Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 12

Recommended Posts

Loved the episode. Johnny and Kaley's chemistry was amazing. :shy:

BTW...the name of Penny's sister is Lisa. :icon_wink:

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, luminous said:

Loved the episode. Johnny and Kaley's chemistry was amazing. :shy:

BTW...the name of Penny's sister is Lisa. :icon_wink:

In total agreement with you. You can really feel the Lenny love for each other.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lenny kisses :shy:
lennykiss1215-01.gif.a40a14f3e7f3cf7eb9bd913f58b56f60.gif
lennykiss1215-02.gif.405253c200fd8513fe6f2b7e2822885f.gif
Source


Haven’t watched yet. But finally some Lenny Affection!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant episode. The best I’ve seen since Season 7. And so much Lenny. Funny and heartwarming ( and a little heartbreaking). And the best performance by a guest in the show ever I think. Wyatt was sensational. Actually enjoyed Shamy’s talk and Penny and Wyatt’s talk both happening at the same time. Gave both Leonard and Penny a chance to open up, which may not have happened if they attempted it with each other. But now it’s out of their system, and after that hug ( oh that hug!) maybe they will finally talk it out. I only wished the writers watched this episode back, realised what an impact it made on the Lenny story - kudos to them it was brilliantly written - and fast tracked a follow up episode.

Having said that, though, if the show ends with Penny still not wanting kids, this episode made me accept it. Kaley and Johnny ( and Keith ) were so good selling it. Penny feels so bad about how she feels but it seemed really genuine tonight talking to her Dad. I live in hope she finally delivers that emotion to Leonard. Conversely, Amy got Leonard to consider his true feelings too and his support of Penny in front of Wyatt was fabulous.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that Penny said her reason for regretting her plan was disappoonting Leonard and Wyatt, I think they won't have kids. 

I loved that Leonard was supportive of her, including confronting Wyatt (and Leonard doesn't loke confrontations and this is a man whose affection Leonard enjoys very much), and that Wyatt also eventually accepted her decision and supported her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bfm said:

Given that Penny said her reason for regretting her plan was disappoonting Leonard and Wyatt, I think they won't have kids. 

That makes me so sad, cause you might be right 😭 though I still hope they will talk it out and have a happy family in the finale episode!

Right now Leonard is pretty heartbroken, and I also don’t get why they did that storyline with Zack with no result at the end...

Edited by smartandbeautiful
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, luminous said:

Loved the episode. Johnny and Kaley's chemistry was amazing. :shy:

Yes. My favorite episode of this season so far, followed by the Halloween episode. :girlsmile:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

That makes me so sad, cause you might be right 😭 though I still hope they will talk it out and have a happy family in the finale episode!

Right now Leonard is pretty heartbroken, and I also don’t get why they did that storyline with Zack with no result at the end...

Most likely to bring closure to the storyline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3ku11 said:

Most likely to bring closure to the storyline. 

Idk, for me it was the same as 12x03 - Leonard still wants to have kids, but agrees not to for Penny. Soooo...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idk, for me it was the same as 12x03 - Leonard still wants to have kids, but agrees not to for Penny. Soooo...


I think they’ve made it a gray area tbh. Purposely left open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luminous said:

The emotions in this scene. ❤️

lennyhug1215.gif.9224d99accc7986a43c1cab875c48dd4.gif

Source

I loved the tone of the episode. There wasn't the tiniest doubt about how much Penny and Leonard love each other. That's what's most important for me! I can live with everything else. :firstmove:💞I'll miss them so much.

 

  • Like 7
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I loved the tone of the episode. There wasn't the tiniest doubt about how much Penny and Leonard love each other. That's what's most important for me! I can live with everything else. :firstmove:💞I'll miss them so much.

 

Soooo True! Is it me or did it seem like Penny is hedging a bit ob the not wanting kids front? Maybe that's wishful thinking!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soooo True! Is it me or did it seem like Penny is hedging a bit ob the not wanting kids front? Maybe that's wishful thinking!

