Jump to content

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 12


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bfm said:

They have bliss written over their faces 😍

It's good to see that again, as well as, a non snarky episode. :sungum:

 

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

What ? Are you sure you saw the same episode as the rest of us ? I know they were mumbling and it wasn't easy to make out what they were saying but I thought he was only asking how she was and if she'd be able to get ready. The subtitles are available now. I checked and he definitely didn't mention sex.

That's what I thought. I rewatched the episode this morning and there was no mention of sex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just thought it was a brilliant ending. We’ve spent a lot of time being upset about Lenny’s treatment over the last few years and rightly so but when the writers get it right, they get it right. While they crammed it all into 3 episodes ( I’m counting last week’s as part of the Lenny finale, and outwardly it was another Sheldon centric story, I really felt it was a tribute to Lenny by stealth. And it was all classic Lenny, which despite the stuff ups ( I haven’t written the number 1203 on the board in my maths classes since that episode) I actually genuinely believe the writers believe in treating Lenny faithfully.

Just like their first kiss, just like their first attempt at sex, just like their first try at a relationship, just like their ILYs, proposals, their weddings, their attempts to break away from Sheldon, the pregnancy was accidental, not quite what was planned but completely embraced by Penny once it happened. Their life together is not meant to be an example for others to follow. The whole thing is ridiculously unlikely but somehow spectacularly successful. I just loved that as soon as Amy did that line about Penny having to let her dress out, i just went yes shes pregnant. And they were just so damned happy when they let it out to the audience. Simply Penny is happiest when things just happen in her life. Its only when she overthinks things that her life sucks ( the breakups, the nearly breakups, the doubts about the engagements, the ILY holdouts, the moving in delays, the career issues,the kids thing)

The finale highlighted how important they are to everyone. Bernie and Amy competing over best friend status, Penny reenacting years of talking Sheldon down from the edge, them being by Shamys side for the announcement, and Sheldon’s speech was so centred on them. And even at the Cheesecake Factory Sheldon acknowledged Penny’s success and growth.

And last week, the support Penny gave Leonard in the Beverly story and the ending they gave Leonard with his mum. They may have been overshadowed by Shamy but the scenes just made them shine as the couple.

So yeah, the writers have put us and Lenny on a tortuous roller coaster ride of mishaps and mistakes but for me that seems to make the payoffs, small in comparison they may be, much more satisfying because they come out of nowhere when you least expect it.

I end my time watching my favourite show a very happy man.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

I just thought it was a brilliant ending. We’ve spent a lot of time being upset about Lenny’s treatment over the last few years and rightly so but when the writers get it right, they get it right. While they crammed it all into 3 episodes ( I’m counting last week’s as part of the Lenny finale, and outwardly it was another Sheldon centric story, I really felt it was a tribute to Lenny by stealth. And it was all classic Lenny, which despite the stuff ups ( I haven’t written the number 1203 on the board in my maths classes since that episode) I actually genuinely believe the writers believe in treating Lenny faithfully.

Just like their first kiss, just like their first attempt at sex, just like their first try at a relationship, just like their ILYs, proposals, their weddings, their attempts to break away from Sheldon, the pregnancy was accidental, not quite what was planned but completely embraced by Penny once it happened. Their life together is not meant to be an example for others to follow. The whole thing is ridiculously unlikely but somehow spectacularly successful. I just loved that as soon as Amy did that line about Penny having to let her dress out, i just went yes shes pregnant. And they were just so damned happy when they let it out to the audience. Simply Penny is happiest when things just happen in her life. Its only when she overthinks things that her life sucks ( the breakups, the nearly breakups, the doubts about the engagements, the ILY holdouts, the moving in delays, the career issues,the kids thing)

The finale highlighted how important they are to everyone. Bernie and Amy competing over best friend status, Penny reenacting years of talking Sheldon down from the edge, them being by Shamys side for the announcement, and Sheldon’s speech was so centred on them. And even at the Cheesecake Factory Sheldon acknowledged Penny’s success and growth.

And last week, the support Penny gave Leonard in the Beverly story and the ending they gave Leonard with his mum. They may have been overshadowed by Shamy but the scenes just made them shine as the couple.

So yeah, the writers have put us and Lenny on a tortuous roller coaster ride of mishaps and mistakes but for me that seems to make the payoffs, small in comparison they may be, much more satisfying because they come out of nowhere when you least expect it.

I end my time watching my favourite show a very happy man.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Yes. A thousand times yes." Lenny half-asses their way through marriage, and yet they do it holding hands and doing it together. Yes, their way may not be the ultimate road map for a successful life, but it works for them and us older folks know that sometimes the best laid plans, the most thought out agendas don't always work out as expected anyhow. Sometimes, going with the flow is the only way to go. Many an unplanned pregnancy has a beautiful, happy ending for parents and child alike. Many times a well-planned extravagant wedding ends in divorce. A planned pregnancy doesn't automatically guarantee successful parenting and a well-adjusted child. Sometimes a leap of faith gets us through. It feels to me that Lenny, on some level, get this.

