The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

108 'Cape Canaveral, Schrodinger's Cat, and Cyndi Lauper's Hair' (December 14)

I liked the "boys" part, it was cute to see George Sr. trying so hard to connect with is son. TBH, though, he connected too well, I start to see a huge difference between the George we know from the main show and this one. I think at some point things will come together, and there will be some trigger that  morphs George in the man we "know", at least I hope so. Not very convinced by the "girls" part, especially the drift between Mary and Connie. Nice to see they remembered that Mary's brother name was Edward, though.

• Like 1

Household, Overnight ratings and Demo Breakouts for 15 December, 2017

For this episode, Young Sheldon pulled in a 7.3  household rating.    In share, it had a 12.  The full Ratings post, for households,  can be found here.  

This episode brought in a  2.0 demo (18-49), with 11.62 million viewers.    In the 18-34 demo, it had a 1.0. In the 25-54 demo, it had a 3.1.

The full ratings post, which includes comparisons with the rest of the shows last night,  can be found here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I liked the "boys" part, it was cute to see George Sr. trying so hard to connect with is son. TBH, though, he connected too well, I start to see a huge difference between the George we know from the main show and this one. I think at some point things will come together, and there will be some trigger that  morphs George in the man we "know", at least I hope so. Not very convinced by the "girls" part, especially the drift between Mary and Connie. Nice to see they remembered that Mary's brother name was Edward, though.

Considering some of the things Sheldon has said about Leonard and about Penny over the years I don't put much stock in what he has said about George Sr. Sheldon sees the world through some distorted lens and Mary also.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

Final Ratings for  15 December, 2017, for broadcasts on 14 December 2017.

This episode brought in a 2.0 demo (18-49), with 11.64 million viewers.  This was even in demo, and up 20,000 viewers from the overnights.   It was down two tenths in demo, and down 850,000  viewers from last week.  

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.

• Like 1

It was a nice and cute but not much more. Definitely better than last week but not great. And I agree this George is too different. Yes Sheldon's view is different than that of most people but he also treated him somewhat differently on the voice-over than what we heard on TBBT

• Like 1

Finally I saw this episode and I thought it was nice, especially the boys part. I must confess I love when George tries to bond with his son Sheldon and this episode had a few good moments, especially the lightning one. However the last Sheldon quote broke my heart, as it is heartbreaking when people did not share something with a relative and could not do it anymore.

Imo there is something off between the Connie and Mary 's plot in this episode. Tbh I think it is Connie characterization : she seemed to be a dedicated mother in some moments of the show, in others she seemed to have failed a lot, I hope my words made sense.

The Schorindger as the guy from Peanuts whom Lucy had a crush on him cracked me up, lol! 

And last but not least I swear I did not want to but... I love George sr and Mary. Okay, I said it loud, lol! 

• Like 2