Tripper

106 'A Patch, a Modem, and a Zantac' (November 30)

Season 1, Episode 6 - A Patch, a Modem, and a Zantac

Airs November 30, 2017 at 8:30/7:30c on CBS

When a NASA representative visits Sheldon's school and dismisses his science, Sheldon is set on a mission to prove him wrong.

What a cute episode! I liked Elon Musk's cameo, it was funny! Also, it was nice to see Sheldon's father standing for his son and finding the way to make him speak with the man at NASA. Meemaw is funnier by the week, I'm loving her character very much. Up to now, I've enjoyed all the even episodes (2,4, 6) and not liked the odd ones, let's see if the pattern continues.

• Like 1

I think Iain is getting better, getting a better grasp of the character, with each episode. The episode itself was nice to me but not much more than that. Also, it's getting harderto believe this George is the man we have heard about in TBBT. Do you believe, for example, that this is the man who let his oldest son drive as a kid when he was drunk?

• Like 1

It was a very interisting plot and very fitting into Sheldon's personality. I agree with @bfm, Ian is getting better  week after week in his character. His body language is much more Sheldon ish from s1-3 from tbbt. Meemaw is adorable funny in this epsiode, with the exception of the drug her grandson thing...

I wonder if the show sucess will allow us to finf what and why George got so damage later in his and Mary's marriage and in his relationship with their children. It is hard to not love the man...

BTW, the way Sheldon explained the whole math thing to the Nasa man was priceless, lol! He even managed a way to seem taller, hehe! Good job, writers !

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Another thing I found weird: Sheldon calls his father dad. I would expect him to call his parents mother and father. In TBBT he said he called his mother Mrs. Cooper until he got to know her better and as an adult he calls him mother. I think they should have gone with that.

• Like 1

He could have called his father dad before he got to be an adult. Maybe after his death, he went into a more formal way to call his parents as he might got known better his mother as he said  as she lost him. Sheldon has a few quirky things what is interaction with others related which apparently got deeper as he grew up, maybe that s why the difference between tbbt and ys.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 1:51 PM, bfm said:

Another thing I found weird: Sheldon calls his father dad. I would expect him to call his parents mother and father. In TBBT he said he called his mother Mrs. Cooper until he got to know her better and as an adult he calls him mother. I think they should have gone with that.

In an episode on the telly tonight he calls her 'Mom' when she rings him to tell him off for messing with Penny's laundry and throwing her out.

Final Ratings for 01 December, 2017, for broadcasts on 30 November 2017.

This episode brought in a 2.1 demo (18-49), with 12.11 million viewers.  This was down five tenths in demo, but up 680,000 viewers from last week 

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.