Tripper

1106 - The Proton Regeneration (November 2)

'The Proton Regeneration' - Season 11, Episode 6 
Airs Thursday, November 2 at 8/7c on CBS.

Sheldon goes head-to-head with Wil Wheaton for the role of the new Professor Proton. Also, Penny steps in to take care of Halley when Bernadette and Wolowitz both wind up on bed rest.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Wil Wheaton isn't trained in science, so why would he think he could be the new PP?

Because he's an actor. Pretending to be someone who you aren't is his job.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Wil Wheaton isn't trained in science, so why would he think he could be the new PP?

Working to a script ? That's given me a thought : if Sheldon got the job, he'd be contradicting the script writers all the time. Could be good for some laughs.

• Like 1

So are they going to bring back some of this?

wheaton.gif.16dd0b619ed267f1718e897069081fc4.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

12 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

He's an actor and it's a television job?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sheldon and Wheton are rivals again, even for only one episode? YES!

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

It is unclear where Leonard is in this episode, maybe he accompanies Sheldon and winds up getting the part! LOL Just kidding! I want him to teach at the university not on TV.

• It's a Tiara 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

History? :icon_biggrin: 

I know that's a joke but I mean Physics! Leonard could be a great professor, IMO. He is great when he explains things to Penny.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Yes, it's a reference to Flaming Spittoon. :) 

I remember :icon_wink: But it derived from Sheldon's false presumption that Leonard is washed up as a physicist...

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 2

Actually, I'd have said it was derived from Sheldon's false presumption, that Leonard wanted to discuss his career, as opposed to Amy and Stuart going on a  date.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Actually, I'd have said it was derived from Sheldon's false presumption, that Leonard wanted to discuss his career, as opposed to Amy and Stuart going on a  date.

Sheldon's been undermining Leonard's work since the pilot. So this is nothing new unfortunately. Sheldon falsey presumed Leonard wanted to discuss his career. Which was predicated on the idea in Sheldon's point of view. Leonard is washed up as a physicist. I don't see Sheldon making any real contribution to Physics though lately. 

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

4 hours ago, bfm said:

I know that's a joke but I mean Physics! Leonard could be a great professor, IMO. He is great when he explains things to Penny.

Now you come to mention it we never hear what students think of Leonard, although we've been shown what they think of Sheldon from time to time. Only Ramona and Patsy were positive about him. Dave Giggs did seem to have heard Leonard lecture, but that was not at Caltech

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Dave Giggs did seem to have heard Leonard lecture, but that was not at Caltech

No, it was at Stanford, with Sheldon.

Oh and BTW, it's Dave Gibbs, not Dave Giggs.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Sheldon's been undermining Leonard's work since the pilot. So this is nothing new unfortunately. Sheldon falsey presumed Leonard wanted to discuss his career. Which was predicated on the idea in Sheldon's point of view. Leonard is washed up as a physicist. I don't see Sheldon making any real contribution to Physics though lately. 

No, he hasn't been "undermining" Leonard's work, he has been denigrating it.  They're different.

Sheldon is generally condescending toward nearly all practical applications of science, as Leonard and Amy, and Howard do.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

No, he hasn't been "undermining" Leonard's work, he has been denigrating it.  They're different.

Sheldon is generally condescending toward nearly all practical applications of science, as Leonard and Amy, and Howard do.  

And toward almost every scientist who is not him...

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bfm said:

No matter what the field theoretical folks think they're the virgin births of their field!

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

With a few notable exceptions, such as Stephen Hawking and Richard Feynman.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

On 10/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, joyceraye said:

Now you come to mention it we never hear what students think of Leonard, although we've been shown what they think of Sheldon from time to time. Only Ramona and Patsy were positive about him. Dave Giggs did seem to have heard Leonard lecture, but that was not at Caltech

Who's Patsy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Who's Patsy?

I think  she was Kathy, not Patsy, The girl who approached Sheldon towards the end of The Cooper Nowitzki Theorem. She was like Ramona all over again, or so it was implied(but never shown). 

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2017 at 4:48 AM, Capt. Hilts said:

That's irrelavant. Sheldon has been demeaning Leonard's work since the pilot. Him being a jackass to everyone does not justify that. You can call it what you want. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

I think  she was Kathy, not Patsy, The girl who approached Sheldon towards the end of The Cooper Nowitzki Theorem. She was like Ramona all over again, or so it was implied(but never shown). 

Absolutely right ! It is Kathy. I checked the transcript. Patsy's in Absolutely Fabulous. I can't think where else I could have got the name from. I've no idea why I got them muddled. Had I not been doing this since I was about thirty-five I'd say it was old age catching up with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Absolutely right ! It is Kathy. I checked the transcript. Patsy's in Absolutely Fabulous. I can't think where else I could have got the name from. I've no idea why I got them muddled. Had I not been doing this since I was about thirty-five I'd say it was old age catching up with me.

You were obviously thinking of my cousin Patsy!!!

• Haha 1