NEW script ideas from the fans

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see an episode,maybe a dream sequence, where the characters are a super hero crime fighting team. While they will have very unique super powers they will still be true to their characters with all of thier social quirks but their nerdiness and brilliance wins out and they save the day!

Superhero Episode! Lets do it!

I would like to see an episode,maybe a dream sequence, where the characters are a super hero crime fighting team. While they will have very unique super powers they will still be true to their characters with all of thier social quirks but their nerdiness and brilliance wins out and they save the day!

Superhero Episode! Lets do it!

I'd like to see an episode where Amy catches a deadly disease from her monkey test subjects and dies a horrible painful death. Raj turns out to be evil Raj who has the real Raj locked up in a underground lair since the end of season three. The real Raj escapes and exposes his evil twin. Bearnadette runs off with her ex from the conference reverting Howard back to his old ways. Penny gets a acting job and starts dating the star of the show who convinces her to go to AA. Leonard manages to talk that comic shop girl into giving him another chance. Sheldon decides to recommit to his scientific studies dispensing with any attempts to normalise himself. The writers realise intelligent well written humour can be mainstream too.

Not many laughs in there I guess. Well apart from the Amy thing.:icon_twisted:

@Threelions (:icon_arrowu: an upvote for you) Very well thought out.

I was going to suggest having Dr. Who show up to work with Sheldon to untangle some mixed up parallel universes that seemed to have intertwined with the "proper" universe. The 2 of them could go back in time and correct things so that the show could reboot from part-way through season 4.

• 1 month later...

I read this conversation on a FB forum, and thought how hilarious this argument might be one the show. Involving Sheldon, of course, and I think Howard. Or it may be just as funny between Raj and Howard. The point is it so decidedly geeky it is just perfect:

It started over an article on the NY Times about D&D changing it's rules and asking fans to help. The article is here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/arts/video-games/dungeons-dragons-remake-uses-players-input.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1326986076-CgZw3dHGdCgqhuH0MYCTvw

and this is the post:

Person A - TSR... er, Wizards of the Coast... er, Hasbro lost my business for good when they scrapped a very popular system that millions of gamers had sunk hundreds of millions of dollars into in order to debut a NEW SUPERCOOL 4th Edition of D&D that was desperate attempt to capture the video game/MMORPG crowd. By dumbing down the game to the "Tank, Heals, DPS" model of World of Warcraft, et. al. they severed the lifeblood of RPG gaming, making it about scoring gold and "phat lewtz" instead of heroic fantasy. The result was easy to predict, as 4E has suffered an ignominious, lame-duck existence in the shadow of the best RPG system on the market right now, that being Paizo Publising's Pathfinder system. Hasbro is bleeding money as D&D 4E books lay on shelves gathering dust, so what do they do? "HEY EVERYBODY, WE HAVE A NEW VERSION OF D&D COMING OUT!" Because they know that some gamers can't help themselves and will buy it all - which will keep the company floating along for a year or two... then it starts all over again.

Person B - Couldn't agree more. 3.5 is still the best system. I doubt they will improve on it.

Person C - I thought 4th edition rules were by far the best D&D rules ever. What players do with them, on the hand, is up to them.

Person B - Blasphemy! :) I think a lot of the issue is (much as Person A pointed out). It takes a lot of the "geek" out of the game by making it simpler and more "playable". Which is fine, but there are a lot of us that really enjoyed the minutia that was part of 2nd edition and 3.5. 4th ED also really removed a lot of the ability for classes to play on "the fringe" of their class. For example, if I wanted to play a Rogue who was really more of a "thug" or second story thief it made it a lot more difficult. You really only have the choice of being a DPS flanker. Just took a lot of the flexibility out of the game.

Person C - I suppose there are some people who enjoyed having to remember when a die roll was backwards or not. But I like the standardization.. maybe it's the programmer in me, but rolling attack versus defense ALWAYS, makes way more sense than sometimes doing an attack v defense and sometimes doing a saving throw. And having more than one kind of defense totally makes sense- why would your armor help you avoid being hit by a non-physical attack?

I think making the classes all have useful fighting capabilities is better than some older versions- it gives each player something to do on each turn. Previously, if you're a mage, you sit and do nothing until the few times a day you actually need to do magic. Did anyone ever find that fun to play?

And the tactical roles are not actually NEW - they just mention them in the books, now. Under 2.0 or 3.5, you can still make a tank character, or a DPS character, or a healer. And people usually did.

Most of the people I've heard waxing nostalgic about 3.5 (or even 2) are not actually talking about 2 or 3.5 rules. They usually turn out to be fondly remembering their own house rules that fixed some of the more bizarre quirks in the old rule sets.

A friend of mine was really really really against the not-rolling-for-stats of 4th ed. But, it turned out the method he preferred was to throw dice for about 30 minutes continuously, until you happen to hit upon a streak of really good numbers.

