The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

102 'Rockets, Communists, and the Dewey Decimal System' (November 2)

So basically "The Friendship Alrgorithm", just with a different goal? And in that episode using a book is a new idea to him, with his eidetic memory the way it is depicted in the show (i.e., he remembers every single thing) you'd think he would remember he did that at 9...

24 minutes ago, bfm said:

So basically "The Friendship Alrgorithm", just with a different goal? And in that episode using a book is a new idea to him, with his eidetic memory the way it is depicted in the show (i.e., he remembers every single thing) you'd think he would remember he did that at 9...

It would be cool if "adult" Sheldon remembers it in the commentary Jim's makes to the scenes, I guess it's the best they can do for keeping continuity, it's not like they can reshoot that TBBT episode.  BTW, who thinks that the "rocket" part will be a reference to 11.4? Maybe we'll see how young Sheldon burnt his garage with a model rocket...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It would be cool if "adult" Sheldon remembers it in the commentary Jim's makes to the scenes, I guess it's the best they can do for keeping continuity, it's not like they can reshoot that TBBT episode.  BTW, who thinks that the "rocket" part will be a reference to 11.4? Maybe we'll see how young Sheldon burnt his garage with a model rocket...

I believe it might be because it was very detailed told by Sheldon.  At this timeline of the show it could have been told for an upcoming  YS episode. Imo it would be interisting to see younger Sheldon doing that. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Agree on the commentary part, not sure about the rocket part...It has Communists on its title too, maybe it's about something(s) that happened at the time or Sheldon's take on it (e.g., "I am learning about rockets to fortify our country because Father says the Communists are plotting to take over"...something like that...) 

3 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I believe it might be because it was very detailed told by Sheldon.  At this timeline of the show it could have been told for an upcoming  YS episode. Imo it would be interisting to see younger Sheldon doing that. 

Jim in one interview said there was something happened in a YS episode that was later on mentioned in a TBBT one, the timing of the interview fits with 11.4 taping, that's why I thought it might be it. Let's see. TBH, it this is the kind of "contamination" between the two shows (little anecdotes) I'm ok with it and it can be funny. It's about harmless things, after all, and doesn't seem to effect TBBT canon. I hope it stays this way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Jim in one interview said there was something happened in a YS episode that was later on mentioned in a TBBT one, the timing of the interview fits with 11.4 taping, that's why I thought it might be it. Let's see. TBH, it this is the kind of "contamination" between the two shows (little anecdotes) I'm ok with it and it can be funny.

Same here. Because as we watch things that make part of Sheldon's memories or even less happy memories that had influence on Sheldon's personality for me, as viewer and tbbt fan, it would be very interisting. And they can do it without messinģ canon stuff though. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed this episode. There were snippets where Mary really fit well with the character in TBBT.

I actually enjoyed it more than this weeks TBBT which seemed to lack originality.

• Like 1

I thought it was good, better than the previous one!

Missy's idea was great, even though it didn't work. And Sheldon trying to implement what he learned was funny.

Shedlon's joke "i'm having a hard time adjusting to earth" - It was a joke but for me it also rang quite painful. He has a hard time understanding the ways in which people act and interact, which makes his life difficult.

Oh and I love the intro!

Edited by bfm
Fixed a word
  • Like 3

I loved the episode! Young Mary during the dinner was exactly like adult Mary,  she said the same words years lated Mary would have said to Raj.Also I loved that Sheldon looked really IC, even if he was in quest of a friend it was clear he didn't care about it, but did it for his mother.  This angle makes it easy to have him interact with other kids without going OOC. TBH, I liked this episode better than the TBBT one.

• Like 3

For this episode, it's premiere on Thursday night, Young Sheldon pulled in a 8.2 household rating, with a 13 share.   It retained 93% of The Big Bang Theory's audience.  This is 61% higher than last years occupant of the time slot after TBBT.  Last year,  The Great Indoors had a 5.1 Household rating, with an 8 share.  The comparison report for last night's top three programs in Household ratings can be found here.

• Like 5

Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 03 November, 2017

This episode brought in a 2.4 demo (18-49), with 13.30 million viewers.  This was down 1.3 points in demo, and 3.27 million viewers.    In the 18-34 demo, it had a 1.3 (down six tenths) and in the 25-54 demo, it had a 3.8 (down 1.5).

Due to the broadcast of the NFL on CBS in the New York and Buffalo markets, there may be some adjustments to the numbers in the finals.    

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.

I'll put up the finals when they come in.  

• Like 4

Final Ratings for 03 November, 2017, for broadcasts on 02 November 2017.

This episode brought in a 2.2 demo (18-49), with 13.30 12.66 million viewers.  This was down two tenths in demo, and 640,000 viewers from the overnights.   This was down 1.6 in demo and down 4.55 million from the premiere.    However, to be fair, it's lead in was down 1.4 in demo and down 3.51 million viewers.   Also the broadcast of the NFL on CBS in the New York , the nations largest market cost it some demo and viewers

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.

• Like 3

I watched it. I liked the girl who plays Missy and of course Mary is played perfectly. I see some potential in the Vietnamese kid. But not enough to care about the show. I gave it what I think is a fair shot, but to me it's a horrible show. If I'm home and it's on I might watch some of it, but I'm not going to sit around waiting for it or specifically plan to watch it.

20 minutes ago, Tensor said:

This episode brought in a 2.2 demo (18-49), with 13.30 12.66 million viewers.

As far as it being the best new show of the season, as they stated, how does it compare to The Good Doctor? That show is getting a heck of a lot of buzz and I really do think it's good.

• Like 1

Young Sheldon still has a higher average rating, an considering its leadin, will likely stay there.  I think, without the pre-emptions, it would have been around 2.4.  Remember, only three shows made it to a 2.0 this week. 

I really enjoyed this episode. IMO it was much better than pilot as the interactions between Sheldon and others characters were more into the tone used by adult Sheldon as he told about his childhood memories/traumas/events. The whole "how to make a friend "book was great and  the whole dinner scene was very spot on about how weird and awkard were Cooper's interactions among themselves and with others. Mary innapropriate comments were very canon as the facts that brought FBI to Cooper's place looking for Sheldon. Gosh, that rocket flying through the living room as the FBI stepped in to the Cooper's place cracked me up so much,LOL!

Looking foward to watching next episode!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1