Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 11 Ratings Archive.

Season Eleven Ratings Archive

This will be the archive for the Season 11 ratings posts.  There will be a post for almost each week in the season.  This will be the index page.  It will list each of the archive posts, along with the date of each of the archive posts.  Each index with also function as a link to the appropriate week.

1. Week One and Two, Weeks of 25 Sept. and 02 Oct, 2017
  2. Week Three, Week of 09 October, 2017
  3. Week Four, Week of 16 October, 2017
  4. Week Five, Week of 23 October, 2017
  5. Week Six, Week of 30 October, 2017
  6. Week Seven, Week of 06 November, 2017

Week 01 and 02; Weeks of 25 September and 02 October, 2017

Normally I do one week at a time, but due to some circumstances (Mostly Hurricane Irma), I didn't post the usual items I post during the first week.  As a result, I've combined weeks one and two and will do the normal posts starting in week three.  

Expected Daily Posts, Week 01, Week of 25 September, 2017

As the season starts tomorrow (actually the first shows of the new season were tonight), this is the first post in the Season 11 ratings thread.  Similar to the last couple of years, here are the plans for the ratings, while TBBT is on Monday:

I hope to have the Live + 3 and the Live + 7 on Mondays.  However, last year, due to some consolidation of online television sites, I lost the Live + 3 and Live + 7 at times.    I'm hoping to get those all the time this year.  While they will be dated for Mondays, they may get updated over the weekend. 

Tuesday will have the the Live + Same Day ratings.  This includes the overnights, including households, demo, and viewers, along with the final daily ratings for TBBT.  Households is usually out around 9:30-10 AM EST.  The overnight demo and viewers is usually out around 11:30 AM EST.  The final daily ratings are usually out around 4:30-5:30 PM EST.   I've been looking around, hoping to get some more breakouts, but it isn't easy.

Wednesday will have the top ten programs for the previous week for demo and viewers.  Also, around noon, although it may go up earlier.  This is really put out on Tuesday, but with the overnights and finals, I may not get to it until Wednesday.   

Thursday will have the syndication ratings for two weeks previous. Again, around noon.  This is similar to the the top ten from the previous week. It actually comes out on Wednesday, and if I'm not occupied, It'll go up then, but I'm not going to claim it will be up on Wednesday.

Friday will usually be an off day, but I will occasionally write a post on some kind of ratings information. 

Other members, if they have the data, have provided the ratings for other countries.  In the past members have provided ratings from Canada, Germany, and The United Kingdom.   

Once TBBT moves to Thursday, the week of 31 October, the order changes a bit.   The post for the top ten programs for the previous week moves to Tuesday.  The syndication post moves to Wednesday, and the overnight and final ratings posts, for TBBT, move to Friday.   Thursday becomes the day where an informational post will go.   

While the date and times listed above are the usual times I get the ratings, holidays, and various other things sometimes delay the information.   If it will be delayed (or even not available), I usually try to let everyone know with a post.  

I usually have tried, for the last several years,  to start this thread a week or two before the season.   I do that so I can put up a post on what exactly those terms (Live + SD, Live + 7, demo, etc) mean, and how the ratings are gathered, so new members, or those who don't know those terms, will be able to follow along.  

I'll also normally have a post on how TBBT did last year (I did one at the end of the year, but I'll put a shortened version here), compared to 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-2017 along with how it did compared to other shows last year.   There will also be some information on how TBBT repeats did last year (hint, the repeat ratings were higher than the average of all the first run shows).  

Unfortunately, this year brought Hurricane Irma and has thrown my schedule off a bit.  I will get to the those post I mentioned later this month and the beginning of October.   I apologize for the delay.

Also, sometime toward the last week of September, to the first couple of weeks of October, , I usually get an estimate of the ad rates for the coming year and I have done a post comparing the previous years and the ten shows with the highest ad rates.  Fortunately, those aren't out yet, so I'm not behind. 

If there are any questions, feel free to ask, in the thread, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Tensor

Week 01 Early Household Ratings; 26 September, 2017

Shows indicated with an asterisk (*) are repeat.  

TBBT  ran season 11 Premiere  last night. At 8 PM 11.01 The Proposal Proposal.  It had a 11.4 Household Rating, with a 18 share.  The HH rating was up 0.8 , from last years Premiere and almost matched season 9's premiere of 11.6. The 18 share was up a point over the last two season's, both at 17.   

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 11.4.   In second was Young Sheldon, with a 10.7  Household rating.  This was up 2.7 points in Households from last year's number two show.   In third, was  The Good Doctor (a new series) with a 7.5, down a tenth, in Households, from last year's third place show.

In share, TBBT led with a 18 share.  In second was Young Sheldon with a 17, and in third was The Good Doctor, with a 12

One note, The Voice came in with a 6.4/6.6 in it's first hour agains TBBT and YS.  In it's second hour, it went to 7.5/7.5

Week 01 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 26 September, 2017

CBS ran the premiere of TBBT 11.01 The Proposal Proposal.  It pulled in a 3.9 demo, with a 13 share and 16.97 million viewers.  This was up, from last years premiere overnight numbers, by three tenths ( 3.6 last year), an increase of 10% and up 1.5 million from last years viewers (15.44 million) an increase of 10%.  We'll see where it goes in the finals.  The show was up from last years finale, 1.2 in demo, almost four million in viewers.    

TBBT was number one in demo with that 3.9.   In second was Young Sheldon with a 3.7.  In third was The Voice with a 2.6    For viewers, TBBT was first with the 16.97 million viewers.  In  second was Young Sheldon with 16.57  million viewers.  And in third was the new series The Good Doctor, with 11.82 million viewers. 

In the 18-34 demo, TBBT was in first  with a 2.1,  In second was Young Sheldon at 1.9, and in third was ABC's new show, The Good Doctor, with a 1.8.    In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 5.6 demo. In second,  was Young Sheldon with a 5.3, and in third was Kevin Can Wait,  with a 3.3.   

I should point The Voice's only appears once in the top three, as it's demos (in all categories) are an average of it's two hours.   In the 18-49 demo, it had a 2.3 during it first hour, while going head to head with TBBT and Young Sheldon and a 2.8 in it's second hour.   In the 18-34 demo, The Voice had a 1.6 in it's first hour and a 1.9 in it's second.   In the 25-54 demo, it had a 2.9 in it's first hour and a 3.5 in it's second.  So TBBT and Young Sheldon had an effect on the numbers for The Voice.  One problem, even if you don't count TBBT's effect on The Voice, it was down about three tenths in 18-34, five tenths in 18-49, and down a full point in 25-54.

The finals will be up later, when I get them. 

Tensor

Week 01 Final Ratings For Tuesday, September 26, 2017.  For broadcasts, 25 September, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.01, The Proposal Proposal, brought in a 4.1, with 17.65 million people, up two tenths  in demo and up (680,000) viewers from the overnights. This was up three tenths in demo and up 1.83 million viewers, from last years premiere.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 4.1.  In second was Young Sheldon with a 3.8, up a tenth with the overnights.  In third was The Voice, with a 2.6, even with the overnights.  

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 17.65 million viewers. Young Sheldon was second with 17.21 million, up 640,000 from the overnights.  The Good Doctor was in third at 11.22 million viewers, down 600,000 from the overnights.  The drop for The Good Doctor was due to local station televising the local team for Thursday Night Football. 

Last night TBBT was the first show since last season's premiere of Empire to have a demo higher than a 4.0 and it is the first time since November of 2015 that TBBT has been over a 4.0.   This was an outstanding premier for Young Sheldon as it was up 1.2 demo points from last year's Kevin Can Wait premiere.  

Tensor

Ratings Explanations and Terms; Week 02, week of 02 October, 2017

I usually put this up before the first week of the season, but due to circumstances beyond my control(namely Hurricane Irma) I didn't get to it.  So before I put up week 2, I want to get this out there.

The Nielsen company has, historically, gathers data in several ways, from a couple of different electronic boxes that are attached to the television directly or to the set top box, or DVR.   Nielsen has, in the past, also used the old fashioned diary method for various reasons.    Either to validate their statistical mode, or to compare them to the set top boxes (both regular and People Meters), so they can verify that their calculations on the boxes is correct, as the more data you have, the more accurate your results will be.  Also, Nielsen used the diaries  to gather further demographic data to assist advertisers in targeting specific ages, genders, incomes, eductions, etc).  This will be phased out through the 2017-2018 season.   By mid season, Nielsen will have all local areas covered by their electronic boxes and the diaries will be used to verify numbers through the end of the year, and they be phased out.  

As for the boxes, there are some boxes that just record the channel that is being watched and used to get some quick data.   These are also, what are called  “People Meters”.   Homes that have People Meters, have individuals enter their specific ID (which is tied to their age and gender) and these meters track what those people are watching, even if they are just channel surfing. In the case of DVRs, it measures what has been recorded and watched up to thirty days after it was on.

People with their ID number sign in and out of the people meters, each time they start or stop watching TV. In the case of multiple people watching the same TV, the ID allows the meter to track how many and when people are watching. The meter can track someone who turns the TV on, and if another person signs in, shows two people watching the same program. If the original person leaves by signing out, it will still be tracking what the other person is now watching.

