Jump to content

1123 'The Sibling Realignment' (May 3)


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

Georgie wears a Houston Oilers shirt on YS.  The Oilers no longer exist, as that team moved to Tennessee and became the Titans back in the late 90s.  Houston was awarded an expansion team in the 2000s that became the Texans.  I'm assuming that when the Oilers left Georgie became a Cowboys fan.

I get that. I think with the rivalry that he would more likely become of a fan of a different team. I would especially think with an expansion team he would leave root for that team. Then again the Romo line wouldn't of worked. I'm from Chicago. If the Bears moved I wouldn't become a Packer fan since there near by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I get that. I think with the rivalry that he would more likely become of a fan of a different team. I would especially think with an expansion team he would leave root for that team. Then again the Romo line wouldn't of worked. I'm from Chicago. If the Bears moved I wouldn't become a Packer fan since there near by.

The only folks who hate Dallas more than folks in Washington are those in Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good episode overall although I hated some of the retconning they did, like Leonard saying Sheldon has never actually thanked him for all that he's done (8x12, 9x10), or calling Penny a bully (I don't know what they were going for there, but it was certainly NOT funny). The pink eye plot got a few chuckles out of me, and that Skype scene was beyond adorable. And I agree with the posters who said that hadn't it been for YS, most of us would have viewed George in a totally different light.

The Sheldon-Leonard-Georgie scenes were on point and the casting choice for Georgie was absolutely remarkable. I only wish the pink eye storyline could have been shortened further to give more time to these 3. And lol, I was totally Leonard when Sheldon and Georgie patched things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

Good episode overall although I hated some of the retconning they did, like Leonard saying Sheldon has never actually thanked him for all that he's done (8x12, 9x10), or calling Penny a bully (I don't know what they were going for there, but it was certainly NOT funny). The pink eye plot got a few chuckles out of me, and that Skype scene was beyond adorable. And I agree with the posters who said that hadn't it been for YS, most of us would have viewed George in a totally different light.

The Sheldon-Leonard-Georgie scenes were on point and the casting choice for Georgie was absolutely remarkable. I only wish the pink eye storyline could have been shortened further to give more time to these 3. And lol, I was totally Leonard when Sheldon and Georgie patched things up.

But admitting Sheldon thanked Leonard would of effectively ended the plot since George would Wonder if he is able to thank him but not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 One fear I had was we would continue to see Georgie next year.  But I liked Leonard/Georgie and Leonard/ Georgie Sheldon.  I also liked Penny a lot in this episode and found Amy’s anger at her pretty funny.  The Penny bullies

Leonard was weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But admitting Sheldon thanked Leonard would of effectively ended the plot since George would Wonder if he is able to thank him but not me.

I get what you mean, but I wish the writers could have come up with another solution, rather than completely dismissing Sheldon's actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

I get what you mean, but I wish the writers could have come up with another solution, rather than completely dismissing Sheldon's actions.

If you point out the Sheldon thank you's you are gonna have to point out the times he didn't. The story worked because Leonard understood both the brothers complaints. If anything Mary should of straightened out the situation since the reality is she was the cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SpoonMouse said:

Good episode overall although I hated some of the retconning they did, like Leonard saying Sheldon has never actually thanked him for all that he's done (8x12, 9x10), or calling Penny a bully (I don't know what they were going for there, but it was certainly NOT funny). The pink eye plot got a few chuckles out of me, and that Skype scene was beyond adorable. And I agree with the posters who said that hadn't it been for YS, most of us would have viewed George in a totally different light.

The Sheldon-Leonard-Georgie scenes were on point and the casting choice for Georgie was absolutely remarkable. I only wish the pink eye storyline could have been shortened further to give more time to these 3. And lol, I was totally Leonard when Sheldon and Georgie patched things up.

While it's not accurate to say Sheldon never thanked Leonard, the times he thanked him are very few compared to the times he should have thanked him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bfm said:

While it's not accurate to say Sheldon never thanked Leonard, the times he thanked him are very few compared to the times he should have thanked him.

What about "Leonard's day"? :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by veejay
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bfm said:

And now I feel like Penny/Amy/Bernie when the guys talk about comic books... No idea what is happening.

Same here. 🙂

15 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

mean yes but not a bully 

I think Kathy Geiger might disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

Plus by the time Sheldon got through with all the caveats it was certainly not Leinard’s day.

Creating "Leonard's Day" was Sheldon's way to get Leonard to sign the Roommate Agreement, only to then pull the rug out from Leonard and ignore the Leonard's Day celebration. Almost like Lucy moving the football as Charlie Brown tries to kick it, sending him to busting his rear end on the ground.  😁

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I'm from Chicago. If the Bears moved I wouldn't become a Packer fan since there near by.

I don't know anyone that would. Although my disappointment with them was eased SLIGHTLY by what they did for Devin Hester.

 

10 hours ago, Chrismo said:

If you point out the Sheldon thank you's you are gonna have to point out the times he didn't. The story worked because Leonard understood both the brothers complaints. If anything Mary should of straightened out the situation since the reality is she was the cause.

