Jump to content

1123 'The Sibling Realignment' (May 3)


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

'The Sibling Realignment' - Season 11, Episode 23 
Airs Thursday, May 3 at 8/7c on CBS.

When Sheldon learns that his mother won't attend his wedding unless he invites his brother, Georgie (Jerry O'Connell), he and Leonard travel to Texas to end a family feud. Also, the Wolowitz kids inadvertently infest Amy, Bernadette, Wolowitz and Koothrappali with pinkeye.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, vonmar said:

They've been raving online about Jerry O'Connell's portrayal of Georgie (George)

He was really good at that. But I agree with anyone who says the storyline came right out of Young Sheldon. What Sheldon has been telling us all these years about Georgie couldn't stand in the face of Young Sheldon. But Missy and her dad were adorable at Red Lobster. I remember my oldest daughter getting her first lobster at Disney World and she was a princess. It's funny that we think of Mom as being supported and Dad being an ass and he did better with Missy than  she did with Georgie.

The pinkeye plot was so-so. I didn't think it was that great. But I called it when I said Bernie looked like a zombie on the discussion thread before the show. Even she agreed to that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

He was really good at that. But I agree with anyone who says the storyline came right out of Young Sheldon. What Sheldon has been telling us all these years about Georgie couldn't stand in the face of Young Sheldon. But Missy and her dad were adorable at Red Lobster. I remember my oldest daughter getting her first lobster at Disney World and she was a princess. It's funny that we think of Mom as being supported and Dad being an ass and he did better with Missy than  she did with Georgie.

The pinkeye plot was so-so. I didn't think it was that great. But I called it when I said Bernie looked like a zombie on the discussion thread before the show. Even she agreed to that.

No one is going to win best make up for this episode. Seemed like a bit of a filler.could of come up with something IMO,bette than that.q. Didn't need to see the other storyline to know it related to YS. The guy playing George was good though. Credit to Leonard in getting George to go to the wedding.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I enjoyed the whole episode. It was nice to see George Jr.

Of course I have also been enjoying YS each week. Often as much or more than TBBT.

I'm glad to hear that you have been enjoying YS. I still haven't watched any more than a commercial of that show and have no desire to watch it at all. There's way too much Sheldon.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'm glad to hear that you have been enjoying YS. I still haven't watched any more than a commercial of that show and have no desire to watch it at all. There's way too much Sheldon.

misc_430.gif.46e83fb8be64453f4eed0c2db5525aef.gif

😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was ok, a solid episode.

Best thing I took from it was on a human level seeing two brothers resolve the differences they had and to forgive was nice to see. Some might say it was rushed and came to a conclusion too quickly but it's a 20 min show so that's going to happen. The casting was inspired, he just looks like the young actor from YS if you added 30 years or so to his age. Obviously now influenced by the other show he's not as bad or as thick as he has been portrayed over the years on this show, I have no doubt in my mind if YS wasn't a thing then you would have seen a very different portrayal of Georgie. Georgie IMO would have turned up at some point and at this wedding, I could just see him being a very different character without the other show, the writers would have made him a lot different.

The Pinkeye plot had its moments (Penny jumping over the couch to block Howard and the Purell moment with her laptop) but overall I didn't find it that funny. They wanted to have them do something whilst Sheldon and Leonard were away and that;s what they just came up with, a story involving them and the kids in some way (and a reminder they exist).

Woe is me Raj is never a good look nor do I enjoy seeing it so Raj being miserable about being single and not having a date for the wedding didn't do much for me. I didn't feel sad for him.

I laughed at the Shamy skype scene, I do enjoy their Skype moments a lot and the whole hiding/peripheral vision conversation was funny.

Overall a solid but not spectacular episode for me. Again and this is just my observation or feeling that we saw more examples of the dialogue or delivery being not as sharp as it used to be. That opening scene and that Pinkeye scenes in particular.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

The PInkeye plot had its moments (Penny jumping over the couch to block Howard and the Purell moment with her laptop) but overall I didn't find it that funny. They wanted to have them do something whilst Sheldon and Leonard were away and that;s what they just came up with, a story involving them and the kids in some way (and a reminder they exist).

Woe is me Raj is never a good luck and nor do I enjoy seeing it so Raj being miserable about being single and not having a date for the wedding didn't do much for me. I didn't feel sad for him.

 

Totally agree! As for Raj, Karma is coming around to bite him in the butt. This is what he gets for all that bragging about dating Emily and Claire at the same time. I have no sympathy for him as well. Sort of reminds me of a John Lennon song "Instant Karma".

Edited by chucky
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice episode. My biggest LOL was Amy Skyping in profile. 

It was nice that Sheldon and George made up although it indeed felt rushed. George's complaints against Sheldon are an important angle we haven't seen in TBBT. It was taken out of YS though, so no effort on the part of TBBT team. I think O'connell did a great job. Leonard though should be given credit for the reconcilliation, but as usual his contribution is ignored. 