Usually, each August, Nielsen estimates the number of households in the US that have televisions to use during the season. The current number of households, from August of 2017, is 119.600,000  with 304.5 million viewers, age 2 and older.  This is up by 800,000 households and 3.5 million viewers from 2016-2017.  Note, this is not how many households are tracked by Nielsen, but is the estimated total number, so the various breakdowns can be extrapolated, statistically, to the total number of households and viewers, along with the various breakdowns.

Here are the various terms I usually use in the ratings articles. 

Overnights (or Fast Nationals):  Are the preliminary ratings based on 56 metropolitan areas and is based on the Live + Same Day ratings.   Overnights are based on what was scheduled in a specific time.  TBBT starts the season on Monday's, at 8 PM.  So, in overnights, it is assumed that a box tuned to CBS at 8 PM on Monday, is watching TBBT.   The household numbers are usually released around 9-9:30 AM EST the next morning, with the full demographics numbers around 11-11:30 AM EST.  

Final Ratings: are the Overnight ratings, including adjustments for various reasons.  For example, lets say a Chicago station has a special news bulletin for damage by a tornado in the Chicago area, or what happens a lot in the fall, a local football team is playing, the number of people watching the CBS station in Chicago would be deducted from the overnight ratings.  Final ratings also include adjustments made when actual numbers (those are originally estimated based on the metropolitan areas) outside the 56 Metropolitan areas are reported.    Also as CBS typically runs TBBT until 8:31, so they can charge TBBT ad rate.  For instance, TBBT brings in an average of 285k per 30 second spot.  Young Sheldon brings in an average of 180k per 30 second spot.   By running TBBT until 8:31, so they can charge TBBT rate for that minute.    That extra minute can add a one or two tenth increase.  Final ratings are released in the late afternoon of the next day.

Live + Same Day (SD): The number of households (and viewers) that watched a program, including DVR viewing until 3 a.m. locally, the next day. At 3 a.m., the data is automatically sent to Nielsen from the box.  

Live + 3: The number of households (and viewers) that watch a program up to three days after the program airs. Again, there is a 3 a.m. cutoff.  The Live + 3 became widely available last year.  Prior to that, the Live + 3 was used by networks to promote a show's  unusual increase.   These are usually released the week after the broadcast week, usually over the weekend.  

Live + 7: The number of households (and viewers) that watch a program up to seven days after the program airs. With the 3AM cutoff.  Live + 7 comes out on the Monday three weeks after the week the show was broadcast.

Currently  a rating called C3 is used to set advertising rates.  The difference between C3 and Live + 3 is the number of people watching the show, up to three days after the it airs.  The C3 is the number of people who watch the the show AND THE COMMERCIALS.   It has been shown that the C3 closely tracks the Live + SD (note, not the Live + 3).  

Ratings Point: The percentage of TV households out of all TV households, or percentage of a particular total or demo that are watching a particular program.

Ratings Share: The percentage of households (or a particular total or demo), WHO HAVE THEIR TV ON, out of all households (or a particular total or demo) that are watching a particular program.

Note that a Ratings point is one percent of the total households with a TV. Ratings Share point is one percent of the total households with a TV ON. For a simplified example, lets say the total number of TVs is 100 and there are 50 of them on. If 10 TVs are tuned to a specific program, the ratings point would be 10 (10 is 10% of 100). The ratings share would be 20 (10 is 20% of 50).

Total Viewers: The total number of people watching a particular program. More than one person could be viewing a program in one house, say a family of four.

Demo: This is the various breakouts of the Ratings points and shares.  Age, gender, education level, race, etc. are all different demos.   Most of the publicly available breakouts are based on age.   In general, (I say this as I myself, am an exception to these generalizations) those people over 50 watch the most broadcast TV.   The demo of 18-49 is, currently, what is used in ratings, as this group watches less than those over 50, so advertisers want to advertise on those show that have more of those viewers.   The demo of 18-34 watch the least amount of broadcast TV, so shows that have this demo are really looked at closely by advertisers.    Unless otherwise specified, the term demo, when used in these posts, means the 18-49 demo.

Tensor

News and Notes for Week 02, Week of 02 October, 2017

I want to make a few announcements in how I will be reporting the ratings this year and some upcoming posts.  

First, I will be making a change in what I report on.  Starting this year, I will be removing all sports from the ratings, except for a mention when a particular event is either higher or lower than normal.     Both in terms of ad rates, and in terms of number of ratings points and viewers, series TV can't compete with the various sports, especially football.   So, I will remove all sports from the overnights, finals, weekly rankings and Live + 3 and Live + 7 to make the comparisons to other scripted shows more correct.   I may mention a particular sporting event, in a particular post,  if it's higher or lower than normal, but overall, and for the most part, I won't be mentioning any sports.

Second, I have the ad rate data for this year.  TBBT is in sixth place this year, at 285k per thirty second spot.  This is down four thousand from last year, a drop of only 1%.   The top three are football (Sunday night, and both Thursday night).  I'll have the full post up later this week, I just wanted to let everyone know now. 

Finally, I'll be doing my usual brief recap on last year, so we can see how this year is doing.

Week 02 Early Household Ratings; 03 October, 2017

TBBT  ran a new show  last night.   At 8 PM 11.02 The Retraction Reaction, had a 9.2 Household Rating, with a 11 share.  The HH rating was, as expected, down from the premiere last week by 2.2 ratings points, while the share dropped three points.  

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 9.2.   In second was The Good Doctor, with a 7.1  Household rating.  This was down 3.6 points from last weeks number two show, and down four tenths from it's ratings last week.    In third, was  The Voice, also with a 7.1, down five tenths from last weeks number three, but up two tenths from it's rating last week.

In share, TBBT led with a 15 share.  In second was The Good Doctor, with a 12, down five tenths from last weeks second place show (it was even with itself), and in third was The Voice, with an 11 share.  While this is down one from last weeks third place show,  The Voice, itself, was up two tenths.  

A couple of notes,  Speaking of which, 9JKL  had a  5.3 household with an 8 share.  This was down from the 10.7 and 17 share of Young Sheldon the previous week.  While TBBT was also higher, look at it this way.  Young Sheldon retained 90% of TBBT's audience last week, while 9JKL retained only 57% of TBBT's audience this week.   Most The Voice's increase from last week had to do with it's increase during it's second half hour, when it was up against 9JKL and not Young Sheldon.

Week 02 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 03 October, 2017

CBS ran a new episode of TBBT 11.02 The Retraction Reaction.  It pulled in a 3.0 demo, with a 11 share and 13.66 16.97 million viewers.  This was down 0.9 demo points, 2 in share and 3.31 million viewers from last weeks premiere.      

TBBT was number one in demo with that 3.0.   In second was The Voice with a 2.5.  In third was The Good Doctor with a 2.4    For viewers, TBBT was first with the 13.66 million viewers.  In  second was The Good Doctor with 11.49  million viewers.  And in third was The Voice, with 10.79 million viewers. 

In the 18-34 demo, The Good Doctor was in first  with a 1.7,  There was tie for second between TBBT and The Good Doctor, with a 1.6.    In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 4.3 demo. In second,  was The Voice with a 3.3, and in third was The Good Doctor,  with a 2.9.   

The finals will be up later, when I get them. 

Tensor

Week 02 Final Ratings For Tuesday, 03 October, 2017.  For broadcasts, 02 October, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.02, The Retraction Reaction, brought in a 3.2 , with a 12 share and 14.06 million people,  up two tenths  in demo, up a tenth in share,  and up 400,000 viewers from the overnights. This was down nine tenths in demo, down three tenths in share, and down 3.59 million viewers, from last weeks premiere.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 3.2.  In second was The Voice with a 2.6, up a tenth with the overnights, but down a 1.2 from last week's number two show.  In third was The The Good Doctor, with a 2.2, down two tenths from  the overnights, and down four tenths from last week's number three.  

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 14.06 million viewers. The Voice was second with 11.04 million, down 450,000 from the number two overnight show and down 7.17 million from last week's number two show.  The Good Doctor was in third at 10.93 million viewers, up 140,000 from the third place show in overnights, and down 290,000 from last week's number three.  

I should point out that that the differences between second and third for the overnights are due to The Voice being up from it's overnights, by 250,000 and The Good Doctor being down by 560,000.  The Good Doctor dropped from it's overnight viewers (and demo was down 0.2)  due to local station televising the local team for Monday Night Football.   Remember, the overnights assume a television tuned into a local network station is watching the network show at that time.  In this case, the local station was broadcasting something different, the local football team.  

Tensor

Week 02 Weekly Rankings; Week of 02 October, 2017

Ratings based on Week One numbers, week  25 Sept - 01 Oct 2017.   

At 8:00 PM Monday,  CBS ran the episode, 11.01 The Proposal Proposal.   

The top ten in demo follows.  As I mentioned, I will be removing all sports related shows from the lists, and just mention something if it seems pertinent to me.  

Repeats are designated by a "R", Specials or Special date and Times are designated by a "S", "P "indicates series Premiere, and "F" indicates a season or series Final.   

