Jump to content

1106 - The Proton Regeneration (November 2)


Recommended Posts

I liked the episode more than I enjoyed last two episodes as I laughed hard a few times. My favourite scenes were  the cold open and Howardette scenes. Howardette 's plot was very funny and it showed as they are always a great team as couple. Simon physical comedy cracked me up, especially the part Howard did not seem but he was running to his wife, LOL!

PP plot was nice and funny  regards the preparation of Sheldon to PP role with Amy's help and her try to be supportive to him. The WW /Sheldon interaction was like taking a few steps backwards in their relationship that imo was unnecessary. It was be back to old show stuff that was a bit pointless in this part of characters dynamic. I also think , and I like PP; that his scenes with Sheldon were a bit off compared with the funny dialogues PP and Sheldon used to have in Sheldon's dreams.

I did not like the tag. Actually while last season had great and hilarious tag scenes, this season they are weak so far...

I really enjoyed Penny's plot. It was about time she stood up for herself about the way her friends and sometimes her husband see her as if  she was not much  a responsible woman. The "mama" scene was very funny, although is only me that would live without Halley's "old" cry sound? I mean, for a baby she sounds like an old woman crying. If it softned a bit, it would be imo more realistic and less irritating, as we might have to live with her cries until the end of the show.

BTW, that Bell appstore was brilliant! I wished I could have it only to mess around my family and friends, LOL!

 

8 hours ago, Jonny said:

It's a weird season, just feels like a lot of things are off with it. Dialogue being one of them.

The dialogues this season  most of time get me cringe to the tv screen, unfortunately. Like when Sheldon said to WW that he could not know if he had a dog or not because he was such a good actor. Wha? :/

Edited by spidergirl
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awe, I never thought I would agree with Jessica Radloff on a Glamour review these days. But within this latest rather mediocre episode, Penny really made my day. "You hear that suckers? She called

JMO but there was too much Shamy for too long. Now they have gone a bit cold turkey on them. What's really left for Shamy? Though TPTB still are into Sheldon overkill mode.

So are they going to bring back some of this?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

It's a weird season, just feels like a lot of things are off with it. Dialogue being one of them.

I find it generally better than season 10 so far. It didn't have a great episode like "The Veracity Elasticity" but I enjoyed most of the episodes so far. I get why Shamys would be disappointed though. The last two seasons had so much Shamy (too much for me) and there ia certainly less now. The Lenny dialogue and vibe, on the other hand, is better, IMO (not great but compared to what we had it is better), which makes the show more enjoyable for me as last season I found myself annoyed with many episodes.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watched the episode ! I actually really liked Howard/Penny/Bernie interacting in their own plot.   Haha . Bernadette was so freaked out in the end !  Sheldon's plot was  better than last week but thats a low standard.

Edited by serena_1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bfm said:

I find it generally better than season 10 so far. It didn't have a great episode like "The Veracity Elasticity" but I enjoyed most of the episodes so far. I get why Shamys would be disappointed though. The last two seasons had so much Shamy (too much for me) and there ia certainly less now. The Lenny dialogue and vibe, on the other hand, is better, IMO (not great but compared to what we had it is better), which makes the show more enjoyable for me as last season I found myself annoyed with many episodes.

Oh yes, Lenny are definitely better off this season. But as you said, it's not a high bar to jump over. Howardette are a delight as always and their stories seem to write themselves at this point. Raj is still just 'there' which... Ugh. Shamy as such are okay but evidently put o the back burner for whatever reason.

The issue really comes with the obligatory Sheldon plots (can't get rid of those and for all that people feel the show is more balanced it really isn't when it comes to this aspect) that sound okay on paper but are executed with a ton of needless throwback jokes that belong into earlier seasons.

  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, April said:

Oh yes, Lenny are definitely better off this season. But as you said, it's not a high bar to jump over. Howardette are a delight as always and their stories seem to write themselves at this point. Raj is still just 'there' which... Ugh. Shamy as such are okay but evidently put o the back burner for whatever reason.

The issue really comes with the obligatory Sheldon plots (can't get rid of those and for all that people feel the show is more balanced it really isn't when it comes to this aspect) that sound okay on paper but are executed with a ton of needless throwback jokes that belong into earlier seasons.

I'm more than okay with Shamy put on the back burner because I think in the last two seasons it was way too much. That being said, I would like to see a bit more of them here and there (not as much as I would like to see more Lenny, their couple scenes are still almost nonexistent) and I think this dramatic change was too abrupt. 

I definitely agree that there is still too much Sheldon. Even when he doesn't have an A plot he is still a big part of the episode (e.g., "The Explosion Implosion"), as opposed to Leonard, the supposedly other main character, who is barely there when he doesn't have an A plot (e.g., this episode). I do think there is an improvement and others are given more of their own plots and are not only there as supporting players to Sheldon's plot (e.g., Leonard's interview saga, Penny and Beverly bonding, Lenny and the parenting book where Sheldon was more of an object, Bernadette using Sheldon for chores). I agree that the execution seemed quite off in many of the latest episode, and as I wrote by comparison I felt Jim more energetic and into it this week. The Wheaton rivalry did fall flat to me though. I think that instead of scratching their heads to find Sheldon's mishaps of the week they should allow for him to be more of a suppoting player at times and take the time to find something more interesting and fresh for him.

