The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

Roseanne

It priemired here tonight. I know its never been everyones cup of tea. Very honest LOL.  TBH I never watched it in its initial run. At the time I was only like 2 or 3. But watched it. It was alright actually. Made sense Roseanne is a Trump supporter and Metcalfs character is a Hillary Supporter. Though thy did a pretty solid job of incorparating current topics and politics in the vein of the characters. .Without being too political. TBH I am only going to watch it waiting for Johnnys apperence. Seeing Darlene and David again. 

Edited by 3ku11

I think it's great that they're portraying the current political climate within families accurately. That's brave.

Will I watch? No, cause Roseanne Barr is a loud mouthed, rude nut case and I can't stand her.

• Like 3

Yeah Roseanne is a bit over the top. But like I Said waiting for Johnnys cameo.

I not a big fan of Roseanne Barr but I do like Roseanne Conner. Mainly in early episodes  I think you can like a character on a show but not like the actor. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

On 1.4.2018 at 1:51 AM, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I not a big fan of Roseanne Barr but I do like Roseanne Conner. Mainly in early episodes  I think you can like a character on a show but not like the actor. 

Oh absolutely. It's just that by watching I'm automatically supporting the actor, which in this case (and many others) I don't wanna do. For example: I'm boycotting Kate Winslet's movies because she keeps working with Woody Allen and Roman Polanski. So unless I happen to catch a stream or something, I'm not watching. I'm happy about the Roseanne ratings though, because I absolutely heart Sara Gilbert, John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf.

• Like 1

From The Hollywood Reporter

ABC's 'Roseanne' Spinoff Officially a Go — Without Roseanne Barr

Weeks after its stunning decision to cancel Roseanne, ABC is officially moving forward with a spinoff of TV's current No. 1 series — without controversial star Roseanne Barr.

Following aggressive talks with exec producer Tom Werner, the Disney-owned broadcaster has handed out a 10-episode, straight to series order for Roseanne spinoff The Conners (working title). The new take, which will also be a multicamera comedy and premiere in the fall, will follow the Conner family who, after a sudden turn of events, are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. 

ABC stressed in its announcement Thursday that former star Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series. Werner and Barr reached an agreement that will allow Werner Entertainment to produce the spinoff for ABC without Barr’s further creative or financial participation. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Barr will retain all rights to her Roseanne Conner character and any future spinoffs beyond The Conners or any future reboots of the original.

<full article in the link>

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

From The Hollywood Reporter

ABC's 'Roseanne' Spinoff Officially a Go — Without Roseanne Barr

Weeks after its stunning decision to cancel Roseanne, ABC is officially moving forward with a spinoff of TV's current No. 1 series — without controversial star Roseanne Barr.

Following aggressive talks with exec producer Tom Werner, the Disney-owned broadcaster has handed out a 10-episode, straight to series order for Roseanne spinoff The Conners (working title). The new take, which will also be a multicamera comedy and premiere in the fall, will follow the Conner family who, after a sudden turn of events, are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. 

ABC stressed in its announcement Thursday that former star Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series. Werner and Barr reached an agreement that will allow Werner Entertainment to produce the spinoff for ABC without Barr’s further creative or financial participation. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Barr will retain all rights to her Roseanne Conner character and any future spinoffs beyond The Conners or any future reboots of the original.

<full article in the link>

they must have paid Roseanne a fair sum for the use of the characters she owns (i'm assuming). also almost guaranteed failure (imho)

Edited by ajond