Jump to content

1109 - The Bitcoin Entanglement (November 30)


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

At least once a year doesn't mean she was forbidden from dating more than once.

Yes, but the fact that she even mentions it makes it seem like more of a chore for her than something she does voluntarily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also didn't take a picture of her and Sheldon together as proof of a date, like she did with her date at Bitcoin.  Does that mean that she was actually interested in Sheldon, but used the once a year line as to not let on she was interested?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

She also didn't take a picture of her and Sheldon together as proof of a date, like she did with her date at Bitcoin.  Does that mean that she was actually interested in Sheldon, but used the once a year line as to not let on she was interested?  

How do you know she didn't? We didn't see all of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just an example of the writers taking a recent news craze vaguely related to nerd culture and then crapping it into an episode.

With only a season and a half left, they've probably been dying to do an episode where every character is in their old school stage. Nostalgia-rama and only the people on this forum are likely to recognize timeline errors.

Know what would've been funnier with the ending? Stuart actually benefiting from the drive. Maybe finding it in present day after his begging earlier in the episode. Instead we get a tag that is basically just spreading the loss around further. Change Stuart's status quo and have him lie about how he came into the money. Surely, there's more to do with that.

Would've liked a flashback to Comic Con with Leonard in a Pikachu costume. Visual gag instead of throwaway lines. Have the actors commit.

Tik-Tok was a big earworm in middle school. Raj is also right that we don't need 4 more Avatar movies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bfm said:

How do you know she didn't? We didn't see all of it.

This is true.

As for her having one date a year, maybe she was intrigued by the way Howard and Raj had Sheldon's dating page put together and just went for the heck of it thinking it would please her mother if she went out again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a great episode. Like the programme makers were trying to please me for once. Loved the part about the video Penny made after breaking up with Leonard - and what she told Sheldon thru the door. And funny, sharp jokes throughout.  It's as though TBBT is mostly written by interns these days and the real writers only show up for the occasional ep. This was one of those. Lots of Lovely Lenny Love. And Zack is always a joy. Best ep for several seasons IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So why didn't Amy remember Penny?

Because not everyone remembers every random waitress they had just like you apparently don't remember that others already answered that question. Seriously, it was a pretty brief encounter, Penny didn't use her real name and Amy wasn't exactly the kind who'd care back then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, April said:

Because not everyone remembers every random waitress they had just like you apparently don't remember that others already answered that question. Seriously, it was a pretty brief encounter, Penny didn't use her real name and Amy wasn't exactly the kind who'd care back then.

Very true. We don't know that Amy didn't recognise her. At first she only saw the back of her head. She might not have thought it worth mentioning when they were at the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Which episode was that ?

The one where Sheldon and Amy go on a date, accompanied by Penny.

Also, since Amy was on a date in this episode, doesn't that mean she was still having dates with other men, when she was hanging out with Sheldon and the gang, and indeed when she pretended to her mother, that she was having sex with Sheldon?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The one where Sheldon and Amy go on a date, accompanied by Penny.

Also, since Amy was on a date in this episode, doesn't that mean she was still having dates with other men, when she was hanging out with Sheldon and the gang, and indeed when she pretended to her mother, that she was having sex with Sheldon?

I don't see why not. Amy and Sheldon were just friends at this stage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Also, since Amy was on a date in this episode, doesn't that mean she was still having dates with other men, when she was hanging out with Sheldon and the gang, and indeed when she pretended to her mother, that she was having sex with Sheldon?

TBBTnono.gif.56f4ccf2e1844ea5e5306f39676a8247.gif

The whole point of Sheldon pretending to be her boyfriend was that she wanted her mother stop bugging her about going onto other dates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.