Show                                                                         18-49 Demo                     18-49 Demo Viewers

1. TBBT                                                 (P)                     4.1                                         5,272,000
  2. This is Us                                          (P)                     3.9                                         5,033,000
  3. Young Sheldon                                (P)                     3.8                                         4,928,000
  4. Will and Grace                                  (P)                    3.0                                         3,862,000
  5. The Voice                                       (Tue)                    2.7                                         3,472,000
  6. The Voice                                       (Mon)(P)              2.6                                         3,389,000
  7. Empire                                                (P)                    2.4                                         3,133,000
  8. Grey's Anatomy                                 (P)                    2.3                                         3,019,000
  9. Kevin Can Wait                                   (P)                    2.3                                         3,011,000
  10. The Good Doctor                               (P)                    2.2                                         2,823,000

The top 10 in viewers:

Show                                                                                       Total Viewers

1. TBBT                                                            (P)                  17,657,000
  2. Young Sheldon                                           (P)                  17,215,000   
  3. NCIS                                                              (P)                  13,291,000
  4. This is Us                                                      (P)                  12,938,000
  5. 60 Minutes                                                                          12,459,000
  6. The Good Doctor                                         (P)                  11,352,000
  7. The Voice                                       (Tue)                             10,934,000
  8. The Voice                                       (Mon)      (P)                  10,570,000
  9. Kevin Can Wait                                              (P)                   10,263,000
  10. The Good Doctor                                          (P)                   10,195,000

Well, here is one of those mentions of sports, that aren't on the list.  TBBT (and Young Sheldon for that matter) had more viewers than Sunday Night Football.   TBBT typically gets more viewers than SNF, but only after adding the Live + 3 and Live + 7 results.  To do it for Live + SD, it a pretty rare feat.   Of course, in Demo, SNF easily beat TBBT, 5.8 to 4.1.  

Tensor

Week 02, Syndicated ratings, Week of 02, October, 2017

Syndicated ratings will start appearing next week.  There is a two week delay in getting these numbers 

Week Two Live + 3, Week of 02 October, 2017

Based on week one numbers (September 25-October 01, 2017).

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.01 "The Proposal Proposal" on Monday at 8 PM.

Premieres are designated with a "P".   

Demo

Show                                                  Live + 3 lift                                            Show                                        Live + 3 Total     

1. This is Us                       (P)                    1.8                                                    This is Us                        (P)                     5.7                       
  2. The Good Doctor         (P)                    1.6                                                     TBBT                               (P)                     5.5
  3. Will and Grace              (P)                    1.5                                                     Young Sheldon             (P)                     5.2
  4. TBBT                               (P)                    1.4                                                     Will and Grace              (P)                     4.6
  5. Young Sheldon             (P)                     1.4                                                    The Good Doctor         (P)                      3.7
  6. Grey's Anatomy            (P)                     1.2                                                    Grey's Anatomy            (P)                     3.5
  7. Modern Family              (P)                     3.5                                                    The Voice                 (Mon)  (P)               3.3
  8. Chicago Fire                   (P)                     3.5                                                     Modern Family              (P)                    3.2
  9. Criminal Minds              (P)                     1.4                                                     Empire                            (P)                     3.2
  10. Empire                            (P)                      0.8                                                    The Voice                 (Tues)                      3.1

Viewers

Show                                          Live + 3 lift (000)                                                Show                                         Live + 3 Total  (000)     

1. The Good Doctor         (P)                    5.52                                                     TBBT                               (P)                    22.02                  
  2. This is Us                       (P)                    4.85                                                     Young Sheldon             (P)                     21.50
  3. Will and Grace              (P)                    4.60                                                     This is Us                        (P)                    17.79
  4. TBBT                               (P)                    4.37                                                     The Good Doctor          (P)                    16.87
  5. Young Sheldon             (P)                    4.28                                                      NCIS                                (P)                    16.30
  6. Blue Bloods                   (P)                    3.87                                                      Will and Grace              (P)                     14.79
  7. Chicago Fire                   (P)                    3.49                                                      Blue Bloods                   (P)                    13.91 
  8. SEAL Team                     (P)                     3.29                                                    SEAL Team                      (P)                    13.16
  9. Criminal Minds              (P)                     3.25                                                     Bull                                  (P)                    12.99
  10. Grey's Anatomy             (P)                     3.07                                                     60 Minutes                     (P)                    12.79

Here's one one of those sports comments.  After three days, DVR totals for Sunday Night Football 16.80 million viewers.

Tensor

Return to Index

Week 03; Week of 09 October, 2017

Week 03 Early Household Ratings; 10 October, 2017

TBBT  ran a new episode  last night.   At 8 PM 11.03 The Relaxation Integration , had a 8.6  Household Rating, with a 14 share.  The HH rating was, down from  last week by 0.6 ratings points, while the share increased three points.  

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 8.6.   In second was The Good Doctor, with a 7.2  Household rating.  This was up a tenth of a  point from last weeks number two show.    In third, was  The Voice, with a 7.1, even from last weeks number three.

In share, TBBT led with a 14 share.  In second was The Good Doctor, with a 12, even from last weeks second place show and in third was The Voice, with an 11 share, again even with last week.  

Tensor

Week 03 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 10 October, 2017

CBS ran a new episode of TBBT 11.03 The Relaxation Integration.  It pulled in a 2.8 3.0 demo, with a 11 share and 13.66 13.05 million viewers.  This was down 0.2 demo points, even in share and down 610,000 viewers from last weeks show.      

TBBT was number one in demo with that 2.8.   In second was The Voice with a 2.4, down a tenth from last week.  In third was The Good Doctor with a 1.9. down 0.5 points from last week.      For viewers, TBBT was first with the 13.05 million viewers.  In  second was The Voice with 10.76 million viewers, down 750,000 viewers from last week's number two show.  And in third was The Good Doctor, with 10.59 million viewers, down 200,000 viewers from last week's third place show. 

In the 18-34 demo, TBBT and The Voice  were tied for  first  with a 1.4,  down four tenths from last week's first place show.  In third was The Good Doctor, with a 1.2, also down four tenths from last weeks third place show.    In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 4.1 demo, down two tenths from last week. In second,  was The Voice with a 3.2, down a tenth from last week, and in third was The Good Doctor,  with a 2.6, down three tenths from last week.   

Tensor

Week 03 Final Ratings For Tuesday, 10 October, 2017.  For broadcasts, 09 October, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.03, The Relaxation Integration, brought in a 3.2 2.9 , with a 12 11 share and 13.13 14.06 million people.  This was up one tenth in demo, even in share,  and up 60,000 viewers from the overnights.    This was down three tenths in demo, even in share, and down 930,000  viewers from last weeks show.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 2.9.  In second was The Voice with a 2.0, even with the overnights, but down two tenths from last week's number two show.  In third was The The Good Doctor, with a 2.2, up a tenth from  the overnights, but down two tenths from last week's number three.  

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 13.13 million viewers. The Voice was second with 10.91 million, up 150,000 from the overnights but down 130,000 from last week's number two show.  The Good Doctor was in third at 10.69 up 100,000 viewers from the overnights, but down 240,000 from last weeks third place show.  

Tensor

Week 03 Weekly Rankings; Week of 09 October, 2017

Ratings based on Week two numbers, week 02-08 Oct 2017.   

At 8:00 PM Monday,  CBS ran the episode, 11.02 The Retraction Reaction.   

The top ten in demo follows.  As I mentioned, I will be removing all sports related shows from the lists, and just mention something if it seems pertinent to me.  

Repeats are designated by a "R", Specials or Special date and Times are designated by a "S", "P "indicates series Premiere, and "F" indicates a season or series Final.   

Show                                                                         18-49 Demo                     18-49 Demo Viewers

1. This is Us                                                                  3.1                                          4,058,000
  2. TBBT                                                                          3.1                                          4,056,000
  3. The Voice                                       (Mon)                 2.6                                          3,290,000
  4. The Voice                                       (Tue)                   2.3                                          2,954,000
  5. The Good Doctor                                                      2.2                                         2,848,000
  6. The Simpsons                                                            2.2                                         2,775,000
  7. Grey's Anatomy                                                         2.1                                         2,734,000
  8. Will and Grace                                                            2.0                                         2,594,000
  9. Empire                                                                         1.9                                         2,505,000
  10. Modern Family                                                           1.9                                         2,394,000

The top 10 in viewers:

Show                                                                                       Total Viewers

1. TBBT                                                                                   14,004,000
  2. NCIS                                                                                    13,506,000  
  3. This is Us                                                                            11,062,000
  4. The Voice                                                        (Mon)         11,044,000
  5. The Good Doctor                                                              10,844,000
  6. Bull                                                                                      10,788,000
  7. The Voice                                                         (Tue)           10,419,000
  8. 60 Minutes                                                                          10,243,000
  9. Blue Bloods                                                                            9,485,000
  10. NCIS:NO                                                                                  9,234,000

Tensor

Week 03, Syndicated ratings, Week of 09 October, 2017

Based on week one numbers ,  25 Sept - 01 Oct, 2017

Top Ten in Households:    

Show                                           Household Rating

1. Judge Judy                                               6.9     
  2. Family Feud                                            6.0
  3. Jeopardy                                                  5.8
  4. Wheel of Fortune                                   5.7   
  5. TBBT                                                         4.7    
  6. Law and Order:SVU                                3.6
  7. Dr Phil                                                       3.4
  8. TBBT                            Weekend             3.1
  9. Entertainment Tonight                           3.1 
  10. Inside Edition                                           2.9

Top ten in 25-54 Women:

Show                                             25-54 Women Rating

1. TBBT                                                          2.9     
  2. Judge Judy                                                 2.7
  3. Family Feud                                              2.5
  4. Law and Order:SVU                                 2.0
  5. Wheel of Fortune                                     1.9
  6. TBBT                            Weekend              1.8
  7. Modern Family                                          1.7
  8. Jeopardy                                                     1.7
  9. Entertainment Tonight                            1.4
  10. Dr Phil                                                         1.4

I've gotten the question as to why the 25-54 rating.   For daytime shows, the women 25-54 is the more important ratings.  As you can see, TBBT still does rather well with this demo.   There is a also a show called Weekend Adventure.  It is a group of nature programs broadcast during the day on weekends for kids.  I've pulled it as it is not late Afternoon/early evening programming.  

