The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1109 - The Bitcoin Entanglement (November 30)

2 hours ago, veejay said:

To be honest, I have no idea at this time of the series whether Sheldon is capable of anything reasonable.

Last season was shown he was capable of it in some situations. This season things are a bit different but they could have an intention we had not see yet which is for Sheldon 's backward kind of unreasonable behavior especially towards his friends. Well I hope it at least for some weird plots make sense in ending of the season.

Btw, happy Birthday, @veejay I hope you have a great one! :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

People aren't recognisable without their uniform. She said her name was Bernadette.

I didn't mention Penny being recognised, with or without her uniform.

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sheldon met Amy in 3.23 and Penny met Amy in 4.1 that's if you follow the pre-existing timeline.

I think I just said that. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, April said:

Because she's a scatter brained waitress who can't even remember the right order she took from her customers 5min ago - what makes you think she remembers a random weirdo like Amy?

LOL! That's what I thought but I tried to be more diplomatic about it. Too bad they never did develop a machine that spits on your hamburger.

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sheldon met Amy in 3.23 and Penny met Amy in 4.1 that's if you follow the pre-existing timeline.

Yes, Penny didn't know he had a girlfriend at first. He was talking to Amy online and texting Amy for a long time before Penny found out about her.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

It's funny when you can pinpoint the episodes they took Mrs. Wolowitz's (Carol Ann Susi's) dialogue from...

"Are you boys roughhousing?" - "The Bad Fish Paradigm," Season 2

"Excuse me, mister grown-up." - "The Pancake Batter Anomaly," Season 1

"Howard, I made cookies for you and your little friends." - "The Robotic Manipulation," Season 4

As for Amy being at The Cheesecake Factory, I thought she dated once a year back then in exchange for using her mother's George Foreman grill. I guess she could have had more than one date. But, since she met Sheldon in the season 3 finale, I would have thought that was her date for the year.

• Like 6

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:51 AM, joyceraye said:

The most illogical thing to me in this episode was Stuart's finding the Batman pen drive and deciding to erase it and sell it. Wouldn't he have checked what was on it to see if it contained a clue as to who it belonged to ? If it didn't, wouldn't he have put it on the counter for a couple of weeks to see if it was claimed ?

When Leonard lost it, why didn't he ask in places he'd been if anyone had found it ? He didn't know about the Bitcoin folder but there would be other stuff he'd need. Keeping something that belongs to a customer is beyond the pale for a shopkeeper. That really is awful. I hope it turns out Stuart was being rhetorical and it's in the safe all the time.

All the questions you pose are logical and reasonable, but no good outcome is to be expected from the writers when they decide to mail it in, are being lazy, and can't even be bothered with doing something as basic as respecting canon. Very disappointing (lack of) effort on their part.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, spidergirl said:

And last but not least, Amy's presence be beyond belief, I dont agree. The girl have dated other guys before she met Sheldon and TCF was a good place for a date as any other.

I'm sorry but Amy's inclusion in the flashback makes absolutely no sense. She met Penny before, and never mentioned it afterwards? Like...ever? Or was it also something that happened off camera? Man.. I'm going to have to start to watch that show because it's way better than TBBT these days.

• Like 1

Okay so about the Flashback scene. It does make sense if you think about. They all work at CalTech in Pasadena where Cheesecake Factory was that Penny and Bernadette work Penny and Amy didn't meet until 4.1 and we don't know how much time there was between the end of season3 and Season 4. definitely not a lot.  It could be this was after she met Sheldon but before she met Penny not knowing she knew Sheldon.   Sheldon met Amy 

Remeber Penny told Amy her name was Bernadette and Hair was up a Bun that day at cheesecake factory and was in her waitress Uniform. 

22 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Well,  as usuall you and I dont agree about the show, @3ku11 and @Chrismo. I guess this episode would not be different. 

We have very different takes on plots and characters. That 's okay. Be in agreement with it is not a rule for chatting here so that's cool. These were just my opinions , they are valuable for me but could not be much for mostly of posters though. 

You are right about disagreeing with other people, but there is a point that @joyceraye made, and it is that that was a Sheldon recollection, and therefore Amy's presence shouldn't have been included.

6 hours ago, April said:

At most he saw the back of her head so no reason why he should recognise her face when they met in 3x23.

If he just saw the back of her head, how could he recollect her perfectly in his flashback, and include the conversation she had with Penny?

17 minutes ago, Carlos said:

All the questions you pose are logical and reasonable, but no good outcome is to be expected from the writers when they decide to mail it in, are being lazy, and can't even be bothered with doing something as basic as respecting canon. Very disappointing (lack of) effort on their part.

I'm sorry but Amy's inclusion in the flashback makes absolutely no sense. She met Penny before, and never mentioned it afterwards? Like...ever? Or was it also something that happened off camera? Man.. I'm going to have to start to watch that show because it's way better than TBBT these days.

It makes sense as I wrote in my post. She only talks to Penny one time. I don't remember half the people I half talk to over the years and I don't remember anyone name who has been my waiter or waitress in a Resturant.  I wouldn't remember someone had been my Waiter in a restaurant once if I saw them in a supermarket or something. That not something anyone really remembers.  Penny and Amy only met in passing. For all we know off screen they realize they met before. 

Do you remember who served at a diner or Restaurant  3 Months ago? what was their name? 

29 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I wouldn't remember someone had been my Waiter in a restaurant once if I saw them in a supermarket or something. That not something anyone really remembers.

But Penny should remember Amy, given that she was "sooooo annoying", and had Penny take her photo, just so she could convince her mother she was on a date.

That has to be pretty memorable.

