Lenny Wish List

Kathy2611

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

So, in the "Tenant" episode, Penny wasn't on Leonard's side?

Oh....sorry about that!  I forgot that one!  Ok then from now on then.  I’ll fix it and add a few more on the list I thought of....

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this list Kathy! Here are my wishes:

1. I'd love to see Penny show interest in Leonard's work like she did in Holographic. And it'd be awesome if she could help him out with some work related dilemma.

2. I wish we could see a more in-sync Lenny. I loved that scene in the finale when he silently poured wine into Penny's glass at the end of Mrs.Fowler's rant.

3. And like Kathy already mentioned, I wanna see a more physically passionate Lenny. Not something along the lines of Lime-kiss (that was a wonderful 1 time occurence) but something better than cheek kisses and hugs.

4. I wish we could see the return of Wyatt. The guy was seriously amazing.

5. And I wish the jokes about "omg the nerd got the hot girl!!!11" are gone for good. Give the guy a break! Leonard isn't lucky to have found Penny, they're BOTH lucky to have found each other.

6. But, most importantly, I just wanna see them having fun with each other, like the underwear dance they did in 10x04.

I maybe a hardcore Shamy shipper, but Amy wasn't on the show till the end of S3. I never would have gotten hooked on the show hadn't it been for Lenny (and of course Sheldon). I was a Lenny shipper first, and will always (lol I hope the always didn't make it worse) be one, no matter what. I just wish the writers would give them more to work with in S12.

Edited by SpoonMouse
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

One thing that has always been high up on my wishlist is a roadtrip to Nebraska to see Penny's parents and their farm.

I would just like every other Lenny-fan, see some more intimacy and affection between Leonard and Penny, some scenes from the lost bedroom would be really nice.

A pregnant (with twins of course) Penny would be an awesome story arc in my opinion, but before she gets pregnant, I would really want the writers to do something with her work, because for several seasons has the writers brought up her work situation and then done nothing about it.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 7

Some of mine were alrady written by others... Here are some others I have:

First child!!! I know some don't want that but them still not concieving and not even trying or planning on trying really hurts my suspension of disbelief. If 12 is the last season they could just have Penny pregnant all along and giving birth in the finale. They could have her a different kind of pregnant than Bernadette, like surprisingly enthusiastic about pregnancy, motherhood and their future child (contrasting with her normal demeanor).

Leonard becoming head of department - yeah it's kind of in the "work achievements" category but more specific. I think he's kind of a silent leader. He knows how to deal with quirky stubborn people, he could do well with the craziness going on in that department (isn't it comprised of Kripke, Sheldon, Raj, Ramona and maybe Leslie Winkle if she returns...?). 

Randall visiting/they visit him and Leonard gets along with him and helps him.

Show the other side of the Lenny relationship more - Penny marrying the genius. They took that angle a little bit here and there but not that much... I think it's interesting, much more than "Nerd got the hot girl!!!" for the thousandth time.

More affection and mutual support had been said but I really want that!

Penny succeeding in something, whether it is work or a hobby or whatever...

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bfm said:

Some of mine were alrady written by others... Here are some others I have:

First child!!! I know some don't want that but them still not concieving and not even trying or planning on trying really hurts my suspension of disbelief. If 12 is the last season they could just have Penny pregnant all along and giving birth in the finale. They could have her a different kind of pregnant than Bernadette, like surprisingly enthusiastic about pregnancy, motherhood and their future child (contrasting with her normal demeanor).

Leonard becoming head of department - yeah it's kind of in the "work achievements" category but more specific. I think he's kind of a silent leader. He knows how to deal with quirky stubborn people, he could do well with the craziness going on in that department (isn't it comprised of Kripke, Sheldon, Raj, Ramona and maybe Leslie Winkle if she returns...?). 

Randall visiting/they visit him and Leonard gets along with him and helps him.

Show the other side of the Lenny relationship more - Penny marrying the genius. They took that angle a little bit here and there but not that much... I think it's interesting, much more than "Nerd got the hot girl!!!" for the thousandth time.

More affection and mutual support had been said but I really want that!

Penny succeeding in something, whether it is work or a hobby or whatever...

