The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 12

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The powers that be seem to be keen on continuing the Shamy science, but I have to admit I want to see a bit more of Amy and Howard doing science or at least hanging out. I've loved the way those two play off each other and have since the scavenger hunt. Would Sheldon mind do you think?

I´d say he wouldn´t as long as Amy manages to spent enough time with him. But as soon as she starts to do work overtime too much, he would come over to check how she´s doing, because he misses her and is worried about her well being. (I remember the episode where Amy wasn´t responding to his messages and calls and he thought that she got eaten by a bobcat and walked over to her to check if she was fine.)

The second thing is if Amy were not able to work on their project anymore, because her own project requires all her attention. In that case it would be interesting to see what Amy would do. But I don´t think that Amy would give up on her own project for Sheldon´s sake. She is proud of her work and it means a lot to her, because she has worked hard to get where she is now. She would certainly be in a conflict, because she doesn´t want to leave Sheldon alone on his project, but if she had to choose, she would take her own work over their project. And I´m sure Sheldon would understand it, even if he didn´t like it. Plus, it´s her work, she gets paid for it, so she can´t tell her boss, that she quits her Job just because she working on a project with her husband.

• Like 3

I'm very happy for the news too! It's great to hear the season will start with Sheldon and Amy on their honeymoon. I wonder in what nerdy/scien-cy place they will be...also we should see Mr. and Mrs. Fowler again, that is so interesting for me. I hope there is more time to better understand both characters and their relationship with Amy. And, last but not least, Molaro mentioned again the flag convention! I know this might be his ''cover'' answer whenever he is asked why the show was never filmed at SDCC, but the idea of Shamy as the stars of a flag convention is hilarious and I really hope  it makes to the show!

• Like 9

On 7/18/2018 at 6:18 AM, kbp said:

I am hoping for season 13

And 14 and 15 -  so long as there are no ridiculous stories to accommodate any absences or cast changes. Any one who was a fan of Little Mosque on the Prairie will know what I mean.

• Like 4

I think some time ago Amy arranged to receive alerts whenever there was a podcast with 'monkey' in the title.  Hence she was notified of The Infinite Monkey Cage, a science programme on BBC radio. She and Sheldon began listening to them all. The 100th broadcast was televised on the red button. I'm pretty sure I saw them in the audience. It must have been their last visit before flying home.

• Like 2

*opening speculation doors* :icon_cheesygrin:

So Shamy in their honeymoon could visit the Bureau international des poids et mesures in Sèvres and the Lavoisier museum in Paris, France.

museu-de-artes-e-industria-cnam-paris-ehw0he.jpg.5e3d40c0dbd98d2055f29eadf398d084.jpg

The perfect Shamy romantic honeymoon tour, dont you think? :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

I don't think they will leave the country on the honeymoon. But the idea that they both chose something is intriguing. I am wondering how Amy's parents fit in. Did they honeymoon near them, did Amy and Sheldon go visit to show off honeymoon pictures or tell honeymoon stories,  or did the parents some to see them after the honeymoon?

I am dying to see them at a convention about flags. That would be hilarious if done right. Sheldon could be a celebrity to flag fans.

• It's a Tiara 1

38 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't think they will leave the country on the honeymoon. But the idea that they both chose something is intriguing. I am wondering how Amy's parents fit in. Did they honeymoon near them, did Amy and Sheldon go visit to show off honeymoon pictures or tell honeymoon stories,  or did the parents some to see them after the honeymoon?

If I got that right Amy's parents will be keeping the gang busy (for some reason???) while Shamy are on honeymoon.

38 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I am dying to see them at a convention about flags. That would be hilarious if done right. Sheldon could be a celebrity to flag fans.

I'm dying to see that for two years now - do it already, writers!!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, April said:

If I got that right Amy's parents will be keeping the gang busy (for some reason???) while Shamy are on honeymoon.

Maybe Amy´s mother wants to give 4b a make over and asks the gang to help her, carrying the new furniture into the apartment.

I can see her giving everyone orders, while they obey, because Amy´s mother can be very "convincing". LOL

But I´m afraid how this might look like, but Shamy´s shocked facial expressions would be worth it, at least for an episode.

