The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mario D.

TBBT article

Has anyone read the Link Redacted  article that TBBT is on its last legs and may be cancelled. The article states that the cast members all have big egos and are sniping at each other. All due to a drop in ratings. What rubbish!!  I don't  believe that the show will be cancelled because of one week drop in the ratings and besides I think the next episode they were on top again. Maybe Tensor can add some insight to this. Also, don't believe the cast is at odds with each other. Think this article is just throwing smoke bombs at TBBT.

• Like 2

I've redacted the link, and removed the title of the link.   We do have a rule about unfounded or unconfirmed articles.   The link was nothing more than already released news or items, cast with a sinister bent.   Are the ratings down?  Yes, they are.  However, all ratings are down.  For this year, the show is still the number one show in Live + SD demo average ratings, and Live + SD, Live + 3 and Live + 7 viewers average.  I have a post I'm working on that I'll add to the ratings thread this weekend.  There's a list of the 100 top rated demo shows this year.  TBBT appears on the list more than any scripted broadcast show (hint, the NFL hold 42 of the top 100).  

• Like 8

I have no idea if anyone's ever sniped. But I can see why these creative people might possibly be ready to move on to a new challenge. I wish they had done so after season ten. I certainly do not see it going past twelve. It's getting too expensive for one thing and people have more options now as to what they watch and how. Things are changing in the industry,

• Like 1

On December 29, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Tensor said:

I've redacted the link, and removed the title of the link.   We do have a rule about unfounded or unconfirmed articles.   The link was nothing more than already released news or items, cast with a sinister bent.   Are the ratings down?  Yes, they are.  However, all ratings are down.  For this year, the show is still the number one show in Live + SD demo average ratings, and Live + SD, Live + 3 and Live + 7 viewers average.  I have a post I'm working on that I'll add to the ratings thread this weekend.  There's a list of the 100 top rated demo shows this year.  TBBT appears on the list more than any scripted broadcast show (hint, the NFL hold 42 of the top 100).  

Thank you for this, Tensor.  I read three or four versions of the same article, and realized  it was.....dare I say....fake news.  I appreciate your clarifying this.  GInny

• Like 2

On 12/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

I have no idea if anyone's ever sniped. But I can see why these creative people might possibly be ready to move on to a new challenge. I wish they had done so after season ten. I certainly do not see it going past twelve. It's getting too expensive for one thing and people have more options now as to what they watch and how. Things are changing in the industry,

i disagree i think it better and i think if the ratings keep going like they do they might get a season 13 and i hope they do i i am sick of people saying it should had ended at season 10 i know you all have different opions thats your right but if think should had ended at season 10 dont watch but i think it got better and if they get a season 13 that would be great

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kbp said:

i disagree i think it better and i think if the ratings keep going like they do they might get a season 13 and i hope they do i i am sick of people saying it should had ended at season 10 i know you all have different opions thats your right but if think should had ended at season 10 dont watch but i think it got better and if they get a season 13 that would be great

D'accord ! I'd love a season or two more  - provided we don't lose major cast members leading to a distortion of storylines or characters. When actors move on because they think a series is ending, the loss can be handled very badly. The hoops through which the writers of the hitherto sweet, cute, funny Little Mosque On The Prairie twisted and turned in order to squeeze out an extra season for which leading cast members were unavailable spoiled for me the seasons leading up to it.

I'd rather have a spin-off involving who's left than see TBBT carry on with a divorce or death,for example, to explain why somebody's missing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

provided we don't lose major cast members leading to a distortion of storylines or characters.

We already have that in my opinion. The last couple of seasons have been going straight downhill.

CBS can't afford to lose TBBT at this point.    It's Live + SD average is a 2.9 demo, the highest entertainment series on TV (and it provides support for the other series on CBS that's above a 2.0 demo, Young Sheldon).  Hell, it's repeats this year are averaging a 1.5 demo and CBS only has two show that can beat TBBT repeats (Young Sheldon and Survivor).   There are only a handful of shows on other networks that can beat the repeats. If the ratings are anywhere near what they are comparatively to the rest of television, I can see CBS looking for at least another year.  The questions are going to be whether or not the actors want to come back (and how many) along with how much CBS is willing to pay (and the actors are willing to accept).  

The actors, may want to move on to work on other projects.  However, Warner Brothers, and the show seem to willing to work with them, as far as time off for their other projects go, so I don't see that as a problem.   It's going to be more whether or not they are tired of doing the show.  Also, how much they demand to do the show vs how much CBS is willing to pay.   As Kaley said before, it's going to be an expensive proposition.  My best guess, at this point, would be a shortened season 13, announced as the final season.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Tensor said:

CBS can't afford to lose TBBT at this point.    It's Live + SD average is a 2.9 demo, the highest entertainment series on TV (and it provides support for the other series on CBS that's above a 2.0 demo, Young Sheldon).  Hell, it's repeats this year are averaging a 1.5 demo and CBS only has two show that can beat TBBT repeats (Young Sheldon and Survivor).   There are only a handful of shows on other networks that can beat the repeats. If the ratings are anywhere near what they are comparatively to the rest of television, I can see CBS looking for at least another year.  The questions are going to be whether or not the actors want to come back (and how many) along with how much CBS is willing to pay (and the actors are willing to accept).  

The actors, may want to move on to work on other projects.  However, Warner Brothers, and the show seem to willing to work with them, as far as time off for their other projects go, so I don't see that as a problem.   It's going to be more whether or not they are tired of doing the show.  Also, how much they demand to do the show vs how much CBS is willing to pay.   As Kaley said before, it's going to be an expensive proposition.  My best guess, at this point, would be a shortened season 13, announced as the final season.  

Agree with what you say here.  There is alot that could happen between now and the summer when I think they must decide on a 13th season. Plus the fact that Kaley could get pregnant might be a factor as the timing could play a part in the finale.  Also. thanks for pointing out the fake news with the redaction

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 5:21 PM, joyceraye said:

D'accord ! I'd love a season or two more  - provided we don't lose major cast members leading to a distortion of storylines or characters. When actors move on because they think a series is ending, the loss can be handled very badly. The hoops through which the writers of the hitherto sweet, cute, funny Little Mosque On The Prairie twisted and turned in order to squeeze out an extra season for which leading cast members were unavailable spoiled for me the seasons leading up to it.

I'd rather have a spin-off involving who's left than see TBBT carry on with a divorce or death,for example, to explain why somebody's missing. 

If they lost Raj I could live with it. I like Howard but if H&B were replaced by another couple I think I could deal with that too. There are just four that I think are essential.

• Like 2