The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 12

5 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I’ve been watching since episode 1 and tuned in for Johnny. I really enjoyed his sort of mild-mannered David character on Roseanne. I had never heard of Kaley before (I was aware of 8 Simple Rules because of John Ritter, James Garner and Kathy Sagal, but never watched). I recognized Jim from a single scene in the great movie Garden State, but again it was Johnny hat got me to watch. THEN: I fell in love with the possibility of a Penny/Leonard relationship and here I am!

Yes I have been watching since season 1 and Penny was the main attraction to tune in every week. But the Penny/Leonard evolving relationship was the main draw.  That is why I feel they were the core couple initially and up to now to see them as secondary characters is frustrating. However these last few episodes have indeed invigorated me.  Hopefully it will last thru the balance of the season.

• Like 5

I did not tune in for a specific actor, but the evolution of Lenny was my main draw.

• Like 6

I don't watch much TV, so it was a pure coincidence that I came across this series (Season 4). After a few episodes I was enthusiastic about its uniqueness and bought all not seen episodes on DVD.
Penny was the first way for me to get hooked. A former girlfriend corresponded exactly to Penny's temper and had her quirks. She was an artist and also a waitress, but with long (genuine) dark hair. :shy:

ow_111.gif.a13e449ba5a977ced821940aed1eb15a.gif

• Like 5

My late wife and I watched the first episode and were sold on it because we were pretty much like Penny and Leonard

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

That is why I feel they were the core couple initially and up to now to see them as secondary characters is frustrating. However these last few episodes have indeed invigorated me.  Hopefully it will last thru the balance of the season.

As do I!

I first knew about Kaley from 8 simple rules and was hooked. Funny, my fav character was Amy Davidson. Lol. But gradually kaley grew on me, her acting and facial expressions were the key and she was fit.. I started watching charmed, well the last season cause of Kaley. When I found out she will be in this new sitcom called The Big bang Theory, well I had to watch and from day one the chemistry between Johnny and Kaley made me root for Lenny big time. Also Johnny portray of Leonard was a big part in me continuing to watch the show. His love for Penny was unconditional and true.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I first knew about Kaley from 8 simple rules and was hooked. Funny, my fav character was Amy Davidson. Lol. But gradually kaley grew on me, her acting and facial expressions were the key and she was fit.. emoji2956.png I started watching charmed, well the last season cause of Kaley. When I found out she will be in this new sitcom called The Big bang Theory, well I had to watch and from day one the chemistry between Johnny and Kaley made me root for Lenny big time. Also Johnny portray of Leonard was a big part in me continuing to watch the show. His love for Penny was unconditional and true.

I rememeber 8 Simple Rules vaugely. It was on in one of the kids' channels (in the afternoon/evening hours when they tend to schedule teen content) when I was a young teenager. I didn't watch it regularly, just caught some glimpses here and there, but I think I found it nice. I remembered Amy Davidson's character much better, Kaley's very vaugely (and after watching TBBT I didn't realize it was her until I read that). Amy's was much more relatable to me.

• Like 1

I rememeber 8 Simple Rules vaugely. It was on in one of the kids' channels (in the afternoon/evening hours when they tend to schedule teen content) when I was a young teenager. I didn't watch it regularly, just caught some glimpses here and there, but I think I found it nice. I remembered Amy Davidson's character much better, Kaley's very vaugely (and after watching TBBT I didn't realize it was her until I read that). Amy's was much more relatable to me.

Amy's character Kerry was very funny and nerdy. I liked that about her. The bickering between the Hennessey's kids was gold too, but Kaley stole it for me in later seasons. I expecially remember s2 when John Ritter died. I thought kaley's grieving was one of real emotions mixed into acting. I couldn't tell if she was acting or being real. I think both.That's how great she was. Kaley's/Penny's I love you to Leonard is another example of her great abilities. She makes it feels so real when she is given serious roles to chew on.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Amy's character Kerry was very funny and nerdy. I liked that about her. The bickering between the Hennessey's kids was gold too, but Kaley stole it for me in later seasons. I expecially remember s2 when John Ritter died. I thought kaley's grieving was one of real emotions mixed into acting. I couldn't tell if she was acting or being real. I think both.That's how great she was. Kaley's/Penny's I love you to Leonard is another example of her great abilities. She makes it feels so real when she is given serious roles to chew on.

I can find no fault in your post. Kaley's acting has been flawless, well except for the bloopers. Then again everyone has those! :hi:

• Like 1

I can find no fault in your post. Kaley's acting has been flawless, well except for the bloopers. Then again everyone has those! :hi:
Everyone makes mistakes, it human nature. Blooper are funny. Lol. Apparently they nailed the I love you scene. It took one take.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

Apparently they nailed the I love you scene. It took one take. emoji16.png

Yeah it was perfectly done and believable as well!