Perfectly stated. I can find nothing to argue with you with. Great job! 😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Kathy2611 said:

If season 12 really is going to be the last season, what would you like to see from Lenny that we haven’t seen yet (or in Lenny’s case, again).  I’ll edit this to keep adding to the list so we can see one big list....

More physical affection (hugging, kissing, etc.) like they used to

Their outings that they’ve done off screen instead of hearing about it.

Advance in their careers 

Mutually supporting each other (careers, against Sheldon’s antics, etc.)

More scenes in the bedroom (not necessarily in a dirty way, writers, but if you want to I don’t think you’d hear any complaints....)

Leonard putting Beverly in her place.

Penny taking Leonard’s side over Sheldon’s from now on.

Nebraska road trip 

Award / achievements in their careers

Leonard gaining higher self esteem

Penny shows interest in Leonard’s work and helps him with a work related dilemma 

More in-sync Lenny dynamic

Able to see more of the family including ones not seen yet (Penny’s sister, Leonard’s siblings)

Enough with the “Penny settled” (NOT true and not funny) or “Nerd got the hot chick” jokes.   Penny marrying the genius arc instead.

Having fun together.  Just the two of them.  With no one else around.  Especially Sheldon.

Do something with Penny’s career and stick with it instead of dropping it and not mentioning it again.

Family planning!  Seriously talking about it, planning it, a pregnancy scare (and disappointment if it’s really negative), anything.  Just something!  

A pregnancy arc were Penny’s pregnancy is the opposite of Bernie’s

Leonard getting ahead in his department or promotion of some kind

Penny succeeding in something.  Work or hobby related

A visit from Randall with Leonard getting along with him and helping him 

Great list the only things I can think besides these are.

Leonard arranges a surprise birthday party for Penny.

Leonard & Penny , find a hobby or interest that they enjoy doing together.

I'd like to see Penny's locket again.

I'd also like to see the snowflake one last time before the show ends.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Great list the only things I can think besides these are.

Leonard arranges a surprise birthday party for Penny.

Leonard & Penny , find a hobby or interest that they enjoy doing together.

I'd like to see Penny's locket again.

I'd also like to see the snowflake one last time before the show ends.

Great suggestions!

I once thought Penny could secretly have a coin collection, she would hide this from all but her husband so as to not damage her Cool Girl image. Leonard and Penny would go out once in a while with his metal detector to find coins. The gang could get suspicious about what their doing and think all kinds of stuff. (I may incorporate that in the fic I'm starting-continuing)

• Like 2

• Focus on Pennys Career
  • Road Trip
  • Penny Pregnancy Plot. If S12 is the last season. Could see this being the major story arch for them. Kaley playing a different side of being pregnant. Yes would b funny. Getting really hormonal. And needing Leonard. If you catch my drift lol. Maybe could reveal it at the end of the 12th premeire with a alone  Penny scene, that Penny is pregnant. 
  • Leonard getting Tenure or Becoming a Professor
  • More Lenny having Dinner
  • Watching TV
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:
  • Focus on Pennys Career
  • Road Trip
  • Penny Pregnancy Plot. If S12 is the last season. Could see this being the major story arch for them. Kaley playing a different side of being pregnant. Yes would b funny. Getting really hormonal. And needing Leonard. If you catch my drift lol. Maybe could reveal it at the end of the 12th premeire with a alone  Penny scene, that Penny is pregnant. 
  • Leonard getting Tenure or Becoming a Professor
  • More Lenny having Dinner
  • Watching TV

Or an alone Lenny scene 😀

• Like 1

My main wish is for them to finally give in and embrace their different interests rather than fight it and criticise. I’ve always said Lenny is so similar to my wife and I. We are very different people with very different interests but 26 years of marriage has taught us to accept those differences and enjoy each other finding unexpected joy in unfamiliar experiences. On our trip to US last year, she unexpectedly nerded out at all the space and science museums she initially resisted. I went along and revelled in her joy at meeting the Cake Boss in Hoboken and cooking in New Orleans. I’ve endured 25 years of sitting through episodes of Bold and the Beautiful with her but found funny ways to engage in conversations about the ridiculousness of it all. After years of flying solo at trivia nights mrs itwas has joined me in recent years and contributed in her own way and enjoys it.

