The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

104 'A Therapist, a Comic Book, and a Breakfast Sausage' (November 16)

I thought it was nice, though I enjoyed the previous two more. Found Sheldon just saying "It's complicated" about his cafeteria spot weird. I expected a sophisticated explanation, don't know why they decided to forgo that.

BTW, his family making him shakes is a good example of what is called "Family Accommodation". It has been researched among parents to children with OCD and anxiety disorders and was found to be highly prevalent but also, unfortunately, related to greater symptom severity, lower levels of adaptive functioning and worse treatment outcomes.

• Like 2

Household, Overnight ratings and Demo Breakouts for 10 November, 2017

For this episode, Young Sheldon pulled in a 7.4  household rating, this was down three tenths from last week's household ratings.  In share, it had a 12, down a point from last week.  The full Ratings post, for households,  can be found here.  

This episode brought in a  2.1 demo (18-49), with 11.74 million viewers.  This was down three tenths in demo, and 570,000 million viewers.    In the 18-34 demo, it had a 1.1, even with last week. In the 25-54 demo, it had a 3.2, down two tenths from last week.

The full ratings post, which includes comparisons with the rest of the shows last night,  can be found here.

• Like 2

Final Ratings for 17 November, 2017, for broadcasts on 16 November 2017.

This episode brought in a 2.0 demo (18-49), with 11.83 million viewers.  This was down a tenth in demo, but up 70,000 viewers from the overnights.  It was down two tenths in   demo and down 560,000 from last week.    

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.

I thought it was a nice episode, although I enjoyed the previous more. No wonder why Mary never looked for another therapist in Huston, LOL!

The introduction to Comic Books was very interisting. Something Sheldon denied at first and then became a bigest fan, LIke other things later in his life :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

From TV Line

Quotes of the Week: Young Sheldon, The Orville, Flash, Scandal and More

YOUNG SHELDON

“Just like that, I overcame my fear of choking. All that was left was my fear of dogs, birds, insects, germs, hugging, button-fly pants, rivers, ponds, lakes, oceans, estuaries, corduroy, root vegetables, squeaky balloons, tinted windows, take a penny, leave a penny… fireworks, potbelly stoves, dust bunnies, that fuzz on peaches…”

Adult Sheldon (voiced by Jim Parsons) details the many fears that Young Sheldon still has to tackle

(how many have we seen in adult Sheldon? - vonmar)

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

57 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TV Line

Quotes of the Week: Young Sheldon, The Orville, Flash, Scandal and More

YOUNG SHELDON

“Just like that, I overcame my fear of choking. All that was left was my fear of dogs, birds, insects, germs, hugging, button-fly pants, rivers, ponds, lakes, oceans, estuaries, corduroy, root vegetables, squeaky balloons, tinted windows, take a penny, leave a penny… fireworks, potbelly stoves, dust bunnies, that fuzz on peaches…”

Adult Sheldon (voiced by Jim Parsons) details the many fears that Young Sheldon still has to tackle

(how many have we seen in adult Sheldon? - vonmar)

The bold ones? We have heard about thunders too.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

The bold ones? We have heard about thunders too.

Also the fuzz on peaces, and I'd generally say oceans, since he never put his foot in them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Also the fuzz on peaces, and I'd generally say oceans, since he never put his foot in them.

And squeaky balloons -- The Anxiety Optimization

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

And squeaky balloons -- The Anxiety Optimization

Oh, and fireworks, in 9.4 he wanted Penny and Leonard to stay in 4A on July 4th, I guess for the fireworks...

• Like 1

I know this is YS thread but when I watched the episode, the Button- fly pants phobia made me think  how funny could be  if it was seen in tbbt, lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 19/11/2017 at 7:55 PM, mirs1 said:

Until he got a fisherman's licence.

On 19/11/2017 at 8:24 PM, spidergirl said:

I know this is YS thread but when I watched the episode, the Button- fly pants phobia made me think  how funny could be  if it was seen in tbbt, lol!

I think it was overcome when his zip went cattywumpus.