It's funny people call Penny scatter brained. Isn't Amy more scatter brained  for not only not  remembering Penny but also not remember being in TCF?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

It's funny when you can pinpoint the episodes they took Mrs. Wolowitz's (Carol Ann Susi's) dialogue from...

"Are you boys roughhousing?" - "The Bad Fish Paradigm," Season 2

"Excuse me, mister grown-up." - "The Pancake Batter Anomaly," Season 1

"Howard, I made cookies for you and your little friends." - "The Robotic Manipulation," Season 4

As for Amy being at The Cheesecake Factory, I thought she dated once a year back then in exchange for using her mother's George Foreman grill. I guess she could have had more than one date. But, since she met Sheldon in the season 3 finale, I would have thought that was her date for the year.

We don't know that Sheldon was the first of Amy's dates that year. She'd agreed to date at least once a year but she wasn't restricted to only one. Several men might have responded to her profile online before she saw Sheldon's entry and liked the look of it.

26 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

We don't know that Sheldon was the first of Amy's dates that year.

Actually, I think we do.

From The Lunar Excitation:-

In any case, I’m here because my mother and I have agreed that I will date at least once a year.

If she'd already had a previous date (or dates) that year, she wouldn't be explaining she was there, because of her agreement with her mother.

The way it is phrased, very much suggests she was there out of an obligation to her mother, rather than through her own choice.

26 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

before she saw Sheldon's entry and liked the look of it.

Although it was actually Howard and Raj's entry.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

IT does not fit in the timeline Amy being their. She has one date a year. She dated Sheldon 3.24. Surley she would of been aware Sheldon was sitting behind her? Penny diddn't interact with her, like she knew her. More just a customer she diddn't want to serve. Amy's first visit to the CCF was 4x03 The Zazzi Subsitution. And in that episode she clearly was on speaking terms with everyone. In this flashback though she was not.

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Actually, I think we do.

From The Lunar Excitation:-

In any case, I’m here because my mother and I have agreed that I will date at least once a year.

If she'd already had a previous date (or dates) that year, she wouldn't be explaining she was there, because of her agreement with her mother.

The way it is phrased, very much suggests she was there out of an obligation to her mother, rather than through her own choice.

Although it was actually Howard and Raj's entry.

Howard and Raj did make Sheldon seem appealing. Amy was looking for someone to donate sperm for her idea of a new superior species, not just for a date that pleased her mother.

4 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

It makes sense as I wrote in my post. She only talks to Penny one time. I don't remember half the people I half talk to over the years and I don't remember anyone name who has been my waiter or waitress in a Resturant.  I wouldn't remember someone had been my Waiter in a restaurant once if I saw them in a supermarket or something. That not something anyone really remembers.  Penny and Amy only met in passing. For all we know off screen they realize they met before. 

Do you remember who served at a diner or Restaurant  3 Months ago? what was their name? 

I didn't recognise my dental nurse when I saw her in the street without her white coat. I'd known her 20 years at the time.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

You are right about disagreeing with other people, but there is a point that @joyceraye made, and it is that that was a Sheldon recollection, and therefore Amy's presence shouldn't have been included.

You may be right but I saw it by another perspective. It doesnt mean mine is right ( most of time I feel most of the posters here dont agree with my thoughts about the show  but that 's another matter) as I only shared my opinion. It is not a big deal as I am not an expert about the show , I only share my thoughts and feelings about it.

Edited by spidergirl
Text was improved
  • Like 2

I agree that Sheldon's recollection shouldn't have included Amy (at least not her appearance), in the same way his recollection of events in Holiday Summation didn't include what was said by Amy and his mother, after he had gone to his room.

• Like 1

One of the things that bugs me, We had several episodes about money desperation and they only remembered the Bitcoin in this ep?

Leonard's student loan debt.

Howard worried about being able to afford a child.

RaJ being cut off by his father and having to severely pare back his spending.

All of them experience some sort of financial crisis and completely forget about the Bitcoin until now?

• Like 6

Amy in the flashback made no sense, I reckon she should of been in the background and not really interacted with any of them. A small little cameo, but interacting with Penny was a big plot hole. 

But she talked to her one time though and said little to her. In real life this does happen. You bump into people, you won't remember every conversation. And in fact you might meet years later again, and really not remember having meet them before. 

I mean nobody really remembers every single person they have meet in life and spoke 2 words too. Do we really remember every customer or waitress who we ever meet before. 

Edited by wonder63
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

One of the things that bugs me, We had several episodes about money desperation and they only remembered the Bitcoin in this ep?

Howard worried about being able to afford a child.

RaJ being cut off by his father and having to severely pare back his spending.

All of them experience some sort of financial crisis and completely forget about the Bitcoin until now.

Well Sheldon has only just seen the article and sent it to them. Without him they haven't thought of it. :)

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

At least once a year doesn't mean she was forbidden from dating more than once.

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon reminded them. If he had not, they wouldn't have given it another thought.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I would if I ask them to take a photo of me and (in my case) my wife, and I saw them again.

1 hour ago, wonder63 said:

Amy in the flashback made no sense, I reckon she should of been in the background and not really interacted with any of them. A small little cameo, but interacting with Penny was a big plot hole. 

But she talked to her one time though and said little to her. In real life this does happen. You bump into people, you won't remember every conversation. And in fact you might meet years later again, and really not remember having meet them before. 

I mean nobody really remembers every single person they have meet in life and spoke 2 words too. Do we really remember every customer or waitress who we ever meet before. 

The bigger problem is that when she went to CCF with Sheldon and the group she didn't remember ever being there.

25 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

While true having the picture  taken suggests it was once a year. Proof for her mother.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

True, but, if she'd already had a previous date (or dates) that year, her comment, about her agreement with her mother, wouldn't make sense.

• Like 1