8 hours ago, luminous said:

A little edit :shy:

2019-05-30_Lenny_12years.thumb.jpg.8aa3c01defe7def0dc26b24875456661.jpg

Niceeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, luminous said:

A little edit :shy:

2019-05-30_Lenny_12years.thumb.jpg.8aa3c01defe7def0dc26b24875456661.jpg

Just....Perfection. I have so many wonderful memories of this couple as they found themselves as they found each other. One of their greatest strengths is their ability to make each other laugh, to laugh at each other and to laugh together! What a gift!:firstmove:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Just....Perfection. I have so many wonderful memories of this couple as they found themselves as they found each other. One of their greatest strengths is their ability to make each other laugh, to laugh at each other and to laugh together! What a gift!:firstmove:

So very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the near future, Penny can play this with her own kids she has with Leonard. :shy:

penny1123-01.gif.475f73ebf8080e196df0bd4

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, luminous said:

In the near future, Penny can play this with her own kids she has with Leonard. :shy:

penny1123-01.gif.475f73ebf8080e196df0bd4

I imagine the kid doing it in less than a minute and then looking it her like "Okay, now what?"

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, bfm said:

I imagine the kid doing it in less than a minute and then looking it her like "Okay, now what?"

Haha, absolutely! :yes: I can imagine this too. :girlsmile:

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, bfm said:

But the kid would say it lovingly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chucky said:

But the kid would say it lovingly.

I didn't mean actually saying it, I meant the expression conveys it, and definitely not in a mean way but totally seriously because it won't challenge the little genuis :)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I didn't mean actually saying it, I meant the expression conveys it, and definitrly not in a mean way but totally seriously because it won't challenge the little genuis :)

And maybe young Hofstadter saying “like this momma...” lovingly and with a hug!

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bfm said:

I didn't mean actually saying it, I meant the expression conveys it, and definitely not in a mean way but totally seriously because it won't challenge the little genuis :)

I know, I just meant he wouldn't be like Sheldon or Beverly. The child's actions would be lovingly like it's parents!  😄

13 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I could see that happening!

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I know, I just meant he wouldn't be like Sheldon or Beverly. The child's actions would be lovingly like it's parents!  😄

I could see that happening!

I'm sure s/he won't be like Sheldon or Beverly :) They won't let that happen. S/he will have good examples to follow, good education, and also a great family (biological and not) making it so s/he doesn't need to turn to such behaviors to defend themselves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I'm sure s/he won't be like Sheldon or Beverly :) They won't let that happen.

I totally agree.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bfm said:

I'm sure s/he won't be like Sheldon or Beverly :) They won't let that happen. S/he will have good examples to follow, good education, and also a great family (biological and not) making it so s/he doesn't need to turn to such behaviors to defend themselves.

Read the latest Screen-Rant article (May 30) about how TBBT wasted Leonard and Penny's pregnancy arc in this final season.  Many of the points made were what you had suggested. I thought it was a well written and concise analysis of their pregnancy arc.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Read the latest Screen-Rant article (May 30) about how TBBT wasted Leonard and Penny's pregnancy arc in this final season.  Many of the points made were what you had suggested. I thought it was a well written and concise analysis of their pregnancy arc.

Hmm I don't really see how it relates to my opinions on the subject, mainly because they seem to ignore what was before 12X03. Since the no lids decision was IMO OOC, out of the blue and against what was shown previously, in my mind I fill in the blank with the explanation that it's not that Penny genuinely didn't want kids but that she made that declaration out of anxieties, insecurities and so. They also claim the pregnancy was fan service, which it was not because it was planned by the writers and the no kids thing was actually written in order to make the ending a surprise (my feelings about that strategy do not belong in this thread).

Edited by bfm
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, bfm said:

Hmm I don't really see how it relates to my opinions on the subject, mainly because they seem to ignore what was before 12X03. Since the no lids decision was IMO OOC, out of the blue and against what was shown previously, in my mind I fill in the blank with the explanation that it's not that Penny genuinely didn't want kids but that she made that declaration out of anxieties, insecurities and so. They also claim the pregnancy was fan service, which it was not because it was planned by the writers and the no kids thing was actually written in order to make the ending a surprise (my feelings about that strategy do not belong in this thread).

I can see your point. Glad you explained it, as I didn't read the article in question.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bfm said:

Just thought thatthe things they mentioned were similkar to your comments. If I misunderstood  sorry

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Just thought thatthe things they mentioned were similkar to your comments. If I misunderstood  sorry

I think they read this forum so the things they write are similar to things discussed here.

I do agree about the problematic message that came from not explaining this but it's more complicated than that because of the way the whole no kids thing came about. To sum up, the problem for me is not the pregnancy itself, which I'm happy about.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bfm said:

I think they read this forum so the things they write are similar to things discussed here 

That sounds logical.

22 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I really could see that happening!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bfm said:

I agree. The no-kids idea was Penny's response when she was put on the spot. They had obviously done little talking about it before 1203, since there wasn't even a reference to their having discussed it properly at any stage.

