The Big Bang Theory Forums
No Regrets

Conspiracy Theories

Are there conspiracy theories that anyone on here believes in? Or do you think they're all bogus? 

I believe in a few but I wanna hear everyone else's thoughts first.

My thoughts will depend on the conspiracy theory.    But most of them can be shown to be quite wrong.  

• Like 1

Are there conspiracy theories that anyone on here believes in? Or do you think they're all bogus? 
I believe in a few but I wanna hear everyone else's thoughts first.
I believe the biggest conspiracy theory is the cover up of the existence of extraterrestrial beings. They are prove all over the world from ancient times to present day the we have been visited. Strange artifact from all over the world that portrays non human faces, strange crafts, fireballs shooting into the sky carrying gods as mentioned in holy books. Present day photos, crash sites and abductions make you wonder. Are we alone in this vast universe. Hence the probabilities of us been the only life in the universe is questionable. If we are been visited, the governments will never release this information to the public due to possible public panic and the question of religion.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

If we are been visited, the governments will never release this information to the public due to possible public panic and the question of religion.

Totally agree with this. Also, wouldn't it be a bit arrogant of us to believe that we are the only living beings in the universe? 

In terms of the conspiracy theories I believe in:

• 9/11 being an inside job, because the evidence is overwhelming 
  • Princess Diana was murdered - equally overwhelming evidence

Totally agree on both theories. 9/11, some of the evidence point to an inside job especially the way the buildings collapsed from the bottom upwards even tho the main heat of the fire was concentrated on the impact zones at the top. It just look like a controlled demolished job like when you see building being blown up using dynamic.
Could explosives have been planted at the bottom of the building to collapse it. And a cover up as questions will asked how they got there.
I also believe the passenger plane that crashed in a field was shot down to prevent it from reaching it target.

Diana death was definitely murder by the secret service, I will also add racially motivated and she was becoming a major embarrassment  to the royal family. Her love life and claims of pregnancy didn't help.

12 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Totally agree on both theories. 9/11, some of the evidence point to an inside job especially the way the buildings collapsed from the bottom upwards even tho the main heat of the fire was concentrated on the impact zones at the top. It just look like a controlled demolished job like when you see building being blown up using dynamic.
Could explosives have been planted at the bottom of the building to collapse it. And a cover up as questions will asked how they got there.

There's a video of the janitor of the WTC (William Rodriguez) talking about what HE saw on 9/11. He said that before the first plane ever hit, a bomb went off in an elevator in the lobby. There's also several videos of firefighters talking about bombs going off inside the WTC.  I can't remember who it was, but another person claimed that in the weeks/months leading up to 9/11, there was elevator maintenance going on. The strange thing was that the elevators were guarded by heavily armed men. When Larry Silverstein purchased the WTC towers months before 9/11, he did two things: 

1) made sure the insurance covered terrorism (he walked away with 7 billion dollars after 9/11)

2) he switched the security company. And the new security company had in its board of directors: Marvin Bush, brother of G.W. Bush. 

25 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Diana death was definitely murder by the secret service, I will also add racially motivated and she was becoming a major embarrassment  to the royal family. Her love life and claims of pregnancy didn't help.

I think her involvement with Dodi Al-Fayed only played a small part. Diana accurately predicted her death in 1993, long before she got involved with Dodi. She gave this note to her butler (for him to give to the police should her murder actually happen):

"I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me & encourage me to keep strong & hold my head high — this particular phase in my life is the most dangerous — my husband is planning "an accident" in my car. brake failure & serious head injury in order to make the path clear for him to marry Tiggy. Camilla is nothing but a decoy, so we are all being used by the man in every sense of the word.

I have been battered, bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now, but I feel no resentment, I carry no hatred. I am weary of the battles, but I will never surrender. I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies. 

Thank you Charles, for putting me through such hell and for giving me the opportunity to learn from the cruel things you have done to me. I have gone forward fast and have cried more than anyone will ever know. The anguish nearly killed me, but my inner strength has never let me down, and my guides have taken such good care of me up there. Aren't I fortunate to have had their wings to protect me."

Her campaign against land mines also triggered a lot of powerful people. One of her old friends said she was there when Diana received a threatening phone call because of it.

pd.jpg

There's a video of the janitor of the WTC (William Rodriguez) talking about what HE saw on 9/11. He said that before the first plane ever hit, a bomb went off in an elevator in the lobby. There's also several videos of firefighters talking about bombs going off inside the WTC.  I can't remember who it was, but another person claimed that in the weeks/months leading up to 9/11, there was elevator maintenance going on. The strange thing was that the elevators were guarded by heavily armed men. When Larry Silverstein purchased the WTC towers months before 9/11, he did two things: 
1) made sure the insurance covered terrorism (he walked away with 7 billion dollars after 9/11)
2) he switched the security company. And the new security company had in its board of directors: Marvin Bush, brother of G.W. Bush. 

