Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

13th season is it worth it?

Season 13  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the show to extend to a 13th season?

• Yes
    • No

We won't know until May 2019 in advance. But I was just wondering what everyone thinks the Pros and Cons are here. Obvious Con Overstaying your welcome. Pro I guess this forum ha. Just putting a poll. Would you like a 13th season or not?

Season 11 was the first season ever that a thought crossed my mind that perhaps the show is starting to 'creak a bit'. I think there were a lot of stories that perhaps weren't as well crafted or executed, dialogue that didn't have that punch it once had, I think they also had to dip into some of their older material perhaps tweak it a bit and sell it as new when it really wasn't and obviously so.

But despite that, I still think they produced a lot of quality episodes, scenes and moments as well and viewing figures indicate that the show is still resonating with the audience.

Short answer? Yes, I think if everyone is on board, still happy to keep doing it, think they have enough ideas and material for a 13th Season and the moneymen are happy to pay for it then I think they should do a 13th season.

• Like 2

No. Season 11 was better than 10 IMO because seasons 8-10 were very bad Lenny-wise. But I'm afraid they would just keep dragging The Sheldon Show. Everything will still be about Sheldon/Shamy, Lenny will remain stagnant and just give some punches here and there, Howardette will be tired from taking care of the kids here and there, and Raj will be Raj. Unless they make interesting changes that freshen it up I really don't think another season would do the show any good. In fact it could just keep hurting it's image, overshadowing the good days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Everything will still be about Sheldon/Shamy

To be fair, Before Amy arrived, Lenny had three seasons, where they were very centre stage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

To be fair, Before Amy arrived, Lenny had three seasons, where they were very centre stage.

Sheldon started getting much more screen time than Leonard in season 2 and is has been 8 years since Amy arrived. I'm not saying forget about Sheldon/Shamy and I generally like them, it's just too much for me, making me get tired mostly of Sheldon.

• Like 3

Lenny only really had the first two seasons where they dominated story archs. Beyond S3 when it started becoming more relationship driven. Sheldon started getting more screen time then Leonard. And by end of S3 when Lenny broke up. It became decidedly less. But of course the show had better balance back then regardless.

I also agree S11 was far supeior to S9 and 10. I Guess even more so if your a LP supporter. I just felt the writing this year was better as a whole. IT is interesting ppl say they hav noticed the show declining a bit this year. I have noticed that since S8 LOL. Its been gradually declining every season since. I guess to be expected with a multi camera sitcom coming on its 12th season. But I really beleive major complacency has set in with the writers. SO i am kinda in two minds about wanting a 13th season. That was always my concern with multi season renewals. IS that, their is that real potential for complacency and laziness.

Example relying on repeated cannon and stories. When your starting a show, your desperate to establish the show and its characters. But once you ascertain a certain lvl of success. Theirs not that real drive anymore. I guess you could argue they could of ended the show at S6. Lenny gt married, Shamy are together/gray area. I am glad they did not in retrospect. But you could argue they dragged the show out ova the past five seasons some what. So that is why i would not mind a confirmed 12th season. Means they can take some time planning out the final 24 episodes or so, and putting their best work into all of them.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Actually, that's not true.  Penny and Sheldon had more time alone on screen in the first two seasons than Leonard and Penny.  And in season three, Leonard and Penny were dating and Sheldon and Penny still had more time alone.    Seasons four was more Shamy centered.  Season five had Lenny leading by eight minutes.   Season six had the best balance, slight favoring Lenny.    Since season seven, it's been more and more Shamy, as they have over 80 minutes more than Lenny.  And with four episodes to add to the time in season 11, Shamy has added another 23 minutes to their lead.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

To be fair you can't compare some.thing that isn't comparable. There was also only 5 characters basically the first three seasons.

I have a feeling the show 'll keep going and going.

Unless they do a flash forward episode where Iain Armitage portrays Sheldon's son, and therefore becomes himself. Creating a Cooper-Ouroboros, which opens a portal in time and suddenly it's Season One again. 

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Tensor said:

Actually, that's not true.  Penny and Sheldon had more time alone on screen in the first two seasons than Leonard and Penny.  And in season three, Leonard and Penny were dating and Sheldon and Penny still had more time alone.    Seasons four was more Shamy centered.  Season five had Lenny leading by eight minutes.   Season six had the best balance, slight favoring Lenny.    Since season seven, it's been more and more Shamy, as they have over 80 minutes more than Lenny.  And with four episodes to add to the time in season 11, Shamy has added another 23 minutes to their lead.   

Wow  80 minutes more of screen time  That is really eye-opening.  No doubt as everyone has surmised this has become the Sheldon show.  Hopefully season 12 will be a bit more balanced in the storylines. You know I can recall only one episode where Sheldon was not the main plot. It was in the last episode of season 10 when Penny and Leonard had their pre-wedding dinner. Sheldon was a secondary figure and not central to the story as Amy kept telling him to play with his phone.  I enjoyed this episode very much and the fast paced banter of jokes was LOL funny.  So some episodes can be written without Sheldon's  interjection in every scene.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:10 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

One pro is, it'd get them over 300 episodes.

And I've voted Yes. I'll take as many more seasons as they want to give us.

Yes I agree  A 13th season would certainly put TBBT into TV hierarchy with 300 episodes. A rare feat for a comedy and I am sure WB/CBS would like to see this and lay claim to it. But also I wouldn't mind if they announce it as the final season thereby attracting more advertisers and viewership.