The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CookieCrusher

Best Line/Quote of TBBT

So many memorable and iconic Sheldon quotes are brilliant

I have some favorites:

Ah gravity, thou art a heartless bitch !!

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. 

"WHEATON......................................................................................................!"

Sheldon(to Priya) : You may have gone to Cambridge, but I’m an honorary graduate of Starfleet academy.

What computer do you have and .....please don’t say a white one?

A "little" physics ???!!!!???!!! 

Well, then may I suggest you get a very long stick and play panty pinata.

Goodnight, and if there is an apocalypse, good luck!

(to Raj) Interesting. You're afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.

Rock papers scissors !  - Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors. :icon_wink:

Sheldon's spot explanation is another classic : 'In the winter that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm and yet not so close as to cause perspiration. In the summer it's directly in the path of a cross breeze created by opening windows there (pointing), and there (pointing again). It faces the blackboard at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide to create a parallax distortion. I could go on, but ... I think I've made my point.' 

My fave funniest Raj quotes :

Holy crap are we nerdy! 

Oh, come on, dude. A robot hand's got a death grip on your junk. It's funny. Ask anyone :icon_cheesygrin:

Shut your ASS!!!

I just have so many for other characters also, it is hard to pick a favorite 

• Like 2

My favorite Penny quote was after the "get back together" dinner in "The Beta Test Initiation"

Leonard: Well, yeah, sex with you is pretty great. Have you ever tried it?

Penny: I have. You are not wrong. 

I'm gonna throw in this statement from Penny. So up-to-date, even today. :shy:

o_0174.gif.df8f9cd2e3a51c5564200f58ec22ce6d.gif

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

BTW: I actually managed to use that in real life, recently. :) 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • It's a Tiara 1

I have so much...here are some that just came to mind:

Bernadette responding to whether some comic book hero is worthy of lifting Thor's hammer: "You don't know his life!"

What a perfect line reading by Melissa that was!

(Sheldon: She was a girl who was my friend who is now a girl who is not my friend)

Penny: Wow. That's like the worst country song ever.

Sheldon reading a research paper to sick Amy: But because of flaws in the experimental design relating to environment amd diet, they lived inconclusively ever after. The end."

That one kills me, change environment and diet for whatever is relevant and that is the conclusions part of every research paper.

Leonard to Kurt, who saw Penny kissing him: That's right, you saw what you saw, that's how we roll in the shire!

• Like 1

“I ate a butterfly” is still my favourite although Howard’s face does it for me.

Best line is Sheldon’s
“I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble Telescope does of discovering that in the center of every black hole there's a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Let's get me waxed!"

I still laugh uncontrollably every time I see it and as Amy excitedly runs down the stairs lol

Also the Buridan's donkey dialogue lines are Genius.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

"Let's get me waxed!"

I still laugh uncontrollably every-time I see it and as Amy excitedly runs down the stairs lol

Also the Buridan's donkey dialogue lines are Genius.

I find it funny that such educated people call it a donkey. Priceless ! (Sheldon's Baptist upbringing again ? LOL )

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I find it funny that such educated people call it a donkey. Priceless ! (Sheldon's Baptist upbringing again ? LOL )

I was always under the impression the word 'ass' is a bigger deal in terms of derogatory language in the US than over here. So I am not surprised they changed it to Donkey even though Ass is the correct term (genus?) for a Donkey.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I was always under the impression the word 'ass' is a bigger deal in terms of derogatory language in the US than over here. So I am not surprised they changed it to Donkey even though Ass is the correct term (genus?) for a Donkey.

Yes !  The  dilemma is generally known as 'Buridan's Ass'. I find it amusing that a couple who unselfconsciously use words like 'coitus' and 'genitals' would be mealy-mouthed about giving an animal its correct name. I heard only recently that some names we give to creatures came from early picture books. Donkey is a diminutive of Duncan, the name of the ass, and Robin was the name of the bird redbreast.

In the US I gather 'ass' is their way of pronouncing arse, which is an unpleasant word for what we call a bum, ie a bottom. 

When we in the UK call a person an ass we are calling him a silly fool, as in the Two Ronnies' sketch about a country where the national anthem went 'O wotta nass Siam', O watta nass Siam,  I yamut wit. O wottafu lam eye, O wottafu lam eye, I yam mun it.'

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

In the US I gather 'ass' is their way of pronouncing arse, which is an unpleasant word for what we call a bum, ie a bottom.

As for Fanny, that really could cause confusion. :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They haven’t had a problem using ass in either derogatory way before.

Ricky the smoking capuchin monkey was described as a bit of an ass by Shamy and Penny referred to gluing monkey hair to her ass during the Serial Apeist arc so it just seems they’d prefer the word donkey over ass in the dialogue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Yes !  The  dilemma is generally known as 'Buridan's Ass'. I find it amusing that a couple who unselfconsciously use words like 'coitus' and 'genitals' would be mealy-mouthed about giving an animal its correct name. I heard only recently that some names we give to creatures came from early picture books. Donkey is a diminutive of Duncan, the name of the ass, and Robin was the name of the bird redbreast.

When we in the UK call a person an ass we are calling him a silly fool, as in the Two Ronnies' sketch about a country where the national anthem went 'O wotta nass Siam', O watta nass Siam,  I yamut wit. O wottafu lam eye, O wottafu lam eye, I yam mun it.'

I think they just wanted to avoid confusion among viewers, as there wasn't a character like Penny in the scene who could ask about that and get an explanation.

Edited by bfm
  • Haha 1

I have a tie:
Mrs Cooper: Doesn’t matter, a good Christian would’ve turned the other cheek. On the other hand, a good Texan would’ve shot her, so, I just kind of split the difference.

and
Sheldon: Well, this is confusing for me. But I don't want to stand in the way of your happiness. So, I will condemn you internally while maintaining an outward appearance of acceptance. Mary: That is very Christian of you.

I like Mary, obviously.

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Amy: Jewelry? Seriously? Sheldon, you are the most shallow, self-centered person I have ever met! Do you really think another transparently manipulative - Oh, it's a tiara! Put it on me, put it on me, put it on me, put it on me.

• Haha 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Sheldon! God, you know, I have been in L.A. for almost two years now, and I haven’t got a single acting job, I have accomplished nothing, haven’t gotten a raise at work, haven’t even had sex in six months, and just now when I was walking up those stairs a fly flew in my mouth and I ate it.

I don’t object to the concept of a deity, but I’m baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance. 

• Like 1

S: Why are you crying?
P: Because I'm stupid!
S: Well that's no reason to cry...

s_102.gif.b63f43b1266e7d8bcd7a6ec77e8aeef5.gif

• Haha 2