1123 'The Sibling Realignment' (May 3)

Tripper

30 minutes ago, April said:

1st) Mary is painted as biased towards Sheldon and compared to his intellect everyone with an average IQ is "dumb as soup". Probably also just an exaggeration on her part here.

2nd) You don't need a high IQ for becoming a successful businessman - you need people skills and hard work (which is something they showed with Georgie George in that phone call).

Totally agree. I sense a an influence from that show that shouldn't be mentioned. A little Harry Potter reference. 😊

7 hours ago, veejay said:

Yeah again. I don’t care about Sheldon anymore, old or young…

I can't stand Young Sheldon. Just can't stand it although some of the performances are good.

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I didn't like the joke about Penny being a bully though, that is an exaggeration. And suddenly Leonard doesn't consider his brother a bully? Come on.

I thought that whole thing was very funny. The parts at the tire shop were the best parts of the show.

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I can't stand Young Sheldon. Just can't stand it although some of the performances are good.

I thought that whole thing was very funny. The parts at the tire shop were the best parts of the show.

I have to agree to a degree. The Sheldon, Leonard and George scenes were the best parts. The rest , I got a couple of giggles from.

I thought the episode was good, it gave Sheldon a different perspective on what his brother went thru as a kid, I agree the George/Sheldon/Leonard stuff was the best part. The pink eye story line was funny .

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I didn't like the joke about Penny being a bully though, that is an exaggeration. And suddenly Leonard doesn't consider his brother a bully? Come on. These writers retcon anything for a certain story point. They could have him say his brother bullied him but he has forgiven him or does not consider him all that terrible.

The pink eye plot was light and moderately funny. I found Penny the funniest among the 5.

I forgot about the bully remark, it was definitely out of place especially in this season where she has been good to Leonard.  Last season it could have been taken with less objection but not this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, April said:

1st) Mary is painted as biased towards Sheldon and compared to his intellect everyone with an average IQ is "dumb as soup". Probably also just an exaggeration on her part here.

2nd) You don't need a high IQ for becoming a successful businessman - you need people skills and hard work (which is something they showed with Georgie George in that phone call).

(Love your edit!!!!!)

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I have to agree to a degree. The Sheldon, Leonard and George scenes were the best parts. The rest , I got a couple of giggles from.

I would really like to see Georgie come back for another episode next season.  He could bring that whore he is dating, like Mary calls her, and her and Penny could hit it right off which could bother Penny because she could see herself being the same way if she didn’t meet Leonard.  I think a great scene would be George’s girl and Penny standing in the kitchen while the guys talk science and Penny explains to the girl what they are saying resulting in the girl telling Penny that she is so smart to be able to understand them.  

The tag scene could be Sheldon, Howard and Leonard getting George to play HALO with them, then Penny, Bernadette , Amy and George’s girl show up at the door:

Penny:  we’re bored and decided to go across the hall, get naked and make out with each other.

Guys:  nothing, just keep playing HALO

Penny:  See, told-yea, wine girls

Girls:  all nod then leave closing door behind them

Leonard:  Stops game, Did you guys hear something?

Guys:  No, they all resume playing

End credits.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, chucky said:

It was cute.

I have lived the pink eye story in real life,(it was family wedding)  wasn't funny then but last night was 

Edited by RoRo

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If George is really as Mary described him, ie. dumb as soup, how did he ever become a successful businessman?

BTW: I agree with George. Never patch a tyre.

The most horrible, dimbulb, man I know has a talent for knowing where money is to be made. He owns four shops. He was able to buy his children cars and set them up in businesses of their own. He's as  thick as pig-manure when it comes to anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

I would really like to see Georgie come back for another episode next season.  He could bring that whore he is dating, like Mary calls her, and her and Penny could hit it right off which could bother Penny because she could see herself being the same way if she didn’t meet Leonard.  I think a great scene would be George’s girl and Penny standing in the kitchen while the guys talk science and Penny explains to the girl what they are saying resulting in the girl telling Penny that she is so smart to be able to understand them.  

