The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Shipping Lanes

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

The original poster implied that they wanted ensemble eps with no relationship stories or relationship drama as I took it. (If I was wrong I apologize...perhaps Joyceraye could clarify if that's the case) That's what I'd like to see, too.

Dream on!

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The original poster implied that they wanted ensemble eps with no relationship stories or relationship drama as I took it. (If I was wrong I apologize...perhaps Joyceraye could clarify if that's the case) That's what I'd like to see, too.

Yes, that's what I thought they wanted  too and I suggested the PTB might be able to do more episodes with one theme running through now the stage of ree-lay-shun-shipps has been got through. The earlier season stories had everybody involved in one thing - such as supporting or laughing at Leonard for fancying Penny - at the same time as playing games. In recent seasons some episodes have had four different unconnected stories going on over something like eighteen minutes. Some posters say they don't like those, especially when they feature one couple at the expense of another.  I like both types myself, apart from when Raj is being a jerk to somebody.

As the years have gone by the show has morphed from a bachelor group moanfest about not being able to get girls into a romantic comedy and now it can morph back into what made it attractive in the first place. This time instead of blokes sharing huge chunks of life together, they can be friends who have their own lives but make a point of getting together.  I'm sure the writers can think up some adventures they can all take part in if they try.  More meetings at the Howardette house I suppose. 

Tomorrow the first batch of ticket holders will be looking forward to the next taping. I hope said batch will include people from this forum who can tell us what's really going to go on.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

This time instead of blokes sharing huge chunks of life together, they can be friends who have their own lives but make a point of getting together.  I'm sure the writers can think up some adventures they can all take part in if they try.  More meetings at the Howardette house I suppose. 

That might work. I just hope for more ensemble eps like the scavenger hunt or parking spot eps. Or failing that non-relationship driven pairings. Howard and Amy can be funny, Howard and Raj, Leonard and Amy, Bernadette and Sheldon, even Penny and Sheldon can be funny if they write it well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:48 AM, bfm said:

Exactly, it's too much! TPTB may know that Sheldon and Shamy are popular but not how much is the preferred amount of them for the majority of the audience. They know Sheldon is popular so they just use him as much as they can without thinking it may be too much for many.

Just wondering if Kaley and Johnny feel like so many of us on the forum feel.  Do they think that their roles have been reduced to secondary characters? But we probably will never know as they wouldn't admit anything like that in interviews.  Was just thinking out loud

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Just wondering if Kaley and Johnny feel like so many of us on the forum feel.  Do they think that their roles have been reduced to secondary characters? But we probably will never know as they wouldn't admit anything like that in interviews.  Was just thinking out loud

They would be out of their minds to walk away from a million dollars an episode for 2 or 3 mins of air time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

They would be out of their minds to walk away from a million dollars an episode for 2 or 3 mins of air time!

Yeah  I know I keep thinking that is what is making them stay aboard

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Yeah  I know I keep thinking that is what is making them stay aboard

That and I really believe they love the fans,

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Just wondering if Kaley and Johnny feel like so many of us on the forum feel.  Do they think that their roles have been reduced to secondary characters? But we probably will never know as they wouldn't admit anything like that in interviews. 

I know if I could get that kind of money for that much work I'd be thrilled. This is just a job for them, after all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

You know what bothers me the most about all of this.  While Shamy are doing their thing, they couldn't let the gang enjoy some time on their own???  I mean, is it really that hard to come up with anything other than Shamy?

It was too much to expect that they could have any sort of freedom while they were away.

Ah well... 

Since everything has to revolve around Shamy, I bet all non-Shamy scenes in the upcoming season 12 premiere will have a link to Shamy in some way or other.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Since everything has to revolve around Shamy, I bet all non-Shamy scenes in the upcoming season 12 premiere will have a link to Shamy in some way or other.

God, I hope not, but it's probably true.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chucky said:

That and I really believe they love the fans,

yeah  They don't want to ruin the legacy of the show and disappoint their fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mario D. said:

They don't want to ruin the legacy of the show and disappoint their fans.

The only ones ruining the legacy of the show is the writers and Holland. Their trying to revolve everything around Sheldon/shamy is ridiculously stupid!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, luminous said:

This is true  The episode when Sheldon was sick and made everyone miserable with his insults, demands and condecsension and they wanted to take the party bus to Las Vegas. Why couldn't they just leave him behind as planned......no they wrote that they had to cave into him because they felt "sorry" for him.  And I think Sheldon didn't even care if he went to Las Vegas,  it was just a game to him to see if he could feel empathy.  What a crock!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

This is true  The episode when Sheldon was sick and made everyone miserable with his insults, demands and condecsension and they wanted to take the party bus to Las Vegas. Why couldn't they just leave him behind as planned......no they wrote that they had to cave into him because they felt "sorry" for him.  And I think Sheldon didn't even care if he went to Las Vegas,  it was just a game to him to see if he could feel empathy.  What a crock!