---------

Intersting I read something about that and make sense why the buildings collapsed so quick. The question is, why would they want to sabotage their follow country men and women.. Money, Start a war as it's a big money making business these days.

I think her involvement with Dodi Al-Fayed only played a small part. Diana accurately predicted her death in 1993, long before she got involved with Dodi. She gave this note to her butler (for him to give to the police should her murder actually happen):
"I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me & encourage me to keep strong & hold my head high — this particular phase in my life is the most dangerous — my husband is planning "an accident" in my car. brake failure & serious head injury in order to make the path clear for him to marry Tiggy. Camilla is nothing but a decoy, so we are all being used by the man in every sense of the word.

I have been battered, bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now, but I feel no resentment, I carry no hatred. I am weary of the battles, but I will never surrender. I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies. 

Thank you Charles, for putting me through such hell and for giving me the opportunity to learn from the cruel things you have done to me. I have gone forward fast and have cried more than anyone will ever know. The anguish nearly killed me, but my inner strength has never let me down, and my guides have taken such good care of me up there. Aren't I fortunate to have had their wings to protect me."
Her campaign against land mines also triggered a lot of powerful people. One of her old friends said she was there when Diana received a threatening phone call because of it.

The motive is endless. She rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Also she was the people princess and a lot of people were jeaulos of her popularity. She was a walking target.

12 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Intersting I read something about that and make sense why the buildings collapsed so quick. The question is, why would they want to sabotage their follow country men and women.. Money, Start a war as it's a big money making business these days.

It wouldn't have been the first time they lied in order to go to war. They lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident that got the U.S. into Vietnam where 58,000 American soldiers died. I doubt they'd care about "just" 3,000 Americans. 

This video is really eye opening (and infuriating):

It wouldn't have been the first time they lied in order to go to war. They lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident that got the U.S. into Vietnam where 58,000 American soldiers died. I doubt they'd care about "just" 3,000 Americans. 
This video is really eye opening (and infuriating):

Wow that was an interesting watch. It's so true. I remember discussing with friends why Mugabe of Zimbabwe wasn't taken out years ago after the way he was treating, torturing and killing his people. My conclusion was simple, Zimbabwe had nothing to offer, no profit to be made, hence no invasion. It all about taking control of the vulnerable countries in the Middle East with rich resources, invade, award massive contracts to western countries to rebuild and take control of their oil fields at the expense of thousands of innocents lives.

One conspiracy theory doing the rounds lately and have quite a few believers is that the Earth is not spherical, but flat. I don't believe for one minute that the Earth is flat. If the Earth was flat, there will be night and day at the same time all over the world. The case that all of the planets are spherical and the Earth is flat seems very bonkers imo, what are people's take on the this mad idea?

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

One conspiracy theory doing the rounds lately and have quite a few believers is that the Earth is not spherical, but flat. I don't believe for one minute that the Earth is flat. If the Earth was flat, there will be night and day at the same time all over the world. The case that all of the planets are spherical and the Earth is flat seems very bonkers imo, what are people's take on the this mad idea?

I believe the earth is flat theory has as much merit as 9/11 and Diana's murder. (if the secret service wanted to murder Diana do you really think they would stage an unpredictable car accident) Throw in the moon landing as another wacko theory. 

I believe the earth is flat theory has as much merit as 9/11 and Diana's murder. (if the secret service wanted to murder Diana do you really think they would stage an unpredictable car accident) Throw in the moon landing as another wacko theory. 
There is substantial evidence that were dimissed for 9/11 and Diana murder to believe that there might have been a cover up, not so much that the Earth is flat.

There is substantial evidence that were dimissed for 9/11 and Diana murder to believe that there might have been a cover up, not so much that the Earth is flat.

Oh and i do think the moon landing was faked. Until another country goes to the moon and prove it. Jury is still out on that one.

Yeah, the moon landing was faked. They hired Stanley Kubrick to do the job. Thing is, he was such a perfectionist that he insisted filming it on location. Seriously, though, aside from all the actual evidence that that we've been to the moon; if it was faked, you'd think the USSR wouldn't have verified it, it being the height of the Cold War and all...

I'm not even going to get in to the other stuff...

boromir face palm.jpg

• Like 1

I used to be just as dismissive of 9/11 until I actually spent some time researching it. Everyone has their right to their opinion, of course.

Getting info from conspiracy websites and youtube videos is not research.

• Like 1

Interesting. Have you checked my browser history? I can't remember ever visiting a conspiracy website, but hey, you never stop learning. 