Tensor

Week Three Live + 3, Week of 09 October, 2017

Based on week two numbers (October 02-08, 2017).

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.02 "The Retraction Reaction" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

Show                                                  Live + 3 lift                                            Show                                        Live + 3 Total     

1. This is Us                                               1.8                                                     This is Us                                                 4.8                       
  2. The Good Doctor                                  1.6                                                     TBBT                                                        4.4
  3. Will and Grace                                       1.5                                                     The Good Doctor                                   3.7
  4. TBBT                                                        1.4                                                     Will and Grace                                        3.3
  5. Grey's Anatomy                                     1.2                                                     Grey's Anatomy                                      3.3
  6. Modern Family                                       0.9                                                     The Voice                 (Mon)                      3.1
  7. The Gifted                                 (P)          0.8                                                     Modern Family                                        2.8
  8. Chicago Fire                                             0.8                                                     Empire                                                      2.7
  9. Criminal Minds                                        0.8                                                     The Voice                 (Tues)                      2.7
  10. Empire                                                       0.8                                                     The Gifted                                                2.3

Viewers

Show                                          Live + 3 lift (000)                                                Show                                         Live + 3 Total  (000)     

1. The Good Doctor                                  5.17                                                     TBBT                                                        17.86                  
  2. This is Us                                                4.39                                                     NCIS                                                         16.35
  3. TBBT                                                        3.82                                                     The Good Doctor                                   16.08
  4. Blue Bloods                                            3.47                                                      This is Us                                                 16.46
  5. Will and Grace                                        3.33                                                      Bull                                                           13.49
  6. Chicago Fire                                            3.29                                                      Blue Bloods                                             12.96
  7. Criminal Minds                                       3.04                                                      The Voice                    (Mon)                   12.89
  8. Grey's Anatomy                                      2.86                                                      The Voice                     (Tue)                    11.91
  9. NCIS                                                          2.85                                                      NCIS:NO                                                    11.81
  10. Bull                                                            2.70                                                     Hawaii Five-0                                             10.97

Tensor

Return to Index

Week 04; Week of 16 October, 2017

Week 04 Early Household Ratings; 17 October, 2017

TBBT  ran a new episode  last night.   At 8 PM 11.04 The Explosion Implosion , had a 8.6  Household Rating, with a 14 share.  The HH rating and share were, even from last week.  

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 8.6.   In second was The Good Doctor, with a 6.8  Household rating.  This was down four tenths of a  point from last weeks number two show.    In third, was  The Voice, with a 6.6, down five tenths from last weeks number three.

In share, TBBT led with a 14 share.  In second was The Good Doctor, with a 12, even from last weeks second place show and in third was a tie between The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.  Both had a 10 share, down a tenth from last week.     Overall, TBBT held it's household numbers from last week, while most everything else went down. (Both of the other top three shows, lost three to five tenths of a point off the household rating).  

Tensor

Week 04 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 17 October, 2017

CBS ran a new episode of TBBT 11.04 The Explosion Implosion.  It pulled in a 2.7 demo, with a 11 share and 12.62 million viewers.  This was down 0.1 demo points, even in share and down 430,000 viewers from last weeks show.      

TBBT was number one in demo with that 2.7.   In second was The Voice with a 2.3, down a tenth from last week.  In third was The Good Doctor with a 2.1. up two tenths from last week.      For viewers, TBBT was first with the 12.62 million viewers.  In  second was  The Good Doctor, with 10.90 this was up 140,000 viewers from last week's number two show and the show itself was up 310,000 viewers from it's viewer rating last week.  In third was  The Voice with10.10 million viewers, down 490,000 viewers from last week's number three show, and down 660,000 viewers from it's viewers last week.  

In the 18-34 demo, TBBT, The Good Doctor, and The Voice  were all tied for  first  with a 1.4,  even with last weeks third place show.     In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 3.9 demo, down two tenths from last week. In second,  was The Voice with a 3.1, down a tenth from last week, and in third was The Good Doctor,  with a 2.6, even with last week.   

Tensor

Week 04 Final Ratings For Tuesday, 17 October, 2017.  For broadcasts, 16 October, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.03, The Explosion Implosion, brought in a 2.8 , with a 11 share and 13.07 million people.  This was up one tenth in demo, even in share,  and up 450,000 viewers from the overnights.    This was down a tenth in demo, even in share, and down 60,000  viewers from last weeks show.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 2.9.  In second was The Voice with a 2.4, up a tenth from the overnights and even with last week's number two show.  In third was The The Good Doctor, with a 2.0, down a tenth from  the overnights, but even with last week's number three show.  

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 13.07 million viewers.   The Good Doctor was second with 10.60 million, down 300,000 from the overnights and down 310,000 from last week's number two show.  The Voice was in third at 10.37, up 270,000 viewers from the overnights, but down 320,000 from last weeks third place show.  

Tensor

Week Three Live + 7, Week of 16 October, 2017

Based on week One numbers (September 25, - October 01, 2017).  This was a bit late, due to getting it late.

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.01 "The Proposal Proposal" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

Show                                                  Live + 7 Lift                                            Show                                              Live + 7 Total     

1. This is Us                                  (P)           2.6                                                     This is Us                                  (P)           6.5                       
  2. The Good Doctor                    (P)           2.2                                                     TBBT                                          (P)           5.8
  3. Will and Grace                         (P)           2.0                                                     Young Sheldon                        (P)            5.5
  4. TBBT                                          (P)           1.7                                                     Will and Grace                         (P)            5.0 
  5. Young Sheldon                        (P)            1.7                                                     The Good Doctor                    (P)            4.4
  6. Grey's Anatomy                       (P)            1.6                                                     Grey's Anatomy                       (P)           3.9
  7. Modern Family                         (P)            1.5                                                     Modern Family                        (P)           3.6
  8. Designated Survivor                (P)            1.4                                                     Empire                                      (P)            3.6
  9. How to Get Away w/Murder   (P)            1.2                                                     The Voice                 (Mon)      (P)            3.4
  10. Empire                                        (P)            1.2                                                     Chicago Fire                             (P)            2.6

Viewers

Show                                                Live + 7 Lift (000)                                        Show                                         Live + 3 Total  (000)     

1. The Good Doctor                  (P)           7.86                                                     TBBT                                       (P)               23.08           
  2. This is Us                                (P)           6.94                                                     Young Sheldon                      (P)              22.46
  3. Designated Survivor             (P)           5.84                                                     This is Us                                (P)              19.87
  4. Will and Grace                       (P)           5.65                                                      The Good Doctor                  (P)              19.21
  5. TBBT                                        (P)           5.42                                                      NCIS                                        (P)              17.42
  6. Young Sheldon                      (P)            5.25                                                      Will and Grace                      (P)               15.85
  7. Blue Bloods                            (P)            4.57                                                      Blue Bloods                           (P)               14.61
  8. Seal Team                               (P)            4.37                                                      Seal Team                              (P)               14.25
  9. Chicago Fire                            (P)            4.28                                                      Bull                                         (P)                14.09
  10. Criminal Minds                       (P)            4.15                                                      NCIS:NO                                 (P)                12.72

Tensor

Week 04 Weekly Rankings; Week of 16 October, 2017

Ratings based on Week three numbers, week 09-15 Oct 2017.   

At 8:00 PM Monday,  CBS ran the episode, 11.03 The Relaxation Integration.   

The top ten in demo follows.  As I mentioned, all sports related shows have been removed from the lists.  