The ILY is IMO one of her greatest performances. It's not an extremely difficult situation, like a drama where she loses her family or is about to comit suicide or anything, but it has a very real feeling to it. Kaley herself says she felt she was being Penny in that moment.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

The ILY is IMO one of her greatest performances. It's not an extremely difficult situation, like a drama where she loses her family or is about to comit suicide or anything, but it has a very real feeling to it. Kaley herself says she felt she was being Penny in that moment.
Totally agree. It still give me butterflies in my stomach whenever I watch that scene. Simply beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

The raw emotion between the two of them was beyond beautiful.  Beginning with him looking for forgiveness for his actions with Cole; then feeling vulnerable in his place in the relationship.  Her feeling a bit miffed at his insecurity and that he should know how she feels, until it spills out for the very first time that yes, she loves him.  The short moment of silence when they are looking at each other and realizing what she said out loud, again, for the first time.   The tables are turned and she is the one feeling vulnerable for giving voice to her feelings.  He is overcome with joy at knowing at last.  Those two emotions join in the most beautiful moment in TBBT.  That short silent moment.  His affirming that it was the first time she said the words. Her agreeing in a beautiful shaking voice and escaping because the result of their moment will bring tears of joy from them both.

Their best moment.  By themselves.  No interruptions.  In that wonderful hallway between their two apartments.  TBBT at its best.  Oh for the times of Season 6!

Stop it. You going to make me cry. I couldn't have put it better. Great interpretation of the ILY. Now you done it. 8c2e8dfbacfd59a11cc22ebeb66920e5.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

The special moment. 6e06bad312af8c5cad8fb845769fcdfc.jpg

WOW, more great memories!

• Like 2

WOW, more great memories!
Some memories are forgettable, others remain vivid and heartwarming to the core.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, chucky said:

Yeah it was perfectly done and believable as well!

Alot has been said about that scene over the years. I believe Kaley and Johnny themselves have said it was their favorite scene in the series. Perhaps it felt real because maybe it had a special meaning for them. They had dated IRL and somehow you don't lose that feeling for each other altogether.

6 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

The raw emotion between the two of them was beyond beautiful.  Beginning with him looking for forgiveness for his actions with Cole; then feeling vulnerable in his place in the relationship.  Her feeling a bit miffed at his insecurity and that he should know how she feels, until it spills out for the very first time that yes, she loves him.  The short moment of silence when they are looking at each other and realizing what she said out loud, again, for the first time.   The tables are turned and she is the one feeling vulnerable for giving voice to her feelings.  He is overcome with joy at knowing at last.  Those two emotions join in the most beautiful moment in TBBT.  That short silent moment.  His affirming that it was the first time she said the words. Her agreeing in a beautiful shaking voice and escaping because the result of their moment will bring tears of joy from them both.

Their best moment.  By themselves.  No interruptions.  In that wonderful hallway between their two apartments.  TBBT at its best.  Oh for the times of Season 6!

Just beautifully said!!

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

It don't get any better that scene, unless it's the ILY at the airport in Penny's car in episode 6/24!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 1:45 PM, veejay said:

I don't watch much TV, so it was a pure coincidence that I came across this series (Season 4). After a few episodes I was enthusiastic about its uniqueness and bought all not seen episodes on DVD.
Penny was the first way for me to get hooked. A former girlfriend corresponded exactly to Penny's temper and had her quirks. She was an artist and also a waitress, but with long (genuine) dark hair. :shy:

ow_111.gif.a13e449ba5a977ced821940aed1eb15a.gif

I actually watched the pilot when it aired for the very first time on NZ TV. But I did not watch for about 3 seasons. I was busy studying at the time. It was this episode I recall came on and I saw Leonard and Penny in the kitchen. I Admit I Thought they were cute.  But the episode The Einstein Approximatation. Hooked me.  I Thought it was the most unique episode of comedy I had seen in years. 

Penny-The-Einstein-Approximation-3-14-pe

TBBT-The-Einstein-Approximation-3-14-the

misc_139.gif

big-clean.jpg

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

On 11/7/2018 at 1:36 AM, 3ku11 said:

I actually watched the pilot when it aired for the very first time on NZ TV. But I did not watch for about 3 seasons. I was busy studying at the time. It was this episode I recall came on and I saw Leonard and Penny in the kitchen. I Admit I Thought they were cute. But the episode The Einstein Approximatation. Hooked me.  I Thought it was the most unique episode of comedy I had seen in years. 

misc_139.gif

big-clean.jpg

One of the episodes that totally drew me in was in Season 3 and the upcoming visit to Geneva and the Large Hadron Collider! Sheldon's reactions were hilarious!

20 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Wonderful written @hokie3457 !!!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 1:36 AM, 3ku11 said:

I actually watched the pilot when it aired for the very first time on NZ TV. But I did not watch for about 3 seasons. I was busy studying at the time. It was this episode I recall came on and I saw Leonard and Penny in the kitchen. I Admit I Thought they were cute. But the episode The Einstein Approximatation. Hooked me.  I Thought it was the most unique episode of comedy I had seen in years. 

misc_139.gif

big-clean.jpg

Such a lovely episode, and really nice to see Lenny standing by the iconic kitchen island. Penny's disco outfit is perfect.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Such a lovely episode, and really nice to see Lenny standing by the iconic kitchen island. Penny's disco outfit is perfect.

I give you 2 Thumbs up! You are absolutely correct!!

• Like 1