Yeah, I could see the gang giving in, but Emily? The one chance she had to stick it to Sheldon and she relents. But, what can you expect from pro Sheldon writers. The baby usually wins.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Don't want it and I doubt half if not most of the cast don't want it either. There's already a boring show about sheldon's childhood and a watered down TBBT Show about should and his gang. Another show isn't needed.

On 7/22/2018 at 2:21 PM, chucky said:

Maybe not, but I'm not the only one that feels the way I do! But, who really cares? As I said in another post,I record each episode, Fast Forward past parts I don't want to watch, and watch the rest. A win-win situation for me. I get to watch Lenny and not be bored with shamy.

And how long do you think it will take you to watch the whole of season 12?

• Haha 1

Just now, JohnPhD said:

And how long do you think it will take you to watch the whole of season 12?

Well, 24 Episodes with approximately 2,5 mins of Lenny per Episode.  I'd say around 1 hour.  Unless there's more Episodes of Sheldon hurting himself or being made a fool.

• Like 2

Shamy were fine as long as their relationship was a joke - it was often pretty funny. It turned to vomit when it was turned into a real relationship and Amy had to be the romantic heroine. It's not what MB was hired to do, and she just can't do it. Amy has no inner life.

There's been speculation on other threads that we'll see a Penny pregnancy. I don't think so myself, because there's obviously going to be an Amy pregnancy, and KC's acting the same thing would show up MB's performance. But I wouldn't want to see Penny's baby born into an environment that included creepy auntie Amy and uncle Raj. In fact I don't want to see those 2 anymore. In fact  I think the TBBT setup is more than played out; what I'd really like to see now (and writing it down here is as close as I'm going to get to seeing it) is a sequel where L&P move to a new town with new jobs and make new friends (and enemies). Penny in the suburbs could give rise to a lot of humour, for example.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I'd really like to see now (and writing it down here is as close as I'm going to get to seeing it) is a sequel where L&P move to a new town with new jobs and make new friends (and enemies). Penny in the suburbs could give rise to a lot of humour, for example.

I would enjoy watching that. Then we'd get to see those Smart and beautiful kids.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

There's been speculation on other threads that we'll see a Penny pregnancy. I don't think so myself, because there's obviously going to be an Amy pregnancy, and KC's acting the same thing would show up MB's performance.

I don't think there will be any more pregnancies. I hope not anyway, and based on what they've been saying I think I'm safe from any more TBBT babies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Shamy were fine as long as their relationship was a joke - it was often pretty funny. It turned to vomit when it was turned into a real relationship and Amy had to be the romantic heroine. It's not what MB was hired to do, and she just can't do it. Amy has no inner life.

There's been speculation on other threads that we'll see a Penny pregnancy. I don't think so myself, because there's obviously going to be an Amy pregnancy, and KC's acting the same thing would show up MB's performance. But I wouldn't want to see Penny's baby born into an environment that included creepy auntie Amy and uncle Raj. In fact I don't want to see those 2 anymore. In fact  I think the TBBT setup is more than played out; what I'd really like to see now (and writing it down here is as close as I'm going to get to seeing it) is a sequel where L&P move to a new town with new jobs and make new friends (and enemies). Penny in the suburbs could give rise to a lot of humour, for example.

No way that the Shamy loving writers will miss the opportunity to have Amy pregnant, now when she and Sheldon finally are married.

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

No way that the Shamy loving writers will miss the opportunity to have Amy pregnant, now when she and Sheldon finally are married.

I don't care as long as Amy carries that baby.

• Koala Face 1

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Jonny said:

If they changed it they changed it for a reason, I have to assume Sheldon and Shamy are mega popular so the writers changed the show to its audience.

You might be right, but good writers, write the story they want to tell and have the audience (already built in from previous successful seasons) follow. IMO (and IMO only) the reason they overuse Sheldon/Shamy is because they're to lazy to write anything else.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Carlos said:

You might be right, but good writers, write the story they want to tell and have the audience (already built in from previous successful seasons) follow. IMO (and IMO only) the reason they overuse Sheldon/Shamy is because they're to lazy to write anything else.

Not just your opinion, mine as well. They're tunnel visioned as well. The only think of shamy/sheldon.

Edited by chucky