My willing suspension of disbelief is intact. MY PERSONAL Lenny sequel has unlimited potential and I'm a happy fan.:kissing:The Lenny story is full of possibilities!

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

"Yes. A thousand times yes." Lenny half-asses their way through marriage, and yet they do it holding hands and doing it together. Yes, their way may not be the ultimate road map for a successful life, but it works for them and us older folks know that sometimes the best laid plans, the most thought out agendas don't always work out as expected anyhow. Sometimes, going with the flow is the only way to go. Many an unplanned pregnancy has a beautiful, happy ending for parents and child alike. Many times a well-planned extravagant wedding ends in divorce. A planned pregnancy doesn't automatically guarantee successful parenting and a well-adjusted child. Sometimes a leap of faith gets us through. It feels to me that Lenny, on some level, get this.

My willing suspension of disbelief is intact. MY PERSONAL Lenny sequel has unlimited potential and I'm a happy fan.:kissing:The Lenny story if full of possibilities!

So very true!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, luminous said:

Am I happy? Yes, I am! :icon_biggrin:

lenny1224-01.gif.2c1c2983d6ae02ef873a8c14289e3a4a.gif

lenny1224-02.gif.66acada500ceb0dda36b515dc0348605.gif

Can't help but smile looking at these. They look so happy!

BTW, my reactions are back. Likes to everybody!!! 😎

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

"Yes. A thousand times yes." Lenny half-asses their way through marriage, and yet they do it holding hands and doing it together. Yes, their way may not be the ultimate road map for a successful life, but it works for them and us older folks know that sometimes the best laid plans, the most thought out agendas don't always work out as expected anyhow. Sometimes, going with the flow is the only way to go. Many an unplanned pregnancy has a beautiful, happy ending for parents and child alike. Many times a well-planned extravagant wedding ends in divorce. A planned pregnancy doesn't automatically guarantee successful parenting and a well-adjusted child. Sometimes a leap of faith gets us through. It feels to me that Lenny, on some level, get this.

My willing suspension of disbelief is intact. MY PERSONAL Lenny sequel has unlimited potential and I'm a happy fan.:kissing:The Lenny story if full of possibilities!

I loved these last three episodes.  Penny and Leonard were united and so very much in love and happy together.  From Penny's defending Leonard in his "last stand" with Beverly to their amazing interaction in the finale, the devotion between them was so evident.  Also, the quick embrace on the sofa and his touch of the smart and beautiful baby bump in that tag was just so, so joyful.  Tearing up again!!!!!  I so love these two!!!!

 

Edited by hokie3457

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed both episodes quite alot, Penny being pregnant was the highlight of the season.

I also really liked the final scene where they were all sat in the positions they do in the opening credits.It was made better by Penny wearing that blue top and even better she was wearing her locket, then, of course, the kiss. After watching them like that in opening credits for twelve years, It felt like the perfect way to end it, with them doing what we've seen them do at the start of every episode.

 

T1.png

T2.png

T3.png

T4.png

vlcsnap-2019-05-17-21h04m05s705.png

Edited by Zephon75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't that the shirt from the pilot 


Yes it is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope kaley gets to keep the t shift. If it were me I’d frame it and put it on the wall.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the 2 episodes again and the retrospective for the first time (which was amazing.  J&K did such a great job and I cried from beginning to end.)  I'm completely done in. Emotionally drained. Just pain sad. Really going to miss all my Thursday night visitors, especially Leonard and Penny.:crying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen he finale in its entirety as yet, but from what I’ve read/seen it sounds excellent. So pleased that Lenny are pregnant, but at the time so sad that none of it will ever be played out on screen. Thank goodness for fanficton!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Just watched the 2 episodes again and the retrospective for the first time (which was amazing.  J&K did such a great job and I cried from beginning to end.)  I'm completely done in. Emotionally drained. Just pain sad. Really going to miss all my Thursday night visitors, especially Leonard and Penny.:crying:

For sure!!!!  :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, luminous said:

The Lenny Storybook

Chapters 278/279:  The Change Constant/The Stockholm Syndrome

(Season 12, Episode 23/24 - original air date: May 16, 2019)

the-big-bang-theory-series-finale-25.jpg

big-bang-theory-ratings-series-finale.jp

lenny1224-03.gif.38278afa51fcfadb9983fe8

The last chapter of the Lenny storybook :cry: 

Thank you @luminous

Gonna miss those two 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, luminous said:

The Lenny Storybook

Chapters 278/279:  The Change Constant/The Stockholm Syndrome

(Season 12, Episode 23/24 - original air date: May 16, 2019)

the-big-bang-theory-series-finale-25.jpg

big-bang-theory-ratings-series-finale.jp

lenny1224-03.gif.38278afa51fcfadb9983fe8

Thanks @luminous for this great project and all the effort you put into it. :girlsmile: I love every chapter. ❤️

A wonderful illustration of the amazing Lenny story. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.