Lenny Wish List

12 minutes ago, Polly said:

Even with the focus on the Nobel quest nonsense , we could have had our beloved Lenny discussing babies at the kitchen island once in a while , i would have been totally oky with that. 

I would have too, but the writers mindset was totally on the Nobel mess with just a tad of time sprinkled on the others. Those episodes featuring those other scientists trying for the same Nobel were not needed. That time could have been used on the other cast members.

• Like 2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If season 12 really is going to be the last season, what would you like to see from Lenny that we haven’t seen yet (or in Lenny’s case, again).  I’ll edit this to keep adding to the list so we can se

Some of mine were alrady written by others... Here are some others I have: First child!!! I know some don't want that but them still not concieving and not even trying or planning on trying reall

Thanks for starting this list Kathy! Here are my wishes: 1. I'd love to see Penny show interest in Leonard's work like she did in Holographic. And it'd be awesome if she could help him out with s

Posted Images

On 1/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, chucky said:

I would have too, but the writers mindset was totally on the Nobel mess with just a tad of time sprinkled on the others. Those episodes featuring those other scientists trying for the same Nobel were not needed. That time could have been used on the other cast members.

Totally agree  So many episodes were devoted to Shamy quest for the Nobel prize and even in season 11 most of the episodes dealt with Shamy planning their wedding. I still cannot get over having an episode about picking a wedding date!!!  And as I suggested previously the scene in which Polly mentioned whereby Penny and Leonard hug after he admits he does not want to donate his sperm to Zack and Marissa, was the perfect time to expand that and have them discuss about having a child. But I guess the writers knew better

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

the scene in which Polly mentioned whereby Penny and Leonard hug after he admits he does not want to donate his sperm to Zack and Marissa, was the perfect time to expand that and have them discuss about having a child. But I guess the writers knew better

No, they didn't know better, they were firmly in Shamyland and didn't care about the other cast members.

You know what. All through seven 11 i genuinely thought they were preparing us for a nice pregnancy arc for Lenny in season 12.  😂😂 And what did we get ?? A lot of crap. 

And i'm sorry if I sound like a broken record but how nice would it have been to see ON SCREEN Penny announcing her pregnancy to Leonard ?? 

Remember that scene with the gang's pre-trip meeting ? Totally useless , boring, unfunny moment. Replace it with Pennny telling Leonard the good news and you get a nice touching ( and knowing these two, most likely funny ) moment. 

Edited by Polly
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Polly said:

And i'm sorry if I sound like a broken record but how nice would it have been to see ON SCREEN Penny announcing her pregnancy to Leonard ?? 

Totally agree. Don't worry about a broken record, what you said was true. Season's 11 and 12 were Shamy  specific and most were not needed. 

• Leonard Cupid 1

7 hours ago, chucky said:

No, they didn't know better, they were firmly in Shamyland and didn't care about the other cast members.

Yeah  I know that was sarcasm!

3 hours ago, Polly said:

You know what. All through seven 11 i genuinely thought they were preparing us for a nice pregnancy arc for Lenny in season 12.  😂😂 And what did we get ?? A lot of crap. 

Remember that scene with the gang's pre-trip meeting ? Totally useless , boring, unfunny moment. Replace it with Pennny telling Leonard the good news and you get a nice touching ( and knowing these two, most likely funny ) moment. 

Totally agree  And in a way the writers and producers kind of cheated us out of that moment after 12 years of supporting this show

• Like 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

14 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Totally agree  And in a way the writers and producers kind of cheated us out of that moment after 12 years of supporting this show

We've been well and truly shafted !!! 

Main female character of the show gets pregnant and we don't get to see her reaction when she finds out ?? Like what the h*ll ?? Im actually still upset about it ( I should maybe move on lol ) 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Was it? When it comes to TBBT, I have no love or respect for the writers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i've just rewached season 10 and i forgot how bad it was for Lenny ! And to think it started so well with their wedding redo , it really went downhill after that . 

Penny's words to Leonard "how indredibly happy you make me" , well it would have been nice to see that on screen because she didn't look happy at all . I remember thinking she was just behaving like a spoiled brat, really pis*ed me off. ( i have a bit more sympathy now though after rewatching )

I was almost hoping Leonard would suggest a temporary separation until she figured out what she needed ( although he didn't seem aware she was  in a bad place, i don't know , i'm still very confused, they never really adressed anything  apart from the episode with the stupid relation agreement, another f*cking brilliant idea. ) 

Lenny were just shadows of themselves  and there was way too much snark and meanness , not very enjoyable. 

it was nice to see she softened a bit in season 11 

Hope you're all keeping well ! 

Edited by Polly
typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Polly said:

So i've just rewached season 10 and i forgot how bad it was for Lenny ! And to think it started so well with their wedding redo , it really went downhill after that . 

Penny's words to Leonard "how indredibly happy you make me" , well it would have been nice to see that on screen because she didn't look happy at all . I remember thinking she was just behaving like a spoiled brat, really pis*ed me off. ( i have a bit more sympathy now though after rewatching )

I was almost hoping Leonard would suggest a temporary separation until she figured out what she needed ( although he didn't seem aware she was  in a bad place, i don't know , i'm still very confused, they never really adressed anything  apart from the episode with the stupid relation agreement, another f*cking brilliant idea. ) 

Lenny were just shadows of themselves  and there was way too much snark and meanness , not very enjoyable. 

