The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sienna

Never aired episode?

I only just saw the unaired pilot and must say if this was what I saw first, I don't think I would have stuck long with it.

Same goes for the cast I'm afraid , there was no real interaction between the characters imo and there was no flow going at all. Only laughed out loud 2 maybe 3 times.. Was totally unprepared for all the sex implications with Sheldon, as we know him now from current storyline...it was weird to say the least!

Also missed Raj & Howard in this...

I did notice that some of the lines were used in other later aired episodes and they changed Sheldon's damnit to drat. Apartment was different as well

Didn't like the Katy character at all, Gilda was ok.

Glad I saw it, but soo happy they went in a different direction with todays cast and storyline as that had a flow that kept you interested plus the interaction between Penny & the guys feels more natural.

* sorry cannot provide a link *

I thought Katy (not Kathy) could have been a really interesting character for perhaps one show. Too quicksilver. For her (or any female) to live IN THE APARTMENT would have been very limiting. Penny across the hall keeps her tied in, but allows other things to develop, such as someone like Zach. And even Raj and Howard don't live there either.

I didn't like Gilda, she reminded me of the girl who kept Sheldon studying so he could get a Nobel prize. Nothing would have developed as a real relationship with her, and there was a certain meaness in the way she really gloated over the professor's nervous breakdown.

Searchers for the episode might want to try the ubiquitous scourge of the internet "thepiratebay.com", which had at least one torrent operating for this show.

Does anyone know if "Sheldon" & "Leonard" were an inspiration/acknowledgement of the great early tv producer, director and actor Sheldon Leonard ("Make Room for Daddy", "The Andy Griffith Show" etc)?

I really dislike Katie, so glad they got rid of her.

Does anyone know if "Sheldon" & "Leonard" were an inspiration/acknowledgement of the great early tv producer, director and actor Sheldon Leonard ("Make Room for Daddy", "The Andy Griffith Show" etc)?

Yes that is where they got the names for the characters.

Could I get a PM of that link, too, netmouse? It would be much appreciated. :3

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WOULD NOT HAVE BE ON FOR 5 YEARS.

I FOUND IT BY:GOOGLE IN SEACH BOX

(YOUTUBE-BIG BANG THEORY-UNAIRED PILOT),

IT IS HALF AWAY DOWN THE PAGE TITLE:

THR BIG BANG THEORY #00X00 UNAIRED TEST PILOT.

GOOD LUCK--TO ALL HOPE YOU SEE IT.:icon_eek:

PMs sent.

@mjc45: was it the complete episode on YT? Warner Bros have been very viligent with regards to removing it from most social networks.

Will be interesting to see how long it's there for.

PMs sent.

@mjc45: was it the complete episode on YT? Warner Bros have been very viligent with regards to removing it from most social networks.

Will be interesting to see how long it's there for.

IT RAN ABOUT 23 MINS, SORRY I DO NOT KNOT HOW

TO LINK. THAT IS HOW I FOUND IT.

I have just seen the episode and I think the new version is waaaaaaaay better. Kaley is far more suited for the part. The theme song sucks but the geeky girl was quite nice.

Oh, and another thing, i like the fact that Sheldon is more human in this episode...he drinks BEER :icon_eek::icon_cheesygrin:

If the YouTube link is up, then I say go for it (to anyone who hasn't seen this ep)

However, should it disappear and you get stuck, let me know and I can PM you an alternate source for the ep.

For those who want to try finding it yourself...

The Swedish Bay Of Pirates is the place to search.

^ these are your clues :D

If the YouTube link is up, then I say go for it (to anyone who hasn't seen this ep)

However, should it disappear and you get stuck, let me know and I can PM you an alternate source for the ep.

For those who want to try finding it yourself...

The Swedish Bay Of Pirates is the place to search.

^ these are your clues :D

i just check the site it was running ok, it was about

4-5 months a go when i saw it. did not know if it up yet.

@moon_pie she saw it, did you used the site.

I live in n.y., does that matter youtube is world wide.

Okay. So.

That had to be the weirdest thing I've ever watched...

Considering how the show is now, I just...

What.

The only part that was comforting was when they were sitting in the restaurant and Katy said, "what's the difference?" (about where they were sitting) and Sheldon says, "what's the difference?" and I was like, THANK GOODNESS.

• Like 3

Thanks for the link. Wow, that was weird. But, it's interesting to me how true leonard and sheldon's characters were to the real thing (except when sheldon said things about sex). It's a good thing they changed it; I don't think this would have lasted!

WOW! thank you so much for link... it is just weird watching this. Everything from personalities clothes and apartment just WRONG!! thank goodness someone somewhere saw sense!

I watched it couple hours ago, and it felt very weird. It was also very surprising, how different Sheldon was - at the sperm bank in the beginning for example - he was talking about sex etc. I'm just glad they changed it, because I like the show the way it is now.

From this site's Wiki:

(from Development Update on futoncritic.com, April 17-19, 2006)

THE BIG BANG THEORY (CBS) - Amanda Walsh (Jenna Halbert on "Sons & Daughters") has landed the female lead in the comedy pilot, about two brilliant theoretical physicists (Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons) who meet a woman who shows them how little they know about real life. She'll take over for Jodi Lynn O'Keefe as Gilda, said woman in the Warner Bros. Television-based half-hour, which comes from creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. No reason for the change was given, other than it was made after the show's table read Thursday. Walsh's involvement is in second position to her duties on the ABC comedy.

It's interesting to note that Jodi Lynn O'Keefe was once considered as the female lead.  She later showed up as the prostitute, Mikayla, in the Season 2 episode, The Vegas Normalization.