Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
CookieCrusher

Did you notice...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In the scene where Howard and Bernadette first meet, they are in the back seat of Leonard's car as they are driving to dinner.

Is it just me or did all of you all also noticed that the front seats were missing their head rests?

 

Edited by CookieCrusher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That happens in a lot of car scenes, especially if there are passengers in the back seat.  It's simply a way of getting better viewing angels.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 5:25 AM, CookieCrusher said:

In the scene where Howard and Bernadette first meet, they are in the back seat of Leonard's car as they are driving to dinner.

Is it just me or did all of you all also noticed that the front seats were missing their head rests?

 

Yes you could see where they'd been removed from their slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Is it a legal requirement, to have headrests in cars, in America?

In cars that come with them, yes.  Some older cars didn't have them, and those are not required to have them.   There are still some cars in America  (a very small number, granted) that do not have seat belts.   In most states, if the car didn't have them when it was manufactured, the car isn't required to have them.  However, if the car is ever sold, they must be installed before the new owner purchases it.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

However, if the car is ever sold, they must be installed before the new owner purchases it.  

Surely you wouldn't have to fit seat-belts to a car like this, prior to selling it?

Lacoste_et_Battmann_1904_on_London_to_Br

I mean, where would you even attach seat-belts?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For true antiques, exceptions can be applied for.   Mostly cars from the fifties and early sixties are the cars that the law is aimed at.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can laugh bfm, but here in the UK, enthusiasts still drive cars like that.

We even have an annual special event for them, called the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run.

 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did any one else notice how much older Missy looked when she and Amy first meet..compared to when Missy was first introduced in season 4 (I think it was season 4)?

The woman who played Amy's mother is not the same person that played Amy's mother when Sheldon said "I must make love to Amy's vagina..."....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

Did any one else notice how much older Missy looked when she and Amy first meet..compared to when Missy was first introduced in season 4 (I think it was season 4)?

The woman who played Amy's mother is not the same person that played Amy's mother when Sheldon said "I must make love to Amy's vagina..."....

Missy first appeared in season 1, ten yeara ago. So yeah she looks older :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bfm said:

Missy first appeared in season 1, ten years ago. So yeah she looks older :)

She's also acquired a husband and child since her first appearance - more than enough to age a woman, especially if her little boy is like Sheldon and/or takes after his great -grandad Tucker. We also don't know whether Missy's husband is disabled from the motorbike accident he had when the first baby was due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

She's also acquired a husband and child since her first appearance - more than enough to age a woman, especially if her little boy is like Sheldon and/or takes after his great -grandad Tucker. We also don't know whether Missy's husband is disabled from the motorbike accident he had when the first baby was due.

 The actress also had a baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

 The actress also had a baby

The one she was expecting when they made 11/24 or did she have one before that  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, joyceraye said:

The one she was expecting when they made 11/24 or did she have one before that  ?

She wasn't really pregnant when they taped 11×24. I saw pictures of her baby on her Instagram.

Edited by bfm
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

She wasn't really pregnant when they taped 11×24. I saw pictures of her baby in her Instagram.

How odd. I wonder why they had her pregnant in the episode then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, joyceraye said:

How odd. I wonder why they had her pregnant in the episode then ?

I think Holland said it was to give her something to work with in such a crowded episode.

Edited by bfm
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Did you notice that Raj speaks Hindi, despite never having learnt it?

Another mistake by our fabulous writers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Did you notice that Raj speaks Hindi, despite never having learnt it?

He'd have had lessons in it while he was at school. Just because it didn't sink in enough for him to call himself a Hindi-speaker doesn't mean he won't have learned some phrases such as yoga terms and song titles or advertising jingles. Some people are not good linguists despite years of teaching. Nevertheless they can't help picking up a smattering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheldon says "when I try to deceive, I myself have more nervous tics than a Lyme disease research facility", yet, when he fist met Leonard, he effortlessly  lied to Leonard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon says "when I try to deceive, I myself have more nervous tics than a Lyme disease research facility", yet, when he fist met Leonard, he effortlessly  lied to Leonard.

Yeah the writers have a habit of forgetting things. Sheldon didn't do his infamous triple knocks in season 1 or some of it anyway.

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Sheldon first did his triple knock in episode1x10 and it was on Leonard's bedroom door.

Thank you, I knew it wasn't the entire first season. It's great to know I'm not senile, yet.  😌

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.