Maybe Amy´s dad would pat Sheldon gently on the shoulder and tells him "I´m sorry, I did my best, but I couldn´t stop her, she is like a natural disaster, once she is in motion no one can stop her" to which Sheldon replies "Well this would explain the state of our apartment. This looks like a F6 (on the Fujita scale) at least."

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, spidergirl said:

*opening speculation doors* :icon_cheesygrin:

So Shamy in their honeymoon could visit the Bureau international des poids et mesures in Sèvres and the Lavoisier museum in Paris, France.

museu-de-artes-e-industria-cnam-paris-ehw0he.jpg.5e3d40c0dbd98d2055f29eadf398d084.jpg

The perfect Shamy romantic honeymoon tour, dont you think? :wub:

This would be beautiful, Shamy walking through the country where Marie and Pierre Curie lived and seeing things which are connected with their idols. :wub:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Maybe Amy´s mother wants to give 4b a make over and asks the gang to help her, carrying the new furniture into the apartment.

If anybody can get rid of that awful couch, it's definitely Mrs. Fowler, ahahah!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

If anybody can get rid of that awful couch, it's definitely Mrs. Fowler, ahahah!

I can already see Sheldon staring at the new couch in disbelief saying to Amy "That is brobdingnagian monstrosity!" LOL

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

If she gets rid of the couch she'll be the patron saint of this thread! LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

It would have to look better than it does now no matter what she does. I have no idea why they are keeping that stupid couch and still sleeping in the same bed. I honestly don't think they care that much what it looks like. Otherwise they would have already changed more than they have done.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It would have to look better than it does now no matter what she does. I have no idea why they are keeping that stupid couch and still sleeping in the same bed. I honestly don't think they care that much what it looks like. Otherwise they would have already changed more than they have done.

I´d just exchange the couch for a bigger one, so Sheldon can stretch out his legs, if he wants to, or both of them. (I would love to see Shamy laying on the new couch snuggled up and spooning while they watch TV) And a bigger bed, although the bedroom is too small for a bigger bed.

But I guess the writers would let Amy´s mother change the whole apartment and Shamy wouldn´t like it, just for the fun. 

I know that Sheldon and Amy have a similar taste, but I don´t know if the same goes for Amy and her mother. 

So, it´d be interesting to see what her mother would do with the apartment.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

I would think that Mr and Mrs Fowler know that Sheldon and Amy are on their honeymoon so there must be a reason why they're visiting while they're  away....secretly decorating/refurnishing their apartment sounds like a possibility!

• Like 5

On 7/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, April said:

If she gets rid of the couch she'll be the patron saint of this thread! LOL

0a2fdf20-ac71-4517-8099-a4c48e205572.gif.2a37bf434eab20fbeb423171991c067b.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I did have a kind of thought, maybe some kind of squabble between her parents (I would guess they have had some over the years lol) and perhaps one of them (Amy's dad?) stays at 4B to get away until they resolve it.

That would work. Or maybe something happens at the apartment and they come to check on it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

I would LOVE to see 4B be redecorated, perhaps as it's a comedy have some laughs around it but then it's toned down to something much better than it was but not as such a radical change as the storyline was suggesting.

The future of the couch? Well, you already know my thoughts on that...

burn.jpg.22eb67627964ff973e50afc36127d407.jpg

l0fb.gif.f355b005a1075ff55963b41bd5989ff6.gif

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am glad to see so many people hate the ugly couch. I thought I was alone in that. Shamy not only need a new couch, though. It's time they had an actual desk to work at. They need that as well. A complete redo of the apartment might make room.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I am glad to see so many people hate the ugly couch. I thought I was alone in that. Shamy not only need a new couch, though. It's time they had an actual desk to work at. They need that as well. A complete redo of the apartment might make room.

It's not just aesthetics with the couch there is also functionality.  Even if they reupholstered it, it's just too small for them.  Sheldon/Jim especially looks ridiculous sitting on something so small and it must be uncomfortable.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

LOL where have you been the last 2 years? We Shamies have been bitching about the ugly couch (and even the lack of desks at times) since they moved into 4B.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

It's not just aesthetics with the couch there is also functionality.  Even if they reupholstered it, it's just too small for them.  Sheldon/Jim especially looks ridiculous sitting on something so small and it must be uncomfortable.

There's also functionallity of the set though. Something bigger may not fit in well.

• Like 1