 

Tbh that’s what made it slightly different from Leonard’s compromise in 12x03. It was mostly driven by Leonard’s realisation he was deluding himself over fathering a child he would never see. And Penny’s guilt was driven by the disappointment by the people around her. But like I said they may make it a gray area by Series end. Or she well give Birth. TBC.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see Penny changing her mind at all in this episode but it is nice to see Leonard dealing with the pain of accepting this and not just burrying it as if everything is so fine like he did at first.

I think it also speaks greatly to their relationship that he is able to hug her in a loving way, kind of taking comfort, even though in a way she is kind of the source of his pain (this is not to say thag she is to blame or that he blames her); and that she is able to share in his pain at the thought of having a biological child and not being said child's father.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

 


Tbh that’s what made it slightly different from Leonard’s compromise in 12x03. It was mostly driven by Leonard’s realisation he was deluding himself over fathering a child he would never see. And Penny’s guilt was driven by her disappointment with the people around her. But like I said they may make it a gray area by Series end. Or she well give Birth. TBC.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Agreed!

Just now, bfm said:

I didn't see Penny changing her mind at all in this episode

I never said she changed her mind, but could be second guessing a bit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the hug was special because Penny has really understood the pain Leonard feels over her decision but that this time he really accepts it unlike in 1203 when he wasn’t convincing and she was sort of just relieved he sort of accepted it and she was gonna avoid the confrontation she’s doesn’t like to have. It may be the end of it and if it is, it is but I just liked it, big softy that I am, because they’re not hiding from the pain this decision creates. They understand each other and love each other more for it. Its not a parallel situation but it just reminds of their Season 3 breakup. They pretended to be OK with the first bowling alley fight and both pretended that the reason could be swept under the carpet but when Leonard pushed too hard and Penny snapped but hated that she hurt him. It shows a growth that this time Leonard didn’t push, Penny didn’t snap but she still realised that she has hurt him. 1203 was the sweeping it under the carpet but this episode they recognised the hurt both ways from both their actions (Leonard wanting to donate and Penny not wanting kids) and with the hug they were both saying “this time, I really mean it. It OK. Being with each other is more than enough.”

I’m not as articulate as I usually am about this but I just loved what that hug showed. It’s just one of those beautiful Lenny moments this show throws at us every once in a while that just proves the bond they have despite the other shit they throw at them. It’s up there with the first ILY, the Poptart proposal, the valentines Romance Ninja, the box of Leonard memories, the Prom night dance, the car gift scene, the second wedding, this seasons Halloween episode. It just really had an impact on me this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

I think the hug was special because Penny has really understood the pain Leonard feels over her decision but that this time he really accepts it unlike in 1203 when he wasn’t convincing and she was sort of just relieved he sort of accepted it and she was gonna avoid the confrontation she’s doesn’t like to have. It may be the end of it and if it is, it is but I just liked it, big softy that I am, because they’re not hiding from the pain this decision creates. They understand each other and love each other more for it. Its not a parallel situation but it just reminds of their Season 3 breakup. They pretended to be OK with the first bowling alley fight and both pretended that the reason could be swept under the carpet but when Leonard pushed too hard and Penny snapped but hated that she hurt him. It shows a growth that this time Leonard didn’t push, Penny didn’t snap but she still realised that she has hurt him. 1203 was the sweeping it under the carpet but this episode they recognised the hurt both ways from both their actions (Leonard wanting to donate and Penny not wanting kids) and with the hug they were both saying “this time, I really mean it. It OK. Being with each other is more than enough.”