And our trials and tribulations in pushing each other and the resulting reactions have been bloody hilarious. Plenty of comedy in our different lives. That’s what I want to see in the Lenny marriage in season 12. Finding common interests through risking it instead of staying distant and sitting around 4a doing nothing.

And now back to the cave for another 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

My main wish is for them to finally give in and embrace their different interests rather than fight it and criticise. I’ve always said Lenny is so similar to my wife and I. We are very different people with very different interests but 26 years of marriage has taught us to accept those differences and enjoy each other finding unexpected joy in unfamiliar experiences. On our trip to US last year, she unexpectedly nerded out at all the space and science museums she initially resisted. I went along and revelled in her joy at meeting the Cake Boss in Hoboken and cooking in New Orleans. I’ve endured 25 years of sitting through episodes of Bold and the Beautiful with her but found funny ways to engage in conversations about the ridiculousness of it all. After years of flying solo at trivia nights mrs itwas has joined me in recent years and contributed in her own way and enjoys it.

And our trials and tribulations in pushing each other and the resulting reactions have been bloody hilarious. Plenty of comedy in our different lives. That’s what I want to see in the Lenny marriage in season 12. Finding common interests through risking it instead of staying distant and sitting around 4a doing nothing.

And now back to the cave for another 3 months. emoji12.png

Great to see you itwas! And great wish and stories!

• Like 1

Great to see you itwas! And great wish and stories!

May turn up a few times during hiatus. There’s that slight sense of joy and happiness between seasons that I can enjoy and embrace before the depressing reality of Sheldon induced Lenny suppression sets in during the season that brings everyone down.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

And now back to the cave for another 3 months. emoji12.png

I wholeheartedly agree. They need to brace the marriage and get away from that blasted island bar and get out and enjoy being married. Sometimes they walk around on egg shells not risking the others ire by saying something they both don't agree on. really love your suggestions.

I believe there some folks that would like for me to go to my man cave for 3 or months. 😉

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chucky said:

I wholeheartedly agree. They need to brace the marriage and get away from that blasted island bar and get out and enjoy being married. Sometimes they walk around on egg shells not risking the others ire by saying something they both don't agree on. really love your suggestions.

I believe there some folks that would like for me to go to my man cave for 3 or months. 😉

The kitchen island in 4A is almost as iconic on the 4A set as the couch. :sarcastichand:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Sexy bedroom scenes:kissing: and smart and beautiful babies:party: They do kind of go together. And doing fun things together:drinks: and lots of laughing:friends: and making us laugh.

Yeah, let hope that they find Lenny's bedroom to season 12 that would be more than awesome.

tumblr_m0n5spN6831rn4qwao1_250.thumb.gif.91df2b6d05e1573d394e68e9bf72ea78.gif

• Like 3

I think most of my wishes have been covered. I would like to see more substantial hints about future Lenny children, even if it's just some indication that they are thinking about it and feel they are ready. Hope you all have a great summer. I'll probably be commenting even less than usual...plan on making the most of this summer now that I won't have to do multiple 7 hour drives to Toronto for health reasons...

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

I think most of my wishes have been covered. I would like to see more substantial hints about future Lenny children, even if it's just some indication that they are thinking about it and feel they are ready. Hope you all have a great summer. I'll probably be commenting even less than usual...plan on making the most of this summer now that I won't have to do multiple 7 hour drives to Toronto for health reasons...

I also would love to hear discussions of at least the desire for children. I know Bernadette and Howard has cheated us of our possibilities of having those smart and beautiful kids. I guess Sheldon had to be right about them being imaginary. The writers/Holland don't want to think about another baby, unless it's for their darling shamy.

• Like 1

Regarding Lenny babies. We already know that Leonard and Penny want to have kids. So, the question is not if they want to have kids, but when they will start to have them...

Season 9, Episode 16 – "The Positive Negative Reaction"

Leonard: So, you ever think about it?

Penny: Babies? Well, I’m not in a rush but someday, yeah, sure. What about you?

Leonard: I think we’d make amazing parents.

Season 11, Episode 11 - "The Celebration Reverberation"

Leonard: We've been married two years. Should we think about what's next? Like buying a house or having a baby?

Penny: Look, I wanna do all those things someday...

So one wish for season 12 on my list: Let Leonard and Penny have serious talks about kids, that build upon the examples I gave above.

• Like 5