The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

1116 'The Neonatal Nomenclature' (March 1)

'The Neonatal Nomenclature' - Season 11, Episode 16 
Airs Thursday, March 1 at 8/7c on CBS.

When Bernadette won't go into labor, all her friends try different tactics to get things started. Also, Wolowitz confronts Bernadette after Amy accidentally reveals she's already chosen their son's name.

• Like 4

I thought it was very good. Funny. My wife had a good laugh too.

• Like 1

It was okay. Hard to be excited about an episode about an imaginary baby.

• Like 2

It was a fun episode. But Sheldon’s behavior about his boardgame was highly annoying for me.

how_164.gif.14ae1f4c4c9ef1e84334dd0723d14f79.gif

Thanks, you always give it a good try. :shy:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, veejay said:

It was a fun episode. But Sheldon’s behavior about his boardgame was highly annoying for me.

Really ? I thought Sheldon was funny ! We need more geekiness and board games and less baby-talk sometimes. I liked the reference to "The Campaign For North Africa ".  It is a very complex game . 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Really ? I thought Sheldon was funny ! We need more geekiness and board games and less baby-talk sometimes. I liked the reference to "The Campaign For North Africa ".  It is a very complex game . 

Different freaks are different geeks...a.s.o.
Please take a look:

4 minutes ago, veejay said:

All right, for all the geeks around here:

campaign-north-africa

Estimated playing time: 60000 minutes!

:shy:

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I thought it was nice but no more than that. I had chuckles but no big laughs. Everybody felt low-energy to me. Even Johnny and Kaley kind of missed with some of their line deliveries and that is rare. The uterus for rent was just obnoxious and Lenny reacted well. 

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 3

I thought it was ok, certainly not the worst episode of the season but nowhere near the best either.

I enjoyed some of the Howard and Bernadette scenes and interactions, Simon and Melissa have great chemistry and I think this episode kind of highlighted how much that has been missed this season with Bernie on bed rest/Melissa on maternity leave. With the baby now born I am hoping we get to see more of their interactions again and perhaps including some non babies related storylines.

I was surprised to read that is an actual board game that takes 60,000 minutes. In character for Sheldon to find something to drag out the time whilst they were waiting for Bernadette's water to break. I enjoyed Sheldon trying to play a board game but also add to the discussion as well.

Shamy I thought were pretty cute, but i'll expand on that more later in the Shamy thread perhaps later.

Old school reference to Leonard's having kids with Penny and his line (was it in the very first episode? Can't remember). Proves the writers haven't forgotten that I guess.

Raj had some good lines but wasn't that involved much in the story compared to the rest.

Old school reference number two with the renting a womb gag, had no problem with it as a Shamy because A) I don't see it happening whatsoever (15 kids or Penny being a surrogate) and b- its just a gag, no evidence of a storyline.

Overall it highlighted that the core of this show is the friendships they have with each other and they are there for each other when they need them most.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Old school reference to Leonard's having kids with Penny and his line (was it in the very first episode? Can't remember). Proves the writers haven't forgotten that I guess.

It was the end of the first episode.  LOVED that they referenced it!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I thought it was nice but no more than that. I had chuckles but no big laughs. Everybody felt low-energy to be. Even Johnny and Kaley kind of missed with some of their line deliveries and that is rare. The uterus for rent was just obnoxious and Lenny reacted well. 

I enjoyed it, but I got that feeling of low energy like you mentioned, I’m not sure why, maybe it was due to the plot was about waiting for the baby.  I thought the group being together and interacting was nice and the jokes were funny, not laugh out loud, but still funny.  I liked how Sheldon was more interested in the board game then what was going on around him, it was classic Sheldon, and I like how Lenny both acted exactly the same about his suggestion for Penny to carry some of Shamy’s children.  There have been so many hints about Penny getting pregnant, I really hope we get a pregnancy scare for Lenny before this season ends, I think an episode or two of Lenny having to deal with something like that would be both cute and funny.  Last night we also got some talk about Shamy being pregnant too, so I wonder if the show will have that happen before the end too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I enjoyed it, but I got that feeling of low energy like you mentioned, I’m not sure why, maybe it was due to the plot was about waiting for the baby.  I thought the group being together and interacting was nice and the jokes were funny, not laugh out loud, but still funny.  I liked how Sheldon was more interested in the board game then what was going on around him, it was classic Sheldon, and I like how Lenny both acted exactly the same about his suggestion for Penny to carry some of Shamy’s children.  There have been so many hints about Penny getting pregnant, I really hope we get a pregnancy scare for Lenny before this season ends, I think an episode or two of Lenny having to deal with something like that would be both cute and funny.  Last night we also got some talk about Shamy being pregnant too, so I wonder if the show will have that happen before the end too.

