1107 - The Geology Methodology (November 9)

Tripper

After seeing the episode one more time, I had another thought: Since when they were struggling to put their highly paid stars on set (is Leonard even in the show anymore, is Johnny Galecki a guest star now, seriously?). :scratchhead:

l_207.gif.68f6784bd5515033d52a441321b87bbd.gif

Edited by veejay

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, veejay said:

After seeing the episode one more time, I had another thought: Since when they were struggling to put their highly paid stars on set (is Leonard even in the show anymore, is Johnny Galecki a guest star now, seriously?). :scratchhead:

He is always around but Amy and Penny react to Sheldon and Howard is the Dad so Leonard is just needed as Penny's Husband (or she would be out of there).
His role seems smaller than before but would hate to see Leonard Switched out like Darrin.

dick-york-dick-sargent-bewitched-abc-042016.jpg.5b4d62e936384d43efcb9b9626ec8b6c.jpg

Edited by djsurrey

7 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Funny, with this episode I thought we saw something new. Bert closing the door in Sheldon's face.

Yes and Penny getting firm about his silly reputation question, not to mention his own reference to himself as the mean boy. Let's hope this refusal by other people to put up with his carp as they grow up continues. It's a glimmer of hope that an idea will be built on.  I thought the way Sheldon approached  Penny was a bit of a throw-back though. 

6 hours ago, veejay said:

Certainly feels like it... They could have made Johnny and Kaley recurring, they are barley there!

On 11/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, joyceraye said:

Sheldon knows Penny was promiscuous, just as we know, although we've not heard her talking to Sheldon about the things she told the girls.

I wonder if he's ever slut-shamed Raj about his behaviour ?

He thinks she was and the writers have played with that concept a LONG time and she hasn't fought back. I agree totally that there should have been more comment when Raj was dating two girls at least.

I agree with everyone who has said Sheldon's not being sexual about Bert, but about cheating on physics with Geology,

I want Ruchi back. I think this character has potential and I desperately want Raj to have something to do besides be in everyone else's way.

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Wondering if JG has been spending time on the reboot of Roseanne?

He still has to be there for tapings, even if he doesn't have much to do. That being said, he could still do a Roseanne appearance.

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Going into this episode he did have the second most screen time iirc? Of course screen-time doesn't guarantee quality.

But the difference between him and Sheldon was tremendous (and maybe got larger with this one) while the difference between him and Amy was very small. Leonard's screen time used to be so much closer to Sheldon's. I also feel* that whenever Leonard gets an A plot Sheldon has a B plot or takes a big part in Leonard's plot, while Leonard is barely there when Sheldon has an A plot.

*I didn't go @Tensor on it so I can't say it's a fact.

Edited by bfm

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Going into this episode he did have the second most screen time iirc?

Yes.
Character Screen Time

On Friday, Johnny was at the taping of his production "Living Biblically". A member of another forum was at the taping. After the the curtain call, when everything was wrapped, a church choir that was in a scene sang for the audience. Johnny was very touched and emotional while the choir sang.

OF course Quantity does not = Quality. And does not compare to the sky rocketed screen time Sheldon has got this year. Gahh he is getting big. Sheldon won't be able to fit into the room soon LOL. OF course even when Leonard get''s an A Plot. Sheldon still gets an equal or bigger one. 

And of course Sheldon is a jerk for what he does in the next episode. Not showing the common courtesy to tell Leonard and Howard. Is really low even for Sheldon. SO not buying Leonard is a jerk here lol. Please. 

With repairs to my house, I'm running behind on some things here.   Sheldon and Raj tied for the most time in the episode, at 10:30, with Howard at 6:45  and Johnny at 4:05 and None of the women had over three minutes (A=2:15, B= 1:00, and P= 2:55).  I take that back, Ruchi had more time than each of the others woman, and Johnny at 4:10.  Raj and Ruchi had 4:10 total and 3:00 alone.  That was more than all three of the other couples, combined.  

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

With repairs to my house, I'm running behind on some things here.   Sheldon and Raj tied for the most time in the episode, at 10:30, with Howard at 6:45  and Johnny at 4:05 and None of the women had over three minutes (A=2:15, B= 1:00, and P= 2:55).  I take that back, Ruchi had more time than each of the others woman, and Johnny at 4:10.  Raj and Ruchi had 4:10 total and 3:00 alone.  That was more than all three of the other couples, combined.  

Y05xg.gif

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

OF course Quantity does not = Quality. And does not compare to the sky rocketed screen time Sheldon has got this year. Gahh he is getting big. Sheldon won't be able to fit into the room soon LOL. OF course even when Leonard get''s an A Plot. Sheldon still gets an equal or bigger one. 

And of course Sheldon is a jerk for what he does in the next episode. Not showing the common courtesy to tell Leonard and Howard. Is really low even for Sheldon. SO not buying Leonard is a jerk here lol. Please. 

We've not heard much about episode 11.08  so far. We don't know yet whether it is about common courtesy or about keeping an official secret. Sheldon had quite a scare when he left his notebook in a bar. He might just be being over-cautious this time. Whether he'll be a jerk or just muddled as to the right thing to do are equally likely, I'd say. I wouldn't put money on either possibility at this stage. 

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

We've not heard much about episode 11.08  so far. We don't know yet whether it is about common courtesy or about keeping an official secret. Sheldon had quite a scare when he left his notebook in a bar. He might just be being over-cautious this time. Whether he'll be a jerk or just muddled as to the right thing to do are equally likely, I'd say. I wouldn't put money on either possibility at this stage. 

Lol i would the whole show he has been a jerk to Leonard. So why would this be any different. He took credit for their collobaration in Season 8 diddnt he. Sheldon does not like giving credit 

14 hours ago, joyceraye said:

When it comes to Sheldon keeping secrets the writing is a mess. For most of the show he can't keep anything to himself but here and there we find out he has been keeping big stuff for long. 

19 hours ago, Tensor said:

I don't mind Ruchi and Rachi(?)  getting a lot of screen time for one episode since their relationship has to be built but goodness forbid any of this time will be on Sheldon's expense :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by bfm

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

When it comes to Sheldon keeping secrets the writing is a mess. For most of the show he can't keep anything to himself but here and there we find out he has been keeping big stuff for long. 

What you mean like lying to Amy for a long time about getting his driving license. So Amy could drive him around? LOL. He is so selfless. 

11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Thank you. I would like to actually see this before I decide how I feel about it.

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

What you mean like lying to Amy for a long time about getting his driving license. So Amy could drive him around? LOL. He is so selfless. 

I am not sure that was a lie. More what is known as a sin of omission. He seems to be terrible at lying, but if he doesn't have to talk about something and doesn't, he seems a bit better at that sometimes. But these writers can pull anything out of the air. You never know how it's going to go.

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Thank you. I would like to actually see this before I decide how I feel about it.

I am not sure that was a lie. More what is known as a sin of omission. He seems to be terrible at lying, but if he doesn't have to talk about something and doesn't, he seems a bit better at that sometimes. But these writers can pull anything out of the air. You never know how it's going to go.

He couldn't keep his previous classified project to himself... 

12 minutes ago, April said:

Please fill in the blanks cause I don't know what you're talking about.

S. 2, I think,  Sheldon said Penny that he was offered to work in a secret military facility somewhere and he refused to take the job because he couldn't keep a secret, as telling Penny about the secret military facility showed.

Edited by mirs1