NEW script ideas from the fans

trekker1218

I would like to see Penny get her first real acting job on the show as a contestant on a new reality GEEK show with the boys joining in. This could introduce new female characters and get the boys some really good laughs. Penny gets hooked up with other geek on the Reality show and wins based on her knowledge learned over the years with the boys. At that point she realizes her love for Leonerd and uses the L word. I love the parts of the show when Penny uses her new found Geekdom lingo in her everyday conversation.

I really loved the Penny/ Leonerd hookup. I think its about time for the Geek to get the girl for a little more then a season. It could have worked for a while.

I would also like to see a FLASH FORWARD of Leonerd and Penny with family of little geeky kids that resemble Howard and Sheldon.

post other ideas. I know the guys at CBS read this forum as well. Maybe one of our ideas will get written into the season.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an idea but we are going to end up with a number of sub plots P/L S/A maybe Howard +one is over the top and I still think Bernadette will come back she could be on Penny's new show?

I would like to see Penny get her first real acting job on the show as a contestant on a new reality GEEK show with the boys joining in.

Hmm... nah... Althought, I'd like that she'd get an actual acting job eventually! Probably in some fictional sci-fi show, that the four guys become fans of (well, maybe not Sheldon, but at least the three other guys)!

In a different thread I posted a poll about Raj having a episode with him paired with someone else. So far the most popular idea is him and Penny.

My idea is that they are on there way to/from a party but then get trapped in the elevator (Howard and Leonard Would of taken the stairs or were early to the party). Raj having all ready had something to drink or Penny having some on her they engaged in conversation etc. I think it would be useful As Raj and penny have little or no screen time as just them. :D

What you think, just of the top of my head :p

When I say "fallout" I mean between the group even if nothing happened Leonard would think it had we all know what Howard is like he would drive everyone nut's trying to find out what had happened I think it would be better if Raj was with say Missy (is that how you spell her name ) that would be good as I'm sure she was keen on him before

When I say "fallout" I mean between the group even if nothing happened Leonard would think it had we all know what Howard is like he would drive everyone nut's trying to find out what had happened I think it would be better if Raj was with say Missy (is that how you spell her name ) that would be good as I'm sure she was keen on him before

I think that Leonard could trust Penny and Raj. And even not, it could Prove to be another plot point, I mean Raj and Leonard Don't have that much interaction as a pairing.

A quick look at fanfiction.net shows that the pairing Penny/Leonard is the centre of about 60 stories. The pairing Penny/Sheldon has over 400. We deduct that it's the fervent wish of the fan community that Penny and Sheldon get together! :icon_cheesygrin: Actually I think the scenario of an attraction there holds a lot of potential, both comical and fluffy. Check out, for example, The Paladin Protocol by SpaceAnJL where Penny takes the boys LARP:ing and it brings out unknown skills and sides in both her and Sheldon... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5623923/1/The_Paladin_Protocol (I know it sounds like I'm placing an ad here but I just think it's a really good idea).

I've had a look at the site it's different I'll give you that with a number of good idea's but I have to say that the day the BBT writer's have a total brain freeze and even think about putting Penny and Sheldon "together" is the day I never watch TBBT again as it would never never work n.e.v.e.r

I think you may gather from this that I think it's a silly idea

FYI everyone.. one of my old school chum, Peter Chakos is a writer/editor on this show.. we met up again at a taping during season two and talked about script/story ideas... this is how the show works.

TBBT will not open, look at, talk about or discuss script ideas with outsiders due to liability/copywrite issues re: said script ideas. So even though I had two great ideas I could easily have turned into scripts, he wouldnt never open it.

Lets say for example someone here posts an idea of Sheldon judging a midget beauty contest and has a script nearly finished. If the writers of the show already have the same idea in mind down the road, there could be conflict of interest and they could be sued if they did the same show.

They only take script ideas from their own writers and only hire writers for a whole season, not for just one or two good ideas. To make matters even harder, the only way to get hired is to send scripts to ANOTHER comedy... those shows they can read... and if they like your stuff you might get a shot. The best bet if you really wanted to write for TBBT is so send a few scripts to 2 1/2 men. Those are easily shared.

Rob

FYI everyone.. one of my old school chum, Peter Chakos is a writer/editor on this show.. we met up again at a taping during season two and talked about script/story ideas... this is how the show works.

TBBT will not open, look at, talk about or discuss script ideas with outsiders due to liability/copywrite issues re: said script ideas. So even though I had two great ideas I could easily have turned into scripts, he wouldnt never open it.

(...)

Rob

Ah well... It's still fun to toss ideas around!

