Lenny Wish List

3 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Always interested to read your insights.  I just went on a rant because the Penny/Leonard relationship was stifled in many ways, especially after season nine. I always felt they could have done more meaningful episodes in the dramatic sense to utilize their talents. And now Kaley's talent is showing what could have been.

agreed. they both were untapped resource in the later seasons , a real shame 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If season 12 really is going to be the last season, what would you like to see from Lenny that we haven’t seen yet (or in Lenny’s case, again).  I’ll edit this to keep adding to the list so we can se

Some of mine were alrady written by others... Here are some others I have: First child!!! I know some don't want that but them still not concieving and not even trying or planning on trying reall

Thanks for starting this list Kathy! Here are my wishes: 1. I'd love to see Penny show interest in Leonard's work like she did in Holographic. And it'd be awesome if she could help him out with s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Polly said:

agreed. they both were untapped resource in the later seasons , a real shame 

Affirmative. It was a shame and waste of Johnny and Kaley's talent.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Tensor said:

Any competent actor (note, competent, not necessarily great) can do that.  After a certain amount of time, as a character, it becomes part of you.  All of them, played their parts for 12 years (9 for the last two) and it's like flipping a switch.   I was in a play that lasted four months, with two months of rehearsals.  By midway through the run, your reactions are almost automatic.   The struggle is not playing the character, but to bring the same amount of energy every night.   In the case of TV, you also have the director, the showrunner, and the executive producer telling you how your character should act, which limits what you are able to do. 

And, while the various situations change weekly, for the TV show, the character doesn't very much, if at all week to week.   I think that's why she loved the "I love you" scene so much.  It let her examine Penny's vulnerable side.  There were very few times Penny was caught out in those, and most of them the conversation was cut off (think the first girls night, or Leonard's "what about me" on New Years Eve.), or played for a laugh (her breakdown at Leonard dating Priya).    The only similar situations, I feel,  where Kaley was allowed to explore those emotions, were the breakup at the bowling alley, where she's crying and apologizing to him, and the drunken proposal scene, where she breaks down about how her life is going, and  in a moment of clarity, although not at the right time, she finally understands Leonard's importance in her life.  

Perfectly explained as always @Tensor:good2:

• Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

oh boy i'm half way through season 11 ,  what a nice change for Lenny compared with seasons 8-10. Im exaggerating a bit but it almost feels like they've rediscovered their bond !! There are things that still rub me the wrong way but overall I'm a happy lenny lover so far , they're very much in sync, there's nice banter between them, I missed that. I've watched the Bitcoin episode twice in two days 😍😍 wonderful!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polly said:

oh boy I'm half way through season 11 ,  what a nice change for Lenny compared with seasons 8-10. I'm exaggerating a bit but it almost feels like they've rediscovered their bond !! There are things that still rub me the wrong way but overall I'm a happy lenny lover so far , they're very much in sync, there's nice banter between them, I missed that. I've watched the Bitcoin episode twice in two days 😍😍 wonderful!

Season 11 did have some nice times, but way too much unneeded Shamy wedding planning for my tastes.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

Well it was the wedding of the year * insert one of Penny's almighty eyerolls here* . I still can't believe there's a whole episode dedicated to him picking a date. 

Too bad we never found out what happened with that PR position Penny was considering. I could totally see our girl thrive in that kind of job. 

Oh well she's happy , she thinks their life is great and man , doesn't she look gorgeous in that season? The best she's looked since the start of the show IMO 

Edited by Polly
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Well it was the wedding of the year * insert one of Penny's almighty eyerolls here* . I still can't believe there's a whole episode dedicated to him picking a date. 

Too bad we never found out what haappened with that PR position Penny was considering. I could totally see our girl thrive in that kind of job. 

Oh well she's happy , she thinks their life is great and man , doesn't she look gorgeous in that season? The best she's looked since the start of the show IMO 

That episode about picking a wedding date was the most ridiculous episode in the whole series not in just season 11. It was so unnecessary when they could have so many better stories to tell. Speaking of the wedding I thought that Penny was more beautiful in the maid of honor dress than the bride........but everyone to their own.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

That episode about picking a wedding date was the most ridiculous episode in the whole series not in just season 11. It was so unnecessary when they could have so many better stories to tell. Speaking of the wedding I thought that Penny was more beautiful in the maid of honor dress than the bride........but everyone to their own.

