The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

107 'A Brisket, Voodoo, and Cannonball Run' (December 7)

Nick Bakay, a writer on Mom and the voice of Salem on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, wrote this episode! Also, Mark Cendrowski stepped-in as director, so it should be interesting.

• Like 3

I didn't enjoy the episode that much, last week one was funnier. A nice heads-up to Sheldon's heidetic memory and now we know George Jr. was conceived outside the wed-lock, so in a way it's funny how Sheldon was afraid of his mother's judgement when he was contemplating having a test-tube baby with Amy in S. 4, LOL! Overall, anyway, I found the plot kinda weak. 

• Like 3

I did not enjoy the episode that much either. It was boring and imo a silly plot as it was too much centered on Sheldon's father actions that only had a point in common with Sheldon when he remembered about the recipe. From what we had seen from his father, the whole point seemed too pointless and it was curious that the whole episode tone seemed to be taped after the pilot and not after such nice  episode we saw last week...

For the eidetic memory thing, could  such young toddler remember in a way so detailed those things? Maybe he would but I expected something more organic when they would introduce the moment Sheldon started to have an eidetic memory, you know...

Hopefully next week will be funnier and more interisting.

• Like 2

I thought the way in which Meemaw lined up her card boxes and noticed they'd been moved was interesting. And the place was spotless !

Meemaw was so stubborn and yet she told Amy Sheldon got that from her husband. :)

I thought it was very mediocre. I had a few laughs but it just felt like quite a poor execution of a plot from "Everybody Loves Raymond". And Connie's confession about thinking George wasn't good enough for her daughter and his understanding...that was such a banal excuange that has been done so soo many times before. It fell flat to me and IMO was pathetic. Maybe if they did it after a lot more episodes of establishing these charcters and their relationship it would have been a bit less pathetic, but still not enough. Disappointing.

15 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I did not enjoy the episode that much either. It was boring and imo a silly plot as it was too much centered on Sheldon's father actions that only had a point in common with Sheldon when he remembered about the recipe. From what we had seen from his father, the whole point seemed too pointless and it was curious that the whole episode tone seemed to be taped after the pilot and not after such nice  episode we saw last week...

For the eidetic memory thing, could  such young toddler remember in a way so detailed those things? Maybe he would but I expected something more organic when they would introduce the moment Sheldon started to have an eidetic memory, you know...

Hopefully next week will be funnier and more interisting.

An average toddler wouldn't. The way we encode are memories changes more around age 3. However, Sheldon was not an average toddler and was way more advanced than he should have been. From TBBT we know that he started speaking and writing (and probably reading too) way earlier than what woulf be expected.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bfm said:

An average toddler wouldn't. The way we encode are memories changes more around age 3. However, Sheldon was not an average toddler and was way more advanced than he should have been. From TBBT we know that he started speaking and writing (and probably reading too) way earlier than what woulf be expected.

Thank you very much for the info, @bfm.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Thank you very much for the info, @bfm.

Here's some more information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood_amnesia

(Of course there are papers about it which are more reliable than Wikipedia but these are usually not accessible to everybody)

As you can see they mention some memories from around 2 years of age could be retriveable but that's more rare. These memories will also not be so detailed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I thought it was very mediocre. I had a few laughs but it just felt like quite a poor execution of a plot from "Everybody Loves Raymond". And Connie's confession about thinking George wasn't good enough for her daughter and his understanding...that was such a banal excuange that has been done so soo many times before. It fell flat to me and IMO was pathetic. Maybe if they did it after a lot more episodes of establishing these charcters and their relationship it would have been a bit less pathetic, but still not enough. Disappointing.

That's the thing... We already know that he's not. While I'm enjoying the actors' performances and the show as a whole, it doesn't change the fact that George ultimately cheats on Mary.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

That's the thing... We already know that he's not. While I'm enjoying the actors' performances and the show as a whole, it doesn't change the fact that George ultimately cheats on Mary.

Also that he gets sacked for theft from a job in a store,drinks while driving, and dies when the twins are 14 or 15.

Edited by joyceraye

18 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Also that he gets sacked for theft from a job in a store,drinks while driving, and dies when the twins are 14 or 15.

That made me shake a bit when he said that "after I die" joke...

Final Ratings for  08 December, 2017, for broadcasts on 07 December 2017.

This episode brought in a 2.2  demo (18-49), with 12.49 million viewers.  This was down a tenth in demo, but up 380,000  viewers from last week.  

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.

• Like 1