You cannot deduce from the internet anything about what the total TBBT fan base community wants. The online fan base of TBBT represent an infinitesimal percentage compared to the total TBBT fan base. Besides, the reason their are so many more S/P based fics than L/P fics is because as a L/P shipper like myself we don't have to create a L/P romantic fic, we just have to watch the show. :icon_mrgreen:

My funny script idea would be Penny mistakingly giving Leonard who has a headache a couple of her powerful pain pills she had left over from her dislocated shoulder injury and after realizing this Penny has to deal with Leonard in his drugged state.

• 4 months later...

I think a funny idea would be for one of the guys to see a UFO on the roof and whatever ensues from this. This could allow appearances or cameos from the cast of 3rd Rock from the Sun either in the story or just as a final moment in the show would be great.

• 2 months later...

The group should go on a road trip to Waterloo, Ontario, Canada for a Stephen Hawking lecture at the Perimiter Institute. Sheldon can get trashed in an argument with him on string theory.

Penny can come along for a short detour to Niagara Falls where Leonard proposes, but instead she runs off with a young hockey player, like Phil Kessel.

Howard and Raj can try to find Howard's fictional Canadian girlfriend at a University of Waterloo pub, and stop in to Curry In A Hurry for lunch... where the come across a Waterloo Science Fiction Club poster for a Dungeons and Dragons tournament that they enter and win after recruiting a party of locals.

(this might have to be a two part episode)

penny needs to get a acting job (space show or science show that requires help from sheldon and the guys) may be meet george lucas (any one from Star wars) and get cast for a new sci fi show....(cuz she iz pretty)...she realize that she knows dick about sci fi and needs the boys to help. you can have a real fake sci fi show online for big bang fans to watch (viral like SNL) short show 10 min like the flash gordon cliff hangers.....this will suck penny more into the geek world.....episodes at the comic store where she is a god!!! the mall she have to do a meet and greet, comic-con, even lenard getting mad cuz penny is invadeing geek world.

raj needs a woman! one who talks so much she does not even realize that raj can't talk to her.....how bout pennys sister from 8 simple rules show (the red head)

raj will be cool cuz he does not need to talk....for awhile till he tries to get rid of her then wants her back!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much script ideas but rather suggestions for the writer's consideration (other wise we get into legal issues):

Penny being "tricked" into dumping Leonard by Will Weaton (brilliantly done, I might add) is something I can't help but expect there will be a reckoning for in the future. Perhaps there is a long term story arc of rekindled romance on the horizon for Leonard and Penny, similar to the Ross / Rachel arc on "Friends". Granted now Friends may be a groaning example, but at the time the, writers had the fans going crazy rooting for the couple who just couldn't get their collective crap together. The writers played with timings, new love interests to "delay" the two. Dramatically it WORKED and I wonder if a similar genius is at work here.

I keep expecting to see Sheldon's twin sister return and take an interest in Leonard, sparking jealousy in Penny that starts a slow evolution between the two. Having Missy return to torment Sheldon some more (even for just a season), would only add to the fun.

Penny sees herself as an intellectually inferior to Leonard, however she is his "empathetic superior". She is far more compassionate than Leonard, who apparently shows his greatest compassion toward Penny and her interests, even after they've broken up. Now you take this dynamic and see if it can become a compatibility bridge between the two. Differences are what make relationships interesting, NOT similarities. You have a very passive Leonard who needs to grow some back bone with women and a somewhat shallow Penny who needs to learn her own worth and strengths. Both have to "grow" out of their respective boxes to appreciate and accept what each bring to the table.

I am hopeful the writers take their time pairing up the two. Much like the two season build up of the relationship the first time, any new rekindling should be given similar obstacles and time to re-build. I would like to see Penny's greatest fears materialize in the form of a competing suitor for Leonard's affections. Ideally that would be Missy, Sheldon's sibling nemesis... I would like to see Missy "teach" Leonard to stand up for himself, while Penny "learns" to abandon her shallow emotions by becoming "the Leonard" for a while. The smitten optimistic neighbor watching someone she can't have. Not becoming a "nerd" so to speak, but being denied what she has always taken for granted and thus appreciating the sacrifice that is required.

The thing about Missy however is she won't have the same compassion that Penny possesses and that is what Leonard will notice is missing. The idea that at some you point have to choose between being "mostly happy" and settling or being "completely happy" and getting who you really want. A converging of themes and lessons both Penny and Leonard must come to learn for themselves.

The whole Sheldon / Amy thing, I can 't see lasting much longer. It's interesting to see a female version of Sheldon, but I am not sure if it's the performance or the overload of his character type, but I am finding it becoming rather dull and somewhat cliche'd.

