Jump to content
In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

1124 'The Bow Tie Asymmetry' (May 10)


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I see no problem at all with her not wearing glasses, it's an emotional event with crying (tears of joy) and all that, glasses also potentially steaming/fogging up.

Makes sense that she wouldn't wear glasses and would wear contacts instead IMO.

My problem is that Sheldon said she looked weird without glasses, but didn't seem to mind this time. I'm quite sure the writers forgot that. Also, we hadn't seen Amy forgo her glasses before, not for the other weddings or the prom, so it's not like something she does on special occasions.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bfm said:

My problem is that Sheldon said she looked weird without glasses, but didn't seem to mind this time. I'm quite sure the writers forgot that. Also, we hadn't seen Amy forgo her glasses before, not for the other weddings or the prom, so it's not like something she does on special occasions.

As I've said several times, the writers don't remember what they write from week to week. I really don't think they care and don't think the fans can remember either. Apparently they are very wrong in that regard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon doesn't need to go to Missy for a kidney.

Amy is a match to him.

They have the same bIood type, which is a necessary condition in order to be considered a match, but then you have to run further tests. A sibling is much more IikeIy to pass those tests.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiny personal remark to the numerous hilarities.

w_sh08.gif.d75df7d0ff9446a673b9acf5bdf5aa00.gif

That was the Penny I love on this show!
I also like the smirking face of Missy when Mary take indignantly her seat after Penny’s "smackdown". :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, veejay said:

Tiny personal remark to the numerous hilarities.

w_sh08.gif.d75df7d0ff9446a673b9acf5bdf5aa00.gif

That was the Penny I love on this show!
I also like the smirking face of Missy when Mary take indignantly her seat after Penny’s "smackdown". :icon_cheesygrin:

I loved how Penny handled both mother's-in-law. Just wish she'd put Beverly in her place and stop worrying about getting her approval. It's obvious she has her father-in-laws approval and definitely Leonard's approval. What more does she need? Missy was a trip. Great acting on her part.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the show did a "meta-joke" with the "Mark Hamill answering (or not answering) people's questions about SW", sometimes, the writers and/or actors knew less about their own show than the fans, let alone hard-core fans. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I don't think Amy was wearing contact Ients, as she put her gIasses on to read the equations SheIdon wrote on the mirror and off as soon as Penny asked them to proceed with the ceremony; she just went gIasses free for a day, maybe this is a continuity error, I don't think it's a huge deaI, most peopIe do that on their wedding day 

Being emotionaI whiIe wearing contact Ients is not very comfortable either, IoI!

I can imagine!

I would have to wear glasses lol, blind as a bat without them everything a blur.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

 

It's not a good idea to wear contact lenses while swimming.

https://www.visiondirect.co.uk/eye-care-centre/is-it-safe-to-swim-with-contact-lenses-in

 

Yeah I know but at my age, I rarely actually “swim” in public.  It’s usually floating on an inner tube on the lazy river or going down the slides.  But I literally can’t see with out corrective lenses and contacts are safer than glasses when going down the slides....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I thought the show did a "meta-joke" with the "Mark Hamill answering (or not answering) people's questions about SW", sometimes, the writers and/or actors knew less about their own show than the fans, let alone hard-core fans. 

YES! It reminded me of when Jon Pertwee was asked some Doctor Who question about the Tardis at a con and he pointed to a guy in the audience and said that the other fan could probably answer that question better than he could. Stuart was the other fan in the ep.

  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chucky said:

As I've said several times, the writers don't remember what they write from week to week. I really don't think they care and don't think the fans can remember either. Apparently they are very wrong in that regard.

It would seem they are not wrong. They figured out what they needed to do for success. Lets face it most fans just tune in for the show and can't be bothered to get on a forum to talk about it. We don't get millions of participants here.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

It would seem they are not wrong. They figured out what they needed to do for success. Lets face it most fans just tune in for the show and can't be bothered to get on a forum to talk about it. We don't get millions of participants here.

Gotta say, of all the fandoms I've been active in this one feels like the smallest, weirdly enough.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon doesn't need to go to Missy for a kidney.

Amy is a match to him.

As a kidney donor myself I can ensure you that there are way more things than just the blood type that should match.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, djsurrey said:

It would seem they are not wrong. They figured out what they needed to do for success. Lets face it most fans just tune in for the show and can't be bothered to get on a forum to talk about it. We don't get millions of participants here.