The tag scene could be Sheldon, Howard and Leonard getting George to play HALO with them, then Penny, Bernadette , Amy and George’s girl show up at the door:

Penny:  we’re bored and decided to go across the hall, get naked and make out with each other.

Guys:  nothing, just keep playing HALO

Penny:  See, told-yea, wine girls

Girls:  all nod then leave closing door behind them

Leonard:  Stops game, Did you guys hear something?

Guys:  No, they all resume playing

End credits.

I'd love to see that, but the writers don't have enough imagination to pull that off.😆

11 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I also LOVED the dig at Tony Romo.

I HATE the fuckin' Cowboys.  If Saddam Hussein and the Republican Guard went up against the Cowboys, I'd root for Saddam Hussein and the Republican Guard.

Got away with that because Romo is on Fox. I'm not a Cowboy fan but your alliance with Hussein is a bit strange. Shouldn't George though been a Houston fan? Though Sheldon did reference though Leon Lett in the Thanksgiving episode

Edited by Chrismo

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Got away with that because Romo is on Fox. I'm not a Cowboy fan but your alliance with Hussein is a bit strange. Shouldn't George though been a Houston fan?

...Troy Aikman is on  FOX as well......Roger Staubach fan here.  Charlie Waters, a defensive back for the Cowboys in the mid '70's-early 80's is my favorite football player EVER (and I am a NY Giants fan!!!!)

Just now, hokie3457 said:

...Troy Aikman is on  FOX as well......Roger Staubach fan here.  Charlie Waters, a defensive back for the Cowboys in the mid '70's-early 80's is my favorite football player EVER (and I am a NY Giants fan!!!!)

Troy Aikman won a couple Super Bowls though

15 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I HATE the fuckin' Cowboys.  If Saddam Hussein and the Republican Guard went up against the Cowboys, I'd root for Saddam Hussein and the Republican Guard.

Everyone hates the Cowboys lol. Though my Packers have their kryptonite on the team in Godgers lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Troy Aikman won a couple Super Bowls though

Three for Troy; Two for Roger Staubach (against 2 Super Bowl losses). None for Tony Romo. Not even a Super Bowl appearance.

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

Three for Troy; Two for Roger Staubach (against 2 Super Bowl losses). None for Tony Romo. Not even a Super Bowl appearance.

Romo was all talk and no action and injury prone. Now he's off to a new career in golf.

And now I feel like Penny/Amy/Bernie when the guys talk about comic books... No idea what is happening.

(Same thing happens when you guys talk about comic books/SW/ST by the way 😁)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Well I actually liked this episode I enjoyed it more than last weeks, the pinkeye plot was the more entertaining one. It was funny how everyone got it but Penny, and Amy's reaction to Penny not getting it was great. It was good that Leonard helped Sheldon with his brother  even though he didn't want to be there. As for Leonard's implying Penny was a bully doesn't fit mean yes but not a bully, it should of been his mother he said was the bully.Although I liked this episode I didn't like the fact  that this was the second episode in a row where there was no Lenny, not even a scene where they where both in which was disappointing. 

Edited by Zephon75

7 hours ago, SRAM said:

I would really like to see Georgie come back for another episode next season.  He could bring that whore he is dating, like Mary calls her, and her and Penny could hit it right off which could bother Penny because she could see herself being the same way if she didn’t meet Leonard.

My gut feeling is that she's not a whore, anymore than George was as dumb as soup. Mary just doesn't like her.

5 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Oh, I forgot the dig against Tony Romo. How could I do that? I never him, either.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Tony Romo

I never cared for him, the NFL analysts seemed to call him the next best quarterback. He never lived up to that praise. He had an injury filled career at Dallas. Now, he's attempting to be a pro golfer.

8 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Got away with that because Romo is on Fox. I'm not a Cowboy fan but your alliance with Hussein is a bit strange. Shouldn't George though been a Houston fan? Though Sheldon did reference though Leon Lett in the Thanksgiving episode

Georgie wears a Houston Oilers shirt on YS.  The Oilers no longer exist, as that team moved to Tennessee and became the Titans back in the late 90s.  Houston was awarded an expansion team in the 2000s that became the Texans.  I'm assuming that when the Oilers left Georgie became a Cowboys fan.