It was beyond ridiculous ,  a total waste of time!! I don't remember much from the Shamy wedding apart from Mark Hamill and  that Penny was awesome as a maid of honour ( can't remember what she was wearing though!! ). Amy's dress was a disaster anyway, she looked ridiculous in my opinion , like a big pile of used tissues. 

Speaking of Penny Really?! Well I’ve got a figure of speech about how sexually promiscuous you can go be with yourself.  

This is my favourite Penny quote of the season ( along with " I married you , jackass 😆 that's the Penny I love and I was missing her ). 

The regular Penny slut-shaming is the thing that annoys me the most. They were able to not bring up  how much of a creep Howard was ( much worse , in my book, than a young woman enjoying her sexuality ), it would have been to extend the courtesy to Penny once she got engaged and then married. Rant over. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Speaking of the wedding I thought that Penny was more beautiful in the maid of honor dress than the bride

You are so right!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Polly said:

It was beyond ridiculous ,  a total waste of time!! I don't remember much from the Shamy wedding apart from Mark Hamill and  that Penny was awesome as a maid of honour ( can't remember what she was wearing though!! ). Amy's dress was a disaster anyway, she looked ridiculous in my opinion , like a big pile of used tissues. 

Speaking of Penny Really?! Well I’ve got a figure of speech about how sexually promiscuous you can go be with yourself.  

This is my favorite Penny quote of the season ( along with " I married you , jackass 😆 that's the Penny I love and I was missing her ). 

The regular Penny slut-shaming is the thing that annoys me the most. They were able to not bring up  how much of a creep Howard was ( much worse , in my book, than a young woman enjoying her sexuality ), it would have been to extend the courtesy to Penny once she got engaged and then married. Rant over. 

Agree on both Penny quotes and your opinion of Amy's wedding dress. The writers did take pleasure in their slut-slamming of Penny.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

You are so right!

Yep I agree too! She looked really beautiful ( I'm not being bad and that's the very biased Lenny lover in me speaking but I think Dr&Mrs Hofstadter looked better than the bride and groom ... I loved the moment they walked away and she put her arm around him, so cute 😍

Lenny were clearly in a supportig role this season (i feel like i barely saw Johnny G) but overall , i liked what i saw. 

Penny had some of the best lines , I really liked her this season. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Polly said:

Yep I agree too! She looked really beautiful ( I'm not being bad and that's the very biased Lenny lover in me speaking but I think Dr&Mrs Hofstadter looked better than the bride and groom ... I loved the moment they walked away and she put her arm around him, so cute 😍

Lenny were clearly in a supportig role this season (i feel like i barely saw Johnny G) but overall , i liked what i saw. 

Penny had some of the best lines , I really liked her this season. 

They can say what they want, but at least Lenny didn't have Kripke singing at either of their weddings.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Polly said:

This is my favourite Penny quote of the season ( along with " I married you , jackass 😆 that's the Penny I love and I was missing her ). 

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.  In the beginning the shameless remarks and innuendoe were maybe to get peoples attention for the show. However, after Penny and Leonard were engaged and then married these slutty remarks should have stopped or at the very least the writers should have had Leonard defend her. But no they had to keep up the sexual history jokes. For me, the worst line was Penny describing when she was about 17 being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther. So disgraceful it bordered on censor violation.

• Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.  In the beginning the shameless remarks and innuendoe were maybe to get peoples attention for the show. However, after Penny and Leonard were engaged and then married these slutty remarks should have stopped or at the very least the writers should have had Leonard defend her. But no they had to keep up the sexual history jokes. For me, the worst line was Penny describing when she was about 17 being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther. So disgraceful it bordered on censor violation.

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Tasteless , crass and very disturbing to be honest. I can't believe they even thought this would be funny. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Tasteless , crass and very disturbing to be honest. I can't believe they even thought this would be funny. 

Absolutely not funny and completely unnecessary. It hit home for me as I have two daughters and two granddaughters and hopefully will be smarter and  not have to deal with this type of situation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Absolutely not funny and completely unnecessary. It hit home for me as I have two daughters and two granddaughters and hopefully will be smarter and  not have to deal with this type of situation

So true! I have 4 daughters and a granddaughter and I have the same hopes for them!

• Like 2