1. TBBT                                                                          2.9                                          3,731,000
  2. This is Us                                                                   2.8                                          3,626,000
  3. The Voice                                       (Mon)                 2.4                                          3,153,000
  4. The Voice                                       (Tue)                   2.4                                          3,093,000
  5. 60 Minutes                                                                 2.3                                         2,923,000  
  6. Grey's Anatomy                                                         2.1                                         2,748,000
  7. The Good Doctor                                                       2.0                                         2,554,000
  8. Empire                                                                          2.0                                         2,534,000
  9. Modern Family                                                            1.8                                         2,350,000
  10. Will and Grace                                                             1.8                                         2,275,000

The top 10 in viewers:

1. NCIS                                                                                      13,606,000
  2. 60 Minutes                                                                           13,339,000  
  3. TBBT                                                                                      13,140,000
  4. Bull                                                                                         11,261,000
  5. The Voice                                                         (Tue)             11,086,000
  6. This is Us                                                                                11,017,000
  7. The Voice                                                         (Mon)             10,914,000
  8. The Good Doctor                                                                    10,693,000
  9. NCIS:NO                                                                                      9,522,000
  10. Dancing with the Stars                                                              9,249,000

Tensor

Week 04, Syndicated ratings, Week of 16 October, 2017

Based on week one numbers , 02-09 Oct, 2017

Top Ten in Households:    

1. Judge Judy                                               6.5     
  2. Family Feud                                            6.2
  3. Jeopardy                                                  5.9
  4. Wheel of Fortune                                   5.9   
  5. TBBT                                                         4.6    
  6. Law and Order:SVU                                3.4
  7. Dateline Weekly                                      3.3
  8. Dr Phil                                                       3.1
  9. Entertainment Tonight                           3.0 
  10. Family Feud                     (Weekend)      3.0

Top ten in 25-54 Women:

1. TBBT                                                          2.8     
  2. Judge Judy                                                 2.6
  3. Family Feud                                              2.4
  4. Law and Order:SVU                                 2.3
  5. Wheel of Fortune                                     1.9
  6. TBBT                            Weekend              1.8
  7. Modern Family                                          1.8
  8. Dateline Weekly                                        1.8
  9. Jeopardy                                                     1.7
  10. Modern Family                 Weekend         1.6

I've gotten the question as to why the 25-54 rating.   For daytime shows, the women 25-54 is the more important ratings.  As you can see, TBBT still does rather well with this demo.   There is a also a show called Weekend Adventure.  It is a group of nature programs broadcast during the day on weekends for kids.  I've pulled it as it is not late Afternoon/early evening programming.  

Tensor

The Live + 3 numbers have been moved to the first of the week.   As a result, there will be no  week four Live + 3, those numbers (based on week three, 09-15 Oct)  will be the week five Live + 3.  

Week Four Live + 7, Week of 16 October, 2017

Based on week Two numbers (October 02-09, 2017).  This is the second Live + 7 this week, due to last weeks being delayed.  This is properly the week four Live + 7, the previous one this week was week three.

Demo

Show                                                  Live + 7 Lift                                            Show                                              Live + 7 Total     

1. This is Us                                                  2.4                                                     This is Us                                                  5.5                       
  2. The Good Doctor                                    2.1                                                     TBBT                                                          4.9
  3. TBBT                                                          1.8                                                     The Good Doctor                                    4.3
  4. Will and Grace                                          1.7                                                     Grey's Anatomy                                      3.7
  5. Grey's Anatomy                                        1.6                                                     Will and Grace                                        3.7
  6. Modern Family                                         1.3                                                     The Voice                 (Mon)                      3.3
  7. The Gifted                                 (P)            1.3                                                     Modern Family                                        3.2
  8. The Orville                                                 1.2                                                      Empire                                                     3.0
  9. Designated Survivor                                 1.2                                                     The Gifted                                (P)           2.8
  10. Empire                                                        1.1                                                      Scandal                                    (P)           2.5

Viewers

Show                                                Live + 7 Lift (000)                                          Show                                                Live + 3 Total  (000)     

1. The Good Doctor                                   7.21                                                     TBBT                                                            19.18           
  2. This is Us                                                 6.15                                                     The Good Doctor                                       18.12
  3. Designated Survivor                              5.20                                                     NCIS                                                             17.40
  4. TBBT                                                         5.14                                                     This is Us                                                     17.21
  5. Will and Grace                                        5.65                                                      Bull                                                              14.45
  6. Chicago Fire                                            4.36                                                      Blue Bloods                                                13.67
  7. Blue Bloods                                             4.19                                                      NCIS:NO                                                     12.69
  8. Criminal Minds                                       3.99                                                      Seal Team                                                   11.93
  9. Chicago PD                                              3.96                                                      Grey's Anatomy                                         11.89
  10. NCIS                                                          3.89                                                      Hawaii Five-0                                              11.55

Tensor

Return to Index

Week 05; Week of 23 October, 2017

Week Five Live + 3, Week of 23 October, 2017

Based on week three numbers (October 09-15, 2017).

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.03 "The Relaxation Integration" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

1. The Good Doctor                                  1.6                                                     This is Us                                                 4.3                       
  2. This is Us                                                1.5                                                      TBBT                                                        4.1
  3. TBBT                                                        1.2                                                     The Good Doctor                                   3.6
  4. Will and Grace                                       1.1                                                      Grey's Anatomy                                     3.2
  5. Grey's Anatomy                                     1.1                                                      The Voice                 (Mon)                    2.9
  6. Modern Family                                       0.9                                                      Will and Grace                                       2.9
  7. The Orville                                               0.9                                                     The Voice                 (Tues)                     2.8
  8. The Gifted                                                0.8                                                     Empire                                                     2.7
  9. Scandal                                                     0.8                                                     Modern Family                                       2.7
  10. Chicago Fire                                             0.8                                                     60 Minutes                                              2.3

Viewers

1. The Good Doctor                                  5.61                                                     TBBT                                                         16.82                  
  2. This is Us                                                4.31                                                     NCIS                                                          16.40
  3. TBBT                                                        3.68                                                     The Good Doctor                                    16.31
  4. Blue Bloods                                            3.49                                                      This is Us                                                 15.32
  5. Chicago PD                                             3.18                                                      Bull                                                            13.92
  6. Chicago Fire                                            3.11                                                      60 Minutes                                              13.86
  7. Will and Grace                                        2.98                                                      The Voice                    (Mon)                   12.71
  8. Criminal Minds                                       2.96                                                      The Voice                     (Tue)                    12.62
  9. NCIS                                                          2.79                                                      Blue Bloods                                              12.47
  10. Bull                                                            2.65                                                      NCIS:NO                                                    11.94

Tensor

Week 05 Early Household Ratings; 24 October, 2017

TBBT  ran a new episode  last night.   At 8 PM 11.05 The Collaboration Contamination , had a 8.8  Household Rating, with a 14 share.  The HH rating was up two tenths and share was , even from last week.  

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 8.8.   In second was The Good Doctor, with a 6.9  Household rating.  This was up a tenth of a  point from last weeks number two show.    In third, was  Dancing with the Stars, with a 6.5, down a tenth  from last weeks number three.

In share, TBBT led with a 14 share.  In second was The Good Doctor, with a 12, even from last weeks second place show and in third was a tie between The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.  Both had a 10 share, even with last week's number three show.   

Tensor

Week 05 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 24 October, 2017

CBS ran a new episode of TBBT 11.05 The Collaboration Contamination.  It pulled in a 2.7 demo, with a 10 share and 12.80 million viewers.  This was even in demo points, down a tenth in share and up 180,000 viewers from last weeks show.      

TBBT was number one in demo with that 2.7.   In second was The Voice with a 2.1, down two tenths from last week.  In third was The Good Doctor with a 1.9. down two tenths from last week.      For viewers, TBBT was first with the 12.80 million viewers.  In  second was  The Good Doctor, with 10.66 this was down 240,000 viewers from last week's number two show.  In third was  The Voice with 9.94 million viewers, down 160,000 viewers from last week's number three show.  

In the 18-34 demo, TBBT and The Good Doctor  tied for  first  with a 1.4,  even with last week's first place show.  In second was The Voice at 1.3 it tied for first last week, so it's down a tenth.     In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 4.0 demo, up a tenth from last week. In second,  was The Voice with a 2.9, down two tenths from last week, and in third was The Good Doctor,  with a 2.5, down a tenth from last week.   

TBBT held even or was up in all measures.  Everything else in he top three was down, in all measures, except for The Good Doctor holding even in the 18-34.

Tensor

Week 05 Final Ratings For Tuesday, 24 October, 2017.  For broadcasts, 23 October, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.05, The Collaboration Contamination, brought in a 2.8 , with a 10 share and 13.20 13.07 million people.  This was up one tenth in demo, even in share,  and up 400,000 viewers from the overnights.    This was even in demo, down a tenth in share,  but up 130,000  viewers from last weeks show.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 2.8.  In second was The Voice with a 2.2, up a tenth from the overnights, but down two tenths from last week's number two show.  In third was The The Good Doctor, with a 1.8, down a tenth from  the overnights, and down two tenths from last week's number three show.  

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 13.20 million viewers.   The Good Doctor was second with 10.39 million, down 270,000 from the overnights and down 210,000 from last week's number two show.  The Voice was in third at 10.10, up 160,000 viewers from the overnights, but down 270,000 from last weeks third place show.  

Tensor

Week 05 Weekly Rankings; Week of 23 October, 2017

Ratings based on Week four numbers, week 15 - 22 Oct 2017.   

At 8:00 PM Monday,  CBS ran the episode, 11.04 The Explosion Implosion.   

The top ten in demo follows.  As I mentioned, all sports related shows have been removed from the lists.  

1. This is Us                                                                   2.9                                          3,716,000
  2. TBBT                                                                           2.8                                          3,639,000
  3. 60 Minutes                                                                 2.4                                         3,135,000
  4. The Voice                                       (Mon)                  2.4                                          3,063,000
  5. The Voice                                       (Tue)                    2.2                                          2,803,000  
  6. The Good Doctor                                                       2.0                                          2,619,000
  7. Empire                                                                         1.8                                          2,371,000
  8. Survivor                                                                       1.8                                          2,301,000
  9. Modern Family                                                           1.7                                          2,245,000
  10. Will and Grace                                                            1.7                                           2,201,000

The top 10 in viewers:

1. 60 Minutes                                                                           14,580,000
  2. TBBT                                                                                      13,075,000  
  3. NCIS                                                                                       12,847,000
  4. This is Us                                                                               10,653,000
  5. The Good Doctor                                                                 10,597,000
  6. Bull                                                                                          10,493,000
  7. The Voice                                                         (Mon)            10,366,000
  8. The Voice                                                         (Tue)              10,032,000
  9. Dancing with the Stars                                                            9,583,000
  10. NCIS:NO                                                                                     9,543,000

Tensor

Week 05, Syndicated ratings, Week of 23 October, 2017

Based on week three numbers , 09-15 Oct, 2017

Syndicated ratings are usually rather steady, this week, however, there is a jumble of movement.  