Personally I find statements from Generals, firemen, Pentagon workers, policemen and physicists pretty credible. Especially when they have nothing to gain. 

I notice you didn't deny getting info from youtube, which I guess would be hard considering your earlier post. I also note in your video that General Clark never says 9/11 was an inside job, just that the event itself was used as an excuse to shift focus for military policy. In any case, anecdotes are not evidence.

Obviously I can't see your browser history, but mine contains such as the following;

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

which has a fairly thorough debunking of 9/11 conspiracies, with multiple references.

6 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Interesting. Have you checked my browser history? I can't remember ever visiting a conspiracy website, but hey, you never stop learning. 

Personally I find statements from Generals, firemen, Pentagon workers, policemen and physicists pretty credible. Especially when they have nothing to gain. 

Yes well perhaps not.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/

Why Science Tells Us Not to Rely on Eyewitness Accounts

Eyewitness testimony is fickle and, all too often, shockingly inaccurate

Conspiracy theories exist because governments hid a lot of things from the masses for their own selfish gain, and not to cause panic and in a way of controlling people. Each for their own and if you believe everything we are told is the whole truth and nothing but the truth and governments do not lie to hid facts or compress the truth, then the truth has no meaning. The people who believe we are been lied to and want the real story told are trying to educate people who believe everything they are told. Somethings make sense, some don't, questioning the  discrepancy does not make their take on the discrepancies invalid.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:51 AM, No Regrets said:

Totally agree with this. Also, wouldn't it be a bit arrogant of us to believe that we are the only living beings in the universe? 

In terms of the conspiracy theories I believe in:

• 9/11 being an inside job, because the evidence is overwhelming 
  • Princess Diana was murdered - equally overwhelming evidence

Executed without trial for capital crimes, possibly, and not entirely unexpected. Or bloody big co-incidence, also possible.

8 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Executed without trial for capital crimes, possibly, and not entirely unexpected. Or bloody big co-incidence, also possible.

The Anything Can Happen Recurrence, on every day. 😀

I've been close to more than one terrorist incident and the idea that a bomb could be placed at the bottom of a building while planes behaving like bombs are aimed at the top of it doesn't seem unfeasible to me. Were I a terrorist it would make sense. As for the question about why terrorists attack their own countrymen - because they have distorted views about spurious causes and/or hope for financial support from foreigners who believe their nonsense.

That Diana could suffer an 'accident' if she didn't start behaving herself was speculated here and there among those of us who gossipped ' like ladies at a quilting bee' about that sort of thing. I don't think it was taken seriously until it happened. That night when I heard she had been hurt and was in hospital, I got up and went to my car which had good Long Wave radio reception ( I had no internet then ) and I tuned into French stations. Two were playing serious music and a third was reporting ' an 'accident' with the word 'accident' stressed so often one couldn't help wondering if the announcer was trying to convince himself.

As for the Moon Landing hoax there is the following site:

Clavius Moon Base.   

This site started out as supporting the idea that the moon landing was a hoax.  Then several people provided the individual who started the site evidence and refutations that cause the individual to give up the idea that the landing was a hoax, and he turned the site over to those individuals who had provided the refutations.   One of whom is (or was in his earlier life) and actual rocket scientist and spent his early years working with the engineers and theorists who developed the engines that powered the Saturn rockets.  

I find some of the claims by those supporting the hoax idea silly.  For instance, one of those promulgating the hoax idea, found a LM, and actually measured the exit door.   He claimed it was too small to allow an astronaut, fully suited, to exit the LM.  And thus claimed the whole Apollo program was faked.   However, he didn't know that the LM he measured was a boilerplate LM, used only for electronic tests and training on Earth, and no astronaut ever entered that particular LM fully suited, so his claims were worthless.

Then there  is alway the reflectors left on the moon (Highlighted in TBBT episode 3.23, The Lunar Excitation).  There are pictures of the reflectors, on the ground, taken by the astronauts, laser beams have been aimed at the particular place the reflectors were placed, and those beams get a reflection.   The range of the moon, based on the reflections has been measured since those reflectors were left on the moon.    If you wish to read about the experiments you can find a wiki article here.

You can also go to the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter wiki, and look at the photo gallery near the bottom.  The wiki has pictures of all of the Apollo Landing sites, along with a close up of the Apollo 17 landing site (while the closeups are all not on the wiki page, you can get the close up shots from the Official LRO site.   I only brought up the wiki as trying to go through all the pictures at the official site could take hours, and if you want a quick peek, use the wiki page.  

• Like 2

It would probably be cheaper to send men to the moon then it would be to bribe as many people as you'd have to, to keep the secret.

• Like 2