If anything, Sheldon needs a pairing with a character like Leslie Winkle. Someone to drive him crazy, but smart enough to keep up with him. Amy is far too bland and albeit a clever carbon copy of the Sheldon character, but she lacks the idiosyncratic performances like Jim Parsons provides for Sheldon that truly carry it off.

Now for Sheldon to become sexually attracted to Leslie Winkle would be laughter fodder for sure. He can't stand her, yet is physically drawn to her and ultimately emotionally. Leslie is the emotional opposite to Sheldon. She is a sexual being and emotionally detached, yet fully aware of that fact. Sheldon is non-sexual and emotionally childish, but is in denial of his emotions. Winkle has many of the dominant traits of Sheldon's mother and is very much as pushy as Sheldon is. When you put two assertive opposite personalities in a relationship, sparks are going to fly.

• 8 months later...

My husband has an idea for a new show. Leonard, Raj, and Howard were playing with an idea, using their degrees for a time machine, after watching some of the sci-fi shows (stargate, star trek, etc.). They wanted to see if they could actually build one so they used the labs in their spare time and they did. They decided to test it at the same time once they showed it was same. The lights went out and there was a high pitched noise. The lights came back on and everything looked the same so they thought it didn't work. They walked out the door and the whole look of the university is different. The room they had built it in was a storage room so they didn't notice changes until they walked out. They knew it wasn't the past because there were cameras and other things on the walls. They finally start walking around and they come to a hallway that has past university presidents on it. They are small black and white pictures but the current president is Sheldon. He is 5x bigger than the other ones and in color. They thought there might have been a joke played on them. They realize they might have been in an alternate reality. They go "ok, we might run into ourselves so we have to be careful." They run into someone they know and he's surprised to see them and says the president is going to be surprised/angry to see them. They ask how the guy has been and he says that it's been really hard since the three of them got fired. New policy is that no one has tenure anymore. They wonder why they were fired. Apparently, he knew that since they couldn't follow the rules he established for the apartment so they couldn't possibly follow the rules of the university. They have an argument with Sheldon and they finally go back to the machine to see if they can go back home. They get back home and are so excited that they are back home that they disassemble it and say they will never go back there because they don't like "sheldon university". Then the screen goes fuzzy and Leonard wakes up and says "that was a weird dream. Boy, I was thinking about making one of those, but to hell with that. I don't want to chance having Sheldon in charge."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

**Sheldon falling for a girl who he TRIES to repress his feelings for. I've always thought that Sheldon would be great with a pretty creative type. A girl who may be a genius herself but she's like an art prodigy or something. I've read artists often have more than one medium so it could be neat to see a woman who can do a variety of arts. Painting, photography, music, culinary arts,etc. I actually think it could be funny that Sheldon's attracted to her but thinks he's much better than her before he realizes how versatile she is...and maybe after some headbutting he realizes she has a masters in architecture or PhD in Art History or something but CHOOSES to do freelance art as it's her passion. That would completely baffle him...and fascinate him. So basically, his polar opposite. And you know what they say, opposites attract. But she'd have to be cute like Bernadette. She's adorable and I can't picture Sheldon with anyone who isn't adorable.

* Penny with a couple real acting jobs. I personally would think it was better if it wasn't a reality show but a sci-fi show. She could be like a hideous mutant or something. ;) Then the next acting job she lands is a set of twins on a soap opera. A good one and evil one. That'd be fun to see.

*The elevator fixed...and JUST when all the characters have hope that it's good to use, there's another 'incident' breaking it.

*Mary Cooper gets engaged. I would LOVE to see Sheldon's reaction!

*Sheldon finds out his sister was hiding the fact she was pregnant. It would open it up for Sheldon to hold a little baby and realize maybe he WANTS children and not just to leave behind a legacy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been kind of thinking it would be interesting to see Sheldon bullied. I love him but since he's the definition of arrogance it might be interesting to see how he handles being bullied (as an adult). I was on the bus on my way to work and wondered what would happen if the new head of the Physics department or University, (a superior) etc. started bullying him. I've seen this happen in my work place and going to HR (sometimes) does nothing but make it worse. Bullying doesn't just include name calling but they pile on the work, exclude the person, spread rumors, and even goes as far as hurting them. In my boredom, I was thinking about how easily it would be for this bully to get away with it. If Sheldon told someone, they could easily use the Youtube vids of 'Physics gone wild' or Sheldon's drunken speech. It would be blackmail but also it would make Sheldon think he couldn't get a job anywhere else because who would want to hire who (appears to be) a drunk and gets into fights with colleagues?

Along the same lines, what would happen if someone stole Sheldon's work? He'd be devastated. Not that I want to see Sheldon suffer but it would be interesting.