Yes, the snarky Penny was alive an well in season 10, as well as,  seasons 11 and 12. To me, she seemed to care more about Sheldon's feelings and well being than her husband. But, we can thank the writers for the snarkiness from Penny. As long as Shamy was good, then the other couples didn't matter.

15 hours ago, Polly said:

Have to agree season 10 was not the best for Lenny. Even the re-do wedding was marred by Sheldon and his obnoxious attitude. He was just rude and spiteful the whole episode even to his own mother. So much of his dialogue was unnecessary. Even the hug at the end took away from Penny and Leonard's moment. I also recall about three episodes in a row where they had Lenny arguing or bickering. In retrospect I guess this was the beginning of the Sheldon/Shamy show. And you are correct in seasons 11 and 12 Lenny was softened and more loving to each other.Think this was because Holland was the showrunner and not Molaro.

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

And you are correct in seasons 11 and 12 Lenny was softened and more loving to each other

But, there was still snarky moments. Remember he having children discussions and the first kiss argument. Seasons 11 and 12 were better, but there were still arguments. Far more than the other couples.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

But, there was still snarky moments. Remember he having children discussions and the first kiss argument. Seasons 11 and 12 were better, but there were still arguments. Far more than the other couples.

Yes the no children episode was a downer but I think the first kiss in the halloween episode was kind of cute in that how she explained it to Leonard although the memorable kiss should have been their first official date......with the cat is alive

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Yes the no children episode was a downer but I think the first kiss in the halloween episode was kind of cute in that how she explained it to Leonard although the memorable kiss should have been their first official date......with the cat is alive

Yeah, that's true. But she could have told him sooner to lessen his angst. The writers had to stretch it out.

• Like 1

oh the no children episode was hard to watch 😩 i actually felt sorry for both of them. Penny got zero suppport from her friends, Bernie was being a condescending bi*ch and Amy was creepy and weird. And I didn't like that Leonard phoned Wyatt behind her back ( that's a conversation i would have loved to hear) . I thought it was a petty move , although she didnt seem mad at him at the end. 

And poor Leonard . she could have and should have found a more sensitive and tactful way of breaking the news to him instead of dropping the bomb on him ... His reaction omg he went from being happy thinking they might be expecting to dissapointed and  angry ( Im not mad !!! LOl ) in like 30 seconds. Super acting by Johnny by the way. 

And the look on her face says it all, she knows she hurt him deeply. Despite her snarky bitchy mean attitude towards him at times , he's still the last person she wants to hurt. 

i don't think i'll be rewatching that one .

Edited by Polly
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Polly said:

And I didn't like that Leonard phoned Wyatt behind her back ( that's a conversation i would have loved to hear) . I thought it was a petty move 

It was petty and something Leonard wouldn't probably ever do. That was the writers thinking it's funny, we'll go with it. Penny should have discussed the no baby decision before it was made.

• Leonard Cupid 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

It was petty and something Leonard wouldn't probably ever do. That was the writers thinking it's funny, we'll go with it. Penny should have discussed the no baby decision before it was made.

yeah well, i don't know about you but i don't remember laughing much, i didn't laugh at all actually. 

And as selfish as Penny can be sometimes , i really don't see her making such a decision without discussing it with her Pop-Tart first. The whole thing was poorly wtitten . And don't get me started on the sperm donation nonsense!! Hey poor Leonard is heartbroken because his wife has decided ( for both of them ) they won't  have children , le'ts have him donate his sperm to another couple. The whole idea was just crass. 

Edited by Polly
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Polly said:

yeah well, i don't know about you but i don't remember laughing much, i didn't laugh at all actually. 

And as selfish as Penny can be sometimes , i really don't see her making such a decision without discussing it with her Pop-Tart first. The whole thing was pororly wtitten . And don't get me started on the sperm donation nonsense!! Hey poor Leonard is heartbroken because his wife has decided ( for both of them ) they won't  have children , le'ts have him donate his sperm to another couple. The whole idea was just crass. 

I didn't think it was funny either. Don't get me started on my opinions on the writers. The sperm donation was ridiculous and needless. 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, chucky said:

I didn't think it was funny either. Don't get me started on my opinions on the writers. The sperm donation was ridiculous and needless. 

they definitely made many many questionnable choices , not just with Lenny mind you but i did get upset with the way my favourite couple was written 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Polly said:

they definitely made many many questionnable choices , not just with Lenny mind you but i did get upset with the way my favourite couple was written 

As did I. The show went from a ensemble show to the Shamy Show.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chucky said:

As did I. The show went from a ensemble show to the Shamy Show.

yep, totally. Which makes it hard for me to watch because from season 7 onwards , i can't stand him any more  , i don't mind her too much though . 

I'm about to start season 11 again, gonna skip all the Shamy parts because ugh and focus on Lenny 

Edited by Polly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Polly said:

I'm about to start season 11 again, gonna skip all the Shamy parts because ugh and focus on Lenny 

I have Direct TV. I record the episode and fast forward past the Shamy parts. 

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

I have Direct TV. I record the episode and fast forward past the Shamy parts. 

and you end up with very short episodes , 5 minutes tops. 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Polly said:

and you end up with very short episodes , 5 minutes tops. 😂

True, but to me it's better than watching just Shamy. Sometimes you can watch the gang together or Howard, Bernadette with Lenny. But, Shamy by themselves, get passed.

oh I get it, i do the same for season 4, I skip all the parts with Priya ( can't stand her)  but enjoy the rest of the episodes . I'll do the same for the Shamy parts from now on.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1