The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

The Workplace Romance Conundrum

Started my new fic about a possible Denise/Stuart romance and perhaps exploring some of the fears that a workplace romance might have. Especially when Stuart's business is doing well and he attributes that also to Denise's impact since she was hired.

It's going to be much smaller than my 17,000 word stories. Probably 3 or 4 chapters max. No plans really, just writing it as I go along and hopefully enough ideas stick and work.

If anyone is interested in reading or following it can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12933936/1/The-Workplace-Romance-Conundrum

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So glad you are writing this, @Jonny. Denise and Stuart possible romance doesn't stop to growing on me, lol! 

Anyway, I think it was a good start and a good job on Stuart. Looking foward to reading more!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidergirl said:

So glad you are writing this, @Jonny. Denise and Stuart possible romance doesn't stop to growing on me, lol! 

Anyway, I think it was a good start and a good job on Stuart. Looking foward to reading more!

Thanks! 😊

It's honestly one of the main things I have been thinking about from the finale and going into next season. Probably the Shamy project and whether or not Denise sticks around and perhaps has a relationship with Stuart.

I actually think there could be some potential there, well as much as there can be considering the status of the characters on the show.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

I enjoyed it. I hope Stuart is going to be a gentleman and not rush things. I want Denise to stay and keep the customers rolling in.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I enjoyed it. I hope Stuart is going to be a gentleman and not rush things. I want Denise to stay and keep the customers rolling in.

I dunno if it was clear enough (quite possible) but he did run off at the end, I had him kind of freaked out by her sudden advances. I could see a lot of potential issues from a Denise/Stuart relationship, a lot work related with the shop doing really well now.

There is this theory of ruining a good thing, like you sometimes have friends who hook up and become more than friends but it doesn't work out and their relationship is never the same. Some never act on their feelings for fear of that.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I dunno if it was clear enough (quite possible) but he did run off at the end, I had him kind of freaked out by her sudden advances. I could see a lot of potential issues from a Denise/Stuart relationship, a lot work related with the shop doing really well now.

There is this theory of ruining a good thing, like you sometimes have friends who hook up and become more than friends but it doesn't work out and their relationship is never the same. Some never act on their feelings for fear of that.

I thought he was running to fetch a taxi, not running off. I thought Denise was afraid he was running away but that it would turn out he wanted to take her somewhere.

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I thought he was running to fetch a taxi, not running off. I thought Denise was afraid he was running away but that it would turn out he wanted to take her somewhere.

Yeah, he ran away. He didn't look back which for me was the sign, though I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Denise was silent because she immediately thinks judging from his reaction she may have messed it up by making her move. He's getting a taxi to get out of there lol

I'm probably going to do a chapter with her trying to process what happened and the fears of that as well as Stuart's reaction to it all with perhaps some advice from Howard and Bernie.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read both chapters tonight, left you reviews and followed. Really enjoying this and so happy to see a Stuart story that has him as more than a sad sack. Looking forward to reading more. 

• Like 1