I tried to convince him that he was not truly rolling for stats either, he was just throwing many dice for no good reason, but he was hearing none of it. He'd rather have you throw forever to get "legitimate" good numbers than just use a formula where everyone gets roughly the same good numbers. There's no logical reason for this that I can see, I believe it was just a way of being retro.

Especially considering that many of the anti-4th ed people were children when they played the older versions, I don't put much stock into their complaints. The old versions of these games were not actually very good, as written. People just remember having fun with it, and so they assume the rules must have been good.

Person D - As for myself I do better with the RP than the book knowledge. So of course I do better with the one that hardcore players hate. :p

Person B - Well not the case in my instance, Person C. I like my RPG filled with stats, and charts, and complex formulas to decide if you hit or not. I've known what page the THACO and saving throw tables are on in the DM's Guide are on since I was 10. The not rolling for stats was something that bothered me also, but I think the things that bothered me most were the class and race selections that they put (and removed) in 4ED. Gnomes made fantastic races for RP, and I could live with out Dragonborn anything.

Person C - I find that part of it arguably more complex in 4th than in previous. Things are more standard now, sure, but there are also now more things that are likely to frequently happen in combat that will change your numbers. I don't really see 4th ed as dumbed down.. it's simpler in some ways, yes, but more complex in others. There is far more player choice now in what to do on your turn, and far more choice in character design.

I find myself NOT liking complex calculations, because I keep thinking a game where this is required is better suited to a computer than a tabletop. But some people like that stuff, just like some people prefer the role-playing aspects.

Person B - Well, the nice thing about 3.5 was other than creation and combat you really didn't have many calculations other than the occasional skill check for bluff, or whatever. It allowed for both RP and geekness without being reduced to an MMO on paper. I think that's a big part of the complaint. It really didn't need the overhaul. Unless of course you needed to sell a whole new series of books for $40 a pop.

Person C - One problem I think needs solved for D&D to continue as a role-playing game rather than a just tactical game, is making the combats shorter. You probably still want some huge epic fights, sure, but maybe the smaller ones should be doable in 5-10 minutes.

Person B - There have been several attempts over the years. Battle-system for large combats comes to mind. But more than anything I think that's a DM issue more than anything. Not every combat has to be "epic".

Person C - This is possibly a worse problem under 4 than earlier rules, because it's no longer a matter of just "I will move to here, and roll to hit" on your turn. A group I was playing with had kicked around the idea of cutting monster HPs in half but doubling their damage output, as a way of getting faster fights. It makes them quicker but PCs are more likely to die. Some groups like their characters dying frequently, some don't.

But I remember playing in high school or college, I think under some complicated version of 2nd ed rules, where combats were excruciatingly slow. The turns were divided up into chunks, and some people got multiple actions during different chunks. So apparently this problem sometimes existed then, too. Or maybe our DM was just weird.

Person B - There's a few things you can do depending on the situation. I frequently find the longest part of large combat is usually initiative. I could see some problems with what you suggested, especially with monsters that are tough to hit. Generally what I have done is make monsters uniform to some extent, in large groups I divide them up into groups of whatever makes sense, have them move as a group, attack as a group....etc. There's also a couple of nice PC aids out there that will speed things up (if your DM took the time to set up encounters ahead of time). Auto dice rollers, and encounter trackers are worth their weight in gold, I never DM without a laptop anymore.

I would love to see Penny exhibit an attribute that drives Sheldon crazy. Let's say she has an uncanny ability to see slight patterns in things. It could drive Sheldon wild. An idiot savant attribute in Penny that resurfaces and she really isnt aware of could be funny over and over again. Good to give the girl an edge !

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see a normal girl not techie smart but not genius not pretty like penny, normal. she should have a hidden talent. she should be shy but quick to anger. and she should start dating leonard. amy and sheldon should break up and bernadette leaves howard at the altar season finale.

I want to see Penny break down and tell Leonard that she loves him and he responds by telling her "that's nice, thank you". I think that it would be interesting to see how she reacts to a comment like that compared to the way that Leonard did when she gave him the same basic response. I believe that she would immediately get up and angrily leave the room. Leonard could explain that the last time he told Penny that he loved her it resulted in them breaking up and he didn't want to take any risks in it happening again.

Mine isn't really a script idea, but I would like to see Sheldon and Amy play a little musical number on the piano at some point. It could be a really cute moment for the two of them, and relatively simple for Jim and Mayim since they both play the piano.

Sheldons veisalgia (aka sheldons hangover)

In the tradition of the very popular movie the hangover. about time howard had a bachelor party

opening scene screen split into 4. Penny, leonard, raj, sheldon. close up on their faces pull back. sheldon sleeping in trash we know how he loves it so. the others all waking up in different parts of the city in craziest of places. but where is howard.. let the episode begin. flash backs to how they all decide to throw howard a bachelor party, and how sheldon does not drink so this episode would confront to areas. where is howard and how did sheldon get drunk. p.s. two part episode. second part last episode of a season.

