The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

112 'A Computer, a Plastic Pony, and a Case of Beer' (January 18)

Good episode, it felt "real". It reminded me the discussions there were, in the early '90s,  in my household when my brother and I asked our parents for our first computer and the joy we felt when we finally got it. All the family started using it, one way or the other, as the Coopers, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

I thought it was...nice+. Better than most episodes, I had some chuckles. Mee-maw and Missy are my favorite for now. But overall I find the show quite mediocre. It's not that funny to me and the stories are quite banal and do not capture me ("Mom" for example is not hilarious IMO and I don't mind missing episodes but it does capture me). It's also quite corny ad saccharine. My mom calls it a corny american show (there's a mock word for that which I can't really translate, it is used to describe an american show where everything is good at the end and family is the most important and yada yada yada...). 

I think Mary was wrong BTW. Why does she get to keep her own money and George doesn't?

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 2

I thought it was a nice episode. The computer parts were the funniest, especially Meemaw's interaction with it! :icon_cheesygrin:

This show has surely a completely different dynamic than tbbt, which I think it is the hardest to get used in beginning. I mean,imo it has been a nice show but far from the quality of tbbt. Even the way that the dialogues have been setled is quite different than tbbt, and it is hard to not expect the episodes could make the viewer feel as amused as in tbbt. Most of audience might be the same but I think for we keep stay watching it we might see it as a show not so connected to tbbt, if you know what I mean.

The cast is  amazing and the details explored from Sheldon's childhood have been quite interesting. Aside some litle canon things adapted to the show structure, it has been a nice looking into Sheldon's past. Overall most of us might have not imagined when we watched tbbt s1 how was Sheldon as a kid.  And that has been a very nice journey so far watching it on screen. Glad the show will have a second season.:)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1