Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1109 - The Bitcoin Entanglement (November 30)

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

At least once a year doesn't mean she was forbidden from dating more than once.

Yes, but the fact that she even mentions it makes it seem like more of a chore for her than something she does voluntarily.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She also didn't take a picture of her and Sheldon together as proof of a date, like she did with her date at Bitcoin.  Does that mean that she was actually interested in Sheldon, but used the once a year line as to not let on she was interested?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

She also didn't take a picture of her and Sheldon together as proof of a date, like she did with her date at Bitcoin.  Does that mean that she was actually interested in Sheldon, but used the once a year line as to not let on she was interested?  

How do you know she didn't? We didn't see all of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an example of the writers taking a recent news craze vaguely related to nerd culture and then crapping it into an episode.

With only a season and a half left, they've probably been dying to do an episode where every character is in their old school stage. Nostalgia-rama and only the people on this forum are likely to recognize timeline errors.

Know what would've been funnier with the ending? Stuart actually benefiting from the drive. Maybe finding it in present day after his begging earlier in the episode. Instead we get a tag that is basically just spreading the loss around further. Change Stuart's status quo and have him lie about how he came into the money. Surely, there's more to do with that.

Would've liked a flashback to Comic Con with Leonard in a Pikachu costume. Visual gag instead of throwaway lines. Have the actors commit.

Tik-Tok was a big earworm in middle school. Raj is also right that we don't need 4 more Avatar movies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bfm said:

How do you know she didn't? We didn't see all of it.

This is true.

As for her having one date a year, maybe she was intrigued by the way Howard and Raj had Sheldon's dating page put together and just went for the heck of it thinking it would please her mother if she went out again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great episode. Like the programme makers were trying to please me for once. Loved the part about the video Penny made after breaking up with Leonard - and what she told Sheldon thru the door. And funny, sharp jokes throughout.  It's as though TBBT is mostly written by interns these days and the real writers only show up for the occasional ep. This was one of those. Lots of Lovely Lenny Love. And Zack is always a joy. Best ep for several seasons IMO.

  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I particularly liked was that the story was formally about the search for the bitcoin but actually had a lot of focus on Penny for once.

  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2017 at 12:51 PM, April said:

Because she's a scatter brained waitress who can't even remember the right order she took from her customers 5min ago

So why didn't Amy remember Penny?

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So why didn't Amy remember Penny?

Because not everyone remembers every random waitress they had just like you apparently don't remember that others already answered that question. Seriously, it was a pretty brief encounter, Penny didn't use her real name and Amy wasn't exactly the kind who'd care back then.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So why didn't Amy remember Penny?

Seriously? Who'd remember a waitress from a restaurant they only popped into once just to take a picture to please their mother?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, April said:

Because not everyone remembers every random waitress they had just like you apparently don't remember that others already answered that question. Seriously, it was a pretty brief encounter, Penny didn't use her real name and Amy wasn't exactly the kind who'd care back then.

Very true. We don't know that Amy didn't recognise her. At first she only saw the back of her head. She might not have thought it worth mentioning when they were at the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Very true. We don't know that Amy didn't recognise her. At first she only saw the back of her head. She might not have thought it worth mentioning when they were at the table.

No, I mean, how come Amy didn't recognise Penny, when they met in Robotic Manipulation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, I mean, how come Amy didn't recognise Penny, when they met in Robotic Manipulation?

Which episode was that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Which episode was that ?

4x01. Funnily enough she was sitting behind Penny in the car so you're right Amy mostly just saw the back of her head at first. lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Which episode was that ?

The one where Sheldon and Amy go on a date, accompanied by Penny.

Also, since Amy was on a date in this episode, doesn't that mean she was still having dates with other men, when she was hanging out with Sheldon and the gang, and indeed when she pretended to her mother, that she was having sex with Sheldon?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The one where Sheldon and Amy go on a date, accompanied by Penny.

Also, since Amy was on a date in this episode, doesn't that mean she was still having dates with other men, when she was hanging out with Sheldon and the gang, and indeed when she pretended to her mother, that she was having sex with Sheldon?

I don't see why not. Amy and Sheldon were just friends at this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I don't see why not. Amy and Sheldon were just friends at this stage. 

And yet Sheldon didn't get jealous, until she went on a date with Stuart?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Also, since Amy was on a date in this episode, doesn't that mean she was still having dates with other men, when she was hanging out with Sheldon and the gang, and indeed when she pretended to her mother, that she was having sex with Sheldon?

TBBTnono.gif.56f4ccf2e1844ea5e5306f39676a8247.gif

The whole point of Sheldon pretending to be her boyfriend was that she wanted her mother stop bugging her about going onto other dates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good job Leonard lost the flashdrive keyring years ago, or Penny would've been the one who got rid of the Bitcoins.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.