I didn't like the joke about Penny being a bully though, that is an exaggeration. And suddenly Leonard doesn't consider his brother a bully? Come on. These writers retcon anything for a certain story point. They could have him say his brother bullied him but he has forgiven him or does not consider him all that terrible.

The pink eye plot was light and moderately funny. I found Penny the funniest among the 5.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, bfm said:

Nice episode. My biggest LOL was Amy Skyping in profile. 

It was nice that Sheldon and George made up although it indeed felt rushed. George's complaints against Sheldon are an important angle we haven't seen in TBBT. It was taken out of YS though, so no effort on the part of TBBT team. I think O'connell did a great job. Leonard though should be given credit for the reconcilliation, but as usual his contribution is ignored. 

I didn't like the joke about Penny being a bully though, that is an exaggeration. And suddenly Leonard doesn't consider his brother a bully? Come on. These writers retcon anything for a certain story point. They could have him say his brother bullied him but he has forgiven him or does not consider him all that terrible.

The pink eye plot was light and moderately funny. I found Penny the funniest among the 5.

Nicely said! That bully line really was uncalled for!  And Leonard bringing the brothers together was great to see and totally in character.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Nice episode. My biggest LOL was Amy Skyping in profile. 

It was nice that Sheldon and George made up although it indeed felt rushed. George's complaints against Sheldon are an important angle we haven't seen in TBBT. It was taken out of YS though, so no effort on the part of TBBT team. I think O'connell did a great job. Leonard though should be given credit for the reconcilliation, but as usual his contribution is ignored. 

I didn't like the joke about Penny being a bully though, that is an exaggeration. And suddenly Leonard doesn't consider his brother a bully? Come on. These writers retcon anything for a certain story point. They could have him say his brother bullied him but he has forgiven him or does not consider him all that terrible.

The pink eye plot was light and moderately funny. I found Penny the funniest among the 5.

I was actually expecting him to say the bully was Beverly.  And when he said it was Penny, I thought, “No that doesn’t fit with what I’ve seen in the last 11 years.”  Sure she has her moments but you can also see those are either teasing jabs or her hiding her insecurities.  But being mean to him just to be mean or for shits and giggles.....No.

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Nicely said! That bully line really was uncalled for!  And Leonard bringing the brothers together was great to see and totally in character.

I agree, do the writers even see what they wrote in previous episodes? Leonard goes from generally disliking his brother to he's alright. I've never seen Penny as a bully towards Leonard. The only bully I have seen in the show is Bernadette. 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I didn't like the joke about Penny being a bully though, that is an exaggeration. And suddenly Leonard doesn't consider his brother a bully? Come on. These writers retcon anything for a certain story point. They could have him say his brother bullied him but he has forgiven him or does not consider him all that terrible.

The pink eye plot was light and moderately funny. I found Penny the funniest among the 5.

What you typed.

I really liked the depiction of Georgie.  Though, like Leonard's brother - suddenly he wasn't a bully?  He didn't bully Sheldon during the 13 years their dad was alive?  Leonard wasn't bullied by his brother or mother?  This is a 180.  Georgie can be a bully and then shift to being 'the man of the house'.  Doesn't make him less of a bully.  I thought the Georgie, as depicted was terrific and I wouldn't mind seeing him, again, in the future.

The pink eye plot was 5 minutes of plot stretched to 12.  Loved Penny's super hero move over the couch.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I really liked the depiction of Georgie.  Though, like Leonard's brother - suddenly he wasn't a bully?  He didn't bully Sheldon during the 13 years their dad was alive?  Leonard wasn't bullied by his brother or mother?  This is a 180.  Georgie can be a bully and then shift to being 'the man of the house'.  Doesn't make him less of a bully.  I thought the Georgie, as depicted was terrific and I wouldn't mind seeing him, again, in the future.

I thought they found a nice balance here with him openly admitting that he did the Star Trek thing because he thought it was hilarious. Like, not everything he did was to coddle Sheldon in some way - he was still a bully at other times but it's more in line with, well, siblings sometimes being assholes to each other. He's not a saint all of a sudden and imho it works to explain the difference between YS and what Sheldon and even Mary said about him in TBBT. Sheldon simply didn't know the whole truth and Mary is just very biased towards Sheldon - I think it's a very believable perspective coming from these characters.

I also really liked the casting! Excellent choice!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If George is really as Mary described him, ie. dumb as soup, how did he ever become a successful businessman?

1st) Mary is painted as biased towards Sheldon and compared to his intellect everyone with an average IQ is "dumb as soup". Probably also just an exaggeration on her part here.

2nd) You don't need a high IQ for becoming a successful businessman - you need people skills and hard work (which is something they showed with Georgie George in that phone call).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.