bfm

The Corollary Theroy: The Celebration Abberation

So I finally published the first chapter of this story, after having the idea for over a year and a half!

The story takes plave in 2029, when the gang is gathered to celebarte one of its members birthday. It includes the whole gang, canon couples, Raj/OC. Chapetrs are written from different characters' POVs, meaning there is differing focus on the different characters/couples/families. It is written as spoken language, as if the character is telling the whole thing at the end of the day (that is why some things are written in present tense - a caharacter who was 3 when the events took place, for example, would still be 3 at the time of "narration"). The different characters' POVs also make for different levels of vocabulary and focus. Some will explain and describe things others do not, some will expand on things others do not, according to their characteristics (age, cognitive skills, socioemotional skills, interests, etc.). The name of the POV character will appear at the beginning of each chpater, besides the first one. 

SPECIAL THANKS to @joyceraye who is beta reading for me!

I'll try to update every one to two weeks. There will be 10 chapters overall.

Here we go with Chapter 1, hope you enjoy it.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chapter 2 is up, with a special guest appearance by someone whose previous appearance on the show was well recieved by some on this forum...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Chapter 5 is up, Stephen's POV. Interestingly, it's time for this chapter at the week of Hawkings' death. RIP.

Note that the site is not working properly so you may not be able to read right now, I hope they will solve this soon.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Chapter 6 is up, Halley.

60% through, this is moving fast and slow simultaneously to me, if that akes any sense...

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Chapter 7 is up, and it's Howard's turn. Writing him was more challenging for me, hope it doesn't feel too OOC.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bfm said:

Chapter 7 is up, and it's Howard's turn. Writing him was more challenging for me, hope it doesn't feel too OOC.

Just read Chapter 7 and found it great. You have Howard down perfectly. I did leave a review. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Chapter 8 is up, and for those who read the last part of the previous one it's probably not much of a surprise it is Leonard's.

BTW, for those who care mostly about a certain character, it is possible in this story to read a certain chapter without reading others. You will get it or most of it, as there are repetitions and things that are relevant for the specific chapter are usually explained in it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bfm said:

Chapter 8 is up, and for those who read the last part of the previous one it's probably not much of a surprise it is Leonard's.

BTW, for those who care mostly about a certain character, it is possible in this story to read a certain chapter without reading others. You will get it or most of it, as there are repetitions and things that are relevant for the specific chapter are usually explained in it. 

All I can say is this is a wonderful story. I really love how in this chapter you have Leonard with the back boned tenacity needed to deal with Beverly and the sweet, kind, sensitivity to be able to comfort his daughter Sophie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

All I can say is this is a wonderful story. I really love how in this chapter you have Leonard with the back boned tenacity needed to deal with Beverly and the sweet, kind, sensitivity to be able to comfort his daughter Sophie.

Thank you very much :) I think Leonard can gather strength to stand up for his when he really wants to. Protecting his family would be important enough (probably the most important cause he ever had) for him to gather all his strength and go aganist Beverly. He was also "well armed" for this. 

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Thank you very much :) I think Leonard can gather strength to stand up for his when he really wants to. Protecting his family would be important enough (probably the most important cause he ever had) for him to gather all his strength and go aganist Beverly. He was also "well armed" for this. 

I was wondering since Beverly so easily disregarded the very agreement she consented to, why Leonard didn't kick her out and tell her to go by the agreement. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I was wondering since Beverly so easily disregarded the very agreement she consented to, why Leonard didn't kick her out and tell her to go by the agreement. :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't see Leonard as one to be overly strict and vindictive. He is strict there, but he does agree to have her in, supervised, in one of the few times she visits flying from New Jersey. 

IMO, Leonard is a very forgiving person (how else would he still stay best friends with Sheldon?)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bfm said:

I don't see Leonard as one to be overly strict and vindictive. He is strict there, but he does agree to have her in, supervised, in one of the few times she visits flying from New Jersey. 

Okay! It's your wonderful story, so I'll bow to your interpretation of Leonard.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Chapter 9, penultimate for this story, is up, is Penny's, and is the longest (#Sorrynotsorry?).

By the way, I thought about googling Stan Lee, then thought my own google-less description would fit Penny :icon_cheesygrin: (although generally she probably knows more than I do about comic books and superheros, however reluctantly)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1