I’m not as articulate as I usually am about this but I just loved what that hug showed. It’s just one of those beautiful Lenny moments this show throws at us every once in a while that just proves the bond they have despite the other shit they throw at them. It’s up there with the first ILY, the Poptart proposal, the valentines Romance Ninja, the box of Leonard memories, the Prom night dance, the car gift scene, the second wedding, this seasons Halloween episode. It just really had an impact on me this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO TRUE!! Maybe she won't change her mind on the not wanting kids deal. But there's always wishful thinking that she will change her mind!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be dead wrong but this episode made me more convinced a pregnancy is going to happen. While Leonard and Wyatt(the MVP of the episode) resolved themselves of no kids or grandkids I didn’t see Penny adamantly against kids. Throughout the 12 years of the show Penny has done things when she wants to and not be told otherwise. She fought against Wyatt’s comments at the beginning but when she softened when told its her decision. She didn’t comeback with the comment kids are not happening. As mentioned earlier Amy helped Leonard see things how they would be if he did donate. I think Penny saw that and could of said you changing your mind isn’t changing mine. As some have commented, including Jessica Radloff, this isn’t over yet.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chrismo said:

Apparently I watched the show differently than everyone else. I could be dead wrong but this episode made me more convinced a pregnancy is going to happen. While Leonard and Wyatt(the MVP of the episode) resolved themselves of no kids or grandkids I didn’t see Penny adamantly against kids. Throughout the 12 years of the show Penny has done things when she wants to and not be told otherwise. She fought against Wyatt’s comments at the beginning but when she softened when told its her decision. She didn’t comeback with the comment kids are not happening. As mentioned earlier Amy helped Leonard see things how they would be if he did donate. I think Penny saw that and could of said you changing your mind isn’t changing mine. As some have commented, including Jessica Radloff, this isn’t over yet.

That made me feel much better, thank you for this 😅

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chrismo said:

 I could be dead wrong but this episode made me more convinced a pregnancy is going to happen. While Leonard and Wyatt(the MVP of the episode) resolved themselves of no kids or grandkids I didn’t see Penny adamantly against kids. Throughout the 12 years of the show Penny has done things when she wants to and not be told otherwise. She fought against Wyatt’s comments at the beginning but when she softened when told its her decision. She didn’t comeback with the comment kids are not happening. As mentioned earlier Amy helped Leonard see things how they would be if he did donate. I think Penny saw that and could of said you changing your mind isn’t changing mine. As some have commented, including Jessica Radloff, this isn’t over yet.

I kind of concur with you. While the Zack/Marissa arc might be resolved with Leonard not donating, I  feel the bigger question is still unanswered. Why doesn't Penny want children and will she ever tell Leonard. And if they do talk about it again what will they decide?  I agree this was a terrific episode from the Lenny standpoint as it showed their emotion, concern and unparalleled love for each other. Also the enormous acting talents of Kaley, Johnny & Keith.  So, I think the rest of the story is still to be told.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I loved the tone of the episode. There wasn't the tiniest doubt about how much Penny and Leonard love each other. That's what's most important for me! I can live with everything else. :firstmove:💞I'll miss them so much.

 

Very good point, most episodes show Leonard and Penny in their daily lives and the banter between them, but this very important and emotionally draining episode which shows exactly how much they really do love each other.  They are there for each other when the going gets difficult and in the end they need and adore each other.  You can’t even imagine Penny with anyone else but Leonard during a highly emotional situation like they are going through with this baby plot.  These are the two people and love story we watched in the first six seasons of the show.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chrismo said:

 I could be dead wrong but this episode made me more convinced a pregnancy is going to happen. While Leonard and Wyatt(the MVP of the episode) resolved themselves of no kids or grandkids I didn’t see Penny adamantly against kids. Throughout the 12 years of the show Penny has done things when she wants to and not be told otherwise. She fought against Wyatt’s comments at the beginning but when she softened when told its her decision. She didn’t comeback with the comment kids are not happening. As mentioned earlier Amy helped Leonard see things how they would be if he did donate. I think Penny saw that and could of said you changing your mind isn’t changing mine. As some have commented, including Jessica Radloff, this isn’t over yet.

That's how I saw it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.