[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 12

Tensor

9 minutes ago, TBBT78 said:

Here’s a question. At what moment do you think Penny fell in love with Leonard?

Was it “the cats alive” scene.

72e5daff5532bf8d2518143a54bb007f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it could have been as early as that, but she didn't realize until he left for three months to the North Pole! She still didn't tell him for 3 more years!

• Like 2

I think it could have been as early as that, but she didn't realize until he left for three months to the North Pole! She still didn't tell him for 3 more years!

Yes, you could be right there Chucky! I when do we think lust turned into love for Leonard?

2 minutes ago, TBBT78 said:

Yes, you could be right there Chucky! I when do we think lust turned into love for Leonard?

Probably around the Pryia time frame!!  :sungum:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chucky said:

Probably around the Pryia time frame!!  :sungum:

She apparently already thought she'd marry him before their breakup so maybe earlier than the Priya era, but it could be that she didn't admit it to herself.

• Like 2

Just now, bfm said:

She apparently already thought she'd marry him before their breakup so maybe earlier than the Priya era, but it could be that she didn't admit it to herself.

That's why I said probably! I really wasn't sure. I think she was to scared to admit it!

3 minutes ago, TBBT78 said:

Maybe this
2a22d5ccb1dacd92386a280ce7d2ee82.jpg

Very well could be!

• Like 2

I think she thought she loved him early on but she KNEW it when that hologram of Earth popped up and he started talking science in Holographic Excitation. It was the moment it finally hit her and Kaley showed it so well. Despite the poor writing and snarky jokes that plagued them, I don’t think she ever expressed doubt from that moment on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TBBT78 said:

I think she always had deep feelings for Leonard, but IMO in the "Halographic Excitation" season 6 ep. 5 is when she really knew in her heart that she was in love with him

1 hour ago, Itwasdestined said:

I think she thought she loved him early on but she KNEW it when that hologram of Earth popped up and he started talking science in Holographic Excitation. It was the moment it finally hit her and Kaley showed it so well. Despite the poor writing and snarky jokes that plagued them, I don’t think she ever expressed doubt from that moment on.

That is absolutely what I think!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TBBT78 said:

I think she discovered she had very deep feelings for him in the Hamburger Postulate when he was with Leslie Winkle. The huge smile on her face as she walked away from his and Sheldon’s table when she learned Leslie and Leonard would not be together (coupled with her “good for him. Good for Leonard.”) was a huge game changer.

However, I think the moment she let herself know she loved him was one of Penny’s only solo moments and a great piece of acting on KC’s part. The moment on the other side of that door at the end of Season 2: The Monopolar Expedition. She told herself (and us) that she loved him by the sadness she felt at the thought of him leaving; of him being away for four months. Everything afterward by her to the contrary was just hiding from that truth.

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I think she discovered she had very deep feelings for him in the Hamburger Postulate when he was with Leslie Winkle. The huge smile on her face as she walked away from his and Sheldon’s table when she learned Leslie and Leonard would not be together (coupled with her “good for him. Good for Leonard.”) was a huge game changer.

However, I think the moment she let herself know she loved him was one of Penny’s only solo moments and a great piece of acting on KC’s part. The moment on the other side of that door at the end of Season 2: The Monopolar Expedition. She told herself (and us) that she loved him by the sadness she felt at the thought of him leaving; of him being away for four months. Everything afterward by her to the contrary was just hiding from that truth.

You're so right!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

I really never thought about that, but maybe that's why it's my favorite episode.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, snowflake79 said:

The way she looks at him. 😍 Yes, that's LOVE! ❤️ :wub:

She is in love with the way he is talking about the hologram.  She sees the passion he has for what he does......"Sometimes I forget how smart you are."  As do many, many fans because of the 1,000 pound gorilla in the room.  You know the one with the IQ of 187 to Leonard's "measly" 173....

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 5
  • Leonard Cupid 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

."Sometimes I forget how smart you are."  As do many, many fans because of the 1,000 pound gorilla in the room.  You know the one with the IQ of 187 to Leonard's "measly" 173.

So true! 8)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TBBT78 said:

I don't think she fell in love with Leonard in that episode but she definitely had feelings for him. I would say that it was in the final episode in season 2 that Penny fell in love, just before Leonard should go to the North Pole expedition.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Swedish Chef said:

I don't think she fell in love with Leonard in that episode but she definitely had feelings for him. I would say that it was in the final episode in season 2 that Penny fell in love, just before Leonard should go to the North Pole expedition.

We all have ideas of when she fell in love with Leonard! We all have our reasons for those ideas. When did she fall in love, I don't know for sure. I just have my suspicions. Maybe it was love at first sight for her as it was for Leonard. Then again it could have been at the end of Season 2 when he left for the North Pole. Who knows when, all that matters is she does love Leonard and they are happily married! :sungum:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 6:38 AM, Swedish Chef said:

I think she realized her depth of feelings for Leonard in the S2 Finalie. But as we know when Leonard declared her love for her in S3 The Wheaton Recurrance. She did not reciprocate. As she was not ready. I personally think she fell in love with Leonard in S6. The Holograhpic Excitation. Around that time she was having doubts again about their relationship. And with Bernadette encouragement. She went to his work, and she was reminded of why she fell for Leonard his mind. He offers her something no other guy can. 

resizedimage600295-Penny-Leonard-hologra

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 12:18 PM, TBBT78 said:

I know that everybody has their own or similar ideas of when this happened. I think that unknowningly there has been a lot of progress with Penny but it takes her some time to catch up. 

I always see season 1 and 2 as that period of attraction and confusion for Penny. Because here is a group of men that does not conform to the men she has encountered, but only that, there is one guy from the group that she connects with: Leonard. The cat's alive was proof of what she has always needed to date someone, attraction, but she was still coming to terms. It was no until he left for months that she could feel the absence of Leonard and she took a leap of faith. But the first time they break up is evidence, at least for me, of her indecision, and that had to do with hurting Leonard. She still could not define her feelings. 

I do think the moment she knew that she did not want him to leave, that was the first spark of love. But with Penny it takes time. It took her a long time to say "I love you" and then she acknowledged it, but that was season 6! But the real moment, at least for me as a fan, happened off screen. 

I really believe that the first moment she started to save everything Leonard had done for her, that's when it was love for her. That first moment she saved the snowflake, the letter from their first time together, the plane tickets, and all those other wonderful memories.  

tumblr_mv90hnNyOw1sj94muo1_250.gif.cef30

Edited by batman75
  • Like 8