Top Ten in Households:    

1. Family Feud                                            6.7     
  2. Judge Judy                                               6.6
  3. Jeopardy                                                  6.4
  5. TBBT                                                         4.8    
  7. Dr Phil                                                       3.5
  8. Dateline Weekly                                      3.4
  10. Family Feud                     (Weekend)      2.9

Top ten in 25-54 Women:

1. Family Feud                                                   2.8     
  2. TBBT                                                               2.7
  3. Family Feud                                                   2.5
  4. Law and Order:SVU                                      2.5
  5. Wheel of Fortune                                          1.9
  6. Jeopardy                                                         1.9
  7. Modern Family                                              1.8
  8. Modern Family                 Weekend            1.8
  9. Dateline Weekly                                            1.7
  10. TBBT                            Weekend                   1.5

Tensor

Week Five Live + 7, Week of 23 October, 2017

Based on week Three numbers (October 09-15, 2017).  

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.03 "The Relaxation Integration" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

1. This is Us                                                  2.2                                                    This is Us                                                   5.0                       
  2. The Good Doctor                                    2.2                                                     TBBT                                                          4.5
  3. TBBT                                                          1.6                                                     The Good Doctor                                    4.2
  4. Will and Grace                                          1.5                                                     Grey's Anatomy                                      3.5 
  5. Grey's Anatomy                                       1.4                                                     Will and Grace                                          3.3
  6. Modern Family                                         1.3                                                     Modern Family                                         3.1
  7. The Gifted                                 (P)            1.2                                                     The Voice                 (Mon)                       3.1
  8. Scandal                                                       1.1                                                     The Voice                 (Tue)                        3.1
  9. The Orville                                                  1.1                                                     Empire                                                       3.0
  10. How to Get Away w/Murder                    1.1                                                     The Gifted                                (P)            2.4

Viewers

Show                                                Live + 7 Lift (000)                                        Show                                         Live + 3 Total  (000)     

1. The Good Doctor                                 7.53                                                     The Good Doctor                                     18.22           
  2. This is Us                                               6.11                                                     TBBT                                                           17.91
  3. Designated Survivor                            5.07                                                     NCIS                                                           17.40
  4. TBBT                                                       4.77                                                     This is Us                                                   17.13
  5. Chicago PD                                            4.14                                                      Bull                                                            14.82
  6. Blue Bloods                                           4.13                                                      Blue Bloods                                              13.11
  7. Will and Grace                                       3.90                                                      NCIS:NO                                                   12.63
  8. Chicago Fire                                           3.87                                                      Grey's Anatomy                                       11.59
  9. Criminal Minds                                      3.82                                                      NCIS:LA                                                     11.48
  10. NCIS                                                         3.79                                                      Hawaii Five-0                                            11.40

Tensor

Return to Index

Week 06; Week of 30 October, 2017

Week Six Live + 3, Week of 30 October, 2017

Based on week Four numbers (October 16-22, 2017).

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.04 "The Explosion Implosion" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

1. The Good Doctor                                  1.6                                                     This is Us                                                 4.5                       
  2. This is Us                                                1.6                                                      TBBT                                                        4.0
  3. TBBT                                                        1.2                                                     The Good Doctor                                   3.6
  4. Will and Grace                                        1.2                                                     Will and Grace                                        2.9
  5. Criminal Minds                                       0.9                                                     The Voice                 (Mon)                     2.8
  6. Modern Family                                       0.9                                                      Modern Family                                      2.6
  7. How to Get Away w/Murder                 0.9                                                     The Voice                 (Tues)                     2.6
  8. Scandal                                                     0.8                                                     Empire                                                     2.5
  9. The Gifted                                                0.7                                                     60 Minutes                                              2.5
  10. Empire                                                      0.7                                                     Survivor                                                   2.3

Viewers

1. The Good Doctor                                  5.50                                                     TBBT                                                         16.52                  
  2. This is Us                                                4.39                                                     The Good Doctor                                    16.09
  3. Blue Bloods                                            3.56                                                     NCIS                                                          15.84
  4. TBBT                                                        3.45                                                     60 Minutes                                               15.07
  5. Chicago PD                                             3.24                                                     This is Us                                                  15.04
  6. Chicago Fire                                            3.05                                                     Bull                                                            13.23
  7. Criminal Minds                                       3.01                                                     Blue Bloods                                              12.63
  8. NCIS                                                          2.99                                                     NCIS:NO                                                    12.47
  9. Will and Grace                                         2.95                                                     The Voice                    (Mon)                    11.98
  10. NCIS:NO                                                    2.93                                                    The Voice                     (Tue)                     11.48

Tensor

Week 06 Weekly Rankings; Week of 30 October, 2017

Ratings based on Week five numbers, week 23-29 Oct 2017.   

At 8:00 PM Monday,  CBS ran the episode, 11.05 The Collaboration Contamination.   

The top ten in demo follows.  As I mentioned, all sports related shows have been removed from the lists.  As a point of interest, football or baseball were the first eight highest ranked shows of the week in demo, and the first six in viewers.  

1. TBBT                                                                           2.8                                          3,629,000
  2. This is Us                                                                    2.8                                          3,577,000
  3. The Voice                                       (Mon)                  2.2                                          2,806,000
  4. The Voice                                       (Tue)                    1.9                                          2,509,000
  5. The Good Doctor                                                       1.8                                          2,375,000  
  6. Will and Grace                                                            1.8                                          2,350,000
  7. Grey's Anatomy                                                          1.8                                          2,343,000
  8. Survivor                                                                        1.7                                          2,179,000
  9. Modern Family                                                            1.7                                          2,174,000
  10. NCIS                                                                              1.4                                           1,837,000

The top 10 in viewers:

1. NCIS                                                                                       13,303,000
  2. TBBT                                                                                       13,205,000
  3. 60 Minutes                                                                            11,270,000
  4. Bull                                                                                         10,701,000
  5. This is Us                                                                               10,601,000
  6. The Good Doctor                                                                  10,393,000
  7. The Voice                                                         (Mon)            10,096,000
  8. The Voice                                                         (Tue)                9,662,000
  9. Bull                                                                                             9,522,000
  10. Dancing with the Stars                                                            9,153,000

Tensor

Week 06, Syndicated ratings, Week of 30 October, 2017

Based on week four numbers , 16-22 Oct, 2017

TBBT reclaims it's top spot in the 25-54 Women demo this week.  

Top Ten in Households:    

1. Judge Judy                                               6.7     
  2. Family Feud                                            6.4
  3. Jeopardy                                                  6.1
  5. TBBT                                                         5.1    
  7. Dr Phil                                                       3.6
  8. TBBT                                 (Weekend)      3.0
  10. Family Feud                     (Weekend)      2.9

Top ten in 25-54 Women:

1. TBBT                                                               2.7
  2. Judge Judy                                                      2.6
  3. Family Feud                                                   2.6
  4. Law and Order:SVU                                      2.5
  5. Wheel of Fortune                                          2.0
  6. Jeopardy                                                         1.9
  7. Modern Family                 Weekend            1.9
  8. TBBT                                   Weekend            1.8
  9. Dateline Weekly                                            1.8
  10. Modern Family                                              1.6

I've gotten the question as to why the 25-54 rating.   For daytime shows, the women 25-54 is the more important ratings.  As you can see, TBBT still does rather well with this demo.   There is a also a show called Weekend Adventure.  It is a group of nature programs broadcast during the day on weekends for kids.  I've pulled it as it is not late Afternoon/early evening programming.  

Tensor

Week Six Live + 7, Week of 23 October, 2017

Based on week Four numbers (October 16-22, 2017).  

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.04 "The Explosion Implosion" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

1. This is Us                                                  2.3                                                    This is Us                                                   5.2                       
  2. The Good Doctor                                    2.1                                                     TBBT                                                          4.4
  3. TBBT                                                          1.6                                                     The Good Doctor                                    4.1
  4. Will and Grace                                         1.6                                                      Will and Grace                                         3.3 
  5. Modern Family                                        1.3                                                      Modern Family                                        3.0
  6. How to Get Away w/Murder                  1.1                                                     Empire                                                       2.8
  7. Criminal Minds                                         1.1                                                     Survivor                                                     2.5
  8. Chicago PD                                                1.1                                                     Chicago PD                                               2.2
  9. Designated Survivor                                 1.1                                                     NCIS                                                           2.2
  10. The Gifted                                                  1.0                                                      American Housewife                              2.2

Viewers

1. The Good Doctor                                 7.34                                                     The Good Doctor                                    17.96           
  2. This is Us                                               6.32                                                     TBBT                                                          17.72
  3. Designated Survivor                            5.00                                                     NCIS                                                           16.98
  4. TBBT                                                       4.64                                                     This is Us                                                   16.97
  5. Chicago PD                                            4.30                                                      Bull                                                            14.24
  6. NCIS                                                        4.13                                                      NCIS:NO                                                   13.43
  7. Blue Bloods                                           4.12                                                      Blue Bloods                                              13.19
  8. Chicago Fire                                           3.91                                                      Hawaii Five-0                                            11.54
  9. Will and Grace                                       3.90                                                      NCIS:LA                                                      11.03
  10. NCIS:NO                                                  3.89                                                      Seal Team                                                 10.62

Tensor

Week 06 Early Household Ratings; 03 November, 2017

TBBT, on it's move to Thursday, ran a new episode  last night.   At 8 PM 11.06 The Proton Regeneration , had a 8.8  Household Rating, with a 16 share.  The HH rating was even with last weeks Monday show and share was up two tenths from last week.  

