The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MTBigBangTheoryFan

Behind the Scenes Drama?

We'll never truly know, and I don't claim anything below is the absolute truth,  but I have seen the following in respectable sources and sites:

There was some conflict in 2010, when the cast was able to renegotiate their contracts and it wasn't between the cast members.   It was reported Jim, Kaley and Johnny all agreed to negotiate as a group, but Jim had recently won his first Emmy and broke away, asking for a bigger increase.    TPTB simply told him no, and he took the same raise as Kaley and Johnny.    

Simon and Kunal wanted parity with Jim, Johnny and Kaley for Season 8-10    TPTB were reportedly ready to write them out, if they persisted in asking for the million an episode starting in season 8.   Reports indicated they were to get ~600,000-700,000 for season 8, 800,00-900,000 for season 9 and get parity with the other three in season 10, which they accepted.  

From various reports and articles I've seen, (remember this also includes their SO), Kunal and Simon do spend time off set.   Melissa and Simon, Melissa, Simon, and Jim also spend time together.    Johnny,  Kaley, and Mayim seem to stay to themselves.   Which makes sense, in some ways as  Kunal, Simon, Melissa and Jim are all married and in long term relationships.   Mayim is a single mother, has Grok Nation and the books she writes;  Johnny is single (although he may have a girlfriend), is involved in producing and involved in music;  and Kaley is involved with her horses, her production company and is engaged.   This is not to say that Kaley, Johnny and Mayim don't spend time away from the show with their costars, just that those three seem to live differently than the other four, which limits their time for visits.   

I haven't seen anything, from a legitimate source that Kaley and Mayim don't like each other.   Most of those reports were from sites and magazines that would benefit from reports of such things.    They do have differing interests, and there are appearances of differing views.   However, they have also both spoken of gifts they have exchanged and treasure.  So my take is they simply have different types of lives that make being close friends more difficult,  but get along well on the set, as does everyone.

• Like 3

Comedy channel in Canada is playing every episode of TBBT this year between Christmas and New years. So I got a chance to see things I missed during my first viewing of this awesome show. One thing I notice and question is Why during Bernadette's second pregnancy is she more often than not filmed in her bedroom away from the group. Was there some sort of medical reason in the show part of the story line that I missed or was it back stage drama that required her to be separated from someone else. 

4 hours ago, Gary C Belleville said:

Comedy channel in Canada is playing every episode of TBBT this year between Christmas and New years. So I got a chance to see things I missed during my first viewing of this awesome show. One thing I notice and question is Why during Bernadette's second pregnancy is she more often than not filmed in her bedroom away from the group. Was there some sort of medical reason in the show part of the story line that I missed or was it back stage drama that required her to be separated from someone else. 

The second pregnancy for Bernadette was due to Melissa becoming pregnant.  Previously she had had a miscarriage and she (and I assume to the producers agreed) didn't want to take a chance of her losing another baby.  As a result, most of her scenes were filmed with her in bed.  This was explained, in show, as her being put on bed rest, due to Bernadette trying to do too much.  Interesting point, Melissa's baby was born a month or two before Bernadette had her baby.  Melissa didn't require a prosthetic for most of the TV pregnancy, however, for the last month or two on TV, she needed one, because she had had her baby.