I recorded the episode, got through 10 minutes, then deleted it. It went from a community episode to Sheldon's love for a stupid game that takes approx. 60000 hours to play. Ridiculous, not funny. Now another jab at Sheldon wanting 15 kids and Penny having some was down right disgusting, not funny. Sorry, but this episode showed me a continuation of everything that is wrong with TBBT!

• Like 2

Watching Pregnadette posing like a Sumo-ringer was kind of adorable on me. :icon_cheesygrin:

how_165.gif.0e99e3d82223db20e2dcf43d38cf95f2.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, bfm said:

I thought it was nice but no more than that. I had chuckles but no big laughs. Everybody felt low-energy to me.

I was at the taping. Melissa seemed very excited to be back. She smiled and waved at the audience a lot between the kitchen scene takes. I was further away from the living room scene so couldn't get a good sense of what was going on, but they all seemed in high spirits at last curtain call.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I loved seeing it when the whole gang together. I like those kinds of eps. Simon and Melissa play so well off each other, though, that the first part wasn't too boring, and neither was everyone showing up one at a time to visit Bernie.

I did not take any of the surrogate parenting jokes seriously. But I think Penny loving her thin belly and her enjoyment in taking a picture of poor Bernie not able to get back up is there to highlight the fact that the showrunners do not want another pregnancy right now, like Steve Holland had said.

Glad they are sticking with the curly hair on Raj. Now he just needs more of a storyline. He had some good lines.

I loved Leonard's line to Amy about her not wanting to know what it was about when she was so pleased Sheldon had just been talking about her. And I always like seeing her working with Howard.

As a former reenactor, I know lots of people who like that board game, but I sure wouldn't play it. The people that do are absolutely cutthroat about it.

scan0019.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, veejay said:

But it's how someone who is on the spectrum might behave.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chucky said:

I recorded the episode, got through 10 minutes, then deleted it. It went from a community episode to Sheldon's love for a stupid game that takes approx. 60000 hours to play. Ridiculous, not funny. Now another jab at Sheldon wanting 15 kids and Penny having some was down right disgusting, not funny. Sorry, but this episode showed me a continuation of everything that is wrong with TBBT!

Last night's episode was like watching a loved one on hospice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Did you make it through the whole episode? 

55 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well to be fair I don’t think anyone on this forum was that excited about Bernadette delivering another invisible child.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Did you make it through the whole episode? 

I always make it through. My wife half watches and my daughter (16) has given up. And Sheldon is her favorite

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I was at the taping. Melissa seemed very excited to be back. She smiled and waved at the audience a lot between the kitchen scene takes. I was further away from the living room scene so couldn't get a good sense of what was going on, but they all seemed in high spirits at last curtain call.

Thanks for the info :) Melissa seemed to be the most into it, IMO. They could be energetic at curtain call even if not throughout the episode as curtain call is kind of a peak in energy.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I always make it through. My wife half watches and my daughter (16) has given up. And Sheldon is her favorite

You have my sympathy and respect for lasting that length of ?.  I just couldn't think of the perfect word to describe that episode.  :sarcastichand:

7 hours ago, SRAM said:

Enjoyed it but it was kind of slow moving. Best scenes for me was the whole gang at Howardette's house interacting with each other and Sheldon as usual oblivious to anything but himself. Agree the suggestion that Penny carry some of his and Amy's children was just another shot at Penny's sexuality.  Thought we were done with these kind of insults. Was glad to see that Leonard was a little protective of his wife. Also the scene with Penny doing yoga and Bernadette trying to was funny.

• Like 1

Snapchat, at the end of the story simply "just" friends.  :shy:

misc_0501.gif.a01fb78449eb4a4daf577b22f9bd88c0.gif

Well it wasn't a good or bad episode but it was a forgettable episode one those you won't miss if you never see it again. Penny and Leonard's reaction was perfect when the Shamy looked at Penny after Sheldon told Amy she wouldn't  carry all his children. I was surprised when Penny asked Leonard when he had picked out their kids names and he told her it was a none creepy amount of time after he  first met her. She actually smiled about it  , she wasn't at all bothered that he had thought of something like that not long after meeting her . 

• Like 2