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 8.8, this was up 3.2 points from last weeks number one Thursday show, Grey's Anatomy.   In second was the Thursday premiere of Young Sheldon, with an 8.2  Household rating.  This was up 3.1 points from last weeks number two Thursday show, Will and Grace.    In third, was the season premiere of Mom, with a 5.5, up 1.6 points from last weeks number three Thursday Show, Scandal

In share, TBBT led with a 16 share, this was up 7 points from last weeks number one show, Grey's Anatomy.  In second was Young Sheldon, with a 13, up 5 points from last Thursday's second place show, Will and Grace and in third was a tie between Mom and Grey's Anatomy.  Both had a 9 share, up 3 points from last week's number three show, Scandal.   

I don't normally list the shows from the previous week, I thought I would do it here, so members would have an idea of what shows are normally broadcast on Thursdays.  Note that all the show's listed in first through third place, from the previous week, were beaten or tied by CBS' line up.  For example, in share, note that Mom and Grey's Anatomy were tied with a 9 Share.  For Grey's, that was even for the previous week, when they placed first.  This week, that 9 was only good for a third place tie, seven points behind the number one show, TBBT.  

Tensor

Week 06 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 03 November, 2017

CBS ran a new episode of TBBT 11.06 The Proton Regeneration, for it's Thursday premiere.  It pulled in a 2.7 demo, with a 11 share and 14.13 million viewers.  This was even in demo points, up a tenth in share and up 1.3 million viewers from last weeks show.      

TBBT was number one in demo with that 2.7.   In second was Young Sheldon with a 2.4, and in third was  at tie between Grey's Anatomy and Mom, with a 1.8.     For viewers, TBBT was first with the 14.13 million viewers.  In  second was  Young Sheldon, with 13.29 million and  In third was  Mom with 9.61 million viewers.  

In the 18-34 demo, TBBT was in first  with a 1.4.  In second was Young Sheldon at 1.3 and in third was Grey's Anatomy at 1.2.     In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 4.1 demo. In second,  was Young Sheldon with a 3.8, and in third was Mom,  with a 2.8.   

I did not do the normal comparisons for this post.  First, I'm running behind, and have some personal things to get to.  Second, CBS' numbers are going to be subject to changes as both local CBS stations carried the Thursday night football game locally.  One of those locations was New York City, so that is a rather large adjustment.  However, TBBT was on before the game stated, so we simply have to wait until the final come in.  Third, there is also the change of night for comparisons.   

Tensor

Week 06 Final Ratings For Friday, 03 November, 2017.  For broadcasts, 02 November, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.06, The Proton Regeneration, brought in a  2.7 , with a 11share and 14.14 million people.  This was even in demo, even in share,  and up 10,000 viewers from the overnights.    This was down a tenth in demo, up a tenth in share,  and up 960,000 viewers from last weeks show.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 2.7, that was up by 9 tenths from last weeks number one show, at 1.8.  In second was Young Sheldon  with a 2.2, down two tenths from the overnights, but up a full point from last Thursday's number two show at 1.2.  In third was The Grey's Anatomy , with a 1.8, even from  the overnights, but up 7 tenths  from last Thursday's number three show at 1.1.  Note that Grey's Anatomy was the number one show last Thursday at 1.8 and number three this week, again at 1.8.  

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 14.14 million viewers.  This was up from last Thursday's number one show by 6.47 million viewers.   Young Sheldon was second with 12.66 million, down 630,000 viewers from the overnights and up 5.97 million from last Thursday's number two show.  Mom was in third at 8.46 million viewers.   This was down 1.15 million  viewers from the overnights, but up 1.91 million from last weeks third place show.

Even with the losses due to football, TBBT (2.7) and Young Sheldon (2.2) were the number one and number two scripted shows this week.   This is Us was third at 2.0

CBS took a hard drop in the finals, mostly due to losing the largest market in the country, New York City.   This didn't hurt TBBT, as the game itself didn't start until 8:30, but Young Sheldon (down two tenths), Mom (down four tenths) and Life in Pieces (down three tenths) were definitely affected.  

Tensor

Return to Index

Week 07; Week of 06 November, 2017

Week Seven Live + 3, Week of 06 November, 2017

Based on week five numbers (October 23-29, 2017).

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.05 "The Collaboration Contamination" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

1. This is Us                                                1.6                                                     This is Us                                                 4.4                       
  2. The Good Doctor                                  1.5                                                      TBBT                                                        4.1
  3. TBBT                                                        1.3                                                     The Good Doctor                                   3.3
  4. Grey's Anatomy                                     1.2                                                     Grey's Anatomy                                      3.0
  5. Will and Grace                                        1.1                                                     Will and Grace                                        2.9
  6. Modern Family                                        0.9                                                    Modern Family                                       2.6
  7. The Gifted                                                0.9                                                     The Voice                 (Mon)                     2.6
  8. The Orvile                                                 0.8                                                     The Voice                 (Tues)                    2.3
  9. Chicago PD                                               0.8                                                     Survivor                                                   2.2
  10. Law and Order:SVU                                 0.7                                                     The Orville                                              2.0

Viewers

1. The Good Doctor                                  5.33                                                     TBBT                                                         17.00                  
  2. This is Us                                                4.42                                                     NCIS                                                          16.13
  3. TBBT                                                        3.80                                                     The Good Doctor                                    15.74
  4. Blue Bloods                                            3.62                                                     This is Us                                                  15.03
  5. Chicago Fire                                            3.10                                                     Bull                                                            13.49
  6. Will and Grace                                        2.95                                                     NCIS:NO                                                   12.25
  7. NCIS                                                         2.82                                                     Blue Bloods                                              11.91
  8. Bull                                                           2.79                                                     60 Minutes                                                11.70
  9. Grey's Anatomy                                      2.75                                                     The Voice                    (Mon)                    11.67
  10. NCIS:NO                                                   2.73                                                     The Voice                     (Tue)                     10.97

In total demo, only two series (TBBT and This is Us) finished in the top ten.  Five baseball games and three football games took most of the top ten.  In viewers, only four series were in the top ten.  In addition to TBBT and This is Us, NCIS and The Good Doctor were the other two.  

Tensor

Ratings for Monday, 06 November, 2017.

TBBT was again on Monday night, 06 November, a rerun of "The Birthday Synchronicity" brought in a 1.1 demo, with 5.87 million viewers.  This was the fourth highest rating for a show last night, behind "The Voice" at 1.9, "Dancing with the Stars" at 1.4, and "Kevin Can Wait" at 1.2.   

ETD: None of the CBS shows changed their demo, and there were only slight changes in viewers (TBBT went from 5.87 million to 5.91 million).  ABC lost demo and viewers due to local NFL broadcasts.  Dancing with the Stars ended up at 1.2.

Here's a little chart for the last three Mondays, on CBS.    Note that as shows moved to different time slots, I differentiate between them with an asterisk:

Show                                                                                  Time                                23 Oct                      30 Oct                            06 Nov

The Big Bang Theory/Kevin Can Wait*                           8:00 PM                          2.7                               1.2*                               1.2*

9JKL/The Big Bang Theory*                                               8:30 PM                          1.4                               0.8                                 1.1*

Kevin Can Wait/ Superior Donuts*                                  9:00  PM                          1.2                               0.8*                               1.0*

Me, Myself, and I/9JKL*                                                      9:30  PM                          0.9                               0.7                                 0.8*

Scorpion                                                                               10:00 PM                          0.8                               0.7                                 0.8

30 October had no TBBT, and the only show to get to a 1.0 was Kevin can wait.    The last Monday TBBT obviously brought up the rest of the schedule.  But, even the repeat brought up the rest of the shows (with the exception of Kevin Can Wait, it was a 1.2 all three nights.   For example, 9JKL had a 1.4 after TBBT on 23 October.   It dropped to a  0.8, After "Kevin Can Wait".  But, with it's move to 9:30, and with TBBT in the line up, it managed to maintain a 0.8, with much less viewership (The number of people watching TV drops, the later in the night you go.  It will be intreating to see exactly how things go next week, when "Man with a Plan" starts its run at 8:30.              

Tensor

Week 07 Weekly Rankings; Week of 06 November, 2017

Ratings based on Week five numbers, week 30 Oct - 05 Nov, 2017.   

TBBT moved to 8 PM Thursday and CBS ran the episode, 11.06 The Proton Regeneration.   