At two months pregnant she was still getting her own head around it so wanted to keep it private between themselves until she was ready, which is not unusual anyway.The cat was only out of the bag when her 'morning'( yeah, right ) sickness got the better of her. All discussions on the issue between Penny and Leonard themselves took place off screen. It looks as though it was written to be left to the viewers' imagination and speculation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I agree. The no-kids idea was Penny's response when she was put on the spot. They had obviously done little talking about it before 1203, since there wasn't even a reference to their having discussed it properly at any stage.

Actually the issue has come up before, there wasn't a thourough discussion but no indication of reservations on her part. One of my problems with 12X03 is that they presented it as if the issue has never ever come up before when there was even an agreement between them that they wanted kids in season 9. 

If we're left to speculate, I don't know, maybe ironically she started having those thoughts when she was starting to feel ready to have kids. Maybe she was starting to really see it happening, and that brough up fears, insecuirites and the like and made her "run away" from it. We do know around the time they broke up in season 3 Penny could actually see herself marrying Leonard some day. Something about that overwhelmed her, Wil Wheaton pushed some, Leonard's insecurities made him push some more, and she "ran away". So maybe she was actually much more ready and willing to have children than she seemed, and so maybe after finding out she was pregnant, and confessing her feelings to Leonard and getting support from him, it didn't take her that long to be happy about it as she seemed to be in the finale (wrapping her head around it notwithstanding, it is a big thing, to come to grasp with that there's a baby growing inside her and she's going to be a mother in a few months).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bfm said:

Actually the issue has come up before, there wasn't a thorough discussion but no indication of reservations on her part. One of my problems with 12X03 is that they presented it as if the issue has never ever come up before when there was even an agreement between them that they wanted kids in season 9. 

If we're left to speculate, I don't know, maybe ironically she started having those thoughts when she was starting to feel ready to have kids. Maybe she was starting to really see it happening, and that up fears, insecurities and the like and made her "run away" from it. We do know around the time they broke up in season 3 Penny could actually see herself marrying Leonard some day. Something about that overwhelmed her, Wil Wheaton pushed some, Leonard's insecurities made him push some more, and she "ran away". So maybe she was actually much more ready and willing to have children than she seemed, and so maybe after finding out she was pregnant, and confessing her feelings to Leonard and getting support from him, it didn't take her that long to be happy about it as she seemed to be in the finale (wrapping her head around it notwithstanding, it is a big thing, to come to grasp with that there's a baby growing inside her and she's going to be a mother in a few months).

Quite right. The implication to the viewer before 1203 was always that they would be a family some day. Penny even said 'let's look for houses near good schools' when she was being sarcastic, as if accepting that would be a consequence of marrying Leonard, which she didn't want to do at the time. Years later she didn't contradict Sheldon when he whinged that Lenny'd soon be wanting a bigger place to live. She agreed they'd make good parents when they were home after celebrating Halley being on the way. She may have looked slightly hesitant when it was hinted at but there was never anything in the script suggesting she intended to be child-free forever. It wasn't until Leonard mentioned an actual time line that she shied at the fence. To my mind that reaction was temporary. Women who genuinely are serious about that do something about it. They don't leave the whole responsibility for birth control to their husbands.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bfm said:

Actually the issue has come up before, there wasn't a thourough discussion but no indication of reservations on her part. One of my problems with 12X03 is that they presented it as if the issue has never ever come up before when there was even an agreement between them that they wanted kids in season 9. 

If we're left to speculate, I don't know, maybe ironically she started having those thoughts when she was starting to feel ready to have kids. Maybe she was starting to really see it happening, and that brough up fears, insecuirites and the like and made her "run away" from it. We do know around the time they broke up in season 3 Penny could actually see herself marrying Leonard some day. Something about that overwhelmed her, Wil Wheaton pushed some, Leonard's insecurities made him push some more, and she "ran away". So maybe she was actually much more ready and willing to have children than she seemed, and so maybe after finding out she was pregnant, and confessing her feelings to Leonard and getting support from him, it didn't take her that long to be happy about it as she seemed to be in the finale (wrapping her head around it notwithstanding, it is a big thing, to come to grasp with that there's a baby growing inside her and she's going to be a mother in a few months).

A lot of needless speculation because the writers wasted so much screen time on the Shamy Nobel arc. There was no need for those two scientists to be in so many episodes!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Quite right. The implication to the viewer before 1203 was always that they would be a family some day. Penny even said 'let's look for houses near good schools' when she was being sarcastic, as if accepting that would be a consequence of marrying Leonard, which she didn't want to do at the time. Years later she didn't contradict Sheldon when he whinged that Lenny'd soon be wanting a bigger place to live. She agreed they'd make good parents when they were home after celebrating Halley being on the way. She may have looked slightly hesitant when it was hinted at but there was never anything in the script suggesting she intended to be child-free forever. It wasn't until Leonard mentioned an actual time line that she shied at the fence. To my mind that reaction was temporary. Women who genuinely are serious about that do something about it. They don't leave the whole responsibility for birth control to their husbands.

Also there had to be some implication with the Zack/Marissa situation. She said it was okay for Leonard to donate if he wanted but in her heart she didn't want him to father a baby for someone else....only with her.  And the seduction scene sort of confirmed this. Maybe that is when she started thinking that having a baby with Leonard wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 2