This is tricky. It's one of those things everyone will see differently. Mary obviously favored Sheldon all along and the others knew it, but was that unfair, or because Sheldon generally needed more attention? Is it now a habit? Or is she just so darned excited he's finally getting married that she wants everyone in her family to see it and though that it was time the brothers made up and this was the place to do it? If it's the latter, it worked.  The other opinion among people I know is that she was just butting in where she didn't belong, and that's just as valid an opinion.

it all boils down to the question of whether you personally believe  it's better to treat all your kids the same, even if they require different things, or if you handle them based on what they need. This can be overdone. My husband drives me crazy trying to find presents exactly the same price for our grandsons, even when they are asking for specific things that happen to be different prices and that's what they really want. I concede that's a simplified example, but it can be expanded on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't know anyone that would. Although my disappointment with them was eased SLIGHTLY by what they did for Devin Hester.

 

This is tricky. It's one of those things everyone will see differently. Mary obviously favored Sheldon all along and the others knew it, but was that unfair, or because Sheldon generally needed more attention? Is it now a habit? Or is she just so darned excited he's finally getting married that she wants everyone in her family to see it and though that it was time the brothers made up and this was the place to do it? If it's the latter, it worked.  The other opinion among people I know is that she was just butting in where she didn't belong, and that's just as valid an opinion.

it all boils down to the question of whether you personally believe  it's better to treat all your kids the same, even if they require different things, or if you handle them based on what they need. This can be overdone. My husband drives me crazy trying to find presents exactly the same price for our grandsons, even when they are asking for specific things that happen to be different prices and that's what they really want. I concede that's a simplified example, but it can be expanded on.

I don’t know if anything about how Mary treated Sheldon versus the others is clear to any of us who don’t watch young Sheldon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I don’t know if anything about how Mary treated Sheldon versus the others is clear to any of us who don’t watch young Sheldon.

But now we know how George felt about it when he grew up, and his feelings must be considered valid to him, whether or not anyone involved actually saw it that way at the time. I have to go look up the Missy eps again. That might help me form a better opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But now we know how George felt about it when he grew up, and his feelings must be considered valid to him, whether or not anyone involved actually saw it that way at the time. I have to go look up the Missy eps again. That might help me form a better opinion.

I think also it appears even if you don’t watch YS George was closer to his father. A good example is his knowledge of football. He is no casual fan. Sheldon has complained about all the football had to watch. The only time football was ever mentioned was the Leonard trying to learn football because of a Penny and thanks giving with Bernie’ s father. Both times the topic was not brought up by him. Also Mary had mentioned how dumb George and Missy are. Ironic since she’s not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've long considered writing a fanfic in which Missy tells Amy how she feels like a bad mother because she loses patience with her son because his intelligence reminds her too much of 'the crap' she grew up with. Amy reassures her the lad merely has a high IQ and not 'that asparagus thing' nor any other vegetable for that matter.

Perspectives when one is a child are different from adult ones and strange ideas persist. When we were in our thirties I once had a very enlightening conversation with my sister. Growing up I'd thought she must be resentful because I was considered the bright ( US smart)  one and was always being bought things for school that she didn't need.  It turned out she'd felt sorry for me because when we were young she had the pretty dresses when I had to have uniform clothes,she could go out with her friends while I stayed in doing homework, and she had toys when I had to have geometry sets and pens.

It's occurred to me ever since Sheldon started mentioning the ages at which he accomplished things, that since had a twin and an older brother, there must be a family story waiting to be told. Now I'm wondering about the studying in Germany that George mentioned - I'd hitherto imagined that as  Sheldon was a 'visiting professor' he'd have been paid. Also, I thought he must have had scholarships and bursaries throughout his advanced education and not caused his family too much expense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Also, I thought he must have had scholarships and bursaries throughout his advanced education and not caused his family too much expense

You would think so.

2 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

I don’t know if anything about how Mary treated Sheldon versus the others is clear to any of us who don’t watch young Sheldon.  

I don't watch YS, so I give no credence to what is spoken there.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I think also it appears even if you don’t watch YS George was closer to his father. A good example is his knowledge of football. He is no casual fan. Sheldon has complained about all the football had to watch. The only time football was ever mentioned was the Leonard trying to learn football because of a Penny and thanks giving with Bernie’ s father. Both times the topic was not brought up by him. Also Mary had mentioned how dumb George and Missy are. Ironic since she’s not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Well if you listen to Sheldon, George Jr grew up just like the dad. But YS has probably changed that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Now I'm wondering about the studying in Germany that George mentioned - I'd hitherto imagined that as  Sheldon was a 'visiting professor' he'd have been paid. Also, I thought he must have had scholarships and bursaries throughout his advanced education and not caused his family too much expense.

In physics, you do not pay for your graduate degree. 

You have scholarships and grants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

In physics, you do not pay for your graduate degree. 

You have scholarships and grants.

Thanks, that's another solved mystery for me. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they specifically mention grad school with the debt?  Not sure if reality is important here, but Leonard could have a bunch of undergrad debt.  Princeton  (in theory) doesn’t  give merit scholarships to undergrads (just need based).  You could amass a lot of debt if your parents aren’t inclined to fund it all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.