The top ten in demo follows.  As I mentioned, all sports related shows have been removed from the lists.  As a point of interest, football or baseball were the first eight highest ranked shows of the week in demo, and the first six in viewers.  

1. TBBT                                                                           2.7                                          3,527,000
  2. 60 Minutes                                                                 2.5                                          3,208,000
  3. Young Sheldon                                                          2.3                                          2,909,000
  4. This is Us                                                                    2.0                                          2,617,000
  5. The Good Doctor                                                       1.9                                          2,502,000  
  6. The Voice                                       (Mon)                   1.9                                          2,446,000
  7. Grey's Anatomy                                                          1.8                                          2,369,000
  8. Will and Grace                                                             1.6                                          2,032,000
  9. Survivor                                                                        1.6                                          2,005,000
  10. Modern Family                                                            1.5                                          1,894,000

The top 10 in viewers:

1. 60 Minutes                                                                          15,093,000
  2. TBBT                                                                                     14,161,000
  3. Young Sheldon                                                                    12,831,000
  4. NCIS                                                                                       12,011,000
  5. The Good Doctor                                                                 10,580,000
  6. Dancing with the Stars                                                          9,932,000
  7. Bull                                                                                            9,629,000
  8. The Voice                                                         (Mon)              9,619,000
  9. Blue Bloods                                                                              9,273,000
  10. NCIS:NO                                                                                    8,859,000

I'll mention the 60 Minutes demo and viewers re more than likely skewed by it lead in.  This week, CBS had the late Sunday football game, as a result, 60 Minutes aired right after the end of the game.  Last week, with no NFL lead in, 60 Minutes was out of the top 15.   This also happens when FOX has the late game.  It's shows are also higher than when FOX doesn't have football.    

Tensor

Week 07, Syndicated ratings, Week of 06 November, 2017

Based on week five numbers , 23-29 Oct, 2017

Top Ten in Households:    

1. Judge Judy                                               7.1     
  2. Family Feud                                            6.5
  3. Jeopardy                                                  6.2
  4. Wheel of Fortune                                   6.0   
  5. TBBT                                                         4.6    
  6. Dr Phil                                                       3.6
  7. Law and Order:SVU                                3.5
  8. Dateline Weekly                                      3.3
  9. Entertainment Tonight                           3.1 
  10. Family Feud                     (Weekend)      3.0

Top ten in 25-54 Women:

1. TBBT                                                               2.7
  2. Family Feud                                                   2.7
  3. Judge Judy                                                      2.6
  4. Law and Order:SVU                                      2.0
  5. Wheel of Fortune                                          1.8
  6. Jeopardy                                                         1.8
  7. Dateline Weekly                                            1.8
  8. Modern Family                 Weekend             1.7
  9. TBBT                                   Weekend             1.6
  10. Dr Phil                                                              1.5

I've gotten the question as to why the 25-54 rating.   For daytime shows, the women 25-54 is the more important ratings.  As you can see, TBBT still does rather well with this demo.   There is a also a show called Weekend Adventure.  It is a group of nature programs broadcast during the day on weekends for kids.  I've pulled it as it is not late Afternoon/early evening programming.  

Tensor

Week 07 Early Household Ratings; 10 November, 2017

TBBT, ran a new episode  last night.   At 8 PM 11.07 The Geology Methodology had a 9.1  Household Rating, with a 16 share.  The HH rating was up three tenths from last weeks show.  

In households, number one for the night was TBBT with that 9.1, even with last weeks number one show.   In second was Young Sheldon, with an 7.7 Household rating.  This was down five tenths from  last weeks number two Thursday show..    In third, was Grey's Anatomy, with a 5.8, up three tenths from last weeks number three show. 

In share, TBBT led with a 16 share, even with last weeks number one show.  In second was Young Sheldon, with a 12, down a point from last Thursday's second place show, and in third was Grey's Anatomy  with a 10 share, up a point from last week's number three show.   

Tensor

Week 07 Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 10 November, 2017

CBS ran a new episode of TBBT 11.07 The Geology Methodology.  It pulled in a 2.7 demo, with a 11 share and 13.58  million viewers.  This was even in demo points, up a tenth in share, but down 550,000 viewers from last weeks show.      

TBBT was number one in demo with that 2.7.   In second was Young Sheldon with a 2.2, down two tenths from last week, and  in third was Grey's Anatomy  with a 1.9.     For viewers, TBBT was first with the 13.58 million viewers.  In  second was  Young Sheldon, with 12.31 million, down 990,000 from last week and  in third was  Mom with 8.79, down 820,000 viewers from last weeks number three show.  

In the 18-34 demo, TBBT was in first  with a 1.5, up a tenths from last week.  In second was Grey's Anatomy at 1.4, up a tenth from last week and in third was Young Sheldon at 1.1, down a tenth from last week.     In the 25-54 demo, TBBT was first with a 3.9 demo, down two tenths from last week.  In second,  was Young Sheldon with a 3.4, down four tenths from last week, and for third there was a tie between Mom and Grey's Anatomy,  with a 2.4, down four tenths from last week.   

I want to point out that the drop, of two tenths, for Young Sheldon in demo was probably due to the affiliates broadcasting the NFL last Thursday, and those being taken out of finals.   Young Sheldon was even with last weeks finals.  

Tensor

Week 07 Final Ratings For Friday, 10 November, 2017.  For broadcasts, 09 November, 2017

At 8:00 PM, the new episode of TBBT, 11.06, The Geology Methodology, brought in a  2.8 , with a 11 share and 13.80 million people.  This was up a tenth in demo, even in share,  and up 220,000 viewers from the overnights.    This was up a tenth in demo, even in share,  but down 340,000 viewers from last weeks show.

In first place, for demo, was TBBT with that 2.8, that was up a tenth from last weeks number one show..  In second was Young Sheldon  with a 2.2,  even with the overnights and even with last week.  In third was Grey's Anatomy , with a 1.9, even from  the overnights, but up a tenth  from last week's number three show. 

For viewers, TBBT was number one with those 13.80 million viewers.    Young Sheldon was second with 12.39 million, up 80,000 viewers from the overnights but down 270,000 viewers from last week's number two show.  Mom was in third at 8.46 8.69 million viewers.   This was down 10,000 viewers from the overnights, but up 200,000 from last weeks third place show.

Tensor

Week Seven Live + 7, Week of 30 October, 2017

Based on week Five numbers (October 23-29, 2017).  

CBS broadcast  TBBT new episode, 10.05 "The Collaboration Contamination" on Monday at 8 PM.

Demo

1. This is Us                                                  2.2                                                    This is Us                                                   5.0                       
  2. The Good Doctor                                    2.0                                                     TBBT                                                          4.4
  3. TBBT                                                          1.6                                                     The Good Doctor                                    3.8
  4. Will and Grace                                         1.5                                                      Will and Grace                                         3.3 
  5. Grey's Anatomy                                       1.5                                                      Grey's Anatomy                                      3.3
  6. Modern Family                                         1.3                                                     Modern Family                                        3.0
  7. The Gifted                                                 1.1                                                     Survivor                                                     2.4
  8. The Orvile                                                  1.1                                                     The Orville                                                2.3
  9. How to Get Away w/Murder                   1.1                                                     Chicago PD                                               2.1
  10. Chicago PD                                                1.0                                                      American Housewife                              2.1

Viewers

Show                                                Live + 7 Lift (000)                                        Show                                         Live + 7 Total  (000)     

1. The Good Doctor                                 7.10                                                     TBBT                                                          17.96           
  2. This is Us                                               6.09                                                     The Good Doctor                                     17.50
  3. TBBT                                                       4.76                                                     NCIS                                                           17.14
  4. Designated Survivor                            4.60                                                     This is Us                                                   16.69
  5. Blue Bloods                                           4.14                                                      Bull                                                            14.61
  6. Chicago PD                                            4.07                                                      NCIS:NO                                                    13.17
  7. Bull                                                          3.91                                                      Blue Bloods                                              12.43
  8. Chicago Fire                                           3.86                                                      Grey's Anatomy                                       11.22
  9. NCIS                                                         3.84                                                      Will and Grace                                         10.55
  10. Criminal Minds                                       3.81                                                      Chicago Fire                                             10.41

Tensor

News and Notes for Week 7

I have some extended breakouts this week.   In the 18-49 demo,   TBBT had a 2.8.  The 18-49 Female demo was 2.9 and the 18-49 Male demo was 2.6.  In the 18-34 demo, TBBT had a 1.5, with a split of 1.6 for the Female 18-34 demo and a 1.5 for the Male 18-34 demo.  

I bring this up, as there has been some comments about how more women watch the show compared to men.   The difference for TBBT, in the 18-49 demo was three tenths, and in the 18-34 demo was only one tenth.  While women still lead, TBBT had the lowest difference, in both demos, than any show this Thursday, with the exception of two.  FOX's Gotham and The Orville had an even split.   Except for those two shows, the closest to TBBT was Young Sheldon with a four tenth difference in the 18-49 and three tenths difference in the 18-34 demo.  Some other examples:  On ABC, the Grey's Anatomy split was 2.8 female and 1.1 male for the 18-49 and 2.0 female and  0.8 male and How to get Away with Murder had similar percentage splits.  On NBC, the hours of the NFL averaged pretty much the reverse splits of the ABC dramas.     

Return to Index