RIP, Stephen Hawking.

Strawberry

Stephen Hawking has died so RIP to him. xx

Also, E4 are showing 2 Stephen Hawking episodes of The Big Bang Theory tonight.

The Hawking Excitation is on at 6 O'clock.

And The Celebration Experimentation is on at 6.30.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that a programme called Stephen Hawking: A Brief History of Mine, is on Channel 4 in a couple of minutes.

Edited by Strawberry
  • Like 5

'tis a sad day, to lose a brilliant man who loved life and dedicated his to the betterment of human kind be it warning  us against artificial intelligence or social and environmental issues once unlocking the universe gave him the platform. 

To think we'd never hear that voice again. :(

• Like 5

A very sad day indeed. I wonder how or if his passing might be addressed on the show. Jus remembering how well the death of carol Ann susi was handled and incorporated into the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The world has lost a true Genius, and an inspiration to those who, in another day, would have been marginalized and shuffled off to a life of quiet solitude behind closed doors.

Courage takes many forms, and to say he was courageous is an understatement as few have conquered ALS to the extent that he did.

I hope that his final wishes included having his family approve of postmortem guest TV appearances. As Professor Proton appeared to Sheldon in times of need, maybe Steven can do the same.

Howard's remote control model of Steven in his wheel chair might one day allow Steven to speak again if only to tell a joke.

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

Very sad to see Professor Hawking has passed on, although, I am content to have been part of a world when he was alive. I am thankful for all his achievements, his writings, interviews, and last but not least, his TV appearances on the Big Bang Theory.

In season 3, I was contemplating to start watching the TV series. The first episode I watched was the Nerdvana Annihilation, and that's because I am a big fan of HG Wells, The Time Machine, especially the original 1960 movie by George Pal. Then the clincher was when I found out that Stephen Hawking was going to be on the show in several weeks. That's when I began to binge watch the whole series from the beginning.

I believe if it hadn't been for Stephen Hawking, there might not have ever a Big Bang Theory. After all, it was Penny who asked: "Isn't he the guy who invented time?" :icon_wink:

R.I.P. Mr. Hawking

BTW, I am also curious also as to how his passing will be addressed on the show and whether or not to be a post-mortem appearance. I feel a strong possibility that Stephen would have approved something like that. Although, the time right now is too soon   

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2018 at 5:10 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

To quote Dr Leonard McCoy:-

He's really not dead, as long as we remember him.

He'll be remembered for quite some time, as his theories are  mentioned in the news. Although Steven is no longer eligible for a Nobel, the scientists who confirm his theories will probably be in the running for a Nobel.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, Retired CreativeGenius said:

He'll be remembered for quite some time, as his theories are  mentioned in the news. Although Steven is no longer eligible for a Nobel, the scientists who confirm his theories will probably be in the running for a Nobel.

Hopefully, any scientist that may receive the Nobel Prize for confirming his theories, will mention his efforts in the acceptance speech.

• Like 1

I'm so sad that he's gone, and I'm so glad I got the opportunity, thanks to this website, to show him my admiration.

Rest in peace Stephen and I hope you know you will be greatly missed. 😢

• Like 1