  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bfm said:

I find it generally better than season 10 so far. It didn't have a great episode like "The Veracity Elasticity" but I enjoyed most of the episodes so far. I get why Shamys would be disappointed though. The last two seasons had so much Shamy (too much for me) and there ia certainly less now. The Lenny dialogue and vibe, on the other hand, is better, IMO (not great but compared to what we had it is better), which makes the show more enjoyable for me as last season I found myself annoyed with many episodes.

Automatic assumption that because a Shamy has complaints about the season that it's purely about Shamy and how they are portrayed, well its not. If anyone thinks my complaints are purely about that then I can tell anyone who thinks that they are wide of the mark.

I haven't enjoyed the season so far in many ways and in many different aspects. Rehashing of old storyline, themes and gags which should have died years ago involving pretty much all the characters (Howardette are the only two characters I can say I am am personally happy with right now) is IMO dragging this season down.

But if people are enjoying it then I am happy for them, I'm just not.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Automatic assumption that because a Shamy has complaints about the season that it's purely about Shamy and how they are portrayed, well its not. If anyone thinks my complaints are purely about that then I can tell anyone who thinks that they are wide of the mark.

I haven't enjoyed the season so far in many ways and in many different aspects. Rehashing of old storyline, themes and gags which should have died years ago involving pretty much all the characters (Howardette are the only two characters I can say I am am personally happy with right now) is IMO dragging this season down.

But if people are enjoying it then I am happy for them, I'm just not.

I am completely with you about all the points you mentioned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Automatic assumption that because a Shamy has complaints about the season that it's purely about Shamy and how they are portrayed, well its not. If anyone thinks my complaints are purely about that then I can tell anyone who thinks that they are wide of the mark.

I haven't enjoyed the season so far in many ways and in many different aspects. Rehashing of old storyline, themes and gags which should have died years ago involving pretty much all the characters (Howardette are the only two characters I can say I am am personally happy with right now) is IMO dragging this season down.

But if people are enjoying it then I am happy for them, I'm just not.

I'm sorry it came off as making assumptions according to your ship. I said "Shamys" and not you to try and avoid it sounding like that but it was hard. What I was trying to do is raise a possibility for why some (most of the members I think? I didn't count but I think there are more Shamys) may not like this season, as this is one of the major differences I see between season 11 and season 10. Season 10 had many rehashed stories and gags so do not think about it as a major difference. Sorry again for my comment appearing to make assumptions about you.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bfm said:

I'm sorry it came off as making assumptions according to your ship. I said "Shamys" and not you to try and avoid it sounding like that but it was hard. What I was trying to do is raise a possibility for why some (most of the members I think? I didn't count but I think there are more Shamys) may not like this season, as this is one of the major differences I see between season 11 and season 10. Season 10 had many rehashed stories and gags so do not think about it as a major difference. Sorry again for my comment appearing to make assumptions about you.

For me, a Lenny, this season is markedly better than seasons 8, 9 and 10. Even though there are some re-hashed jokes there is a feeling I’m getting if hope and a more wide-open sense of things to come. Just me I know. In the past few seasons I felt a feeling of claustrophobia and now that is gone.

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bfm said:

I'm more than okay with Shamy put on the back burner because I think in the last two seasons it was way too much. That being said, I would like to see a bit more of them here and there (not as much as I would like to see more Lenny, their couple scenes are still almost nonexistent) and I think this dramatic change was too abrupt. 

I definitely agree that there is still too much Sheldon. Even when he doesn't have an A plot he is still a big part of the episode (e.g., "The Explosion Implosion"), as opposed to Leonard, the supposedly other main character, who is barely there when he doesn't have an A plot (e.g., this episode). I do think there is an improvement and others are given more of their own plots and are not only there as supporting players to Sheldon's plot (e.g., Leonard's interview saga, Penny and Beverly bonding, Lenny and the parenting book where Sheldon was more of an object, Bernadette using Sheldon for chores). I agree that the execution seemed quite off in many of the latest episode, and as I wrote by comparison I felt Jim more energetic and into it this week. The Wheaton rivalry did fall flat to me though. I think that instead of scratching their heads to find Sheldon's mishaps of the week they should allow for him to be more of a suppoting player at times and take the time to find something more interesting and fresh for him.

Yeah, as I've said plenty times before, I don't have a problem with Shamy being put on the back burner as such cause as most of us Shamy fans agree we've been spoiled by S10 and keeping that momentum up would be a bit much for the show. Completely hitting the brakes though just feels like the old times nobody was missing.