This is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

It would seem they are not wrong. They figured out what they needed to do for success. Lets face it most fans just tune in for the show and can't be bothered to get on a forum to talk about it. We don't get millions of participants here.

ehh, yes and no!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bfm said:

My problem is that Sheldon said she looked weird without glasses, but didn't seem to mind this time. I'm quite sure the writers forgot that. Also, we hadn't seen Amy forgo her glasses before, not for the other weddings or the prom, so it's not like something she does on special occasions.

Amy  wouldn't want him freaking out on the day. She'd no doubt modelled her specsless face for Sheldon on several occasions so he could get used to it . Perhaps she had some temporary contact lenses made. He'd never have learned to deal with it on the other occasions. Since they've lived together he's gained a lot of tolerance and she's gained a lot of confidence in her ability to help him adjust. I'm sure If he was wobbling she'd have kept on the glasses she used for the equations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, bfm said:

My problem is that Sheldon said she looked weird without glasses, but didn't seem to mind this time. I'm quite sure the writers forgot that. Also, we hadn't seen Amy forgo her glasses before, not for the other weddings or the prom, so it's not like something she does on special occasions.

Considering he’s lived with her for about 2 years now, I’m sure he’s gotten used to seeing her plenty of times without her glasses on.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I don't think Amy was wearing contact Ients, as she put her gIasses on to read the equations SheIdon wrote on the mirror and off as soon as Penny asked them to proceed with the ceremony; she just went gIasses free for a day, maybe this is a continuity error, I don't think it's a huge deaI, most peopIe do that on their wedding day 

Being emotionaI whiIe wearing contact Ients is not very comfortable either, IoI!

I wear contact lenses and my opinion is different on this. As tears help your eyes to be not dry, it is not that unconfortable if you get emotional. Besides I am blind like a bat without contact lenses or without  glasses so I would need to wear contacts in such great event like a wedding, lol!

Anyway I agree Amy was not wearing contact lenses. Amy is not that blind without glasses . When she and Sheldon made love for the first time, she removed her glasses as they talked and the way she looked at him was not from someone who would not see anything without glasses. So I can see her to be just without glasses for the wedding ceremony though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps she had some temporary contact lenses made.

I'd say yes, but we didn't see her put them in. When Penny came in she just took off the glasses and they left.

 

14 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Considering he’s lived with her for about 2 years now, I’m sure he’s gotten used to seeing her plenty of times without her glasses on.

Definitely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2018 at 11:02 AM, bfm said:

My problem is that Sheldon said she looked weird without glasses, but didn't seem to mind this time. I'm quite sure the writers forgot that. Also, we hadn't seen Amy forgo her glasses before, not for the other weddings or the prom, so it's not like something she does on special occasions.

She had beautiful eye-make up on and Sheldon liked the way she looked, so she carried her glasses in case she had to read anything. Can one have contact lenses for walking about and then put glasses on top if one needs enhanced vision, say for reading red figures on a mirror ? 

33 minutes ago, James14 said:

Can't wait for this to come to uk

Only three days now ..... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2018 at 6:42 AM, chucky said:

I loved how Penny handled both mother's-in-law. Just wish she'd put Beverly in her place and stop worrying about getting her approval. It's obvious she has her father-in-laws approval and definitely Leonard's approval. What more does she need? Missy was a trip. Great acting on her part.

I think Penny got Beverly's approval when she bonded with her via Skype and phone calls and stated to Leonard that of all her childrens spouses she is the one she most impressed by and is her favorite......so Leonard married well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2018 at 11:25 AM, Mario D. said:

I think Penny got Beverly's approval when she bonded with her via Skype and phone calls and stated to Leonard that of all her childrens spouses she is the one she most impressed by and is her favorite......so Leonard married well

Personally, I think Penny tries too hard to accommodate Beverly. Beverly proved in Episode 10/23 that she has more respect and interest in Amy and Bernadette than her daughter-in-law. There' a reason she wasn't informed of the first wedding as she would start citing all the reasons they shouldn't get married. I'm shocked that she wasn't invited to Sheldon's wedding. More than likely Mary insisted she not be there. More than likely Mary would have insisted they invite Alfred if Beverly came.  😉

Edited by chucky
to to too
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.