The Big Bang Theory Forums
Stephen Hawking

Just had two more T-Shirts made.

I usually ask if he minds if I cough. And I have to ask, a liberal what ?

That reminds me of something an election candidate once told me a lady said on a doorstep. She said after fourteen children she was fed up with Labour; her doctor had told her it was her own fault for being too Liberal, so next time she was voting for the Contraceptives.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I usually ask if he minds if I cough.

Coughing isn't considered impolite or unpleasant, so I don't see the comparison with smoking.

8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Coughing isn't considered impolite or unpleasant, so I don't see the comparison with smoking.

You haven't heard my cough. It's not impolite but it sounds horrible.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 11:22 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

What? Haven't you seen the pictures of the Japanese wearing face masks?

Secondhand smoke might kill you eventually, but a cough can transmit something that will kill you in a few days.

The secondhand smoke at Rock Concerts might kill you, but you won't really care.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

And another one.

IMG165.thumb.jpg.3acaba5b8e13c1ca1aea6a6003c43806.jpg

23 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

And another one.

IMG165.thumb.jpg.3acaba5b8e13c1ca1aea6a6003c43806.jpg

Maybe on the first shirt you should have added in small print, "Maybe a second opinion was needed",

Just been in town, doing some shopping, and passed a rather pretty young lady, who was handing out copies of The Book Of Mormon.

I saw her read my Tee-shirt, and was expecting a scowl at the very least, but, instead she gave me a grin.

• Like 2

Do those in England and such still use a 1/2 penny?

And if they do, then as far as your second shirt: God gives everyone freedom of thought and belief.

9 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

Do those in England and such still use a 1/2 penny?

No we don't. The halfpenny was abolished in December 1984.

9 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

And if they do, then as far as your second shirt: God gives everyone freedom of thought and belief.

Not following what the halfpenny has got to do with people being Atheists?

But, going specifically to the T-Shirt, the Dictionary defines Atheism as:-

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Well, nobody can believe in all gods, so we're all atheists, since we all disbelieve the existence of some gods.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No we don't. The halfpenny was abolished in December 1984.

Not following what the halfpenny has got to do with people being Atheists?

But, going specifically to the T-Shirt, the Dictionary defines Atheism as:-

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Well, nobody can believe in all gods, so we're all atheists, since we all disbelieve the existence of some gods.

Your first new shirt said "A penny for your thoughts seems a bit pricey" so thinking a halfpenny might be fair, I gave you my thought on your second shirt. THE BOOK I use (which is slightly older than yours) says: there is only one GOD. It also talks about atheists, but I'm not here to preach, besides there is nothing either of us could say that the other hasn't heard before.

I don't think I have ever commented on your tee shirts or belief before. The only reason I said anything at all this time was because of your first shirt, kind of invited comment, at least to me.

IMG310.thumb.jpg.27ba5a9b5a3e575dfb973a2a5a0745ec.jpg

On 1/10/2019 at 5:12 PM, walnutcowboy said:

THE BOOK I use (which is slightly older than yours)

I don't have a book, for yours to be older than.

7 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

IMG310.thumb.jpg.27ba5a9b5a3e575dfb973a2a5a0745ec.jpg

I don't have a book, for yours to be older than.

Than you must have borrowed someone else's.

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Which book do you think I'm using?

I REALLY didn't want to get into any of this again, but if you insist. You said "The dictionary defines a atheism as ..." so you read it somewhere and you quoted the dictionary, so I assumed you had a dictionary or borrowed one to be able to quote out of it. 

I do love the way you speak your mind through your tee shirts, I used to do the same thing to a really stupid boss. Anyway, I know you'd never do it, but I'd love to see a tee shirt that read "The Rapture has Come, I'm with a CHRISTian >)" and of course there is no one there (anymore). Any way that is MY tee shirt thought for the day.

9 minutes ago, walnutcowboy said:

You said "The dictionary defines a atheism as ..." so you read it somewhere and you quoted the dictionary, so I assumed you had a dictionary or borrowed one to be able to quote out of it.

I see. 🙂 

I thought you were implying I followed some kind of religious text, like the Quran, Torah, or the Gospel of FSM.

15 minutes ago, walnutcowboy said:

Anyway, I know you'd never do it, but I'd love to see a tee shirt that read "The Rapture has Come, I'm with a CHRISTian >)" and of course there is no one there (anymore).

I could easily have one made. 🙂

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I see. 🙂 

I thought you were implying I followed some kind of religious text, like the Quran, Torah, or the Gospel of FSM.

I could easily have one made. 🙂

I don't know if you follow the teaching of the flying spaghetti monster or not, but somehow I didn't think you followed any of the other books given your beliefs.

I'm sure you could have one made up, but would you wear it ?

And when the Rapture does come, I won't be here to wear it.

Edited by walnutcowboy