In general though the issue is more with that we still get a ton of Sheldon but this time with many more jokes that the characters should have outgrown by now. I mean, sure, we always got a few of those here or there with Sheldon (the infamously predictable "Sheldon will always be Sheldon" moments) but in this new season it feels a bit much with him. And I guess in part the reason seems to be the lack of Shamy cause this weird vintage Sheldon side seems to come out especially when he's away from Amy (i.e. being Lenny's baby, being mean to Howard for no reason, etc).

So basically, I think I'd be happier if they'd slash Sheldon's solo plots and let him be a supporting character and maybe let him and Amy do their quirky relationship things in the background.

Edited by April
  • Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Just feels like they have shifted to launch mode for the new series. It puts Sheldon in the center even more than usual.

 

I've seen two episodes of YS and he's nothing like Sheldon really. A few quirks and interests are the same, but I don't think its a case of having Sheldon quite frankly act like a bit of a dick again so that it ties in well with the other show.

They say they are very much separate entities and they want the other show to survive on its own merits and so far I would agree with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I've seen two episodes of YS and he's nothing like Sheldon really. A few quirks and interests are the same, but I don't think its a case of having Sheldon quite frankly act like a bit of a dick again so that it ties in well with the other show.

They say they are very much separate entities and they want the other show to survive on its own merits and so far I would agree with that.

We had rockets in season 11 then rockets in YS. Now we have PP in s11 and I'll bet we will soon see PP in YS.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheldon  showed more empathy and seemed more likable in The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary (in season 3) than in THIS episode of season 11. Back then, Sheldon let Will win, because he felt sorry his grandmother died.

Sheldon’s words -No. I came here to defeat Will Wheaton, the man who destroyed my dreams. But I can’t defeat Will Wheaton, the man who loved his mee-maw.

 Sheldon loved his Meemaw and he fell for Will’s lie. The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary is iconic and interesting imo,  because it has an evil emotionally manipulative twist at the end. Will was set up as a comical “villain” and Sheldon and Raj were funny characters you could root for. And thats partially why Sheldon’s scream and anger at the end was well received and popular. Will got under his nerves and it was funny.  

Flash forward to Season 11 and now its Sheldon acting like a jerk whereas Will was being normal and reasonable ( he was just doing his acting job). So now, that joke no longer works (atleast for me). Its like Sheldon actually went backwards in this.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Sheldon  showed more empathy and seemed more likable in The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary (in season 3) than in THIS episode of season 11. Back then, Sheldon let Will win, because he felt sorry his grandmother died.

Sheldon’s words -No. I came here to defeat Will Wheaton, the man who destroyed my dreams. But I can’t defeat Will Wheaton, the man who loved his mee-maw.

 Sheldon loved his Meemaw and he fell for Will’s lie. The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary is iconic and interesting imo,  because it has an evil emotionally manipulative twist at the end. Will was set up as a comical “villain” and Sheldon and Raj were funny characters you could root for. And thats partially why Sheldon’s scream and anger at the end was well received and popular. Will got under his nerves and it was funny.  

Flash forward to Season 11 and now its Sheldon acting like a jerk whereas Will was being normal and reasonable ( he was just doing his acting job). So now, that joke no longer works (atleast for me). Its like Sheldon actually went backwards in this.

Funny. My reaction was quite different. Back in season three Sheldon's scream just conjured up a memory of a most hated bad star trek movie. ug. Now in season 11 that season 3 scene has thankfully replaced the earlier crappy memory (for the most part). For me the campy nonsense has a little nostalgia value now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

Funny. My reaction was quite different. Back in season three Sheldon's scream just conjured up a memory of a most hated bad star trek movie. ug. Now in season 11 that season 3 scene has thankfully replaced the earlier crappy memory (for the most part). For me the campy nonsense has a little nostalgia value now.

Wait, you hated Wrath of Khan???

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, April said:

Wait, you hated Wrath of Khan???

Absolutely. The original star Trek series had been my favorite tv series from when it first aired  at least until the first movies started to appear. I still like the Spock character as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy. After the series of crummy movies I never had an interest in newer Star Trek stuff. "Space Seed" was not an episode I liked much either.

Edited by djsurrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Absolutely. The original star Trek series had been my favorite tv series from when it first aired  at least until the first movies started to appear. I still like the Spock character as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy. After the series of crummy movies I never had an interest in newer Star Trek stuff. 

Oh boy.... O_o

Mulderopinion.gif.5bb6c58d40ed544c32c1450f3cba5ba5.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2017 at 4:53 AM, Shelldon said:

-Raj is finally going to get a close look at Howard's genitalia.

He's already seen Howard's genitals, on more than one occasion.

On 03/11/2017 at 12:31 PM, Capt. Hilts said:

the woman who had sex with all the guys but Sheldon

AKA Dr. Elizabeth 'Slut bunny' Plimpton.

42 minutes ago, April said:

Wait, you hated Wrath of Khan???

:crazy:

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's still considered by many (myself included) to be the best Trek film they ever made lol

I too, consider it the best ST movie ever made.

35 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

"Space Seed" was not an episode I liked much either.

I wasn't overly impressed with it (it was an OK episode, but there were better ones), but, without it, there wouldn't have been TWOK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.