end it's all that matters. I still think they went too far  just for the laughs.they could have picked something that was Amy's style without making her look ridiculous ( just my opinion). Nevermind the swans, she looked like a pile of toilet roll to me . 

But hey this is the Lenny thread and let's not get off topic 😋 Just watched " Higg's Boson" at lunchtime. I like a jealous Penny " Well a lot of people can't"

Edited by NeckShotLime
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

A bunch of posts moved to the season 11 discussion thread.  Discussion of the Shamy wedding does not belong in the Lenny Wish thread.  chucky, you know better.  

Sorry, I didn't think before posting.

On 6/16/2017 at 9:30 AM, Swedish Chef said:

I'm expecting season 11 to be one giant Shamy love fest, nothing wrong with that, just a little bit boring when you have another five characters with nothing else to do than supporting Shamy. 

You were so right about Season 11 being the Shamy lovefest and it being boring!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Sorry, I didn't think before posting.

You were so right about Season 11 being the Shamy lovefest and it being boring!

Yeah it felt a bit like a Shamy fanfic lol season 10 was even worse for that. 

Also i had a hard time believing Penny's realisation that Amy was her best friend. I wasn't really convinced. I would have found it more believable if we had seen more closeness and hearfelt moments between the two of them. Friendly banter and snark we have seen but that's all 

Edited by NeckShotLime

24 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

Also i had a hard time believing Penny's realisation that Amy was her best friend. I wasn't really convinced. I would have found it more believable if we had seen more closeness and hearfelt moments between the two of them. Friendly banter and snark we have seen but that's all 

A lot of things on TBBT would have benefited from more onscreen development but that's not realistic for a 22-23 minute program. Friendly banter and snark are the multi-vitamins of the sitcom world. Let's face it; Chuck Lorre doesn't develop shows that are meant to be touching, insightful, or socially relevant to our everyday lives. He takes the path of least resistance to what he thinks will get laughs.

Ideally, as she's married to Leonard it would be nice if he were her best friend. If he's not holding that spot then it seems to fall to Amy. We all know that under her bubbly, squeaky persona there is a mean edge to Bernadette. She's a lot like Raj and would stab a friend in the back if she thought it would benefit her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HeWolf said:

A lot of things on TBBT would have benefited from more onscreen development but that's not realistic for a 22-23 minute program. Friendly banter and snark are the multi-vitamins of the sitcom world. Let's face it; Chuck Lorre doesn't develop shows that are meant to be touching, insightful, or socially relevant to our everyday lives. He takes the path of least resistance to what he thinks will get laughs.

Ideally, as she's married to Leonard it would be nice if he were her best friend. If he's not holding that spot then it seems to fall to Amy. We all know that under her bubbly, squeaky persona there is a mean edge to Bernadette. She's a lot like Raj and would stab a friend in the back if she thought it would benefit her.

I'll just have to tell myself that those heartfelt moments happened off-screen , that's where the characters  had their best stories at times. 

I had never thought about Bernie like that but now that you've mentionned it, it sounds like something she could do. 

Edited by NeckShotLime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeckShotLime said:

Having Penny say that Amy is her best friend didn't bother me  so much as she knew in her heart that Leonard is her best friend for life. What did bother me was that every damn episode was about the Shamy wedding and Penny & Leonard became "advisors" to everyone who had a problem. Where was their story?

41 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Having Penny say that Amy is her best friend didn't bother me  so much as she knew in her heart that Leonard is her best friend for life. What did bother me was that every damn episode was about the Shamy wedding and Penny & Leonard became "advisors" to everyone who had a problem. Where was their story?

it didn't bother me that much either , it just felt a bit forced to me. 

Bold part: I choose to see that as a testament to who L/P are as individuals and as a couple. Leonard's always been the most sensible one amongst the guys ( not that he had much competition, mind you LOL ) and Penny can be very perceptive and offer sage advice. To me it makes a lot of sense their friends would turn to them, they're the most mature adults in the group. 

Of course I would have loved to see more of them and see them get meatier plots, Penny especially but clearly the writers had other ideas. Penny , the female lead character and for a very long time, most popular character after Sheldon, wasn't treated as such in the later seasons, it's baffling. 

Edited by NeckShotLime
  • Like 2