Friendship between Sheldon and Leonerd?

Is it me or are the writers more focused on making Sheldon funny than describing detailed friendship between Sheldon and Leonerd?

Yes, of course, Leonerd had taken good care of Sheldon in all past episodes, but I dont really see friendship in there. It's more like taking care of a child whose parents are gone for some reason. You don't like it, you are not responsible of it, but you just have to do it. And still, Sheldon calls Leonerd his "best friend".

Sheldon is a great character, but he is also a very annoying person to have as a friend. I don't understand why Leonerd is 'friend' with Sheldon. I know it is required to keep the show on, but would it hurt them to just add more detail on it?

I really hope to see more about those two in next season.

One of the things about Sheldon that people have remarked about is that he acts like a person with Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism). Yes, the producers and writers have come out and said he doesn't have AS but he certainly exhibits all of the traits.

I should know. I am married to a woman with Asperger's Syndrome and Sheldon does seem to act like a person with those traits. So when you're in a relationship with a person with AS they are child-like in many ways and they do need a bit of care taking, sometimes a lot.

That is one of the reasons my wife and I love the show. I am married to Sheldon. My wife excels at science (not to the level Sheldon does) and I am definitely her Leonard.

• 1 year later...

One of the things about Sheldon that people have remarked about is that he acts like a person with Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism). Yes, the producers and writers have come out and said he doesn't have AS but he certainly exhibits all of the traits.

This was discussed on an autism news group.

The consensus was the originators of the series didn't want to deal with any potential legal issues if they did in fact declare Sheldon Cooper high functioning autistic.

Personally speaking, there is no doubt in my mind that the Sheldon character was created using the characteristics of someone on the autistic spectrum.

Cheers,

Peter...

PS...I know I have replied to an old post...