Jump to content

2018-2022 Weather thread.


chucky
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well now, it seems like the lull in the Atlantic Hurricane Season is over. Hurricane Fiona is over by Bermuda and headed to Canada. Now Tropical Depression 9 is proceeding to the Gulf of Mexico.  Once there, probably headed anywhere between  Miami and Pensacola. Every one in Florida should keep an eye on the Weather Channel for updates. Next week will be interesting indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

This is moving in your direction @chucky , you take care.  

Yeah, the path has shifted more to the west. It appears the landfall could be somewhere between Fort Myers to Mobile. It could shift farther to the west as well. Already making plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tensor said:

This is moving in your direction @chucky , you take care.  

You might get a little of it as well.  So stay safe

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Yeah, the path has shifted more to the west. It appears the landfall could be somewhere between Fort Myers to Mobile. It could shift farther to the west as well. Already making plans.

Yes chucky stay safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

This is moving in your direction @chucky , you take care.  

You'll probably get your fair share as well. Since you'll be on the right side of the storm. As we all know,  the right side is the strongest side.

 

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

You might get a little of it as well.  So stay safe

Yes chucky stay safe

That's my plan. Will decide later on whether to evacuate or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The track has been steady for the last 4 runs, it looks like it’s going in around the Big Bend area. This beats the hell out of having it make landfall right on top of us, like an earlier run showed.  

That said, as you pointed out, the right side will be the stronger side.  Looking at it, it looks like the center will be 100-120 miles off the coast. that should get us a short period of tropical storm force winds (39-74 MPH) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

The track has been steady for the last 4 runs, it looks like it’s going in around the Big Bend area. This beats the hell out of having it make landfall right on top of us, like an earlier run showed.  

That said, as you pointed out, the right side will be the stronger side.  Looking at it, it looks like the center will be 100-120 miles off the coast. that should get us a short period of tropical storm force winds (39-74 MPH) 

Agreed.  Right now it looks like Apalachicola might be the target. But, that could change between now and Thursday. If it hits Tampa,  it'll be Thursday morning. If it's Apalachicola, it'll be Thursday evening or night. That's according to The Weather Channel, as of right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now Tensor, according to the Weather Channel,  Ian has shifted more to the East. They are looking at the Tampa area as Ian's target. I guess it can still shift again. I think everywhere from Fort Myers to Mobile can expect something from Ian. Everyone on the western coast of Florida and the Panhandle take care stay safe. This could be a monster hurricane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  Hurricane Ian is now sporting 100 MPH winds which makes it a Cat 2 Hurricane. It's also making a shift to the East. As I've said in an earlier post,  if live on the west coast of Florida,  take care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Well,  Hurricane Ian is now sporting 100 MPH winds which makes it a Cat 2 Hurricane. It's also making a shift to the East. As I've said in an earlier post,  if live on the west coast of Florida,  take care. 

There's this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci-FsrurED_/?hl=en

And this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_em6Tjj4b/?hl=en

 

As I said, until I lose the internet (either my network or through my phone data plan) I'll be updating there.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

There's this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci-FsrurED_/?hl=en

And this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_em6Tjj4b/?hl=en

 

As I said, until I lose the internet (either my network or through my phone data plan) I'll be updating there.  

 

Good luck and stay safe. My prayers are with you and everyone else on the west coast of Florida! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost internet (both my Fiber Optic and phone data) for a while.  Didn't have power until five tonight, two days without it.  I did have a generator, so we had the fridge, a room air unit, and enough power to keep my wife lift chair working, and most important of all, to make coffee in the morning.  We are fine, as is the house and yard. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

Lost internet (both my Fiber Optic and phone data) for a while.  Didn't have power until five tonight, two days without it.  I did have a generator, so we had the fridge, a room air unit, and enough power to keep my wife lift chair working, and most important of all, to make coffee in the morning.  We are fine, as is the house and yard. 

 

Thank goodness. I understand the importance of coffee in the morning. 20 years in the Navy drove that point to me.ūüėā

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

Lost internet (both my Fiber Optic and phone data) for a while.  Didn't have power until five tonight, two days without it.  I did have a generator, so we had the fridge, a room air unit, and enough power to keep my wife lift chair working, and most important of all, to make coffee in the morning.  We are fine, as is the house and yard. 

 

Good to hear   Stay well God Bless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Well, Hurricane Season is still alive. Everyone in Florida keep an eye out as we are probably going to get hit.  Tropical Storm  Nocole will be landing on the eastern coast of Florida and moving across the state then turning north and then turning again to the east. Going to be interesting indeed. Florida,  Georgia and South Carolina residents keep an eye on the Weather Channel for updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.