I would love to see an episode with a lot less of the laughing track. After watching for a long time it's getting a little long in the tooth.

It's a funny show there is no need for the laughing track after everybody says even one word.

And it's about time Raj stops talking into people's ears, it is no funny any more.

But besides the above it is an excellent show

No idea if this has been said before brand new here but what I want to see most is Sheldon getting to meet Lenord Nimoy & to tie in with Season 1 have him show the progress of his clone he's growing from the napkin he signed that Penny gave him for Christmas!

Hello, I am new here, so I do not know if it was mentioned, but I think good idea for new script is: Sheldon meets his colleague from studies which is also very smart but he decided to move to "the dark side", deceived science and became software developer (BTW this is very common career path after physics studies). Now he earns much more than scientists on the university, so girls like him and he had lot of "friends". Of course all our guys feel envious and show it, beside Sheldon which is mad and tries convince others that his colleague is traitor and it is not worth to bother with such person.

Take care :)

No idea if this has been said before brand new here but what I want to see most is Sheldon getting to meet Lenord Nimoy & to tie in with Season 1 have him show the progress of his clone he's growing from the napkin he signed that Penny gave him for Christmas!

Kaley has said that Leanord's been asked but he didn't seem interested. I like qubitka's idea but whatever ideas the writers have, for God's sake just write it well. I feel like I've seen every episode but the writers haven't.

Okay, this is a sort of get out of jail free for the writing team of TBBT... We all know that they seem to have a continuity / consistency problem with story and character writing, so.

Leonard follows Sheldon into his office, only to find he is not in there. Moments later Sheldon walks into the office behind Leonard, after a moment of confusion Sheldon is forced to admit that he has at some point in the passed had some sucess in the feild of time travel (Leonard having just missed Sheldon dissapering into the passed) and has for many months been trying to correct a series of paradoxes he caused in earlier time jaunts.

{at this point various inconsistencies in the lives of TBBT team can be explained by Sheldons visits to the passed, thus allowing the writing team to cover their asses for their errors in continuity and story consistency. and giving them an oppertunity to start working together and stop screwing up in the future...}

I know its not likely to happen, but its a thought. :icon_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

FYI everyone.. one of my old school chum, Peter Chakos is a writer/editor on this show.. we met up again at a taping during season two and talked about script/story ideas... this is how the show works.

TBBT will not open, look at, talk about or discuss script ideas with outsiders due to liability/copywrite issues re: said script ideas. So even though I had two great ideas I could easily have turned into scripts, he wouldnt never open it.

Lets say for example someone here posts an idea of Sheldon judging a midget beauty contest and has a script nearly finished. If the writers of the show already have the same idea in mind down the road, there could be conflict of interest and they could be sued if they did the same show.

They only take script ideas from their own writers and only hire writers for a whole season, not for just one or two good ideas. To make matters even harder, the only way to get hired is to send scripts to ANOTHER comedy... those shows they can read... and if they like your stuff you might get a shot. The best bet if you really wanted to write for TBBT is so send a few scripts to 2 1/2 men. Those are easily shared.

Rob

There are some really good ideas for shows on this forum. So you are saying that if the writers read these forums and liked an idea, that they could not use one for legal issues? That would be a shame.

FYI everyone.. one of my old school chum, Peter Chakos is a writer/editor on this show.. we met up again at a taping during season two and talked about script/story ideas... this is how the show works.

TBBT will not open, look at, talk about or discuss script ideas with outsiders due to liability/copywrite issues re: said script ideas. So even though I had two great ideas I could easily have turned into scripts, he wouldnt never open it.

Lets say for example someone here posts an idea of Sheldon judging a midget beauty contest and has a script nearly finished. If the writers of the show already have the same idea in mind down the road, there could be conflict of interest and they could be sued if they did the same show.

They only take script ideas from their own writers and only hire writers for a whole season, not for just one or two good ideas. To make matters even harder, the only way to get hired is to send scripts to ANOTHER comedy... those shows they can read... and if they like your stuff you might get a shot. The best bet if you really wanted to write for TBBT is so send a few scripts to 2 1/2 men. Those are easily shared.

Rob

There are some really good ideas for shows on this forum. So you are saying that if the writers read these forums and liked an idea, that they could not use one for legal issues? That would be a shame.

I had a feeling that might be the case. Thanks for digging this out.

Years ago my two friends planned to visit me for dinner at work in downtown Detroit. The driver a PhD in Physics(Bill) and the passenger an electrical engineer (Arnold). They pulled off I-75 a freeway in Detroit and stopped at a light. A homeless person entered the unlocked back door of their car. Unsure what to do they continued on to my work location. There we call security who started to rough up the elderly homeless person in the car. Bill yelled for them to stop it. At that point security left and we are left thinking what to do with this person. Bill decided to drive to local homeless shelters to see if they would accept him. After many stops he was accepted and my friends returned home. This seems like a good adventure for Sheldon and Leonard.